BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Current state of Quality Control

12-03-2022, 07:42 AM   #1
TedDz
Private
Rep
Drives: Audi A5

Current state of Quality Control

Based on the treads bemoaning the lack of QC on the X7 line, I'm wondering are things getting better or worse with the latest deliveries and weeks of production?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2022, 08:32 AM   #2
Ace6180G07
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X7 M50i / 2024 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedDz View Post
Based on the treads bemoaning the lack of QC on the X7 line, I'm wondering are things getting better or worse with the latest deliveries and weeks of production?
Good question. Mine was delivered on Mid October after 50 days in QC. One of the last 40i’s to have the DHP package. I was told that a part of that package held it up.

Regardless, It’s flawless. No gasket issues, squeaks, rattles, wind noise etc. absolutely love it.

Last time is was at the dealer (about a week ago) there were a bunch on the lot that were not customers orders. The dealer said that they ramp up production. Around the end of the year.

The information above could be an indication for more QC issues… they’re pretty bad lately. If it was me I would not have accepted delivery and walked with some of the issues that were noted on this forum.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2022, 10:03 AM   #3
Saejin
Captain
Rep
Drives: None

So on this topic. Are we talking interior quality like surfaces, trim, leather, seats, etc. If so, my 2023 is as good if not better than my 2021 we traded in, also better than my 2019 X3, and better than my 2022 SQ5 we traded in.

If we’re talking exterior quality, are we saying panel gaps, paint, bumpers, trim, glass? If so, again my 2023 is just as good if not better than all the cars above.

Now mechanical, I think that is where most of the issues are, but on the posts I’ve seen it’s the 40i version mostly impact with CEL and engine issues. Not saying the owners of M60i haven’t had issues, but most are of the former.

BMW has sold probably 60K to 80K X7s since it’s release. Reports show an average of 20K a year.
Quality issues posted on here only represent a fraction of those vehicles.

I get it there are issues, but every automaker has them. Not sure I would call this a downward trend of quality in BMW. MY23 has some new tech with the drivetrain and a whole new engine in the M60i. Majority of the interior and exterior remained the same minus the front end and idrive8 tech and screen.

Think we should post up a poll of some sorts to get current numbers and issues.
Appreciate 4