BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Pricing help on a used m50

01-21-2024, 04:32 PM   #23
tkelley86
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie007 View Post
I've been talking in listing price. Most dealers I've talked to are taking on some BS 300-1k charge on top of the list price.

Appreciate you story, thank you for sharing.

Taking in the feedback, reached out to the dealership today to see the price move up to the low 70s k.

Their story was the 65k price is was originally listed by their system but they've only had the car for a few days and haven't even taken it in to set what service it would need so they set it really high just to be safe

They said they'd call me back tomorrow to discuss pricing. I think at this point, I'm willing to pay mid 60s like some suggested but will try and knock off as much as I can.

The only concern now is Id be buying this out of state (it's in FL, I'm north east). Maybe I'm being crazy, but if they know I'm out of state and they have someone already interested, are they potentially incentived to not fix certain things that may come up when they take it in for service? I'll probably do a PPI if we get close enough on price but wondering if this situation raises any red flags for anyone.
Get a Lemon Squad inspection at a minimum and make sure the dealer washes the car before the inspection so the inspector can't pull the old "car was dirty, could not inspect paint". That's happened to me.

As far as the dealer being scummy, that's always a risk you have to take, however, dealership reputations can help you understand how high of a risk this might be. Lemon Squad will also be huge but understand they aren't perfect either.

BTW I'm in Rhode Island so it sound like we're both bringing some class to New England in the coming weeks!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2024, 04:38 PM   #24
Archie007
Private
Rep
Drives: None yet

Interesting. Never heard of Lemon Squad. Looking into them now thank you! Was going to start calling local mechanics.

And keeping fingers crossed we're both replying in the daily pictures thread soon
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2024, 06:27 PM   #25
tkelley86
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Interesting. Never heard of Lemon Squad. Looking into them now thank you! Was going to start calling local mechanics.

And keeping fingers crossed we're both replying in the daily pictures thread soon
Amen!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2024, 12:38 AM   #26
Exslave
Rep
Drives: Porsche Panamera, X7 M50i

I've used Lemon Squad a few times with good results. A couple of weeks ago I passed on a Lemon Squad inspected M50 that had some possible issues so I've been happy with them. It looks like im I a similar boat as the rest in that i'm shopping nationwide looking for the best deal on the best car. My budget has been constantly moving upward. I think i'm looking CPO... that'll help ease my mind on buying a totally bad car. Now I've found that CPO with low miles and DHP are coming in mid to upper $60's B/W and DAP upper $60's low $70's. I'm also finding a trend that many dealers have cars that have existing warranty, but no CPO. that means they don't have to recondition them to BMW standards. Concerning? My search continues... Good luck...
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2024, 07:21 AM   #27
Archie007
Private
Rep

Ya, I started out with focusing on CPO as well, not really for the extra warranty, more so for the peace of mind but finding the options are way more plentiful if you expand to a dealership with good reviews. The one I just found, the dealership is willing to drive the car to a local BMW shop and have them do a PPI.

I will say, prices are dropping pretty quickly. I was negotiating with a dealership around Xmas for a CPO 21 with full leather, every package and 28k miles. They wouldn't come below 73k. I saw those exact same specs a week later listed at 76k(non CPO though). Now it's listed at 67k.

Of all the different car apps. I thought Autotrader had the best app bc of the ability to save searches and get alerts.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2024, 08:24 AM   #28
tkelley86
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exslave View Post
I've used Lemon Squad a few times with good results. A couple of weeks ago I passed on a Lemon Squad inspected M50 that had some possible issues so I've been happy with them. It looks like im I a similar boat as the rest in that i'm shopping nationwide looking for the best deal on the best car. My budget has been constantly moving upward. I think i'm looking CPO... that'll help ease my mind on buying a totally bad car. Now I've found that CPO with low miles and DHP are coming in mid to upper $60's B/W and DAP upper $60's low $70's. I'm also finding a trend that many dealers have cars that have existing warranty, but no CPO. that means they don't have to recondition them to BMW standards. Concerning? My search continues... Good luck...
Keep in mind that dealers have to pay BMW a pretty significant fee to CPO a vehicle which they basically pass onto the customer... which makes it more expensive and harder to sell... so a lot of peeps pass on all the nonsense and focus on the lowest sale price they can afford.

CPO is kinda BS anyway, except for the added 1-2 year warranty.

