BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum BMW X7 Quotes, Pricing and Lease Rates Thread

04-06-2020, 05:03 PM   #793
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Updated again for correction.
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 12:21 PM   #794
wigglenator
Registered
Rep
Drives: MB GLS 450, TY 4R TRD PRO

The quoted April 2020 lease/finance program - is there a thread for canadians specifically? My center is claiming 2020 residuals of 49% and essentially no programs for lease/rebates
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2020, 11:11 PM   #795
Heimdall
The Centurion
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M40i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Interesting so they reduced the residual
Which makes lease payments higher.

Was expecting a twist in the other direction.
      04-20-2020, 07:59 AM   #796
unfoundnemo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 i4 M50

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 M50  [0.00]
2022 BMW X7  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimdall View Post

Maybe a risk thing?
      04-21-2020, 03:39 AM   #797
Mohsinkayub05
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5

First post here

I got the below quote wondering if I can negotiate further or not.

MSRP: $82,845

APR Credit: $2,500
Loyalty: $1,000
Dealer Discount: $6,130 ($1,000 below invoice)

TOTAL SAVINGS: $9,630

VA Taxes: $3,196.12
VA Tags: $147.50
Dealer Fee: $300

Total out-the-door: $76,858.62
Appreciate 1
      04-21-2020, 08:57 AM   #798
jmciver
///M SubDriver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3, 2020 X7 40i

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohsinkayub05 View Post
First post here

I got the below quote wondering if I can negotiate further or not.

MSRP: $82,845

APR Credit: $2,500
Loyalty: $1,000
Dealer Discount: $6,130 ($1,000 below invoice)

TOTAL SAVINGS: $9,630

VA Taxes: $3,196.12
VA Tags: $147.50
Dealer Fee: $300

Total out-the-door: $76,858.62
7.4% discount before incentives (if I understand you figures above) is not bad. But if this is an X7 from dealer inventory, they can do better. Don't let the dealer sway you with terms like "$XXXX below invoice" as that has little real meaning now with how new cars are priced and how dealers can make their money. Have you made a counter offer yet? Also, do you have a trade or plan to put anything down? What are they willing to offer for financing? BMW FS or a separate dealer financing company?

As a counter, you could ask for a higher discount (before incentives) like 11% off MSRP and also ask for the base BMW FS APR rate (sometimes called "buy" rate) of 2.99% then continue to negotiate from there. If your Automotive FICO score is 700 or above (which is different than you regular FICO score), you will qualify the top tier rate by BMW FS (which is 2.99% now IIRC)..

X3 XDrive 30i - 2019 G01 Mineral White (wife's) / 128i 6MT - 2009 E82 Jet Black (son's)

Last edited by jmciver; 04-21-2020 at 09:20 AM..
Appreciate 1
      04-21-2020, 09:55 AM   #799
BigDuke6
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
7.4% discount before incentives (if I understand you figures above) is not bad. But if this is an X7 from dealer inventory, they can do better. Don't let the dealer sway you with terms like "$XXXX below invoice" as that has little real meaning now with how new cars are priced and how dealers can make their money. Have you made a counter offer yet? Also, do you have a trade or plan to put anything down? What are they willing to offer for financing? BMW FS or a separate dealer financing company?

As a counter, you could ask for a higher discount (before incentives) like 11% off MSRP and also ask for the base BMW FS APR rate (sometimes called "buy" rate) of 2.99% then continue to negotiate from there. If your Automotive FICO score is 700 or above (which is different than you regular FICO score), you will qualify the top tier rate by BMW FS (which is 2.99% now IIRC)..

Agree with all of this here. Very good response.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 09:56 AM   #800
Mohsinkayub05
Rep

Quote:

I have not yet countered, I am planning on trading in my 2015 X5 and also putting down about 5k. My credit score is well over 700, and they already told me I should get a rate below 3%. I am planning on going in next Monday or Tuesday to make something happen.

What if instead of asking for a higher discount, I asked to bundle in the extended warranty and service plan?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 10:09 AM   #801
jmciver
///M SubDriver
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
I have not yet countered, I am planning on trading in my 2015 X5 and also putting down about 5k. My credit score is well over 700, and they already told me I should get a rate below 3%. I am planning on going in next Monday or Tuesday to make something happen.

