BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Help me decide on an X7!

03-05-2024, 10:14 AM   #23
keg97
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 & X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingforx7 View Post
Thanks for this - only issue is I have a trade - my Cayenne V8 - only worth about 8K and checkin engine light is on so not an easy private party sale. Not insurmountable but would be nice to be able to trade it as a part of this deal.

This one below is in Kansas and looks like it checks all the boxes - DAP, DHP, factory hitch - but is getting up there in mileage 32K. At what mileage level do you start to worry a bit more?

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...icle/701866930
A few more miles may be insignificant if it has new tires and a set of brakes have been put on it. Both of those are pricey maintenance costs. Instead of a hard limit on miles, I'd focus on if those two maintenance items have been recently addressed.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2024, 10:54 AM   #24
chicagox7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Q7, 07 RDX, 23 X7 40i-soon

Quote:
Thanks for this - only issue is I have a trade - my Cayenne V8 - only worth about 8K and checkin engine light is on so not an easy private party sale. Not insurmountable but would be nice to be able to trade it as a part of this deal.

This one below is in Kansas and looks like it checks all the boxes - DAP, DHP, factory hitch - but is getting up there in mileage 32K. At what mileage level do you start to worry a bit more?

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...icle/701866930
There may be a few options for the trade- Carvana and CarMax both buy cars outright- as do many dealers. It may not bring back as much as a trading it in for the X7, though you can always try to negotiate more on the price of the X7 instead of trying to get more for the trade. Given you’re thinking you’ll only get about $8k anyway, this route may be the easiest to help secure the car with the options that you want/need.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2024, 11:26 AM   #25
Zer00
Private
Rep
Drives: X7 40i

Garage List
2023 BMW X7  [0.00]
I went thru a similar process and I eventually decided to go with a new LCI 40i. You should be able to get a decently optioned new car for about 86k. Between any discount you are able to negotiate, a better APR and 3 years of maintenance included, the cost of purchase will not be far off. For me it was worth the tradeoff giving up v8, DHP etc for a brand new car with 4 year warranty. With the power bump of the LCI 40i, I think the V8 is a nice to have and not a must (unless you tow a lot may be)
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2024, 11:54 AM   #26
omnid00d
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i

Quote:
Thanks all this is very helpful - I think I have narrowed it down to the m50i below:

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...icle/703289608

a few more questions

1) Carbon Black is an interesting color - would prefer all black CB appears to be a bit blue, but curious how people with this color choice have liked it

2) Captains chair vs bench - we have 2 kids in car seats and probably would perfer bench seating but would be interested to hear perspectives on this.

3) I know some 2022 builds were de-optioned due to the semi shortage - does that seem to be the case here?

4) Is it a mistake to not get the driving assistance pro package?

Attachment 3403051
1 - I have carbon black, looks great after it's washed and it changes color in the sun to a very dark blue which I get compliments for. At night, it pitch black but when it passes under a light source, you get that black/blue look going which I havent' seen before.

2 - Yes, long threads on this one. I got Captains and completely regret it because it kills the utility aspect of my M50i. If you have 2 car seats, there's enough space to squeeze a 3rd person without resorting to 3rd row and eating into cargo space (which isn't much to begin with). Again, very debatable and very personal.

3 - can't comment here

4 - DAP is a life saver for me. Ppl talk about long highway drives but completely hands-free during traffic is a life saver for me, major quality of life improvement for my 2-3hr roundtrip daily commute.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2024, 01:04 PM   #27
lookingforx7
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: na

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer00 View Post
I went thru a similar process and I eventually decided to go with a new LCI 40i. You should be able to get a decently optioned new car for about 86k. Between any discount you are able to negotiate, a better APR and 3 years of maintenance included, the cost of purchase will not be far off. For me it was worth the tradeoff giving up v8, DHP etc for a brand new car with 4 year warranty. With the power bump of the LCI 40i, I think the V8 is a nice to have and not a must (unless you tow a lot may be)
Yeah fair points. Not crazy about the electric hybrid engine tho and I have almost exclusively drive v8s. But good point I will take a second look at the new.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2024, 01:30 PM   #28
chicagox7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah fair points. Not crazy about the electric hybrid engine tho and I have almost exclusively drive v8s. But good point I will take a second look at the new.
If you look new- consider if a broker can get you a better deal than your dealer. I regret not looking into a broker when I bought mine- expects I did picked up at the performance center- so didn’t matter where I bought from.