Also Archie is right, prices are awesome right now as there are SO many X7's nationally that just won't sell (60-90 plus days on the lot). You should be able to easily snag a B/W and DHP X7 for mid 60's no problem. Also, as I'm sure you have seen, if it has B/W and DHP, then almost always, it has all the other "must haves" (executive, luxury seating, premium leather, cold weather, etc.).
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2024, 09:31 AM   #29
zippytank49
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X7, 2018 BMW 540i

Lots of great comments on this thread about depreciation and resale value that all BMW owners must deal with at some point. The reality is that these cars/SUVs drop in value dramatically each year after factory warranty ends. It makes sense logically because most wealthy drivers purchase/lease new, so the pool of potential buyers is very limited. Who can afford to fix these technological marvels when a headlight is a $4k part? I was recently looking at 2018 X5s and was shocked at how low the prices were. An $80k new V-8 X5 was $35K!!! The way these vehicles are built, they should easily last 10-15 years.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2024, 09:42 AM   #30
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Options and miles are everything. It can separate two seemingly similar vehicles by a huge sum of money.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2024, 11:37 AM   #31
tkelley86
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
Options and miles are everything. It can separate two seemingly similar vehicles by a huge sum of money.
Miles has a significant impact on pricing, totally agreed.

Options has way less of an impact in my experience.

Very basic example below (not real world). I've seen this happen with pretty much every application that I shop for and I swap high priced luxury cars basically every 2 years (hoping that ends with the X7)...

2020 S560 with 30K miles and 150K MSRP: 70K

2020 S560 with 30K miles and 110K MSRP: 66K
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2024, 01:11 PM   #32
keg97
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 & X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippytank49 View Post
Lots of great comments on this thread about depreciation and resale value that all BMW owners must deal with at some point. The reality is that these cars/SUVs drop in value dramatically each year after factory warranty ends. It makes sense logically because most wealthy drivers purchase/lease new, so the pool of potential buyers is very limited. Who can afford to fix these technological marvels when a headlight is a $4k part? I was recently looking at 2018 X5s and was shocked at how low the prices were. An $80k new V-8 X5 was $35K!!! The way these vehicles are built, they should easily last 10-15 years.
The warranty thing is huge!!! Once it falls out of warranty, it does lose a few K in value. Think of what an insurance policy we'd consider it in the purchasing decision.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2024, 01:43 PM   #33
masab321
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M4 Comp xDrive ; 2021

Garage List
I am also in the market for 20-21 fully loaded x7 as well. Agree with getting the car PPI. I am looking for something around 25-35k mileage. But I do see some real nice fully loaded options at 40-50k mileage as well. What’s the sweet spot as far as mileage is concerned for these awesome cars?
Insta: masmdm4
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2024, 02:08 PM   #34
Archie007
Private
Rep

I was in the exact same sweet spot as yours. Mid 30k miles or below, all the options and bench seats. Seeing stuff around high 60s with some creeping to the mid60s lately
Appreciate 1
masab321380.00
      01-24-2024, 04:32 PM   #35
masab321
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M4 Comp xDrive ; 2021

Garage List
Quote:
I was in the exact same sweet spot as yours. Mid 30k miles or below, all the options and bench seats. Seeing stuff around high 60s with some creeping to the mid60s lately
I have observed the same trend. I am also looking for all the options and bench seats. I liked one but didn’t had the bench seats. Gotta keep looking.
Insta: masmdm4
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2024, 01:34 AM   #36
Guest4now
Rep
Drives: 2015 GMC Yukon XL Denali

I'm coming from a 2015 Yukon XL Denali and want something much more fun to drive. The Hyndai Pallisade makes a whole lot of sense, but feels like a step back power and handling wise compared to my bus.

I'm pretty much settled on a used X7 v8. DAP is a requirement - I don't want to deal with the stress of traffic. Luxury seating and Cold Weather are musts. OEM Hitch is high up since I'll be cutting back so much on space. I figure bench is a must for 2 kids + a dog (doodle) on trips to VT - the back seat will be down for cargo.
I've been searching on and off for a few months. DHP and B&W seem highly recommended on here, but I wasn't finding too much locally with those options

It seems like 21/22s are in the lower $70s with most options, but I'm not finding any exact matches.
Coming from a black truck, I want something that hides the dirt. I haven't seen too many silver options for sale. I want to avoid black/black/black

I love music, but not an audiophile. The Bose systems in the past GM vehicles have been adequate. Is the B&W that earth shattering? I haven't seen any at local dealers to listen. I mostly listen to mp3 on my iphone (apple car play or with a cable). I steam pandora or amazon music on trips. The B&W speakers look bad ass, but are they really worth holding out? I want out of my current vehicle before I have to do a few big ticket items.

