BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Bimmercode - What have you coded for your BMW X7?

12-08-2022, 12:46 PM   #265
dedons
Rep
Drives: f40

you solved? me too same problem
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-12-2022, 12:54 AM   #266
PL
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 24 X7 40i, 20 E450, 06 Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW5and7 View Post
Part 1 of your question:
It's hard for me to recommend TLA in the use. Traffic light is a sensitive feature, and if anyone wants to try it I always recommend that at least keep their hand on the wheel and foot on the brake all the time. Personally, I found it to be very useful. The reason BMW decided to not make it available naturally for the current hardware available on the X7s pre or post LCIs is that the camera and hardware may not be ready yet to recognize the location of the traffic light versus the cutoff line where you need to stop the vehicle here in the US. In Europe, it's easier as in most cases the traffic light is where the cut-off stop line is. The system works really well for me in the US, but I would say it does miss some traffic lights in a way that it stops or cross the white line were we should legally stop. The hardware in the 7-series sedan and the refreshed upcoming X7 have a different set of camera, and with combination with software optimization, will be able to better predict where to stop. To me, it does worth it if you code it correctly.

Part 2 of your question:
#2, yes, it is for moving your vehicle to the edge of your lane to make room for the emergency vehicle lane like they do on the Autobahn, basically automatically.

Part 3 of your question:
It is the for the high-way exist assist. When using BMW navigation, in some highways, vehicle will assist you to be where you need to be to take the highway exist based on your destination.
The coding needed for this is below
<group id="3000">
<function start="183" end="183" comment="C_QmaN_Vorhanden - nr001_vorhanden" mask="11111111b">00</function>
<function start="184" end="187" comment="C_SLA_QmaN_Land_aktiv - FFFFFFFF" mask="11111111b">FA, C3, 81, F8</function>

For the last part, #5 allows you to let the vehicle decide on the optimum safe distance between you and the vehicle based on driving conditions and speed, and it also reduces it's speed when you are on speed control as you approach a circle or hard turn. You may find this already in your system for some vehicles. If you don't have it and want to code it, let me know.
Hi there, do you know if 2023 X7s bought now will be capable of the April software upgrade for the highway assist, etc., or the entire hardware will be upgraded in 4 months?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2022, 02:20 PM   #267
rjabend
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Garage List
2024 X7  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PL View Post
Hi there, do you know if 2023 X7s bought now will be capable of the April software upgrade for the highway assist, etc., or the entire hardware will be upgraded in 4 months?
According to BMW5and7, the answer is no. There is apparently more than a simple software update coming in April. I'll let him confirm that though.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2022, 03:22 PM   #268
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X7;X5;S-Class;Navigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjabend View Post
According to BMW5and7, the answer is no. There is apparently more than a simple software update coming in April. I'll let him confirm that though.
That's true. If you are referring to the same feature on the current 7-series sedan, you will notice that the service pack as well as the drive assist hardware that supports that full hands-free drive assist does not yet exist on the X7 LCI (which has a carry-over drive assist modules from pre-LCI). Leaks from BMW confirms that April or so will be the data that the iX will get that feature via a software update. Looking at the part numbers and modules, the iX is the only BMW vehicle produced today that has same modules for that purpose shared with 7-series sedan that has that feature. From that, one can easily conclude that a hardware upgrade is what the X7 needs to get to gave that feature. X5 and X6 users are lucky enough that the LCI X5/X6 will already be revealed around that date, hence should get the new hardware from day-1 unlike the X7.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2022, 03:39 PM   #269
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedons View Post
you solved? me too same problem
No solution that I know of.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 03:23 PM   #270
Manboy
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2020 M135i Misano Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerdoc2020 View Post
No solution that I know of.
I got a SW update in November at the dealership, I've had the exact same issue as you guys, even though my car is an F40 M135i, when coding M cluster It says "3.0CSL" and trying to code the M logo or any logo really via LOGO_SCHRIFTZUG (expert mode) it just makes the "3.0csl"logo disappear.

Would be great if someone could find out where to find this "3.0CSL"logo in bimmercode, I'm sure it's part of a list of logos somewhere.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 08:00 PM   #271
thenew3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7, 2016 X3, 2021 MME

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerdoc2020 View Post
Just got my car back from service so started to code stuff back….but when coding the M instrument display, it shows 3.0 CSL on the top. Only the M was there before. This happening for others?
My car installed the 07/2022.58 update today via OTA. I tried to code the M dash back and got the same 3.0 CSL.
Decided to use the Alpina display for now until they fix it.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2022, 11:58 PM   #272
Gulu100
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i,17 f12 vert

Any way to play movies on the 23lci?

Is there a list of codings for the lci also?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2022, 12:36 AM   #273
thenew3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7, 2016 X3, 2021 MME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulu100 View Post
Any way to play movies on the 23lci?

Is there a list of codings for the lci also?

Thanks
Bimmercode doesn't yet support the 23 LCI model with idrive 8
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2022, 08:45 AM   #274
Riddleric
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenew3 View Post
Bimmercode doesn't yet support the 23 LCI model with idrive 8
Where can I see which Idrive version I have?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2022, 12:03 PM   #275
serpentine
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3M

Anyone know if there’s a way to code a true off option for headlights? Sometimes I just want to park with car running and turn all of my lights off.

Currently the daytime running lights stay lit. Aha, maybe that’s an option in iDrive. I’ll check that.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2022, 03:47 PM   #276
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddleric View Post
Where can I see which Idrive version I have?

