BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition Gym Talk! Daily gym related talk

08-15-2019, 05:36 PM   #1057
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Well, fucking hurry up and get big.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
Rmtt8206.00
King Rudi13152.00
      08-16-2019, 01:05 AM   #1058
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

So it's right at 2:00am....and I just got up as usual. Even on vacation, I don't sleep much.

Think I may go hit the beach for a run. Plus their is a public park a few blocks down on the beach that has a lot of stuff like an outdoor supersized play set for kids.

But it has bars you can use to do stuff like pull-ups and dips with bodyweight.

Right now I'm pacing the floors in this house!!
      08-16-2019, 01:22 AM   #1059
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Much appreciated!

I don't have any friends that work out or anyone to train with....and I don't trust the trainers at the gym; one is fat as hell and the other two ooze this god-like complex because they are trainers at a Planet Fitness. I totally get that my gym is the Wal-Mart or McDonalds as far as gyms are concerned, but the other 2 gyms in town are swimming with 2 types - douche bags and local police officers. Nothing against police officers in general, but I live in a small town and let's just say I have a checkered past....so Planet Fitness is better than nothing. I'll eagerly accept any advice. The majority of my info and training knowledge comes from hours of scouring the internet (although everything a person reads is contradictory to everything they read before...or will read next - one person says one thing, someone else says something completely different) and pure experimentation based off what my body responds to.

I'm going to lower my caloric intake a little for the rest of this bulk phase. I'll keep doing cardio 2-3 times/week for 30 minutes as well. Come the 15th of September, I'll cut for 2 weeks, keep "trying" (I know I'll lose a little muscle and strength during my cut phase) to lift at the same level I'm at now and increase cardio to 45 minutes; then see where I'm at.

Thanks again for the advice! I've been relentless on this since November. I do get frustrated sometimes, but oddly enough anytime that I bitch within a couple of days, whatever I bitch about I see results in. Either way, once I set my mind to something I'm like a fully loaded Mack truck going down hill with no brakes. I'll get to where I want to be, I just wish I wasn't so damn impatient.
I have quite a few workouts that are programmed for what you are doing. They have 3,4,5 day options. The off days are when you do cardio.

Do you have Android or I-Phone. If Android, I can tell you some free apps that you plug in what you want to do, estimated 1 rep maxes, and it will lay out 4 weeks of training for you. You can even select your own exercises.

It automatically recaclculates your weights and sets your next 4 week cycle up with the new weights. It touches on heavy weight, moderate weight, rest periods,.......pretty much all the methods of progression over those 4 weeks mixed in at different times.

You just open your app at the gym, and your workout and rest periods are layed out for you. You just check them off as you do them.
      08-16-2019, 05:10 AM   #1060
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
So it's right at 2:00am....and I just got up as usual. Even on vacation, I don't sleep much.

Think I may go hit the beach for a run. Plus their is a public park a few blocks down on the beach that has a lot of stuff like an outdoor supersized play set for kids.

Ridiculous, I'm picturing you pacing the house while everyone else sleeps in pitch darkness. Laughing to myself at my desk hahaha. Reminds me of each morning trying not to wake my fiance while I get ready.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      08-16-2019, 09:53 AM   #1061
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

I hit the back/bi last night. Started out thinking something magical had happened, and extra weight was moving pretty easy. Then, it happened. Just dropped off, but still labored thru everything I had planned. I think the 10 days out of the gym, but still doing stuff at the resort, made that initial freshness on my old equipment/routine.

You know how when you were in your late 20s/early 30s, and there's usually this older guy at the gym. He seems to have had a time in his life where he was pretty buff, might have moved some weight, but now he's got a gut, and the skin isn't so tight, and the weights aren't what his body looks like it could move? Well last night I came to the realization: yeah, I'm THAT guy now
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2019, 11:17 AM   #1062
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:

Bro, you're on vacation! What are you doing working out? I notice after a 2 week vacation my body seems to feel stronger with that much time off.
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      08-16-2019, 11:20 AM   #1063
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Well, fucking hurry up and get big.
He looks like some of the old dudes at my gym with the same salt and pepper manbeard Harley Davidson biker dude who still works out lol
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2019, 11:30 AM   #1064
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-16-2019, 12:57 PM   #1065
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Bro, you're on vacation! What are you doing working out? I notice after a 2 week vacation my body seems to feel stronger with that much time off.
I know. I didn't do anything hard and called it "Active Recovery" just to get some blood moving.

Plus the week I'm back in the gym is right in line with my de-loading phase. So in effect I will have two full weeks of lower intensity training. At least that's the excuse I used on myself this morning!
      08-17-2019, 04:26 PM   #1066
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Buried and paused at bottom a 365 squat in less than ideal shoes.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 04:40 AM   #1067
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

So back from vacation and in the gym this week. I gained a total of 8lbs when I stepped on the scale Sunday when we returned...but a lot was water as this morning I was almost 4.5 lbs down.

This is an active recovery week for me...so everything is light and just moving blood around. Since it is a recovery week...I got some weird stares from some gym bros when benching. My weights are so reduced during this week, I only had 185lbs on the bench.

These 3 guys kept watching me from one side of the room like I was a pussy! I stay covered up for the most part in the gym.