I plan to keep for 4-5 years, maybe more if they are trouble free.

I drove a 21 M50i and loved the sound and the power. It seems like the 19-20 xdrive50i can save a good $10-20k with 40-60k miles fully loaded. Is there much of a difference between the 50i and m50i?

Option 1: $48,500. 2019 xdrive50i with 42k miles.
Carbon black (negative), but nice looking white/navy interior. Bench, DAP, DHP, RSE, B&W, hitch, cold weather, luxury seating.
An hour away, but horribly reviewed independent dealer. Need to finance through them and expect another $5k added to the price for fees. Still seems like decent deal, but does lack of m50i really matter? Plus no warranty?
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...8/NONE/DEFAULT

Option 2: 2021 M50i for $67,599 with 31k miles. CPO
4 hours drive to an out of state BMW dealer.
Phytonic blue with black bench seats.
DAP, DHP, B&W, Luxury Seat, Exec package. Cold weather.
I don't like the colors and wheels as much as the next one. $5k savings and B&W, but a long drive and trade in difficulty. 1 year less warranty
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=378846879

Option 3: 2022 M50i for $72,888 CPO
Somewhat local BMW dealer (40 min away, would most likely use one that is 15 min from me - not sure if that really matters). 31k miles.
Tanzanite Blue + Tartufo bench interior.
DAP, DHP, Executive, Luxury Seating, Cold Weather, Hitch.
Warranty until Jan 2026 + 1 year CPO
I thought I liked the lighter Phytonic Blue better, but I like the richer blues in TB. Tartufo is a nice change from all black interiors. Seems a little over priced and missing B&W.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=382588306

Thoughts or know of anyone looking to sell? Used Denalis or Escalades with SuperCruise are nice but I don't want to spend 90k on a used truck.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2024, 08:14 AM   #37
E46G07fanatic
Rep
Drives: BMW M3, BMW X7, Tesla Model Y

Option 1 is very similar to what I have. I consider it the value proposition. Its not gonna have the fancy M badge... but thats not a big deal to me. I found it basically the same thing as the M50i but a little less power and responsiveness. Since it has DAP, thats a win. Go with your gut.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2024, 09:29 AM   #38
omnid00d
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Option 2 and 3 seem overpriced to me. I got my CPO '21 M50i with 37k for 67k before TTL 7 months ago. Only thing I'm missing is exec package. I've never driven a 50i so can't comment on the deltas. I would suggest keep looking or potential expand your search area and see if the dealers are willing to ship to you (and sell your car locally).

DHP is a baller feature, I use it everyday to make turns in parking lots that a car this long shouldn't be able to make. IT's not just a perf feature but a quality of life feature.

I love the B/W. I have an hour commute each way and when combined with the improved noise insulation, the car is really my cocoon even when I'm just listening to a podcast. With the right content and some EQ setting changes courtesy of this forum, the sound is just amazing.

Bench is the way to go for max versatility. I got the captains because benches were really hard to come by on a fully loaded model and didnt' want to wait anymore. I completely regret it...but my rear passengers don't!

IMO, you should be able to find a fully loaded M50i in the mid-60s so you shouldn't need to decide between not having options like DHP or B/W. 4-5 years is a long time so I'd rather not look back and say "I coulda/shoulda" (like with my captains chairs). Also, Its supposed to be a pinnacle experience from BMW in a way and it can be had within your budget (based of your links).
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2024, 07:02 PM   #39
admranger
Retired Curmudgeon
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘19 X3M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest4now View Post
I'm coming from a 2015 Yukon XL Denali and want something much more fun to drive. The Hyndai Pallisade makes a whole lot of sense, but feels like a step back power and handling wise compared to my bus.

I'm pretty much settled on a used X7 v8. DAP is a requirement - I don't want to deal with the stress of traffic. Luxury seating and Cold Weather are musts. OEM Hitch is high up since I'll be cutting back so much on space. I figure bench is a must for 2 kids + a dog (doodle) on trips to VT - the back seat will be down for cargo.
I've been searching on and off for a few months. DHP and B&W seem highly recommended on here, but I wasn't finding too much locally with those options

It seems like 21/22s are in the lower $70s with most options, but I'm not finding any exact matches.
Coming from a black truck, I want something that hides the dirt. I haven't seen too many silver options for sale. I want to avoid black/black/black

I love music, but not an audiophile. The Bose systems in the past GM vehicles have been adequate. Is the B&W that earth shattering? I haven't seen any at local dealers to listen. I mostly listen to mp3 on my iphone (apple car play or with a cable). I steam pandora or amazon music on trips. The B&W speakers look bad ass, but are they really worth holding out? I want out of my current vehicle before I have to do a few big ticket items.