‘25s will start rolling off the line next month- another point to consider. May be able to get someone’s last 24 allocation for real cheap.
Appreciate 1
      03-05-2024, 02:08 PM   #29
lookingforx7
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagox7 View Post
If you look new- consider if a broker can get you a better deal than your dealer. I regret not looking into a broker when I bought mine- expects I did picked up at the performance center- so didn’t matter where I bought from.

‘25s will start rolling off the line next month- another point to consider. May be able to get someone’s last 24 allocation for real cheap.
Good point - haven’t used a broker before - who do you recommend? Looking for the following and seeing price points of 98-112k for new 2024 LCI 40i

Black/Black
DAP
Premium package
Parking assistant
Hitch
Captains chairs
Leather dash
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2024, 02:22 PM   #30
chicagox7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Good point - haven’t used a broker before - who do you recommend? Looking for the following and seeing price points of 98-112k for new 2024 LCI 40i

Black/Black
DAP
Premium package
Parking assistant
Hitch
Captains chairs
Leather dash
I never used one and didn’t do research. I’ve seen a few threads- https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=30028292

Next Level is one I’ve seen a bunch on here and think they often post as well. Am sure you can find others either via google or searching brokers on the forum. As one person noted- if you can get the same deal from a dealer, no sense in paying the broker fee. If your local dealer has a March M60 allocation for you to customize- they may be open to serious bargaining (especially if you counter that you are also searching with a broker).

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=26962592
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2024, 03:29 PM   #31
lookingforx7
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I never used one and didn’t do research. I’ve seen a few threads- https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=30028292

Next Level is one I’ve seen a bunch on here and think they often post as well. Am sure you can find others either via google or searching brokers on the forum. As one person noted- if you can get the same deal from a dealer, no sense in paying the broker fee. If your local dealer has a March M60 allocation for you to customize- they may be open to serious bargaining (especially if you counter that you are also searching with a broker).

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=26962592

Thank you.

Just test drove the 2022 m50i- WOW!

The v8 has an insane amount of power. DHP I couldn’t really notice vs the base but I am used to driving the Porsche.

I think the v8 maybe is overkill.

How did you decide to go with the v6 vs the v8?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2024, 04:19 PM   #32
chicagox7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thank you.

Just test drove the 2022 m50i- WOW!

The v8 has an insane amount of power. DHP I couldn’t really notice vs the base but I am used to driving the Porsche.

I think the v8 maybe is overkill.

How did you decide to go with the v6 vs the v8?
The M60 is a beast and a ton of fun… probably too much fun for me. The I6 is fantastic and really moves the car well.

We drove the 40i a few times and felt it was pretty powerful. We drove the M60i once and I get very worried that I’d get in a lot of trouble in that! We then thought about the fuel economy (the main reason for it is to do long road trips). While not truly material- the extra range coupled with the materially reduced likelihood of my getting a ticket has us leaning us towards the 40i (note we’ve put that to the test a few times cruising almost 5 hours straight through while the kids slept to get in the miles- no hard evidence if it could or couldn’t happen in the M60, though was fine with gas in the 40i). Additional research found rave reviews for the I6 engine (dubbed as one of their best)- and given we want to try and get 100K+ miles, that was another plus. Another factor, we live in the city. So could only ever enjoy it on road trips- and not as fun enjoying it with the whole family in the car (and I’d likely get frustrated in the city not being able to enjoy it). All that, combined with the cost savings, pushed us into the 40i. That said, the 2023’s could not add DHP and that made it a closer/harder decision than it would have if DHP was available on the 40i (may have done much less research/thinking about it).

Long answer- tons of pro’s/cons and research. Bottom line is t was the right decision for us for what we wanted.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2024, 05:46 PM   #33
lookingforx7
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
The M60 is a beast and a ton of funÂ… probably too much fun for me. The I6 is fantastic and really moves the car well.

