E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Guys i need help 335i or M3

01-17-2008, 09:14 PM   #45
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

+1^. V2 335i's still can't match M3's not to mention the obvious, they're not Ms.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 09:17 PM   #46
DTM_P0W3R
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche C4-SOLD-

M tri
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 09:18 PM   #47
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

fuck these stupid threads..........wtf do you think? You know which is better. Make up your own damn mind, its YOUR car.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 09:23 PM   #48
Munich_Menace
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: M 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92OMG View Post
...instead of saying i drive a 3 series lol
You don't deserve a BMW; go buy a Lexus...can't even drive a stick you girlie prick
      01-17-2008, 09:28 PM   #49
BK
Smiling politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaMa View Post
I'm sorry, but is anyone else here a parent? Does anyone else think this is insane? This is the kind of thing that makes me want to go buy a clunker myself and sell my BMW.
Don't worry -- of course you're not the only one. The rest of us feel exactly the same way, but we're just tired of saying it.
      01-17-2008, 09:28 PM   #50
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Riss Racing View Post
335i's are putting down 390whp+ with tune, intake, and DP's. You will beat an M3.
in a dumb straight line race............big deal. You loose on every other term: Looks, handling, consistencies and characteristics of an N/A engine, an 8k revving V-8, the transmission, the prestige...................pretty much everything but a straight line race. And thats enough to qualify the M3 as far superior car.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 09:29 PM   #51
aspiring335
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 G05 40i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Ya know, I would not normally comment on this kind of thing but this thread makes me *SICK*. SICK. I am almost 40 years old, have busted my ass all my life for what I have, raised two kids (both teenagers now) and this kid is having his parents buy him a premium car? I would not consider this if I have 2 Bil in the bank. This is why people like Paris Hilton exist.

"Which should I get an M3 or a 335?" Jeez,what sane human being would post this? Especially someone who cant drive a stick? Go test drive them and learn wtf they are about and make your own decision rather than coming on here and asking this kind of question. You deserve to be flamed over and over for this thread.

I'm sorry, but is anyone else here a parent? Does anyone else think this is insane? This is the kind of thing that makes me want to go buy a clunker myself and sell my BMW.

I think Ill go buy a Honda.

J
I'm a parent (OK, she's only six months old, but still) and I would never in a million years buy my child a 335i let alone an M3. It's got nothing to do with money; rather it's about encouraging a sense of self-worth and respect. You can't blame the kid, though, since few of us would have had the willpower to resist at his age.
      01-17-2008, 09:32 PM   #52
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
instead of saying i drive a 3 series lol
hey......panzy..............hey little kid.............the M3 is a 3 series. The RS4 is an A4, the C63..E63...CLS63..SL63...S63...and so on, are all C's E's SL's and S's, the Z06 is a C6, the CTS V is a CTS..............make sense? So no, you are still driving a 3 series.

Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 09:32 PM   #53
urnuts
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '06 330i (the now "slow" bmw)

Uh-huh

Quote:
Ya know, I would not normally comment on this kind of thing but this thread makes me *SICK*. SICK. I am almost 40 years old, have busted my ass all my life for what I have, raised two kids (both teenagers now) and this kid is having his parents buy him a premium car? I would not consider this if I have 2 Bil in the bank. This is why people like Paris Hilton exist.

"Which should I get an M3 or a 335?" Jeez,what sane human being would post this? Especially someone who cant drive a stick? Go test drive them and learn wtf they are about and make your own decision rather than coming on here and asking this kind of question. You deserve to be flamed over and over for this thread.

I think Ill go buy a Honda.

J
I'm 42.
You know, the poster doesn't bug me, really- what's he expected to say "no thanks, Dad, I need to hone my skills on that Accord..." Of course not.
It's his parents that are freaking irresponsible morons. Money and brains have nothing to do with each other.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 09:34 PM   #54
urnuts
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '06 330i (the now "slow" bmw)

Yup-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlo335 View Post
Wrong way to ask that question. I think you're gonna piss some people off... Just my guess though....

BTW, not trying to hate... but trying to help you.... I learned that being humble really helps
I'm one of them.
Unreal.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 09:34 PM   #55
lvwirelessguy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, 2012 Golf TDI

Garage List
2005 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Riss Racing View Post
335i's are putting down 390whp+ with tune, intake, and DP's. You will beat an M3.
Better just to get a stock M3 thats a superior overall performer. and of course its an M3
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 09:36 PM   #56
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by urnuts View Post
Money and brains have nothing to do with each other.
+1,000,000,000................money and class have NOTHING to do with eachother either.......dont think so? Then just look at Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, and Richard Branson

Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 09:37 PM   #57
lvwirelessguy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, 2012 Golf TDI

Garage List
2005 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
hey......panzy..............hey little kid.............the M3 is a 3 series. The RS4 is an A4, the C63..E63...CLS63..SL63...S63...and so on, are all C's E's SL's and S's, the Z06 is a C6, the CTS V is a CTS..............make sense? So no, you are still driving a 3 series.
Keep telling yourself that to justify your purchase. An M3 is in a different league, same thing with M5 & M6. Inside and out the cars are very different.

