BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum 2023 BMW X7 LCI Official Reveal!

04-15-2022, 02:30 PM   #287
Smithcinema
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 x5

Honestly was waiting for the 23 to purchase a x7 I actually loved the new front , but while I was waiting I sort of fell in love with the Cadillac Escalade, the new interior of the x7 is just not luxurious to me the giant light up x7 on the dash is a no go for sure and the new screen I do not like at all yes it's bigger but looks Asian to me don't belong in a x7
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2022, 02:32 PM   #288
Smithcinema
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor///M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguino View Post
Quote:
BMWs have genuinely become the ugliest cars on the market. My opinion.
That's a harsh statement but it's hard to argue that they have not fallen behind Audi, Mercedes and Porsche when it comes to design.

The new direction with the XM, iX, G80, i7 and the new X7 LCI are clear indicators of the direction of future BMWs. And they are not good indicators.

Regarding the X7 LCI, I do not hate it as much as I'd like to hate it. I actually don't hate it at all, but I want to somehow.
I see your view, and to me the cars just aren't appealing or eye catching on the road anymore. But then, there's always a car for everyone including this monster of a vehicle.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguino View Post
Quote:
BMWs have genuinely become the ugliest cars on the market. My opinion.
That's a harsh statement but it's hard to argue that they have not fallen behind Audi, Mercedes and Porsche when it comes to design.

The new direction with the XM, iX, G80, i7 and the new X7 LCI are clear indicators of the direction of future BMWs. And they are not good indicators.

Regarding the X7 LCI, I do not hate it as much as I'd like to hate it. I actually don't hate it at all, but I want to somehow.
I see your view, and to me the cars just aren't appealing or eye catching on the road anymore. But then, there's always a car for everyone including this monster of a vehicle.
I agree I have only owned a bmw for over 30 years my 19 x7 is the last making a move to the escalade, I know nothing built like a bmw and will never find a replacement on quality but the interior I could not live with and the wheels on bmw these days belongs on a Kia
Appreciate 2
gpitts247.00
      04-15-2022, 03:48 PM   #289
Rayien
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: '09 C4S,'22 M3CX

nice looking overall package
      04-15-2022, 05:09 PM   #290
EyeBalz
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M

Garage List
Am I the only BMW X enthusiast who is horrified by the loss of all of our control buttons on the dash?! I've been told that the new X5M will have this same dash configuration, and I am not happy. If I want touch screen controls, I can buy a Range Rover or an Audi or a Mercedes. I hate this!
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2022, 05:12 PM   #291
DocWeatherington
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP

Garage List
23 Bmw M3  [10.00]
It should be good... Curious to see in the end the "m" version of this new motor
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2022, 05:25 PM   #292
UpstateCP
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 x40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by playin_harsh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTJ99 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateCP View Post
I can honestly deal with the headlights… it's the further removal of physical buttons for commonly used tasks like climate and presets that turn me off the most. No I don't want to dig into numerous touchscreen menus while driving just to turn the temp up 3 degrees or turn off my seat warmers.
Agreed. Not ready to give up on my 1-8 buttons yet but overall the new styling is so so. Don't love it but don't hate it. Hopefully there is new tech but we'll be in our currentX7 for two more years til warranty is up at this point.
I can understand the idea of pre set buttons and headlights. But your frustration with climate controls is laughable because the climate controls will be on the bottom of the screen permanently. They're always accessible! This forum needs to chill with judging practicality. You have to experience the vehicle and give it a try. BMW have always been better than any other brand in terms of infotainment and practicality. I remember people falling in love with S class because of their "big screen". Everyone is hating on the new S class and their big screen because it's overly sophisticated (loads of submenus and no trackpad or controller) and not practical in terms of visibility (sun glare and coating). Instead, we should really be talking about BMW losing their minds with designing front-end of their vehicles. I drive a 2019 X5 with lease ending in 2023 and I hope to god they better not make it worse for next year.
I don't remember people falling in love with the new S class. I remember people having the same critiques about why everything has to go touchscreen with a full on tablet size display a la Tesla. From what I've seen with iDrive 8 going all touchscreen is the same thing you mentioned, overly sophisticated menus and submenus for basic everyday tasks. I don't know why you assume this will be any more intuitive or user friendly than any other fully touch system.
Appreciate 1
      04-15-2022, 05:30 PM   #293
playin_harsh
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: soon - 2019 BMW G05