What if instead of asking for a higher discount, I asked to bundle in the extended warranty and service plan?
Sure, you could try to get them to throw in the extended warranty and/or service plan at a discounted rate (admittedly I am not a fan of those plans, but that is a different conversation ). My best advice is to always "ask for the world" and go from there - what is the worst they will say no? I see that you are in Virginia. If you are in the DMV, like me, then there are a ton of dealerships in the area. Now, you won't get "the world" when you ask for it, but if the dealer won't at least provide a counter offer, then you should move to another dealer.

That is how I got my deal recently on my X7. I went in pretty aggressive and high, essentially haggling over $1300 on the deal for about a week. I did end up with something less than my initial offer, but the final deal still met my goal for what I was looking for. And the negotiating part, going back and forth with offers and counter offers, was actually a bit fun (but I guess I am weird like that ).

So my advice for you would be to ask for EVERYTHING you want. Even throw in a few dealer installed accessories you may want - and go from there. You won't know unless you ask....

Oh yeah and about your trade, do some research to see how much it is worth based on how much you owe. You want to know how much it is worth at dealer auction, not retail, because that is what the dealer will use when adding your trade into the deal. And be prepared for the dealer to low ball you on your trade. But if you know the trade value (i.e. auction value) of your trade, you can use that info during your negotiations. But you should always try to negotiate the final price on a new car WITHOUT the trade included. But sometimes it can be beneficial to make the trade part of the negotiation (it was for me). But you want to know the true value of your trade so you can use the info to your advantage when you negotiate.

X3 XDrive 30i - 2019 G01 Mineral White (wife's) / 128i 6MT - 2009 E82 Jet Black (son's)

Last edited by jmciver; 04-21-2020 at 10:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 10:15 AM   #802
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Quote:

in Virginia, bmw Richmond gave me a great offer that I was able to leverage around to get mine.

I kinda agree with jmciver you can do better. aim for at least invoice which is like 10-11 % under, and honesty you can probably get closer to 15% in todays world.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 10:24 AM   #803
Mohsinkayub05
Rep

Quote:
Sure, you could try to get them to throw in the extended warranty and/or service plan at a discounted rate (admittedly I am not a fan of those plans, but that is a different conversation ). My best advice is to always "ask for the world" and go from there - what is the worst they will say no? I see that you are in Virginia. If you are in the DMV, like me, then there are a ton of dealerships in the area. Now, you won't get "the world" when you ask for it, but if the dealer won't at least provide a counter offer, then you should move to another dealer.

That is how I got my deal recently on my X7. I went in pretty aggressive and high, essentially haggling over $1300 on the deal for about a week. I did end up with something less than my initial offer, but the final deal still met my goal for what I was looking for. And the negotiating part, going back and forth with offers and counter offers, was actually a bit fun (but I guess I am weird like that ).

So my advice for you would be to ask for EVERYTHING you want. Even throw in a few dealer installed accessories you may want - and go from there. You won't know unless you ask....

Oh yeah and about your trade, do some research to see how much it is worth based on how much you owe. You want to know how much it is worth at dealer auction, not retail, because that is what the dealer will use when adding your trade into the deal. And be prepared for the dealer to low ball you on your trade. But if you know the trade value (i.e. auction value) of your trade, you can use that info during your negotiations. But you should always try to negotiate the final price on a new car WITHOUT the trade included. But sometimes it can be beneficial to make the trade part of the negotiation (it was for me). But you want to know the true value of your trade so you can use the info to your advantage when you negotiate.

I do not know much about car pricing and warranties so I will take your word for it and skip the warranty package, instead I will ask for a higher discount he emailed the "invoice" sheet which shows wholesale price at $69.225.00, I do not buy cars very often and do not consider myself a good negotiator. So would it be a good idea to go in asking for that "invoice" price, or will they just completely ignore me?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 10:51 AM   #804
jmciver
///M SubDriver
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
I do not know much about car pricing and warranties so I will take your word for it and skip the warranty package, instead I will ask for a higher discount he emailed the "invoice" sheet which shows wholesale price at $69.225.00, I do not buy cars very often and do not consider myself a good negotiator. So would it be a good idea to go in asking for that "invoice" price, or will they just completely ignore me?
Well, the "anonymity" of the internet and email can sometimes make the negotiations a bit easier for those who don't like the face to face conflict negotiating in person can sometimes have. I would provide a very concise, itemized offer with the deal elements you want. And also include any math where appropriate. Something like this...