I plan to keep for 4-5 years, maybe more if they are trouble free.

I drove a 21 M50i and loved the sound and the power. It seems like the 19-20 xdrive50i can save a good $10-20k with 40-60k miles fully loaded. Is there much of a difference between the 50i and m50i?

Option 1: $48,500. 2019 xdrive50i with 42k miles.
Carbon black (negative), but nice looking white/navy interior. Bench, DAP, DHP, RSE, B&W, hitch, cold weather, luxury seating.
An hour away, but horribly reviewed independent dealer. Need to finance through them and expect another $5k added to the price for fees. Still seems like decent deal, but does lack of m50i really matter? Plus no warranty?
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...8/NONE/DEFAULT

Option 2: 2021 M50i for $67,599 with 31k miles. CPO
4 hours drive to an out of state BMW dealer.
Phytonic blue with black bench seats.
DAP, DHP, B&W, Luxury Seat, Exec package. Cold weather.
I don't like the colors and wheels as much as the next one. $5k savings and B&W, but a long drive and trade in difficulty. 1 year less warranty
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=378846879

Option 3: 2022 M50i for $72,888 CPO
Somewhat local BMW dealer (40 min away, would most likely use one that is 15 min from me - not sure if that really matters). 31k miles.
Tanzanite Blue + Tartufo bench interior.
DAP, DHP, Executive, Luxury Seating, Cold Weather, Hitch.
Warranty until Jan 2026 + 1 year CPO
I thought I liked the lighter Phytonic Blue better, but I like the richer blues in TB. Tartufo is a nice change from all black interiors. Seems a little over priced and missing B&W.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=382588306

Thoughts or know of anyone looking to sell? Used Denalis or Escalades with SuperCruise are nice but I don't want to spend 90k on a used truck.
The older 2019/2020 V8’s are the previous spec versions. I had it in my 2018 m550i sedan and it was nice, but the new update is much better.

I wanted the 6 cylinder so that’s what I got but there are a bunch of v8’s out there. Fewer with dhp though.

For the left coast, the prices seem to be in the high 60’s and low 70’s for reasonably well loaded ones.

'19 X3 M40 Carbon Black/Oyster, '21 X7 40i AW/Black, Past BMWs: '18 M550i, '18 330 GT, '16 X5 40e, '11 E90M3, '06 X5 4.4, '03 330i ZHP, '02 M3, '97 Z3 2.8, '95 M3 (2x), '94 530i (manual), '92 525i (manual), '88 M3, '87 325iS
Appreciate 1
      05-14-2024, 11:16 PM   #40
NGT2
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i xDrive (2020)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by omnid00d View Post
Option 2 and 3 seem overpriced to me. I got my CPO '21 M50i with 37k for 67k before TTL 7 months ago. Only thing I'm missing is exec package. I've never driven a 50i so can't comment on the deltas. I would suggest keep looking or potential expand your search area and see if the dealers are willing to ship to you (and sell your car locally).

DHP is a baller feature, I use it everyday to make turns in parking lots that a car this long shouldn't be able to make. IT's not just a perf feature but a quality of life feature.

I love the B/W. I have an hour commute each way and when combined with the improved noise insulation, the car is really my cocoon even when I'm just listening to a podcast. With the right content and some EQ setting changes courtesy of this forum, the sound is just amazing.

Bench is the way to go for max versatility. I got the captains because benches were really hard to come by on a fully loaded model and didnt' want to wait anymore. I completely regret it...but my rear passengers don't!

IMO, you should be able to find a fully loaded M50i in the mid-60s so you shouldn't need to decide between not having options like DHP or B/W. 4-5 years is a long time so I'd rather not look back and say "I coulda/shoulda" (like with my captains chairs). Also, Its supposed to be a pinnacle experience from BMW in a way and it can be had within your budget (based of your links).
Funny, I’m looking for an M50 and my wife insists on captains seats over bench. I’ve found a few loaded options with bench but can’t find one she wants (with the colors she wants) with captains chairs.