We drove the 40i a few times and felt it was pretty powerful. We drove the M60i once and I get very worried that IÂ’d get in a lot of trouble in that! We then thought about the fuel economy (the main reason for it is to do long road trips). While not truly material- the extra range coupled with the materially reduced likelihood of my getting a ticket has us leaning us towards the 40i (note weÂ’ve put that to the test a few times cruising almost 5 hours straight through while the kids slept to get in the miles- no hard evidence if it could or couldnÂ’t happen in the M60, though was fine with gas in the 40i). Additional research found rave reviews for the I6 engine (dubbed as one of their best)- and given we want to try and get 100K+ miles, that was another plus. Another factor, we live in the city. So could only ever enjoy it on road trips- and not as fun enjoying it with the whole family in the car (and IÂ’d likely get frustrated in the city not being able to enjoy it). All that, combined with the cost savings, pushed us into the 40i. That said, the 2023Â’s could not add DHP and that made it a closer/harder decision than it would have if DHP was available on the 40i (may have done much less research/thinking about it).

Long answer- tons of proÂ’s/cons and research. Bottom line is t was the right decision for us for what we wanted.

Cool - helpful perspective. We are leaning towards a newer 40i given your feedback and our experience driving the older 50i. We also have 2 small kids.

Did you have any concerns over the LCI any electric engine proving problematic for the early generation?

Any thought on this vehicles below? Most of the brand new ones still seeing in the $100K range with the options I need (DAP, Park assistant, Hitch)

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...icle/706761401

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...icle/707499524
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2024, 05:47 PM   #34
Zer00
Private
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW X7  [0.00]
Quote:

Black/Black
DAP
Premium package
Parking assistant
Hitch
Captains chairs
Leather dash
That looks like about 98k in the online configurator (if you are including merino leather). I guess prices have gone up! I'd still think this is not far off the price of a used M50i given better discounts, APR you will be able to negotiate with a new car as well 3 years of maintenance and Tires, Brakes, Battery that will last you 3 years longer.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2024, 06:02 PM   #35
Zer00
Private
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW X7  [0.00]
Quote:
Cool - helpful perspective. We are leaning towards a newer 40i given your feedback and our experience driving the older 50i. We also have 2 small kids.

Did you have any concerns over the LCI any electric engine proving problematic for the early generation?

Any thought on this vehicles below? Most of the brand new ones still seeing in the $100K range with the options I need (DAP, Park assistant, Hitch)

Dont mind me getting excited over lookin up new cars. If you are willing to expand your search and open to bench seats this one seems to have everything else you need for 90k --> https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/7...-a19bf4292c3a/

7% discount can get you down to 83.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2024, 06:27 PM   #36
chicagox7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Both look pretty good. The one at the Buick dealership has DHP on it- a big plus if you’ll be driving it in tight spots (like a city). So while it’s 5k cheaper for 20k more miles- that is a 3.5k option. (Still get them lower; just saying when comparing the prices and thinking it should be cheaper given the mileage difference). The other looks great for the price. Can’t tell if it has leather though. Just as bench/cpatians- there are many opinions on leather or sensafin. I thought the merino leather was more comfortable for longer drives. Another personal opinion. We also avoided the massaging seats. We couldn’t sit in them, so weren’t sure if they’d be as comfortable as the regular. Many swear by them; many say their not as comfortable. Again- people on both sides of the argument. Personal preference.

If I had to choose between he two, I’d likley lean towards the one from the Buick dealership- though would want to get their story about why it was traded in (and to a Buick dealer no less…. Nothing against Buick; well maybe a little something- feels like a bit of a step down). Also request a full set of service records on it and check the carfax. If you get one from a BMW dealer- see if they’ll do the brake assist recall work on the car before delivering.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2024, 07:52 PM   #37
lookingforx7
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Both look pretty good. The one at the Buick dealership has DHP on it- a big plus if you’ll be driving it in tight spots (like a city). So while it’s 5k cheaper for 20k more miles- that is a 3.5k option. (Still get them lower; just saying when comparing the prices and thinking it should be cheaper given the mileage difference). The other looks great for the price. Can’t tell if it has leather though. Just as bench/cpatians- there are many opinions on leather or sensafin. I thought the merino leather was more comfortable for longer drives. Another personal opinion. We also avoided the massaging seats. We couldn’t sit in them, so weren’t sure if they’d be as comfortable as the regular. Many swear by them; many say their not as comfortable. Again- people on both sides of the argument. Personal preference.

