BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum About to sign for my new build

09-16-2019, 09:55 PM   #23
760Lifan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 4xe Summit R & Trailhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwly View Post
Good point. I'll look into that. Is there a reason he would steer me in the direction of the 50i?
Based on the latest info I had, the 50i has the same residual as the M50i and if I'm not mistaken, even the 40i.

The RV is higher for this month though on the MY19 vehicles. In reality, this makes no sense at all but shows you that the RV and MF are often used as a tool to promote certain sales - in this case, getting rid of vehicles from the former MY.

So unless they are trying to sell you a MY19 50i from their lot/inventory, the RV should be identical.

In addition to that, don't fall for their 'oh, the M50i is a special model and order allocations are limited and that's why we can't provide the same discount'-BS. Many years ago, a local dealer tried to pull that off on me when I was in the market for a 760Li. Guess who did NOT get my business back then...

If a dealer has an allocation for an X7, it makes no difference at all if you order a 40i, 50i or M50i. In fact, the more expensive your order gets, the higher your discount should be.

I would even go that far and argue that a dealer makes a higher profit on a $125K X7 M50i at a 10% discount compared to a 7% discount on a $75K X7 40i....
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 10:01 PM   #24
Screwly
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW x7 Ford 250 superduty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 760Lifan View Post
Quote:
Good point. I'll look into that. Is there a reason he would steer me in the direction of the 50i?
Based on the latest info I had, the 50i has the same residual as the M50i and if I'm not mistaken, even the 40i.

The RV is higher for this month though on the MY19 vehicles. In reality, this makes no sense at all but shows you that the RV and MF are often used as a tool to promote certain sales - in this case, getting rid of vehicles from the former MY.

So unless they are trying to sell you a MY19 50i from their lot/inventory, the RV should be identical.

In addition to that, don't fall for their 'oh, the M50i is a special model and order allocations are limited and that's why we can't provide the same discount'-BS. Many years ago, a local dealer tried to pull that off on me when I was in the market for a 760Li. Guess who did NOT get my business back then...

If a dealer has an allocation for an X7, it makes no difference at all if you order a 40i, 50i or M50i. In fact, the more expensive your order gets, the higher your discount should be.

I would even go that far and argue that a dealer makes a higher profit on a $125K X7 M50i at a 10% discount compared to a 7% discount on a $75K X7 40i....
I'm putting an order in on a 2020 so I don't get it either. I haven't finalized my build yet just secured allocation. I don't get why he would tell me that if it wasn't true.....
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 10:15 PM   #25
760Lifan
Major
Rep

Quote:
I'm putting an order in on a 2020 so I don't get it either. I haven't finalized my build yet just secured allocation. I don't get why he would tell me that if it wasn't true.....
If you want to be 100% sure, I would suggest to ask the guys on this forum what the current numbers are:

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussio...-and-prices/p1

I'm constantly following the posts over there as well. Once you have those numbers and the agreed upon sales-price, you can go here

https://www.calculator.net/auto-lease-calculator.html

to make sure they are not screwing you over.

When I was new to leasing, I didn't even know what a Money Factor (MF) or Residual Value (RV) was and I was only focused on my monthly payment. Well, those were the days my dealers really enjoyed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awb7uD6c7PQ
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 10:28 PM   #26
Screwly
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 760Lifan View Post
Quote:
If you want to be 100% sure, I would suggest to ask the guys on this forum what the current numbers are:

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/56889/bmw/x7/2020-bmw-x7-lease-deals-and-prices/p1

I'm constantly following the posts over there as well. Once you have those numbers and the agreed upon sales-price, you can go here

https://www.calculator.net/auto-lease-calculator.html

to make sure they are not screwing you over.

When I was new to leasing, I didn't even know what a Money Factor (MF) or Residual Value (RV) was and I was only focused on my monthly payment. Well, those were the days my dealers really enjoyed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awb7uD6c7PQ
Thanks for the tips!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 01:53 PM   #27
neogeo8000
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 50i

Probably he has some better commission for selling you a 50i.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 09:37 PM   #28
Screwly
Private
Rep

Guys so if I get the 5zone climate control does that give me the 3rd row climate control without the cold weather package? I'm trying to work to get the m50i. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 12:52 AM   #29
760Lifan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Guys so if I get the 5zone climate control does that give me the 3rd row climate control without the cold weather package?
That's correct.

The 5-zone climtate is now also available as stand alone option, order code 4NN, which is also part of the cold weather package ZCW.
Appreciate 0