BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum power rearview mirror for radar detector?

02-03-2022, 06:47 PM   #23
Maverick1776
Rep
Drives: 2022 X7 M50i (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph1958 View Post
In my 2021 X7, I attempted tapping into the orange and brown cables above the overhead console. However, I stopped as I was concerned that the tap connectors would literally cut the very thin orange and brown cables.

Instead, I connected the Valentine Direct-Wire Power Adapter into a switched circuit at the passenger footwell fusebox by using an add-a-circuit fuse tap connector. I then ran a thin RJ-11 power cord (from the Direct-Wire Power Adapter) up the passenger A pillar and then buried the power cord in the headliner (just above the windshield) until I got to the dropped-down overhead console. From the overhead console area, I snaked the power cord to the vanity light. I popped open the vanity light, pulled out the power cord, and then reinstalled the vanity light. The power cord now is hidden above the sun visor (when not in use) and is connected to the visor-mounted Valentine through the swivel opening on the right side of the visor.

To accommodate situations when I need the driver's sun visor, I ran another power cord to the passenger-side visor in similar fashion. Thus, I can then mount the Valentine on the passenger visor as an alternative.

I have included one photo of the "back" side of the removed vanity light to show the clip to press. The other photo shows the finished wiring (with the visor dropped so you can see the wiring). The bottom line is that I wanted to hide the power wiring and, of course, minimize dangling power cords.
Would you mind posting a pic of the switched circuit you used in the passenger footwell?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2022, 07:36 PM   #24
ph1958
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 xDrive40i

I tapped into either circuit F64 or F65 (which covers the USB-C outlets). I have attached the wiring diagram.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf G05_06_07_VS2_8706212_8706213_8706214.pdf (1.90 MB, 104 views)
Appreciate 1