BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge 2023 NFL Thread

01-17-2024, 04:44 PM   #573
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
I know the 49ers are heavily favored this week, but I think it's too soon to put it in the win column just yet. Yes, the 49ers are rested, but Green Bay has great momentum with nothing to lose.

It should be a great battle.
Playing at home and being the “better team,” the 49ers should win. However, I think weather will play a factor. GB is used to playing in the cold and rain, whereas 49ers aren’t. If forecast is accurate with rain, cold temperatures, and if they aren’t prepared, the win will lean towards GB.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2024, 05:18 PM   #574
lakefront
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Playing at home and being the “better team,” the 49ers should win. However, I think weather will play a factor. GB is used to playing in the cold and rain, whereas 49ers aren’t. If forecast is accurate with rain, cold temperatures, and if they aren’t prepared, the win will lean towards GB.
I think weather is a little overrated when its playoff time. Packers have lost multiple playoff games at home when the weather favored them. Why? Lost to a better team.
Even after demolishing Cowboys, GB is a 10 point (?) underdog this weekend. Tells you what the bettors think about how good Cowboys turned out to be. Don't think Packer defense can stop SF, the key is can they run the ball and stay balanced like last weekend. I would hope its at least a competitive game.
Appreciate 1
      01-17-2024, 05:42 PM   #575
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Spread is 9.5 points.

Temps in mid 50's, with 43% chance of rain is hardly anything. If your team is bothered by that you shouldn't be playing in the NFL.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2024, 07:27 PM   #576
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Welp.... Old, Rich, Senile JJ is sticking with Biscuit Boy McCarthy.
My only hope now is that he does NOT extend Dak.
Appreciate 1
JMcLellan2135.00
      01-18-2024, 01:14 PM   #577
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
Spread is 9.5 points.

Temps in mid 50's, with 43% chance of rain is hardly anything. If your team is bothered by that you shouldn't be playing in the NFL.
Having HATED watching him do things like this to USC, I'm sure McCaffrey can both catch and run in those conditions. Cheese-D won't have a chance.
      01-18-2024, 01:30 PM   #578
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakefront View Post
I think weather is a little overrated when its playoff time. Packers have lost multiple playoff games at home when the weather favored them. Why? Lost to a better team.
Yup, I often see that happen to GB/Bills/etc and it was surprising, like, aren't they born of this?...but the weather can only do so much vs skill and intestinal fortitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Ooof smh, sorry TXSTYLE...maybe it's time to consider switching teams?

Re bold, I don't really wanna body-shame, but there comes a pt if he can't even manage his body, how the heck can he successfully manage a football team??
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2024, 02:22 PM   #579
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongoxxx View Post
Dak = Romo 2.0

Been saying that for years.
This is rather timely, no?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...hy-jerry-jones
Appreciate 3
lakefront568.00
Bongoxxx805.50
GERMAN M34182.00
      01-18-2024, 04:14 PM   #580
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
If we can get Week 8-18 McCarthy, im not as upset. But if we get Week 1-6 and WC McCarthy, shit.

What Im upset about is Dan Quinn coming back unless someone just overlooks him shitting the bed in the WC as well.

As the season went on, our Offense started to click but our defense was continually exposed. Dan Quinn has a history of defenses that can play good with a lead, but arent usually great in a grind it out, back and forth fight. Which is what you will get in the playoffs. He values speed and pass rushing over size and the ability to stop the run, and you saw that every game vs a team that had a halfway decent running game.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2024, 04:16 PM   #581
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Yup, I often see that happen to GB/Bills/etc and it was surprising, like, aren't they born of this?...but the weather can only do so much vs skill and intestinal fortitude.

Ooof smh, sorry TXSTYLE...maybe it's time to consider switching teams?

Re bold, I don't really wanna body-shame, but there comes a pt if he can't even manage his body, how the heck can he successfully manage a football team??
Makes sense. Guys like Belichick and Reid are prototypical athletic, healthy looking individuals.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2024, 04:59 PM   #582
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
Makes sense. Guys like Belichick and Reid are prototypical athletic, healthy looking individuals.
Belichick doesn't appear as bad and Reid has a stacked team lol, well, they both had/have.

Just sayin', it's symbolic and indicative.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2024, 05:42 PM   #583
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Inside the Bills' practice facility (my photo):

Outside in the stadium (also my photo):

Any questions?????
      01-18-2024, 05:49 PM   #584
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

^I sure hope that teams' practice facilities are more cozy than rl but they still play more bad-weather games vs their opponents. Anyway...like lakefront said, that factor can only play so much.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2024, 02:03 PM   #585
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
My only thought is...if you are getting rid of one, you need to get rid of the other. Dak has one more year left on contract. Keep McCarthy through next year and ditch them both next season. Cowboys are not attracting a big name head coach with Dak still on the roster, just not happening. Everyone has seen Dak's ceiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Having HATED watching him do things like this to USC, I'm sure McCaffrey can both catch and run in those conditions. Cheese-D won't have a chance.
Purdy also played 4 years at Iowa St, not exactly warm weather football. They will be fine.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2024, 05:27 PM   #586
lakefront
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 Macan GTS

Quote:
My only thought is...if you are getting rid of one, you need to get rid of the other. Dak has one more year left on contract. Keep McCarthy through next year and ditch them both next season. Cowboys are not attracting a big name head coach with Dak still on the roster, just not happening. Everyone has seen Dak's ceiling.

