forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Pricing help on a used m50

05-16-2024, 05:47 AM   #45
Patgilm
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GT-R, X7 M50i, M340

Not sure if this will help you on pricing but I have a 2021 M50i with every option (including DHP, tow package, etc.) except captains chairs and I got it before options started dropping off due to supply chain issues. I didn’t want to but I just bought it out of my lease because I have found anything else out there except a Cayenne and the GTS isn’t coming out until the end of summer. My buyout price was $64k with 30k miles. Maybe that will give you a baseline.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2024, 08:25 AM   #46
NGT2
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i xDrive (2020)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patgilm View Post
Not sure if this will help you on pricing but I have a 2021 M50i with every option (including DHP, tow package, etc.) except captains chairs and I got it before options started dropping off due to supply chain issues. I didn’t want to but I just bought it out of my lease because I have found anything else out there except a Cayenne and the GTS isn’t coming out until the end of summer. My buyout price was $64k with 30k miles. Maybe that will give you a baseline.
You plan on selling or trading it when the Cayenne or GTS come out later this summer?

RETIRED: 2018 540i Luxury Line (Dark Graphite/Canberra Beige)
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2024, 08:52 PM   #47
X7-63
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2022 X7 M50i, 2019 E63S AMG

Just took home a 2022 X7 M50i in Lime rock grey metallic, pretty loaded.

21,400miles $68.5K, was originally listed for 72,850.

118k original msrp.

I went in for a test drive without the intent of actually purchasing it but they accepted my offer almost immediately, so i had to
Appreciate 2
admranger3129.00
jphcbpa346.00
      05-16-2024, 10:17 PM   #48
NGT2
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by X7-63 View Post
Just took home a 2022 X7 M50i in Lime rock grey metallic, pretty loaded.

21,400miles $68.5K, was originally listed for 72,850.

118k original msrp.

I went in for a test drive without the intent of actually purchasing it but they accepted my offer almost immediately, so i had to
Damn. That’s pretty good. I’m looking right now and have a pretty good grasp on the market. I haven’t seen anything like that on a car with those miles and original MSRP.

Appreciate 0
      05-19-2024, 08:17 AM   #49
Patgilm
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGT2 View Post
You plan on selling or trading it when the Cayenne or GTS come out later this summer?
If I can get an allocation I most likely will. I contacted a broker and will see what he can do. I like my X7 and thought about another but I don’t love the front end or the new gauge cluster/interior screen and the price went up a good bit compared to what I paid for mine. MSRP on a new build like mine is $130k vs. mine which was $116k. Not enough worthy changes for me to get in a new one plus I don’t need a third row anymore.

Last edited by Patgilm; 05-19-2024 at 09:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2024, 08:30 AM   #50
NGT2
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
If I can get an allocation I most likely will. I contacted a broker and will see what he can do. I line my X7 and thought about another but I don’t love the front end or the new gauge cluster/interior screen and the price went up a good bit compared to what I paid for mine. MSRP on a new build like mine is $130k vs. mine which was $116k. Not enough worthy changes for me to get in a new one plus I don’t need a third row anymore.
Damn. I was going to say let’s talk because you sound like you have the type of M50 I’m looking for, for my wife. But I basically made a deal on one yesterday. Waiting for it to get to the dealer but it’s my wife’s dream color combo, so I bought it (or agreed to a deal) even though it’s missing DHP and second row captains.

She’s never had DHP so she won’t miss it. She’s happy with how her 40i drives, she just wants the V8. I think she will realize the bench is actually better for our life than captains chairs. Like I said, the color combo was the big thing and it checks our real “must have” boxes.

Color combo is Dravit/Tartufo with fineline brown wood trim. It has 755M wheels, which we like a lot, but I actually don’t know which finish yet. But I don’t care, I think all finishes look good on Dravit. I haven’t even seen a picture, I just trust this dealer to be sure the vehicle is right when I get it. First, they have to get it. That’s how quick I jumped when I saw it hit their site.

Appreciate 1
admranger3129.00
      05-19-2024, 09:27 AM   #51
Patgilm
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGT2 View Post
Damn. I was going to say let’s talk because you sound like you have the type of M50 I’m looking for, for my wife. But I basically made a deal on one yesterday. Waiting for it to get to the dealer but it’s my wife’s dream color combo, so I bought it (or agreed to a deal) even though it’s missing DHP and second row captains.

She’s never had DHP so she won’t miss it. She’s happy with how her 40i drives, she just wants the V8. I think she will realize the bench is actually better for our life than captains chairs. Like I said, the color combo was the big thing and it checks our real “must have” boxes.