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I can honestly deal with the headlights… it's the further removal of physical buttons for commonly used tasks like climate and presets that turn me off the most. No I don't want to dig into numerous touchscreen menus while driving just to turn the temp up 3 degrees or turn off my seat warmers.
Agreed. Not ready to give up on my 1-8 buttons yet but overall the new styling is so so. Don't love it but don't hate it. Hopefully there is new tech but we'll be in our currentX7 for two more years til warranty is up at this point.
I can understand the idea of pre set buttons and headlights. But your frustration with climate controls is laughable because the climate controls will be on the bottom of the screen permanently. They're always accessible! This forum needs to chill with judging practicality. You have to experience the vehicle and give it a try. BMW have always been better than any other brand in terms of infotainment and practicality. I remember people falling in love with S class because of their "big screen". Everyone is hating on the new S class and their big screen because it's overly sophisticated (loads of submenus and no trackpad or controller) and not practical in terms of visibility (sun glare and coating). Instead, we should really be talking about BMW losing their minds with designing front-end of their vehicles. I drive a 2019 X5 with lease ending in 2023 and I hope to god they better not make it worse for next year.
I don't remember people falling in love with the new S class. I remember people having the same critiques about why everything has to go touchscreen with a full on tablet size display a la Tesla. From what I've seen with iDrive 8 going all touchscreen is the same thing you mentioned, overly sophisticated menus and submenus for basic everyday tasks. I don't know why you assume this will be any more intuitive or user friendly than any other fully touch system.
As long as BMW keeps integrating their iDrive controller to the infotainment, I think the future isn't bad. BMW has done the most with creating intuitive systems. As far as I'm concerned, it's definitely better than Mercedes and Audi systems.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2022, 08:03 PM   #294
mjr24
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp GC, X7, AMG GT53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithcinema View Post
Honestly was waiting for the 23 to purchase a x7 I actually loved the new front , but while I was waiting I sort of fell in love with the Cadillac Escalade, the new interior of the x7 is just not luxurious to me the giant light up x7 on the dash is a no go for sure and the new screen I do not like at all yes it's bigger but looks Asian to me don't belong in a x7
Um, the Escalade pretty much has the same screen setup.
2022 M8 Comp GC, 2021 AMG GT53, 2022 X5M Competition, 2021 X7 40i, 2019 M5, 2018 M550I, 2017 Audi Q7, 2014 M6 GC, 2013 Mercedes CLS550, 2011 750LI, 2008 M6 Cabrio, 2008 Porsche Cayenne S, 2004 Mercedes SL55 AMG, 2003 Mercedes SL500, 2000 Mercedes CL500, 1993 Lexus SC400, 1989 525i, 1985 318i
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2022, 08:04 PM   #295
mjr24
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp GC, X7, AMG GT53

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I don't find a lot of people at all who love the new S-Class. It doesn't look anywhere as near as good as the last few generations.
2022 M8 Comp GC, 2021 AMG GT53, 2022 X5M Competition, 2021 X7 40i, 2019 M5, 2018 M550I, 2017 Audi Q7, 2014 M6 GC, 2013 Mercedes CLS550, 2011 750LI, 2008 M6 Cabrio, 2008 Porsche Cayenne S, 2004 Mercedes SL55 AMG, 2003 Mercedes SL500, 2000 Mercedes CL500, 1993 Lexus SC400, 1989 525i, 1985 318i
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2022, 10:02 AM   #296
Tallest
Major General
Rep
Drives: 911

Garage List
2011 911  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr4ckD4ys View Post
Actually they do show them turned on. There are several pictures on the website. Below just one of them. The DRLs are some of the worst looking in BMW history - no more angel eyes, curved eyes, round eyes… none of it. Just two lines. Not distinctive in any kind of way.
Oh no, not a good look. But hey, it is a lot cheaper for them to make two lines, so that is nice...
Appreciate 1
Tr4ckD4ys393.00
      04-16-2022, 10:17 AM   #297
11001X101
Captain
Rep
Drives: 10101X101

My pure observation... not BMW specific... same reaction most of the time... Current/older version folks will always praise for their models and bash the new incoming ones. When the sale numbers prove otherwise and they will say people have no taste and/or not enthusiastic enough. And the split headlight was first out long before those Korean cars.
Appreciate 2
Game7455.50
BMWRL596.00
      04-16-2022, 11:30 AM   #298
mpop302
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw 7

Everyone is talking about the front

But does anyone else see qx80 lights in the back?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2022, 11:36 AM   #299
Delrazdan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22X540i (ArcGre), 24X760i CBM