Purdy also played 4 years at Iowa St, not exactly warm weather football. They will be fine.
Are Cowboys willing to let Dak walk next year for nothing in return? He was an MVP candidate a few weeks ago. I would sign and trade him and get rid of McCarthy. Mike is a terrific QB coach but he got outcoached so bad last Sunday it was embarrassing. Don't think he will ever be a head coach again. Lots of teams at the bottom of the league that would pay in trade for a QB like Dak. Of course, whatever is bad for Dallas is great for everyone else. So have at it, Jer!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2024, 08:33 AM   #587
Fillip
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M3 (F80)

Ravens vs Texans should be a great game this evening. I am expecting a high-scoring shootout.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2024, 10:25 PM   #588
GERMAN M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp.

Packers played a great game tonight. Was hoping they would have moved on. That final play Jordan should have just thrown it away or dumped it over the LB’s head to Aaron Jones. Looked like he had a little bit of room to run. Great game, and I’m sure Jordan will learn something from that last play. Packers have a bright future ahead of them.
T0RM3NT3825.00
JMcLellan2135.00
      01-20-2024, 11:37 PM   #589
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERMAN M3 View Post
Packers played a great game tonight. Was hoping they would have moved on. That final play Jordan should have just thrown it away or dumped it over the LB’s head to Aaron Jones. Looked like he had a little bit of room to run. Great game, and I’m sure Jordan will learn something from that last play. Packers have a bright future ahead of them.
GB played the 49ers tough. It easily could have gone the other way. I hate to see them go home.

49ers dodged a bullet.
Appreciate 3
lakefront568.00
GERMAN M34182.00
T0RM3NT3825.00
      01-21-2024, 12:03 AM   #590
mjr24
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp GC, X7, AMG GT53

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERMAN M3 View Post
We had 20 chances to win that game tonight. Not much you can do. Carlson has been lousy all year but you can't go into the red zone 4 times at one point and come away with 6 points against that defense. We let them off the hook time and time again. Against Dallas, we hit on all of those plays.

Purdy was unimpressive.....I don't see him being that much better than Jimmy G honestly. Then again, he probably doesn't need to be...
2022 M8 Comp GC, 2021 AMG GT53, 2022 X5M Competition, 2021 X7 40i, 2019 M5, 2018 M550I, 2017 Audi Q7, 2014 M6 GC, 2013 Mercedes CLS550, 2011 750LI, 2008 M6 Cabrio, 2008 Porsche Cayenne S, 2004 Mercedes SL55 AMG, 2003 Mercedes SL500, 2000 Mercedes CL500, 1993 Lexus SC400, 1989 525i, 1985 318i
Appreciate 2
lakefront568.00
GERMAN M34182.00
      01-21-2024, 01:33 AM   #591
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Jordan Love is going to be asking for big money in offseason. Only signed through next season. Will be interesting to see where he fits in the market. At least $45mill per, 4-5 year contract. Agent is definitely going to ask for $50mill+. He seems to have more upside than Hurts and Jalen got $51mill per.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2024, 10:14 AM   #592
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post
We had 20 chances to win that game tonight. Not much you can do. Carlson has been lousy all year but you can't go into the red zone 4 times at one point and come away with 6 points against that defense. We let them off the hook time and time again. Against Dallas, we hit on all of those plays.

Purdy was unimpressive.....I don't see him being that much better than Jimmy G honestly. Then again, he probably doesn't need to be...
SF played poorly and the product they put on the field and final score reflected that. If they continue to have a questionable gameplan and coaching they will either get bouned next week or in the SB. I don't have a ton of faith they'll hit the switch in a week and reach their full potential like they have in the regular season. And Purdy is absolutely an upgrade over Jimmy G, and it's not even close. You clearly haven't watched enough games. I've watched them all and about 2/3 of his offensive snaps via the All-22 and Purdy can do things Jimmy could only dream of.

The Purdy narrative is a lazy one. He didn't play his best ball, but delivered when it mattered. He was very good on that GW drive and he didn't turn the ball over all game. He outplayed Jordan Love, period. GB had all these opportunities, and Jordan Love should've capitalized, and he didn't.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2024, 10:26 AM   #593
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Jordan Love is going to be asking for big money in offseason. Only signed through next season. Will be interesting to see where he fits in the market. At least $45mill per, 4-5 year contract. Agent is definitely going to ask for $50mill+. He seems to have more upside than Hurts and Jalen got $51mill per.
There's no way I would pay him after one season. One year of work doesn't make you worthy of a big contract. He's under contract for next season. Let him play through next season and then look at putting together a deal if it makes sense. Next year will be telling. The tape is out and the offseason is a long one for defensive coordinators. If he's legit, he'll be able to do it again next year.
Appreciate 2
GERMAN M34182.00
tcphoto3558.00
      01-21-2024, 12:21 PM   #594
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

I was glad to see a close game last night after the Ravens simply walked away from the Texans in the early game. I was not rooting for the Packers but part of me was hoping that the Packers would win, then the Lions win today, resulting in a Lions-Packers NFC championship game.

Today I am rooting for the Lions as I'd love to them do well after the decades of failure. Maybe it's just me but it just feels like the Lions want it more than anyone else. I have no interest in seeing the Bucs and Baker Mayfield play in any more games this year.

I think the Bills-Chiefs game is going to be close tonight with the Bills having the edge, and it will come down to if Josh Allen can avoid that 1 stupid hero-ball throw at the wrong time. I'm not worried about Mahomes and the Chiefs; they are going to be ready to go.

Lastly, I don't think anyone is going to beat the Ravens. They look so dominating and control games. Could be a good year for the Harbaugh brothers.
3798j11699.50
vreihen1615625.00