I felt like just pitching the bar up in the air on my last few reps just to see how they would react.

But next week starts the heavy shit again...and then I will slowly start reverse dieting and see how much weight I can gain before my abs start to blur. Last time it was about the 205lb range. I think I may push the envelope this year, be real strict, and see if I can get back to around 220lbs which is what I normally walked around at 4-5 years ago!
      08-22-2019, 07:56 AM   #1068
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
So back from vacation and in the gym this week. I gained a total of 8lbs when I stepped on the scale Sunday when we returned...but a lot was water as this morning I was almost 4.5 lbs down.

This is an active recovery week for me...so everything is light and just moving blood around. Since it is a recovery week...I got some weird stares from some gym bros when benching. My weights are so reduced during this week, I only had 185lbs on the bench.

These 3 guys kept watching me from one side of the room like I was a pussy! I stay covered up for the most part in the gym.

I felt like just pitching the bar up in the air on my last few reps just to see how they would react.

But next week starts the heavy shit again...and then I will slowly start reverse dieting and see how much weight I can gain before my abs start to blur. Last time it was about the 205lb range. I think I may push the envelope this year, be real strict, and see if I can get back to around 220lbs which is what I normally walked around at 4-5 years ago!
8lbs thats not bad at all, you'll have that down this week for sure. I never pay my surroundings any attention. Always in my own little world in the gym. 220 would be wild!

On a seperate note, It was leg day yesterday and at the end of my workout I realized I was completely drenched in sweat. I could literally wring out my shirt. Shorts were completely soaked as well, everything but the lower half of the front of them. Need to start bringing a towel to sit on afterwards, always feel so bad hoping in my car following the workout haha. Other than that it was a wild leg day, surprised I am not too sore today.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      08-22-2019, 12:52 PM   #1069
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Last night I threw in the towel, and instead poured myself a tall glass of Basil Hayden and sat my ass down to watch LLWS. Like "no mas" threw in the towel, I'm done, this isn't working any more, why waste my time/energy thinking it's going to do something.

This morning my bs is hovering north of 300

I turned 53 earlier this month, I'm way too young to be giving up
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 02:44 PM   #1070
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Cant quit now!
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 02:57 PM   #1071
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Last night I threw in the towel, and instead poured myself a tall glass of Basil Hayden and sat my ass down to watch LLWS. Like "no mas" threw in the towel, I'm done, this isn't working any more, why waste my time/energy thinking it's going to do something.

This morning my bs is hovering north of 300

I turned 53 earlier this month, I'm way too young to be giving up
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Cant quit now!
+1

Can't give up! I'm ugh 48 and still highly motivated to show these millennials 20-30 something year olds that i work and train harder than them bitches! I'm like Manny Pacquiao...age ain't but a number

On that note just took my pre workout C4 and heading in to kill some shoulders!
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      08-24-2019, 03:51 AM   #1072
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Well today is my last day of recovery workouts. Wife wanted me to wait on her, so it will probably be close to 10:00am before we go.

Today is shoulder and arm work....nothing but pumping as much blood as I can get in.

I think today I will wear a tank top. I usually stay covered up, but my tan from the beach is still going strong, and all my muscle is pretty full coming out of the eating I was doing. Probably be my last session wearing one as well as I change my diet next week.

Since coming back from vacation, I've been getting some skin splitting pumps from the glycogen overload.
      08-24-2019, 02:01 PM   #1073
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Put up a solid full depth 405 squat today.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      08-25-2019, 03:27 AM   #1074
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Put up a solid full depth 405 squat today.
Nice.

Sounds like things are moving along pretty good!
      08-25-2019, 10:16 AM   #1075
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Yes sir, not lot of growth but feeling pretty good. Hips and low back knees to be worked on and thinking a 200 kilo lift night happen. Shoulder still pretty bad think pt might be in order again.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2019, 09:29 AM   #1076
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

I'm thinking I'm going to chase Rudi, and go swimming/cardio/bike for a few months, see if I can shed 15-20 lbs, then come back to lifting again.

I got my sweat on all weekend with carrying garbage at the garage sale, and normal yard work.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      08-26-2019, 11:34 AM   #1077
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
I'm thinking I'm going to chase Rudi, and go swimming/cardio/bike for a few months, see if I can shed 15-20 lbs, then come back to lifting again.

I got my sweat on all weekend with carrying garbage at the garage sale, and normal yard work.
Good luck to you sir! As a heads up, I do not recommend the path that I went to lose my weight. Caloric intake of 1500 calories/day and at least 45 minutes of cardio 5 days/week, most days it was an hour to an hour and 15 minutes. Roughly 4 miles on an elliptical burning between 950-1150 calories per session. I did this religiously for for about 5 months. I also did intermittent fasting. I ate all my meals between 5:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. Lots of going to bed hungry and waking up starving.

I got hell bent on trying to get a six pack and got too small. I was at 145 about a month ago. Trying to come back up now packing on lean muscle; it's slow going but seeing results. I start cutting again Saturday for two weeks. I'm actually looking forward to it. Anticipating seeing what I look like after I shed a little of this fluff I've put back on.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      08-26-2019, 11:46 AM   #1078
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Skinny sucks, primarily because I dont wanna do it.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00