We have DHP as a must and bowers as a preferred but not a must. I have bowers in my M550 and DHP and love both.

She really wants Dravit Gray but it’s hard to find. What’s crazy is there are tons of Tanzanite and it’s the same price new as Dravit. Also tons of Tanzanite with Ivory/Blue interior. Dravit is such a great color, I’m surprised there aren’t more out there.

It’s hard but we’ve been patient. We will get what we want, eventually.

RETIRED: 2018 540i Luxury Line (Dark Graphite/Canberra Beige)
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2024, 09:59 AM   #41
omnid00d
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGT2 View Post
Funny, I’m looking for an M50 and my wife insists on captains seats over bench. I’ve found a few loaded options with bench but can’t find one she wants (with the colors she wants) with captains chairs.

We have DHP as a must and bowers as a preferred but not a must. I have bowers in my M550 and DHP and love both.

She really wants Dravit Gray but it’s hard to find. What’s crazy is there are tons of Tanzanite and it’s the same price new as Dravit. Also tons of Tanzanite with Ivory/Blue interior. Dravit is such a great color, I’m surprised there aren’t more out there.

BMW's captains chair implementation doesn't make sense to me, like why can't they fold down like in the GLS. It makes the car much less useful as I wasn't able to move some stuff because I can't down the 2nd row. My wife sits in the back with our little one and while she misses the bench, she definitely feels more like she's being chauffeured and there's more space to put bags/stuff especially when there's a baby involved. Others have made the same comment so I get the draw.

Dravit Grey is real nice but yes I don't see many of them, odd... I was a bit pressed for time so I was much more lax on the color combo (ended up with a murdered out carbon black one).

Do be patient as much as you can, these things only go down in value and bless the hearts of those who bought new with all the trimmings.
Appreciate 1
NGT26391.00
      05-15-2024, 02:19 PM   #42
NGT2
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by omnid00d View Post
BMW's captains chair implementation doesn't make sense to me, like why can't they fold down like in the GLS. It makes the car much less useful as I wasn't able to move some stuff because I can't down the 2nd row. My wife sits in the back with our little one and while she misses the bench, she definitely feels more like she's being chauffeured and there's more space to put bags/stuff especially when there's a baby involved. Others have made the same comment so I get the draw.

Dravit Grey is real nice but yes I don't see many of them, odd... I was a bit pressed for time so I was much more lax on the color combo (ended up with a murdered out carbon black one).

Do be patient as much as you can, these things only go down in value and bless the hearts of those who bought new with all the trimmings.
Yeah my wife likes the captains chairs because it looks fancier. It is also probably nice for keeping the boys separated as they get older. But it’s crazy they don’t fold flat. I’d rather have the bench seat for that reason. Also, if you can seat three in the second row, you have less need for a third row. The only time we use the third row is if there’s an extra kid for a short trip from house to house. And we aren’t having a third child of our own. The bench makes way more sense. But she wants what she wants. And what she wants will get me another 523 hp V8 in the garage, so I’m not arguing! I like the idea of having 1,000+ hp in my two car garage. Haha

Carbon black is probably her second favorite color, tied with Manhattan Green. I think they made Manhattan Green in the M50, but I haven’t seen one yet. Maybe someone can confirm or correct me on that.

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2024, 04:23 PM   #43
admranger
Retired Curmudgeon
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘19 X3M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGT2 View Post

Murray BMW of Utah has a Nardo gray one but no DHP...

'19 X3 M40 Carbon Black/Oyster, '21 X7 40i AW/Black, Past BMWs: '18 M550i, '18 330 GT, '16 X5 40e, '11 E90M3, '06 X5 4.4, '03 330i ZHP, '02 M3, '97 Z3 2.8, '95 M3 (2x), '94 530i (manual), '92 525i (manual), '88 M3, '87 325iS

Last edited by admranger; 05-15-2024 at 04:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2024, 04:49 PM   #44
NGT2
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by admranger View Post
Murray BMW of Utah has a Nardo gray one but no DHP...
I know… really cool looking. They have a few that would be good but none with DHP. My wife used to love Brooklyn or Nardo gray. Then I pointed out Kia and others also have versions of this and it became less cool to her and she doesn’t want it anymore. Haha. I created a monster. If it had tartufo, I think she’d go for it and I’d probably think about giving on the DHP. But since they added Brooklyn Gray to the LCI, it makes Nardo gray on that one a little less unique on the road. I know it’s two different colors, but most won’t notice.

Appreciate 1
admranger3103.50