BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum 2023 Alpina XB7 Build Your Own Configurator now open on BMWUSA.com

10-27-2022, 08:10 AM   #67
TXSchnee
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr4ckD4ys View Post
How much income, per year on average, would someone need to make to be able to healthily afford an XB7? I think that's a more interesting question rather than why you should afford it. I think there's going to be quite a few people that drive an their cars and do not fall into the above category. I'm both directions. Alpina attracts the rich in a way that some other brands that cost even more don't.

Outside of that though just curious, would love to understand what people think is a healthy threshold, and when I say healthy, I don't mean 50% of your disposable income goes to the Alpina.
The way I personally determine if something is within my ability to purchase is as follows. 1. Will I have to change other spending habits to afford the payments/loss of savings if I purchase this? 2. What other things are in the pipeline that also require a large amount of money that are in various planning stages. That is really it. While I can afford a $140-$150k vehicle, I would never feel comfortable going above that, as it would start to impede on number 1 above.
2020 Porsche Cayenne E Hybrid (sold)
2018 X3 M40i (sold)
Appreciate 1
themama72.50
      10-27-2022, 02:19 PM   #68
phellar
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff J View Post
What do you think is missing? Aside from Alpina Green paint and the Alpina black walnut trim, it’s all there. The pre-LCI had the 23s and led sunroof as options, but those are included now. USA has never gotten the full Lavalina interior options; beyond that I’m not sure what’s so obviously missing. This time we at least get a choice of bright or shadowline exterior trim.
I was expecting them to keep the RSE for Alpina
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2022, 06:07 PM   #69
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Alpina is Alpina. You either get it, or you don't. Not much of a debate there. I'm not an Alpina owner, but I certainly get it (and checked out a stunning B8 when shopping immediately available cars a few months ago against my F90). Remarkable automobile. Of course there is a significant difference over a fully loaded M60i that's been mentioned here.

But HK as the standard audio? That's ridiculous on an Alpina.
      10-27-2022, 06:17 PM   #70
JJacksonIII
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X7 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
Alpina is Alpina. You either get it, or you don't. Not much of a debate there. I'm not an Alpina owner, but I certainly get it (and checked out a stunning B8 when shopping immediately available cars a few months ago against my F90) Remarkable automobile. Of course there is a significant difference over a fully loaded M60i that's been mentioned here.

I was surprised at that myself. Makes no sense.
Appreciate 1
      10-27-2022, 07:09 PM   #71
Tr4ckD4ys
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 X7 M50i / TBii / Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJacksonIII View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
Alpina is Alpina. You either get it, or you don't. Not much of a debate there. I'm not an Alpina owner, but I certainly get it (and checked out a stunning B8 when shopping immediately available cars a few months ago against my F90) Remarkable automobile. Of course there is a significant difference over a fully loaded M60i that's been mentioned here.

I was surprised at that myself. Makes no sense.
That's BMW telling Alpina owners "We want you to feel special. But we also want to maximize our profit from you highly affluents."
      10-28-2022, 09:32 AM   #72
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

Quote:
That's BMW telling Alpina owners "We want you to feel special. But we also want to maximize our profit from you highly affluents."
Which premium manufacturers offer as standard the top sound system?
I might learn some new things here
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2022, 10:01 AM   #73
Tr4ckD4ys
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 X7 M50i / TBii / Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladberca View Post
Quote:
I was only talking about BMW. I'm sure other manufacturers also maximize profits.
      10-29-2022, 12:48 AM   #74
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladberca View Post
Quote:
You're right a lot don't, but what they include as the "standard" audio is miles ahead of the HK.

Fair point you've made, but other manufacturers don't market their cars as "bespoke" like an Alpina is.

The L405 Range Rover Supercharged offered the premium Meridian sound system as standard on the Autobiography trim, which is the trim most comparable to the XB7 in that it also had many bespoke options (though I still don't think to the level of the Alpina). It was absolutely fantastic for a factory audio system. Even the standard Meridian system in other RRs was nearly as good as BW offerings in BMWs.
      10-29-2022, 02:23 PM   #75
cncmastr
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3 Cecotto, F85, G05, G07,

Garage List
2018 X5 M  [10.00]
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2005 BMW X5 4.8is  [10.00]
2006 BMW M3  [10.00]
Hmm. No spare tire?
      02-18-2023, 05:11 AM   #76
GilbertLangriazs
Banned
Rep
Drives: Acura

What are unique BMW leather combinations?

I am currently ordering a B4 GranCoupe and learned that there are many leather color combinations available in their handmade highest lavalina package. I am seeking inspiration and examples of unique Alpina interiors. However, most of the pictures I find are basic BMW interiors. Can anyone suggest or provide images of crazy Alpina interiors or share their own? I am considering a combination of Nardo Grey paint and bright blue leather with plenty of anthracite Alcantara and blue or yellow stitching.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2023, 01:43 PM   #77
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilbertLangriazs View Post
I am currently ordering a B4 GranCoupe and learned that there are many leather color combinations available in their handmade highest lavalina package. I am seeking inspiration and examples of unique Alpina interiors. However, most of the pictures I find are basic BMW interiors. Can anyone suggest or provide images of crazy Alpina interiors or share their own? I am considering a combination of Nardo Grey paint and bright blue leather with plenty of anthracite Alcantara and blue or yellow stitching.
There is a forum German member with an XB7 and a Lavalina Interior..
Unfortunately not so many have enough knowledge about the brand and the vast majority of the configurations are some basic boring ones, not even including full Merino Leather.. 🤨
Appreciate 0