BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW XM (G09) Forums General BMW XM Forum First BMW XM Label Sold & Delivered to Bimmerpost Member Goes Dark

10-31-2023, 07:25 AM   #45
mestes1999
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 Comp

Those center wheel caps would drive my OCD insane.
      10-31-2023, 08:38 AM   #46
ChrisM4
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Comp X-Drive

Garage List
The tint looks good but I imagine you’ll be getting a lot of tickets depending on where you live.
      10-31-2023, 03:21 PM   #47
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisM4 View Post
The tint looks good but I imagine you’ll be getting a lot of tickets depending on where you live.
Not much of a concern for me. I rarely drive at night as it is anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestes1999 View Post
Those center wheel caps would drive my OCD insane.
I guess I better sell it right away…
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2023, 05:56 PM   #48
Bimmerfun82
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3, X7, iX

Garage List
24 BMW iXM60  [10.00]
24 BMW M3  [9.77]
24 BMW X7  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
I guess I better sell it right away…
😂
Appreciate 1
      10-31-2023, 06:35 PM   #49
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerfun82 View Post
😂
I mean seriously. What kind of comment is that? I’ve diagnosed myself with OCD and the last time I checked, the wheel caps are all exactly the same. 😂😂😂
Appreciate 1
      10-31-2023, 06:48 PM   #50
Bimmerfun82
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
24 BMW iXM60  [10.00]
24 BMW M3  [9.77]
24 BMW X7  [9.00]
Quote:
I mean seriously. What kind of comment is that? I’ve diagnosed myself with OCD and the last time I checked, the wheel caps are all exactly the same. 😂😂😂
It’s kind of the opposite. Less clutter less OCD. Amirite?
Appreciate 1
      10-31-2023, 06:51 PM   #51
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It’s kind of the opposite. Less clutter less OCD. Amirite?
I’m actually curious what he thinks would look better? I mean I don’t really care, but I’m curious where he was going with that comment. It’s not like one of the four was a different color.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2023, 07:20 PM   #52
PNWM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW XM

Quote:
I’m actually curious what he thinks would look better? I mean I don’t really care, but I’m curious where he was going with that comment. It’s not like one of the four was a different color.
Maybe he thinks they are hard to clean. They are 1000% easier than the 23's on my XB7! My son and I cleaned the XM the other day in less than an hour. The wheels on the Alpina alone used to take 20 min
Appreciate 1
      11-01-2023, 07:07 AM   #53
8MW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualguitars View Post
i mean seriously. What kind of comment is that? I’ve diagnosed myself with ocd and the last time i checked, the wheel caps are all exactly the same. 😂😂😂
😂😂😂
Appreciate 1
      11-02-2023, 01:38 PM   #54
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
After almost one full week of ownership, I’m absolutely loving my new 2024 BMW XM Label in Jerez Black Metallic. Despite what the haters and reviewers may say, this thing is a beast and is a lot of fun to drive! It’s like a hybrid (no pun intended) of my previous 2019 M550 and 2023 iX M60. And no new BMW would be complete without super dark window tint. #MissionAccomplished

The BWM XM and XM Label’s privacy glass measures in at a very dark 3% VLT from the factory before any windows tint has been applied. I knew it was darker than the typical BMW privacy glass, but I couldn’t believe it when I saw the light meter. Just for comparison, the privacy glass on the BMW iX M60 is 14% VLT from the factory with no film applied.

After applying the XPEL Prime XR Plus 5 to the front windows, the glass now measures in at a very dark 3% VLT which was necessary to match the privacy glass in the back. Also for comparison, I had XPEL Prime XR Plus 15 (12% VLT) on my BMW iX M60 and it measured in at 9% VLT after being applied to the glass - just not quite dark enough to match on privacy glass on the XM.

After applying the XPEL Prime XR Plus 70 film to the windshield, sides, and back, the privacy glass now measures in at a slightly darker 2% VLT for an near perfect match to the front windows. Probably should have gone a little darker on the tailgate as it’s not quite as dark as the other privacy glass.

Current OCD situation: SATISFIED! For those that haven’t used this brand or product before, it is superb. Even in Texas during the summer’s 100°+ temperatures, you will feel no heat from the outside. It’s worth every single penny!

Stealth mode activated!
Congrats. Your XM looks amazing and TBH, this is the look that BMW should have promoted for the XM. The ones they went with are too garish IMHO. Well done and hope you enjoy it for a long time!!!!
Appreciate 1
      11-02-2023, 01:49 PM   #55
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCX5 View Post
Congrats. Your XM looks amazing and TBH, this is the look that BMW should have promoted for the XM. The ones they went with are too garish IMHO. Well done and hope you enjoy it for a long time!!!!
Thanks man! I really the kind words.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2023, 07:19 AM   #56
Upstate330i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i Msport