Color combo is Dravit/Tartufo with fineline brown wood trim. It has 755M wheels, which we like a lot, but I actually don’t know which finish yet. But I don’t care, I think all finishes l good on Dravit. I haven’t even seen a picture, I just trust this dealer to be sure the vehicle is right when I get it. First, they have to get it. That’s how quick I jumped when I saw it hit their site.
She probably wouldn’t have liked my X7, it’s black, with black interior, black fineline trim and shadowline package so it’s basically all black. Whoever gets mine will get a very well taken car that looks new, has PPF put on right after I took delivery on the entire front, rockers, top part of the roof, door cups and rear bumper. I just got my 30k mile service and they said the brakes should last me to 60k.
Appreciate 1
NGT26404.50
      05-19-2024, 09:57 AM   #52
NGT2
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
She probably wouldn’t have liked my X7, it’s black, with black interior, black fineline trim and shadowline package so it’s basically all black. Whoever gets mine will get a very well taken car that looks new, has PPF put on right after I took delivery on the entire front, rockers, top part of the roof and rear bumper. I just got my 30k mile service and they said the brakes should last me to 60k.
Yeah you’re right. But someone is definitely going to get an awesome preowned car!

Appreciate 0
      05-22-2024, 09:42 PM   #53
Guest4now
Rep
Drives: 2015 GMC Yukon XL Denali

Thanks for the advice. My mag ride shocks are shot and the rough ride is getting to me. I’m not going to replace them and I want to pull the trigger on something ASAP

19/20 v8 vs m50: is it night and day difference or only a bit? Is the m package on the 19/20 just cosmetic upgrades? I’m frugal. If I save $5-10k on the purchase, will a tune and a bolt on or two make up for it? Both options should be a step up from the bus. Call me crazy, but I feel my Denali has more pep than my wife’s RX350. I did a short test drive with a m50i and feel in love with the sound. I didn’t really test with the salesmen in the car.

I’m not really concerned with factory warranty with the Escalade/Denali but was scared into wanting one reading some posts here. Too many expensive toys to break on these. I’m also seeing that these x7 have been super reliable in other posts. I’m torn about if I need to make a big deal on a CPO with the extra year.

I’m all about music but not an audiophile. Bose has been adequate in the past vehicles. B&W audio really seems to make sense and making it so hard not to jump on the 3rd option. I used to spend all my money in high school on slightly upgrading subs and amps. Spending the extra money on quality items did stop the constant upgrading. I did grow up and haven’t felt the need to upgrade car audio for quite some time.

A 4th option came up but seems super overpriced.
2021 with 22k miles CPO. White with black interior and bench seats. DAP, DHP, exec, cold weather and luxury seats. Big plus that it has B&W. Big negative is no hitch and asking $75k. I do like the storm trooper look. Clean history - oil changes and annual inspections.

I did look at pricing a 24 for a lease online. They quickly shot up to over a $100k with DAP. I’m not going down that method.

What’s the deal with DAP on pre-lci? What’s the top speed it will self drive? The main reason I want self drive is for traffic. Can I turn on self drive after I stop in traffic? Or do I need to rush to turn it on as soon as I see the brake lights ahead because it has a minimum speed to turn it on?

I know this may be sacrilegious, but has anyone taken these on the beach? I haven’t gone in the last year or two, but I would go on the drive on beach with my Denali. Air down and go slow in the trail. It’s so nice to just pull up and have the chairs/cooler/beach toys within reach instead of lugging them around. I guess I would need to make sure I don’t have run flats if I want to make this happen.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2024, 11:50 AM   #54
omnid00d
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest4now View Post
Is the m package on the 19/20 just cosmetic upgrades? I’m frugal.
AFAIK it's more/less an appearance package on 40i/50i models.

Quote:
I’m not really concerned with factory warranty with the Escalade/Denali but was scared into wanting one reading some posts here. Too many expensive toys to break on these. I’m also seeing that these x7 have been super reliable in other posts. I’m torn about if I need to make a big deal on a CPO with the extra year.
The problem is what will you do when it breaks because it's' like your wallet gets hit by a nuke. I would not own this without a warranty but everyone's risk tolerance is different.

Quote:
B&W audio really seems to make sense and making it so hard not to jump on the 3rd option.
I haven't heard/read about anyone getting the B/W and regretting it. It's kind of a pinnacle type car so if you can swing it, I think it's better to have it than not. I absolutely enjoy mind, especially when I'm stuck in traffic.