If you have a 2023 X7 you have iDrive 8. If you have a 2019 - 2022 model year X7 you have iDrive 7.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2023, 09:09 PM   #277
Ritu_o0o
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X7

How to add multiple trip data on instrument cluster?

I would want my instrument cluster to show:

Current trip miles and MPG
Since last refuel miles and MPG
Custom Trip (Trip A/Trip B) miles and MPG
Odometer

Is it possible?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2023, 10:28 PM   #278
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Does anyone have a resource of access to download psdzdata 4.39.20 for e-sys?
Update: I have it now.

Last edited by BMW5and7; 01-05-2023 at 11:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2023, 11:13 AM   #279
Ritu_o0o
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Can Bimmercode activate these features

• Active Roll Stabilization
  • Active Comfort Drive with Road Preview
Appreciate 1
Herofmine412.50
      01-05-2023, 11:30 AM   #280
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritu_o0o View Post
  • Active Roll Stabilization
  • Active Comfort Drive with Road Preview
Why do you want to unlock that window/selection? Those features only works with DHP, and if you have the package, they are ALWAYS on/enabled. Coding them would only let you deactivate them which I assume nobody wants to.

By the way this is why I always drive on ADAPTIVE driving mode, and I don't understand why BMW removed it in the LCI. Under ADAPTIVE driving mode, the DSC control unit also uses navigation data (not only camera), even if you are not using the maps, to analyses the route and influences the driving program (in a way that it juss the suspension, steering, throttle, etc based on whatever is optimum for the current route). I.e.: if I am get close to a sharp bend at high speed, DSC activates Sport-like driving dynamics and suspension without any action, conversely later, an automatic change in driving program from Sport to Comfort is also possible. If you are driving at constant speed or straight section, it uses more of the comfort dynamics and can adjust suspension height (and steering) to optimum settings based on speed/road, sometimes a mix if sport-eco-comfort for various components, like comfort or lower suspension setting but solid steering on straight highway) .
Appreciate 4
      01-05-2023, 02:05 PM   #281
Ritu_o0o
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Why do you want to unlock that window/selection? Those features only works with DHP, and if you have the package, they are ALWAYS on/enabled. Coding them would only let you deactivate them which I assume nobody wants to.

By the way this is why I always drive on ADAPTIVE driving mode, and I don't understand why BMW removed it in the LCI. Under ADAPTIVE driving mode, the DSC control unit also uses navigation data (not only camera), even if you are not using the maps, to analyses the route and influences the driving program (in a way that it juss the suspension, steering, throttle, etc based on whatever is optimum for the current route). I.e.: if I am get close to a sharp bend at high speed, DSC activates Sport-like driving dynamics and suspension without any action, conversely later, an automatic change in driving program from Sport to Comfort is also possible. If you are driving at constant speed or straight section, it uses more of the comfort dynamics and can adjust suspension height (and steering) to optimum settings based on speed/road, sometimes a mix if sport-eco-comfort for various components, like comfort or lower suspension setting but solid steering on straight highway) .
Got it, I thought it was software related restrictions!!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2023, 12:47 AM   #282
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Has anyone been able to code/remove the camera message in semi transparent line “Never rely solely on camera image” that appears in a single like taking part of the screen when surround view is turned on?

I searched online and wasn’t able to find a code line for it. Note: am not referring to the legal disclaimer (am referring to the semi transparent line when camera is on).
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2023, 07:33 PM   #283
gsobol
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i

I'm hoping that someone has figured these things out and how to code them:
  • turn off annoying 37F temp warning
  • turn off rear seatbelt alert - especially when unbuckled while in motion
  • gear selector in the HUD - this would be really helpful when using paddles
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2023, 11:21 AM   #284
themama
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X7, 2016 BMW 535xi

Quote:
Has anyone been able to code/remove the camera message in semi transparent line “Never rely solely on camera image” that appears in a single like taking part of the screen when surround view is turned on?

I searched online and wasn’t able to find a code line for it. Note: am not referring to the legal disclaimer (am referring to the semi transparent line when camera is on).
I saw that option on Bimmercode to turn off camera alerts. I Did not remove them though. Did you already check bimmercode?

Attaching the snippet from their documentation
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-09-2023, 05:13 PM   #285
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by themama View Post
I saw that option on Bimmercode to turn off camera alerts. I Did not remove them though. Did you already check bimmercode?

Attaching the snippet from their documentation
I don't prefer Bimmercode as sometimes it wipes away the pre-set buttons and some of the setting. I mainly use esys so I wish I can tell what the code is. Also, in Bummercode, I think this code removes the Camera Legal Disclaimer message, but not that semi-transparent text in the camera. Can you double check if you see no warnings in small text when you turn your camera after this coding? I really feel it is the legal disclaimer
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2023, 05:18 PM   #286
themama
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X7, 2016 BMW 535xi

Quote:
I don't prefer Bimmercode as sometimes it wipes away the pre-set buttons and some of the setting. I mainly use esys so I wish I can tell what the code is. Also, in Bummercode, I think this code removes the Camera Legal Disclaimer message, but not that semi-transparent text in the camera. Can you double check if you see no warnings in small text when you turn your camera after this coding? I really feel it is the legal disclaimer
There are 3 warnings that Bimmercode is going to turn off.
1. camera warning when we turn them on.
2. Night vision
3. Warning message at start up.

I think item 1 is what you are looking for. I understand you aren't interested in bimemercode. and I do not have any insight into esys yet. So sorry can't be more helpful at this point.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0