Quote:
I don’t know where you live, but the legal limit in Texas is 25% for the front windows, so I’d would tell you that it’s 100% not legal! The rest of the windows don’t matter With the exception of the windshield, but you won’t even notice it being any darker with 70% film. PlusI won’t have to worry about state inspection for another two years and the BMW dealerships don’t really seem to care. I can’t speak for other parts of the country, but this is not something that’s really enforced in Texas unless they’re looking for a reason to pull you over. Considering I don’t drink or go out at night, it’s pretty risk-free for me. In the event that I do get pulled over, it will just be a ticket.
I wish NY was like this. BMW dealers I’ve been too won’t touch inspection if the windows are tinted.
I’ve had tints on my previous car and never any issues with police or pulled over. Problem came to inspection because some places would do it others I’d have to slide a lil cash on the side to pass inspection.
Smh such a hassle. Smh.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2023, 10:02 AM   #57
Bimmerfun82
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
24 BMW iXM60  [10.00]
24 BMW M3  [9.77]
24 BMW X7  [9.00]
Found one!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      11-09-2023, 10:21 AM   #58
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Found one!
Welcome to the club! I believe you’re the fourth Bimmerpost member to obtain one!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2023, 10:42 AM   #59
Bimmerfun82
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
24 BMW iXM60  [10.00]
24 BMW M3  [9.77]
24 BMW X7  [9.00]
Quote:
Welcome to the club! I believe you’re the fourth Bimmerpost member to obtain one!
I didn’t buy it, just found it!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2023, 10:48 AM   #60
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I didn’t buy it, just found it!
Well now you have to buy it! How can you say no to such an amazing machine?!!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2023, 11:09 AM   #61
Bimmerfun82
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
24 BMW iXM60  [10.00]
24 BMW M3  [9.77]
24 BMW X7  [9.00]
Quote:
Well now you have to buy it! How can you say no to such an amazing machine?!!
Like I said dude X7 + M4
Appreciate 1
      11-09-2023, 11:15 AM   #62
XM Label
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: XM/XB7

Garage List
2024 XM Label  [0.00]
Quote:
Found one!
Twinning minus the wheels!
Appreciate 1
      11-12-2023, 10:57 AM   #63
Mr.blue
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i Xdrive, 2021 X5M co

Garage List
Congratulations, love that color in the light. I’m starting to like the XM more each time I see it. Tint looks great too. The only thing that’s bothers me about dark tint is driving at night or using my side view mirrors to back up but love the look during the day. I am thinking of getting the 70% tint for the windshield this time around to block some of the heat coming from the front on bright days. Does it hinder your vision at all at night, also does it help to reduce bright sunlight coming into the front windshield? I had the 15% in all my rear windows of my 7 series and 25% upfront I believe, and the view from the back window was fine at night . Xpel is really good stuff but I wasn’t sure how it would affect the front view of the windshield.

Another thing I was wondering, does it bother you at all that the XM doesn’t have a sun roof, or do you just get used to it? This is my biggest hang up with the vehicle as I never actually open the sunroof but like having the shade open on some days to let the light in.

Oh yeah, I used to own the M550i in the same spec as yours. It was a great car and I really enjoyed driving it. Even today it still holds its good looks. Really wished I had held on to that one.
      11-12-2023, 11:04 AM   #64
XM Label
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: XM/XB7

Garage List
2024 XM Label  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.blue View Post
Congratulations, love that color in the light. I’m starting to like the XM more each time I see it. Tint looks great too. The only thing that’s bothers me about dark tint is driving at night or using my side view mirrors to back up but love the look during the day. I am thinking of getting the 70% tint for the windshield this time around to block some of the heat coming from the front on bright days. Does it hinder your vision at all at night, also does it help to reduce bright sunlight coming into the front windshield? I had the 15% in all my rear windows of my 7 series and 25% upfront I believe, and the view from the back window was fine at night . Xpel is really good stuff but I wasn’t sure how it would affect the front view of the windshield.

Another thing I was wondering, does it bother you at all that the XM doesn’t have a sun roof, or do you just get used to it? This is my biggest hang up with the vehicle as I never actually open the sunroof but like having the shade open on some days to let the light in.
If you tint fronts to match rears I do have some difficulty seeing in poorly lit areas at night. I have 70% on windshield and have no problems even in those settings so that should be fine. I love the fact that there is no sunroof. I never used it before and like the darkness in the back. Feels like a vault when sitting in the back with lots of privacy because even your head is hidden by pillar when against the seat….
Appreciate 1
Mr.blue241.00
      11-12-2023, 11:07 AM   #65
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.blue View Post

Yes, it is extremely dark while driving at night, so you have to take extreme caution when changing lanes if there are no street lights. I never would have wanted to go this dark, but I really wanted the front two windows to match the rear privacy glass so I did what I had to do. I did put 70% on the windshield and 70% on the rear windows and tailgate. Note the tailgate privacy glass is not nearly as dark, so even with the 70% film on there, it’s very easy to see out of the back - even at night. I may actually make it a little bit darker. The 70% film makes a huge difference on heat reduction while not being obvious that’s it’s even there. I live in Texas, so it makes a world a difference during the summer - even with a dark color. This is my third BMW where I did this kind of window tint all the way around. You absolutely have to get the windshield done because that’s your biggest source of sunlight. 70% is where it’s at because it’s enough to provide the heat protection you want, yet no one will be able to tell there’s even film there.

I rarely drive at night anyway, so this is not an overly huge concern for me. It’s fantastic during the day.

As far as the sunroof goes, it doesn’t really bother me as much as I thought it would. The entire roof on my iX M60 was one large piece of layered glass with an electronic opaque feature to change the darkness, so I got used to not being able to open a sunroof like I could on my M550 and all of my other vehicles before it. The interior LED roof lighting makes a big difference - especially with the angled shaped liner.
Appreciate 1
Mr.blue241.00
      11-24-2023, 02:21 AM   #66
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
VirtualGuitars, I missed this somehow even though you ended up on the front page. I don’t get all the hate on this car and I think yours looks great! Matching the tint was a awesome choice in my opinion. Variation in tint color due to factory privacy glass drives me insane. Even more of an accomplishment considering the 3% factory rears.

Congratulations on your beast and enjoy it in good health!