A 335i is part of the same family, thats about it.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 09:38 PM   #58
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiring335 View Post
few of us would have had the willpower to resist at his age.
no one would. But im friends with someone whos even younger then I am who got a 335 as his first car and he sure as hell realizes where it came from, what it took his parents to get it, and not to flaunt it among other things.

Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 09:41 PM   #59
Zeiss
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bicycle

What's wrong with a prius as a first car?
IBTL.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 09:42 PM   #60
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvwirelessguy View Post
Keep telling yourself that to justify your purchase. An M3 is in a different league, same thing with M5 & M6. Inside and out the cars are very different.

A 335i is part of the same family, thats about it.
why dont you read one of my posts that is just a few posts up buddy......the one to Adam@RissRacing. Im not justifying any purchase pal, I've had a brand new 996 TT, 8 BMW's with 3 current ones, 4 Mercedes, a Jaguar, and a Rolls Royce Silver Spur (bought brand new in the 80's) sit in my garages, all bought and all new.......so no, Im not one of those 335 fan boys who thinks the 335 is best just because they cant afford an M3.

Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 09:44 PM   #61
e92OMG
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: soon to be 08 M3

Quote:

J
ehm dont insult my parents just because i asked about a car YES im in my right mind to come in here and ask you guys for your opinion not get flammed because i want a car if you had a choice at my age what would you guys do??? If you had a choice between a honda accord or a 3 series or an M3 what would you do at the age of 16??? really you would chose the honda?? i disagree if your mature enouph to handle a car and drive with a sense of maturity why dont you deserve a car? dont flame me because i want these cars. Dont insult my parents WHO allow me to have this car unlike my other siblings who own a eclipse as there first car for being stupid. they have had 5 children and have taken many in THEY dont raise any spoiled brat.

I respect you guys that are older then me and own bmw's thats why i ask for YOUR opinion! And to the guy that said " Dont know how to drive a stick you girlie prick" grow up and look back on your past DID you know how to drive a stick at the age of 16?? if you did more power to you but i dident learn to drive when i was 13.

Ive decided after studying a bit and learning im going ot get an AW M3 2008 and hopefully love it. My father convinced me ^.^. thank you guys who have given me great advice
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 09:49 PM   #62
CarbonBeast
Canada
Rep
Drives: E39 M5 (RIP), E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by urnuts View Post
I'm 42.
You know, the poster doesn't bug me, really- what's he expected to say "no thanks, Dad, I need to hone my skills on that Accord..." Of course not.
It's his parents that are freaking irresponsible morons. Money and brains have nothing to do with each other.
+1, everyone wants to flame the OP, but really, it's the parents that need a smackdown.

I am old, with two kids... they are getting econoboxes with wheezer engines and nothing else until they learn how to drive. When either of my kids can show me a proper line, clutchless downshift and left-foot threshold braking then I "might" consider getting something better. Until then they don't need it.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 09:51 PM   #63
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

I definitely know they aren't buying it for you because of your academic success hah.............or in layman's terms, your not getting it because of good grades and such. Learn to type and create paragraphs and sentences first........geez, and you want to drive a stick too?!

Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 09:55 PM   #64
akack79
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 M3 ZCP

If my parents wanted to buy me a 50K-70K car when I was in high school, I guess I would reluctantly accept. Sure hope the OP is thankful that he is in this position.
      01-17-2008, 09:56 PM   #65
JaMa
Boost Freak
Rep
Drives: 2008 VW R32

Quote:
ehm dont insult my parents just because i asked about a car YES im in my right mind to come in here and ask you guys for your opinion not get flammed because i want a car if you had a choice at my age what would you guys do??? If you had a choice between a honda accord or a 3 series or an M3 what would you do at the age of 16??? really you would chose the honda?? i disagree if your mature enouph to handle a car and drive with a sense of maturity why dont you deserve a car? dont flame me because i want these cars. Dont insult my parents WHO allow me to have this car unlike my other siblings who own a eclipse as there first car for being stupid. they have had 5 children and have taken many in THEY dont raise any spoiled brat.

I respect you guys that are older then me and own bmw's thats why i ask for YOUR opinion! And to the guy that said " Dont know how to drive a stick you girlie prick" grow up and look back on your past DID you know how to drive a stick at the age of 16?? if you did more power to you but i dident learn to drive when i was 13.

Ive decided after studying a bit and learning im going ot get an AW M3 2008 and hopefully love it. My father convinced me ^.^. thank you guys who have given me great advice
There is no question in my mind that you are in fact a spoiled brat and your parents are creating a complete monster by purchasing a "toy" for their "baby" because they are blinded by their love for a child and not realizing that what they are really doing is giving you the impression that its ok to have them hand you things and not work for it.

In addition to this, your post makes me and a number of other people mad here because it is not literate. A CAPITAL letter goes at the beginning of a sentence. Sentences have subjects and verbs, as well as a piece of punctuation at the end. This is probably a fairly educated crew in here and your writing manner in this forum caused your flaming I am sure to a great extent. Learn to write and people will probably not cut you down so badly.

As for your M3, good for you. However, it sounds like what you really need is not a car but in fact a healthy dose of common sense.

J
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 09:59 PM   #66
Island Snow
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: SKG

Honestly a 328i would be a logical choice for your situation.