BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Buying advice for a CPO

12-28-2023, 11:53 AM   #23
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X7;X5;S-Class;Navigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie007 View Post
Yea - it does look fantastic, no questions asked. How do you find it holds up over time from a look perspective? Does it clean easily, show a lot of dirt?
I got the same interior.... I'd be lying if I tell you that it does not require attention and a lot of detailing... I detail it at least once a week.... that ivory leather, absorbs oil and color from jeans really quick. You need to keep it clean so that it stays as new for years and years.... but to me, this interior is well worth it! Literally the only interior I'd consider.
Attached Images

Last edited by BMW5and7; 12-28-2023 at 09:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2023, 08:54 PM   #24
Archie007
Private
Rep
Drives: None yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW5and7 View Post
I got the same interior.... I'd be lying if I tell you that it does not require attention and a lot of detailing... I detail it at least once a week.... that ivory leather, absorbs oil and color from jeans really quick. You need to keep it clean so that it stays as new for years and years.... but to me, this interior is well worth it! Literally the only interior I'd consider.
That honestly looks so good. My cousin has a shop where he does ceramic coating etc. Have you ever done that on the leather to protect?

Also, do you mind if I get your opinion on this. I took your advice and priced out some x40i to have as a comp. I found this one with the same blue/ivory and the m sport package. I'll admit, almost all of my research has been on the M50. Is the 15-20k gap in price really all down to the engine? I looked at the buying guide and I don't really see many other options that come standard on the x40i if you include the M Sport. Am I missing something?

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/f...m_trusted=TRUE
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2023, 09:05 PM   #25
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
That honestly looks so good. My cousin has a shop where he does ceramic coating etc. Have you ever done that on the leather to protect?

Also, do you mind if I get your opinion on this. I took your advice and priced out some x40i to have as a comp. I found this one with the same blue/ivory and the m sport package. I'll admit, almost all of my research has been on the M50. Is the 15-20k gap in price really all down to the engine? I looked at the buying guide and I don't really see many other options that come standard on the x40i if you include the M Sport. Am I missing something?

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/f...m_trusted=TRUE
This vehicle is no longer available. Also the 40i vs M50i engine is more of a subjective topic. I really think you need and should drive both and determine for yourself how much do you think you like the V8 vs the I6 and weather the difference is worth it for you. You can't go wrong with either of them, but I can tell you the driving experience is different.... You need to decide on the engine yourself. Both are great in different ways. I have both engines, the V8 on the X7 and 40i on the X5.

As for ceramic coating on the interior, I myself would never do it. I'd rather maintain the leather myself vs doing ceramic on leather. I read a number of times that ceramic on real leather can sometimes cause the leather to become stiff and more brittle, which kinda makes sense based on how ceramic works, and can also prevent the leather from responding to conditioners. I would never do ceramic on leather. Works like magic for the first couple of years, but I personally believe that long-term the leather would be in much better healthy condition without ceramic and instead via traditional cleaning and conditioning.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2023, 02:18 AM   #26
calicolorado
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Comp 6-spd

Garage List
2015 BMW M5   [10.00]
1972 BMW 200/  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7 40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Loud and clear. Everything you said makes perfect sense and to be honest, it essentially fuels the little internal debate/voice. My brain knows that the V6 is more than enough. My wife has asked repeatedly, why know just go with the V6. For me though, having never driven anything with power and as the general trend is away from 8 cylinder cars, it's purely a hearts desire.

I'm acutely aware that I might come to regret that decision down the line and am almost certainly buying with it a good amount of "I told you so"s from my wife but I'm just drawn to it.

With that said though, I really do value a well maintained car/newness. Is that something you just glean by seeing it in person? Can I ask where you got the service history and what year your car was?

If nothing else, it's clear that 75k is way too much for the car I linked if you can find great looking 40is under 50k. I'm sure the original MSRP on the car i linked was and around 110(so around a20k spread assuming 2021 on yours), surely the depreciation curve would be higher for the m50 and should be only 10-15k tops
Yes, if you want V8 power, it’s there in abundance! I get it, believe me. One thing I would suggest with any BMW engine, particularly a turbo V8, is to change the oil every 5k miles regardless of what the on board service says.

Our X7 is a 2020. Crevier gave us the maintenance history through the CarFax report. Every single service was at Crevier. The spark plugs were done at 43k and we bought it at 45k which was certainly nice.
The sales advisor said the owner of our car is someone he knows and had bought an M2 there-my kind of previous owner!

As for the rest of the condition of the car, it’s subjective, but you can tell how well someone cared for their car by how clean the interior is in the hard to get areas, whether there are scratches on the door pulls, trim or steering wheel etc. if the wheels are curbed, it says something to me. One thing I learned over the years while buying all manner of BMWs is that you’re shopping for the previous owner as much as the car!
2011 Highlander 4WD
Appreciate 1
MR_M2523.50
      12-30-2023, 11:41 AM   #27
keg97
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 & X7

Any updates from the OP?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2023, 08:57 PM   #28
Archie007
Private
Rep

Ya, went in to try and strike a deal today actually. Brought 3 other comps, one of which was a similarly equipped 2022, with 10k less miles on that was listed as the same price as this dealer had the 21. Two other comps that were offered at 71.5 with fewer miles.

Not only that, I happened to check the listing while at the desk and they had lowered the price 2k on the website overnight but had only offered 1k discount at the point.

All sorts of games unfortunately but they never got lower than 73.5 with the "dealer prep fee".
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2023, 11:35 PM   #29
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Ya, went in to try and strike a deal today actually. Brought 3 other comps, one of which was a similarly equipped 2022, with 10k less miles on that was listed as the same price as this dealer had the 21. Two other comps that were offered at 71.5 with fewer miles.

Not only that, I happened to check the listing while at the desk and they had lowered the price 2k on the website overnight but had only offered 1k discount at the point.

All sorts of games unfortunately but they never got lower than 73.5 with the "dealer prep fee".
It’s all about (what they think you seem to be able to afford). I have seen many dealers refusing 2K discount offer on one of their cars cause they believe the buyer is going to pay more, and a few days later they’d reduce their asking price online by 5K. If that happened to you, you probably didn’t convince the dealer/salesman enough that you are only going to pay what you are offering…. Just give them the indication that you have done enough research, you are seeing other options, and the max and final offer you’ll make is XX USD. If they refuse, they probably just didn’t believe that this is their final offer and they think they can squeeze more from you. It’s all about their negotiation skills versus yours and where that balance lands.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2023, 07:08 AM   #30
keg97
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Bummer! I know this, I'd be more inclined to NOT buy there now. I wonder if they reach out to you today or tomorrow to knock out a sale before the EOY.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2024, 04:36 PM   #31
Archie007
Private
Rep

No one's reached out. They lowered the price again after we left but I've been watching it and they continue to do some weird stuff. Like the night we left, they actually raised the price back to 76k. Next morning, I saw it lowered to 74k. Checked again today, now it's no longer listed on Edmunds.com but they still have it on their website and the price is now 82k!

Anyone have any idea why it would be no longer available on edmunds and still listed on the website? Im thinking maybe they are trying to reset the price history or something weird like that? Or maybe it's been sold and just not updated on their site?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2024, 05:42 PM   #32
keg97
First Lieutenant
Rep

Who knows. You could always call and ask if they still have it and the current asking price. No matter, sounds like you need to move on and find a different one. Again- good luck!
Appreciate 0