"Mr. Dealer, thank you for the offer. After reviewing your offer, below are the details of the deal that I want for the vehicle in question:

MSRP: $XX,XXXX

- 12% off MSRP: $XX,XXX.XX (before applying any discounts)
- APR Discount: $XXXX
- Loyalty Discount: $XXXX
- BMW FS financing w/2.99% APR for 60 months (or whatever the best rate is now, check online at BMW USA)
- 10% Off BMW Extended Warranty 6yr/100k mile: $XXXX included in financing (you will need to look up the retail prices for these plans on BMW USA)
- 10% off BMW Extended Service Plan X: $XXXX included in financing (you will need to look up the different plan and prices on BMW USA)
- Accessory XYZ: $XXXX (look up the best internet price for the accessory you want, typically 10-15% off retail price, if you want a dealer installed accessory, make sure to get the labor cost when the dealer counters your offer)

Total: $XX,XXX.XX (before taxes, tags & dealership fees)

Thanks for your time and I look forward to your response!

Mohsinkayub05" <- your real name goes there of course

If the dealer counters, it will be something less. And don't be surprised if they throw in a sob story like they are losing so much money - don't by it. Even if they gave you everything in the example I provided above, they will still make money. When the dealer does counter with changes to the different elements of your deal, you then need to determine which elements you are ok with giving in to the dealer vs which elements you want to "stick to your guns". Then send a counter offer back and go from there. The nice thing about doing all of this via email (as opposed to in person) you have a written record of everything that was discussed to refer back to if necessary.

And regarding the extended warranties and service plans, I am not a fan of them, but they do have their place. My recommendation regarding these items is to do some research so that you can make an informed decision if they are right for you and your situation.

Last edited by jmciver; 04-21-2020 at 10:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 10:59 AM   #805
Mohsinkayub05
Rep

Quote:
Well, the "anonymity" of the internet and email can sometimes make the negotiations a bit easier for those who don't like the face to face conflict negotiating in person can sometimes have. I would provide a very concise, itemized offer with the deal elements you want. And also include any math where appropriate. Something like this...

"Mr. Dealer, thank you for the offer. After reviewing your offer, below are the details of the deal that I want for the vehicle in question:

- BMW FS financing w/2.99% APR for 60 months (or whatever the best rate is now, check online at BMW USA)
- 10% Off BMW Extended Warranty 6yr/100k mile: $XXXX included in financing (you will need to look up the retail prices for these plans on BMW USA)
- 10% off BMW Extended Service Plan X: $XXXX included in financing (you will need to look up the different plan and prices on BMW USA)
- Accessory XYZ: $XXXX (look up the best internet price for the accessory you want, typically 10-15% off retail price, if you want a dealer installed accessory, make sure to get the labor cost when the dealer counters your offer)

And regarding the extended warranties and service plans, I am not a fan of them, but they do have their place. My recommendation regarding these items is to do some research so that you can make an informed decision if they are right for you and your situation.

WOW thanks for that, I will follow up with them later on today, I will let you know what he comes back with. I really do appreciate all your help.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 11:00 AM   #806
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Sure, you could negotiate.

several things to unpack here. First, there are brokers that specialize in helping you get the best price. if you need help, use them.
Second, ignore all the "extras" like warranty and floor mats until the very end. Start with the price of the car and go from there.
Third, invoice price is well off from what they pay. They often get holdback, rebates, flagship money and other incentives that make the "true" wholesale price about 10% under invoice. or about 20% under MSRP.

Fourth, yes if you go to low, they might ignore you. however there is 100 dealership that will ship you the SAME car for free shipping to your DOOR. so you might need to expand your reach.
if you have a problem, get online and email all the dealerships in a 500 miles radius or more.
I've purchased a car from a dealership in California and Florida and had them ship it to Virginia for WAY less than the local dealer wanted.
Appreciate 1
jmciver1823.50
      04-21-2020, 11:21 AM   #807
jmciver
///M SubDriver
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
several things to unpack here. First, there are brokers that specialize in helping you get the best price. if you need help, use them.
Second, ignore all the "extras" like warranty and floor mats until the very end. Start with the price of the car and go from there.
Third, invoice price is well off from what they pay. They often get holdback, rebates, flagship money and other incentives that make the "true" wholesale price about 10% under invoice. or about 20% under MSRP.

Fourth, yes if you go to low, they might ignore you. however there is 100 dealership that will ship you the SAME car for free shipping to your DOOR. so you might need to expand your reach.
if you have a problem, get online and email all the dealerships in a 500 miles radius or more.
I've purchased a car from a dealership in California and Florida and had them ship it to Virginia for WAY less than the local dealer wanted.
Good nuggets of info here too. I was also prepared to "negotiate" in a 500 mile radius from me if the first deal did not work out.

