BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Nissan working on 240SX successor (+Infinity badged)...should the 135i be worried?

06-09-2008, 03:53 PM   #23
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
for the price the current 350z and the Infiniti G35/37 have an incredible bang for buck quotient.
I would daresay most of us arent concerned about the "bang for buck" when purchasing our 135i's...It was the marque, pure and simple. If I wanted decent quality with kick ass power I would have bought a G8 GT with the LS1 (Holden Commodore SS, I think it is called down there in AUS) for 2/3's the price and gotten a real back seat....
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2008, 05:43 PM   #24
Brandon26pdx
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrean8j View Post
I would daresay most of us arent concerned about the "bang for buck" when purchasing our 135i's...It was the marque, pure and simple. If I wanted decent quality with kick ass power I would have bought a G8 GT with the LS1 (Holden Commodore SS, I think it is called down there in AUS) for 2/3's the price and gotten a real back seat....
I'm not so sure I'd agree. A 135i is a very strong combination of price, refinement, and kick ass power. That seems like to me a pretty good definition of "bang for the buck." I'm sure some people bought it just because it was a Bimmer, but you'll always have those types. (They probably aren't on here debating the finer points though.)
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2008, 05:57 PM   #25
RobLS
Major
Rep
Drives: M3 Coupe

I don't like Nissan and Infiniti over BMW because not just quality, but the style and how things are built with BMW's. I am really starting to dislike Infiniti even more because their cars are beginning to all look the same, and now the Z is heading to the Infiniti look as well, and yes I know its pretty much the same company. Also, the way they are getting power is just to make a bigger engine, while BMW is trying to refine the engines to get more power. Its all a different approach to things, I like BMW's. And as for laughing at the GT-R, I applaud its great track ability, but for nothing else.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 01:49 AM   #26
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobLS View Post
I don't like Nissan and Infiniti over BMW because not just quality, but the style and how things are built with BMW's. I am really starting to dislike Infiniti even more because their cars are beginning to all look the same, and now the Z is heading to the Infiniti look as well, and yes I know its pretty much the same company. Also, the way they are getting power is just to make a bigger engine, while BMW is trying to refine the engines to get more power. Its all a different approach to things, I like BMW's. And as for laughing at the GT-R, I applaud its great track ability, but for nothing else.
The BMW E46 M3 had an inline-6, the new M3 has a V8.....the E39 M5 had a V8....the new M5 has a V10....seems to me like bigger engines to get more power, so that argument does not hold water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon26pdx View Post
A 135i is a very strong combination of price, refinement, and kick ass power.
Price??? For the price of decently optioned 135i you can get a fully loaded with every option 350z or G37. Both cars have received very good reviews by journalists. If you dont like the cars because of styling then that is a opinion, but that does not mean that Nissan Auto Corps. is not making quality vehicles with a good bang for buck quotient. Do you realize the biggest complaint about the 135i is?(besides its "controversial" look?)...The price.....read the reviews my friend...
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 02:48 AM   #27
RobLS
Major
Rep
Drives: M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrean8j View Post
The BMW E46 M3 had an inline-6, the new M3 has a V8.....the E39 M5 had a V8....the new M5 has a V10....seems to me like bigger engines to get more power, so that argument does not hold water.

Price??? For the price of decently optioned 135i you can get a fully loaded with every option 350z or G37. Both cars have received very good reviews by journalists. If you dont like the cars because of styling then that is a opinion, but that does not mean that Nissan Auto Corps. is not making quality vehicles with a good bang for buck quotient. Do you realize the biggest complaint about the 135i is?(besides its "controversial" look?)...The price.....read the reviews my friend...
Talking about their normal cars, not M division. 128i vs 135i still a small package, not a bigger litre 6, and if they need to get more power out of it, they can tune that engine even more, as the previous x30. The e60's V8 had more hp added to it over the course of its history, i believe with slight tuning. Have you btw, seen the new 350z compared to the last, the big bulge in its hood to accompany its bigger engine. The new M3's engine is also less weight and more efficient than its previous if you really wanna go there.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 03:21 AM   #28
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
M division IS a part of BMW....and Nissan 350z/370z are Nissans equivalent of M cars. The 350 has been out for about 4 years now?(give or take) without an upgrade...so the increase in engine size...and the increase in HP (from 306 to ~330) is about right on target. I am not saying that Nissan is ON par with BMW in that department. I am saying they are one of the only Japanese manufacturers making a concerted effort to step up their game.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 03:36 PM   #29
Brandon26pdx
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

/thread
Appreciate 0