If I had to choose between he two, I’d likley lean towards the one from the Buick dealership- though would want to get their story about why it was traded in (and to a Buick dealer no less…. Nothing against Buick; well maybe a little something- feels like a bit of a step down). Also request a full set of service records on it and check the carfax. If you get one from a BMW dealer- see if they’ll do the brake assist recall work on the car before delivering.

okay here are the two spec sheets attached. The one from Eugene says "stop sale"?

Also I don't see DHP on the spec sheet from Buick dealer one so maybe that ones a typo or am I missing something? Also doesn't show Driving assistance pro option?It has "5AS Active driving assistant" - is this they same as the "ZDY Active Driving Assistance Professional" option package? I dont' think that is the case from a quick search of the forum...

After reading seems Sensafin more durable which maybe be better with our kids.

btw...Can I buy you a beer - lol - this is immensely helpful!!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf AiP-Sticker-5UX23EM01P9S05256.pdf (6.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: pdf Vehicle Inquiry_ Design_MSRP (Print Preview) 3.pdf (270.8 KB, 11 views)
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2024, 09:07 PM   #38
chicagox7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
okay here are the two spec sheets attached. The one from Eugene says "stop sale"?

Also I don't see DHP on the spec sheet from Buick dealer one so maybe that ones a typo or am I missing something? Also doesn't show Driving assistance pro option?It has "5AS Active driving assistant" - is this they same as the "ZDY Active Driving Assistance Professional" option package? I dont' think that is the case from a quick search of the forum...

After reading seems Sensafin more durable which maybe be better with our kids.

btw...Can I buy you a beer - lol - this is immensely helpful!!
Very strange. The ad from the Buick dealer actually lists a ton of things that the spec sheet does not- including Dynamic Handling Package (DHP)(from about half way in their write up: OPTION PACKAGESDYNAMIC HANDLING PACKAGE: Integral Active Steering (DISC). The one from the Buick dealer also does not have the drive assist package- so no traffic jam assist or hands free up to 40 or active assist over 40 while cruising. I wouldn’t get that one. You are correct on the packages. I think ZDY is for 24’s and forward. 23s will not get the hands free after 40. I looked at the carfax and it seemed like they didn’t get it serviced at a BMW dealer, which seemed strange. That would bug me for a bit and likely sway me away from the car (this is why looking at carfax and getting spec sheets are impt- based my initial thinking on their misleading write up on the car… another reason to steer clear of that car and dealer)

The one in Eugene has 22 inch wheels. I stayed away from those as I’m all about simplicity. The 22s tend to be more involved with needing special winter or all seasons and only certain tires fit (tons of threads on 22 inch tires). I opted for the simplicity of the 21s that are all season (no need to deal with winter tires). If there are no plans (or climate need) for all seasons or cold weather driving- not an issue (and you can get better looking wheels). The stop sale may be due to the open recall for the brake boosters. There is also a fix out for an issue with remote parking- though thought that was a ‘24 specific issue. The dealer would tell you what the issue is. Also, the dealer should be able to pull up the records and share the service history (assuming it was serviced at a BMW dealer!). Of the two- this would get my vote after seeing the specific spec sheets and if these were the only ones to choose from. Given 25s will roll off the assembly line in 3 weeks, you may be able to pressure on price.

Sensafin vs leather- I get the dilemma. My wife wanted the leather. I agreed it was nicer. I also know the perils of little ones. We only allow ‘approved’ water bottles in the back with them and ‘approved’ snacks (no sticky or gooey stuff; just ‘crumbs’). Also, meals are eaten in the restaurants- no grab and go. We also bought seatback protectors for the back of our seats (protect from kicking the backs; moderately successful with those). All this to try and keep the seats cleaner for longer (one year in and so far so good).
Appreciate 1
Tinbad147.00
      03-05-2024, 10:33 PM   #39
lookingforx7
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Very strange. The ad from the Buick dealer actually lists a ton of things that the spec sheet does not- including Dynamic Handling Package (DHP)(from about half way in their write up: OPTION PACKAGESDYNAMIC HANDLING PACKAGE: Integral Active Steering (DISC). The one from the Buick dealer also does not have the drive assist package- so no traffic jam assist or hands free up to 40 or active assist over 40 while cruising. I wouldn’t get that one. You are correct on the packages. I think ZDY is for 24’s and forward. 23s will not get the hands free after 40. I looked at the carfax and it seemed like they didn’t get it serviced at a BMW dealer, which seemed strange. That would bug me for a bit and likely sway me away from the car (this is why looking at carfax and getting spec sheets are impt- based my initial thinking on their misleading write up on the car… another reason to steer clear of that car and dealer)