For Mohsinkayub05, at the end of the day, it is all about finding that balance between being comfortable with how you want to negotiate AND being an informed consumer to get the deal that is right for you.

Last edited by jmciver; 04-21-2020 at 11:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 11:25 AM   #808
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep

2019 BMW X7 Quotes, Pricing and Lease Rates Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Level Auto Brokers View Post
Yes, I'm a broker! I've done a lot of VA/MD deals because your dealers always want to mess with the MF and have crazy add-ons.

Taxes are brutal for both states, I gotta say!
hey Mohsinkayub05 you may want to call this guy
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 12:25 PM   #809
Mohsinkayub05
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
hey Mohsinkayub05 you may want to call this guy
Sent him a PM.
Appreciate 1
      04-21-2020, 11:41 PM   #810
Heimdall
The Centurion
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M40i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfoundnemo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimdall View Post

Maybe a risk thing?
Could
Though it seems to me more of a cas management issue rather than something else.
      04-23-2020, 08:50 PM   #811
HarryNal
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M550I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuartlogan77 View Post
w/ tax, fees and first month payment = 6,713.25
$1,500 Loyalty Rebate
1,250 per month x 36 mo. @ 12k per year

83,100 MRSP
Build DSs1ZBK6
NJ

It's up their with my m5 :-(

Anyone have an idea of discounts of msrp
BMW Manhatten wanted to use rape me granted I wasn't gonna go with them
Just wanted to test drive the 2018 M550I but I went with my leasing guy he got me a $82k car fees and first month $3000 $1500 loyalty my payment is 999.32 includes nyc tax and wheel and tire insurance can't wait till it goes back I want a X7 now car is available for transfer if anyone is interested
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-24-2020, 12:19 PM   #812
Mohsinkayub05
Rep

Quote:

If the dealer counters, it will be something less. And don't be surprised if they throw in a sob story like they are losing so much money - don't by it. Even if they gave you everything in the example I provided above, they will still make money. When the dealer does counter with changes to the different elements of your deal, you then need to determine which elements you are ok with giving in to the dealer vs which elements you want to "stick to your guns". Then send a counter offer back and go from there. The nice thing about doing all of this via email (as opposed to in person) you have a written record of everything that was discussed to refer back to if necessary.

So I got a quote from different dealer (Richmond BMW Midlothian) down to a lower price, $72,500 OTD (MSRP $83,245), but no other incentives added just giving me a 3% rate for financing, they will also deliver the car to me. They are charging $579 processing fee which seem high to me. My wife is pushing me to seal the deal, but I am wondering if I can get any lower than this.
Appreciate 1
      04-24-2020, 12:52 PM   #813
Paultattoo
Paul Tattoo
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X7

Quote:
Quote:

So I got a quote from different dealer (Richmond BMW Midlothian) down to a lower price, $72,500 OTD (MSRP $83,245), but no other incentives added just giving me a 3% rate for financing, they will also deliver the car to me. They are charging $579 processing fee which seem high to me. My wife is pushing me to seal the deal, but I am wondering if I can get any lower than this.
I am an out the door price guy. I know what number I want to pay. Period. I'm realistic. I usually just present this number to the dealer, take it or leave it. I traded in my Q7 on a new 40i. I wanted to be at $50,000.

I'll let the dealer have his space and see where he wants to juggle his numbers. He may need to put more into the trade. Larger discounts on things with bigger margins. Let him do his job. I don't want to price shop every part and then negotiate over each "got ya" part if the dealer wants to play.

I'm a cash buyer so I don't know if that makes a difference. But I'll make a fair offer. This time was 50,000 out the door. Plates prep paper work everything. Then the dealer can finagle his numbers any way he wants.
Received on 12/28/2023: 2024 X7 XDrive 40i Obsidian Black, Coffee Vernasca Leather, M SPORT, EXECUTIVE, DYNAMIC, ASSISTANCE PRO PKG, LUX SEATING, COLD WEATHER, PARK ASSIST, Ambient Air, Shadowline Trim,
Harman Kardon, Trailer Hitch.
Appreciate 1
      04-24-2020, 12:56 PM   #814
jmciver
///M SubDriver
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Seems pretty good, but without seeing more of a breakdown it is difficult for me to tell where you might be missing something. Although, it does not make sense that the dealer does not want to include any of the factory incentives on top of any dealer discounts the dealer is giving you - if I understand your post correctly. The factory incentives (APR/Lease credit, Loyalty credit, Military credit, etc) are all "cash" directly from the manufacturer to the dealer, regardless of any additional discount the dealer may be giving you in the deal.

Appreciate 0