Quote:
A 4th option came up but seems super overpriced.
2021 with 22k miles CPO. White with black interior and bench seats. DAP, DHP, exec, cold weather and luxury seats. Big plus that it has B&W. Big negative is no hitch and asking $75k. I do like the storm trooper look. Clean history - oil changes and annual inspections.
Agree, sounds Expensive, Keep looking.

Quote:
What’s the deal with DAP on pre-lci? What’s the top speed it will self drive? The main reason I want self drive is for traffic. Can I turn on self drive after I stop in traffic? Or do I need to rush to turn it on as soon as I see the brake lights ahead because it has a minimum speed to turn it on?
DAP is a must-have for me for my 2-3hrs commute per day. Pre-LCI is up to 40mph hands-free but it handles full stop and start well beyond that (just get that warning chime every 10s) when it's engaged so you don't need to touch it unless you want to override it. DAP can only engage when the car is moving so once you're slightly moving, you can turn it on and set it to the speed you want and DAP handles the rest. When I'm in traffic, I just let DAP do its thing, it speeds up, slows down, stops and starts up again. The only annoyance is that it leaves a big enough gap for ppl to cut in.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2024, 10:58 PM   #55
Guest4now
Rep

Most of this options look to be sold.

A new one came up.

2019 BMW X7 xDrive50i AWD - $48,488 (FAIR_PRICE)
Mileage: 39,493
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/link/387592101

$48.5 for 2019 xdrive50i w/ 39k miles
M sport package, DAP, DHP, cold weather, luxury seating, hitch, B&W!!!! White with white/navy interior with bench. I’m digging this color combo.
It has the M package. Does that make the 456 hp closer to the 523 hp shown on the m50i?
Its pretty much everything I’m looking for except it doesn’t have the m50 badge. I do like the $20k savings.
It seems like some say the 2019/2020 have better build qualities. Should I be weary of 2019 first year model bugs.

https://g07.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1856700
Found this. It does sound like there is a difference with the engines. 0.7 difference in 0-60mph.

Decisions decisions
Appreciate 1
25X740i12.00
      06-02-2024, 07:28 AM   #56
keg97
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 & X7

Thats a nice 50i for sure. I have no clue on the pricing. I will say the 50i has a nice lil snarl to it- compared to the 40i. Is it a M50? No. But let's be honest, you're not going to be feel the 65 HP/70lb/ft torque difference in day to day driving. You will notice the 20k price difference!

Good luck and keep us posted.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2024, 01:49 PM   #57
Guest4now
Rep

I’d love for my wallet to be $20k heavier. My ears will love the B&W

Are parts going to be a pain to get? X7 isn’t super popular. M50 would be a smaller group, but multiple years. I can’t see many people stocking parts for 2 years of the xdrive50i unless they are interchangeable with 40 and m50.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2024, 07:29 PM   #58
keg97
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 & X7

Quote:
I’d love for my wallet to be $20k heavier. My ears will love the B&W

Are parts going to be a pain to get? X7 isn’t super popular. M50 would be a smaller group, but multiple years. I can’t see many people stocking parts for 2 years of the xdrive50i unless they are interchangeable with 40 and m50.
What kind of parts?

I don't anticipate parts issues at all for for our X7's.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2024, 08:14 PM   #59
Guest4now
Rep

Any parts really. Brake components. Intake or filters. Belts or any motor component. Suspension. The radio. Any switches or sensors.
Or any upgrade. Programmers. Exhaust. Intake

I have a 2015 yukon xl. It was the first year of that version (2015-20 before the new style came in 2021). Gmc decided to have a 2015.5 half year refresh. The 2015.5 has more parts that would with 2016-2020 years. I’m odd man out with certain components like the radio, center console w/ wireless charging and some other electrical components.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2024, 09:41 PM   #60
NGT2
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Any parts really. Brake components. Intake or filters. Belts or any motor component. Suspension. The radio. Any switches or sensors.
Or any upgrade. Programmers. Exhaust. Intake

I have a 2015 yukon xl. It was the first year of that version (2015-20 before the new style came in 2021). Gmc decided to have a 2015.5 half year refresh. The 2015.5 has more parts that would with 2016-2020 years. I’m odd man out with certain components like the radio, center console w/ wireless charging and some other electrical components.
That’s odd. But I don’t think that would be the case for this. Your example is a run of cars only for 6 months. That’s got to be fairly unusual.

Appreciate 0