The one in Eugene has 22 inch wheels. I stayed away from those as I’m all about simplicity. The 22s tend to be more involved with needing special winter or all seasons and only certain tires fit (tons of threads on 22 inch tires). I opted for the simplicity of the 21s that are all season (no need to deal with winter tires). If there are no plans (or climate need) for all seasons or cold weather driving- not an issue (and you can get better looking wheels). The stop sale may be due to the open recall for the brake boosters. There is also a fix out for an issue with remote parking- though thought that was a ‘24 specific issue. The dealer would tell you what the issue is. Also, the dealer should be able to pull up the records and share the service history (assuming it was serviced at a BMW dealer!). Of the two- this would get my vote after seeing the specific spec sheets and if these were the only ones to choose from. Given 25s will roll off the assembly line in 3 weeks, you may be able to pressure on price.

Sensafin vs leather- I get the dilemma. My wife wanted the leather. I agreed it was nicer. I also know the perils of little ones. We only allow ‘approved’ water bottles in the back with them and ‘approved’ snacks (no sticky or gooey stuff; just ‘crumbs’). Also, meals are eaten in the restaurants- no grab and go. We also bought seatback protectors for the back of our seats (protect from kicking the backs; moderately successful with those). All this to try and keep the seats cleaner for longer (one year in and so far so good).
Thanks!

Tires - didn't even think about needing winter tires. Doesn't snow where we live but we do drive up the mountain to the snow often. Would likely take my truck, so may not be a deal killer for the larger size rims. here Mostly a commute vehicle plus fair weather highway driving. Good points though.

Driving Assistant - Still confused as to what exactly the Eugene x7 has with this feature.

Looking at the spec sheet for the 2023 x7 from Eugene it only has "5AU Active Driving Assistant" vs the 2024's which show 5AU, 5AX, ZNY, ZN8, ZN9 - see below - was there some big improvement in ZDY option from 2023 to 2024? Or is this just a gimmick to push people to buy the latest model year?

2024 x7
ZDY Driving Assistance Pro Pkg 2,100.00
5AU Active Driving Assistant Pro N/C
5AX Highway Assistant N/C
ZN7 Act Cruise Contrl w/Stop & Go N/C
ZN8 Act Lane Asst w/Side Col Avoid N/C
ZN9 Traffic Jam Assistant N/C
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2024, 10:35 PM   #40
tinfoiltuna
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 M60i

Have to make this one quick but I’ve owned both a 2023 40i and now an M60i.

- 40i feels more responsive around town; I.E. stoping at a stop sign and trying to get on it again is pretty instantaneous. Not so on the M60i on comfort.

- M60i acceleration is, especially in launch control, completely stupid for a vehicle this size. And I love every bit of it.

- I had Sensafin in the 40i and found those seats miles - no exaggeration - more comfortable than these Merino seats with the massage/vent

- DAP is a game changer in traffic. Would never buy a car without it again.

- I can’t tell a large difference between no DHP and DHP. Less body roll in sport for sure. But other than that, expected something more drastic given what I read here on forums.

- B&W is good, but the lights are great. An expensive aftermarket stereo with active DSP sounds significantly better to me. So I’m slightly disappointed.

I would buy an M60i again, no question - it’s over the top, excessive, stupid and perfect for my wife and I That’s emotion. But the 40i was probably the better car - more responsive day to day, more comfortable seats, better gas mileage.

Last edited by tinfoiltuna; 03-05-2024 at 10:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2024, 11:00 PM   #41
lookingforx7
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinfoiltuna View Post
Have to make this one quick but I’ve owned both a 2023 40i and now an M60i.

- 40i feels more responsive around town; I.E. stoping at a stop sign and trying to get on it again is pretty instantaneous. Not so on the M60i on comfort.

- M60i acceleration is, especially in launch control, completely stupid for a vehicle this size. And I love every bit of it.