Any idea when us ordering guide will be posted?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2022, 01:32 PM   #300
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Looks good in what I presume is Brooklyn Gray.

gpitts247.00
      04-16-2022, 02:52 PM   #301
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

It’s a shame that they put those dual headlights on the design because the updated M Sport front bumper looks really good.I’m still not a fan of the new flat screen but at least from a design perspective they decided to block the gap between the screen and the dash on the passengers side with what appears to be a front airbag.The lit up M logo and carbon fiber trim on the dash also look great.I also like how they incorporated the M logo on the side of the front fender shadowline trim on the X7 M60i.It looks very sporty along with the M mirrors.Non frozen Marina Bay Blue Metallic is definitely the color to get.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
Game7455.50
jphcbpa317.50
      04-16-2022, 03:31 PM   #302
jphcbpa
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550i & 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW19 View Post
It’s a shame that they put those dual headlights on the design because the updated M Sport front bumper looks really good.I’m still not a fan of the new flat screen but at least from a design perspective they decided to block the gap between the screen and the dash on the passengers side with what appears to be a front airbag.The lit up M logo and carbon fiber trim on the dash also look great.I also like how they incorporated the M logo on the side of the front fender shadowline trim on the X7 M60i.It looks very sporty along with the M mirrors.Non frozen Marina Bay Blue Metallic is definitely the color to get.
Will those sport seats be available in the us ?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2022, 04:33 PM   #303
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphcbpa View Post
Will those sport seats be available in the us ?
They don’t seem to be listed in the BMW Canada X7 ordering guide so they probably won’t be available in the US or Canada.They are probably only available in Europe and maybe some other markets.It actually doesn’t make sense because it’s not like BMW is selling an X7M in the US and Canada that has the M seats.They should offer them as an option.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf MY23 X7 - Retail v1.pdf (181.3 KB, 258 views)
Appreciate 1
jphcbpa317.50
      04-16-2022, 07:01 PM   #304
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Few to NO functional buttons for things like climate control and memory buttons.

I despise talking to inanimate objects. I'm also not playing the touch screen game of having to drill down through a bunch of menus on a freaking touch screen while I take my eyes off of the road to adjust the heat or change the entertainment system. This no auto industry direction is a TOTAL deal breaker for me.

Looks like I'm screwed and will have to keep the cars I have now running for the foreseeable future..

I'm not going to buy a car that forces me to talk to it or use a touch screen just to adjust the climate control system.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2022, 08:01 PM   #305
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch57 View Post
Few to NO functional buttons for things like climate control and memory buttons.

I despise talking to inanimate objects. I'm also not playing the touch screen game of having to drill down through a bunch of menus on a freaking touch screen while I take my eyes off of the road to adjust the heat or change the entertainment system. This no auto industry direction is a TOTAL deal breaker for me.

Looks like I'm screwed and will have to keep the cars I have now running for the foreseeable future..

I'm not going to buy a car that forces me to talk to it or use a touch screen just to adjust the climate control system.
I am not totally sold on it either.

But taking a step back outside my own emotional reaction, this is exactly what blackberry users were saying not too long ago….
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2022, 08:39 PM   #306
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
Quote:

But taking a step back outside my own emotional reaction, this is exactly what blackberry users were saying not too long ago….
That was 15 years ago and the change was necessary and didn't involve life or death situations when viewing.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2022, 10:15 PM   #307
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerdoc2020 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

That was 15 years ago and the change was necessary and didn't involve life or death situations when viewing.
Hmm… I think if you are taking a "life or death" angle then the bmw solution is superior as it encourages using voice control requiring no attention off the road. So if "least risk" is your priority then I would think you should be on the side of no buttons?

My thinking is that i prefer the familiar muscle memory of going to a physical button (despite the cost in attention) and do not really want the annoyance of adapting to another process.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2022, 10:21 PM   #308
Tr4ckD4ys
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 X7 M50i / TBii / Tartufo

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerdoc2020 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Hmm… I think if you are taking a "life or death" angle then the bmw solution is superior as it encourages using voice control requiring no attention off the road. So if "least risk" is your priority then I would think you should be on the side of no buttons?

My thinking is that i prefer the familiar muscle memory of going to a physical button (despite the cost in attention) and do not really want the annoyance of adapting to another process.
I find muscle memory easier to operate than voice memory in a vehicle… it's like putting sentences together requires more concentration than moving your fingers lol