BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum What do you hate about idrive 8.5

12-05-2023, 06:50 PM   #1
fly121
Rep
Drives: 2024 Alpina XB7

What do you hate about idrive 8.5

My two things I hate are:
Head up display changes to a fixed “sport” option now when you choose sport mode. I liked having assisted option in my HUD and now I have to switch it manually every time I choose sport mode.
2nd item is even more bothersome. The widget tiles are no longer available to be moved and arranged the way I want them like I could in idrive 8. I usually keep navigation as main background view. I would to have date/time and media available to be stacked smaller widgets on the side but this option is not available. You can do media with phone or media with navigation. And if you want the date/time, that is only paired with the weather. I thought the purpose of an upgrade is to enhance the product, not decrease. Why would BMW take away useable functions like moving widgets to how the user wants to use them, not keeping them in a fixed order. Ugh. I hope the next upgrade will be more user friendly. And where the hell is the Qlock now?
Appreciate 2
rjabend376.00
      12-08-2023, 02:42 PM   #2
PinkNinja400Guy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 X7 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly121 View Post
Head up display changes to a fixed “sport” option now when you choose sport mode. I liked having assisted option in my HUD and now I have to switch it manually every time I choose sport mode.
In ID7 this behavior is configurable in the settings (in settings => displays => heads up display). You may want to check in your car's settings menu, maybe they changed the default but still left the configuration option in place.
Appreciate 0