- I had Sensafin in the 40i and found those seats miles - no exaggeration - more comfortable than these Merino seats with the massage/vent

- DAP is a game changer in traffic. Would never buy a car without it again.

- I can’t tell a large difference between no DHP and DHP. Less body roll in sport for sure. But other than that, expected something more drastic given what I read here on forums.

- B&W is good, but the lights are great. An expensive aftermarket stereo with active DSP sounds significantly better to me. So I’m slightly disappointed.

I would buy an M60i again, no question - it’s over the top, excessive, stupid and perfect for my wife and I That’s emotion. But the 40i was probably the better car - more responsive day to day, more comfortable seats, better gas mileage.

Awesome. appreciate this. agree on DHP too. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2024, 11:03 PM   #42
chicagox7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks!

Tires - didn't even think about needing winter tires. Doesn't snow where we live but we do drive up the mountain to the snow often. Would likely take my truck, so may not be a deal killer for the larger size rims. here Mostly a commute vehicle plus fair weather highway driving. Good points though.

Driving Assistant - Still confused as to what exactly the Eugene x7 has with this feature.

Looking at the spec sheet for the 2023 x7 from Eugene it only has "5AU Active Driving Assistant" vs the 2024's which show 5AU, 5AX, ZNY, ZN8, ZN9 - see below - was there some big improvement in ZDY option from 2023 to 2024? Or is this just a gimmick to push people to buy the latest model year?

2024 x7
ZDY Driving Assistance Pro Pkg 2,100.00
5AU Active Driving Assistant Pro N/C
5AX Highway Assistant N/C
ZN7 Act Cruise Contrl w/Stop & Go N/C
ZN8 Act Lane Asst w/Side Col Avoid N/C
ZN9 Traffic Jam Assistant N/C
BMW upgraded the driver assist from 23 to 24. It is supposed to be really good. There is new hardware in the 24- s the 23 cannot be upgraded for this. On the surface, the new DAP allows you to be hands free up to 85 mph. The ‘old’ DAP only allows hands free up until 40 mph. The old DAP still has lane assist, active cruise, traffic jam assist. Folks are a little put out by BMW for this. They released the 23 and quickly moved onto the 24. 23 was a huge change- though they hadn’t finalized the hardware for the hands free til 85- so the 23 has older items in it. They upgraded after a short run (Sept- April for 23 then started 24s in April). SO 24 has newer hardware.

I am fairly certain from the spec sheet the car in OR has it. Here is a link to the 2023 order guide with packages, prices adn brief deceription. https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=28959868
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2024, 08:03 AM   #43
lookingforx7
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
BMW upgraded the driver assist from 23 to 24. It is supposed to be really good. There is new hardware in the 24- s the 23 cannot be upgraded for this. On the surface, the new DAP allows you to be hands free up to 85 mph. The ‘old’ DAP only allows hands free up until 40 mph. The old DAP still has lane assist, active cruise, traffic jam assist. Folks are a little put out by BMW for this. They released the 23 and quickly moved onto the 24. 23 was a huge change- though they hadn’t finalized the hardware for the hands free til 85- so the 23 has older items in it. They upgraded after a short run (Sept- April for 23 then started 24s in April). SO 24 has newer hardware.

I am fairly certain from the spec sheet the car in OR has it. Here is a link to the 2023 order guide with packages, prices adn brief deceription. https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=28959868

Thanks - to be clear the '23 has the older hardware and doesn't have highway assist, hands free up to 85mph only to 45mph?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2024, 08:31 AM   #44
keg97
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 & X7

Quote:
Thanks - to be clear the '23 has the older hardware and doesn't have highway assist, hands free up to 85mph only to 45mph?
Correct.

Just a very humble suggestion....and this is assuming you don't need a vehicle immediately!

I'd take a few days and review this board and some of the resources here. Many of the topics you've asked about (6v8 cylinders, preLCI v LCI, Sensatec v. Leather, etc.) have been covered here many times over. Read those over and then take an afternoon/day to drive a couple of different examples of each version you're considering. Then you can decide what you need and what you'd like. THEN you can search out the right vehicle. I think you'll land a better vehicle with a lower likelihood of long term "I wish I had gotten ____".

Good luck!!!
Appreciate 0