forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum welcom lights randomly come on

03-07-2023, 05:20 PM   #1
breese
Rep
Drives: 2020 x7 40i

welcom lights randomly come on

So half of my garage is my office and the other half is where the x7 (g07) is parked. The key is far enough away for the doors to auto lock, but I will be working and randomly the welcom lights (headlights, door and floor projected light and the tail lights) come on for about 10 seconds. I also get the sounds of (what can be discribed as) “actuators” coming on.

5 day work week, happens maybe 4 times a week.

Why is this happening? Doesn’t bother me but just find it odd. I am not in the my bmw app nor is anybody else.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2023, 05:58 PM   #2
JJacksonIII
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X7 M60i

Did you make your phone a digital key? Maybe it's getting too close to the car?
Or maybe you have a 2nd key in the house that is moving around (via a wife's purse?)?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2023, 04:23 PM   #3
breese
Rep
Drives: 2020 x7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJacksonIII View Post
Did you make your phone a digital key? Maybe it's getting too close to the car?
Or maybe you have a 2nd key in the house that is moving around (via a wife's purse?)?

No digital key and second key is in the house on a hook. Maybe it’s just getting a random hit on the second key since the grage is under that area of the house?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2023, 04:33 PM   #4
JJacksonIII
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X7 M60i

Could be. One thing I did is turn off the feature that unlocks the doors on approach. Every time i went in the garage my car would come alive and start playing music.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2023, 08:27 PM   #5
Tehnoid
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X7 m60i, X6Mc

I’ve noticed the keys work much further than previous bmws. My wife complains all the time as she has a purse hook inside the door coming in, leaves her keys in her purse and the car will randomly lock/unlock all day. Her x5s never did that. She now keeps her purse in the bedroom.

I deleted the phone key because I could be in our bedroom, about 80-90 feet away through multiple walls and it would still randomly unlock through comfort access.

I’ve never really asked the genius anything, I like to find stuff on my own but after less than a week I sent an email asking if there was a way to lower the range. No response.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2023, 08:29 PM   #6
Tehnoid
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X7 m60i, X6Mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJacksonIII View Post
Could be. One thing I did is turn off the feature that unlocks the doors on approach. Every time i went in the garage my car would come alive and start playing music.
Problem is I do genuinely like comfort access, coming up and having it be automatic. Same with my wife who leaves her keys in her purse all the time and just walks up and away.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2023, 01:15 AM   #7
Gulu100
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i,17 f12 vert

Just turn off the approaching vehicle on switch.. mine turned on every time I went to the garage for the second fridge.

Noticed something odd tonight… if I turned on intermittent on the rear wiper the 2nd and third row lights would come on…anyone ever see that? This was at night…
Appreciate 0