E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Guys i need help 335i or M3

01-19-2008, 03:28 PM   #111
aspiring335
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 G05 40i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90fanatic View Post
i never understand why people have such negative reaction to parents buying cars for their kids....is it because their parents wouldn't or couldn't? i mean...who cares? yea you had a shitty car back in the days but it doesn't mean others don't deserve it. Just don't abuse it. When I was going to buy my first car, my parents told me I can only get a Ford Focus. That's when all my friends had S4, 3 series, WRX, STi...etc. But ended up with a Volvo S60 T5. I loved the car. I took care of it as much as I can. What's the problem with parents buying cars? lol...and yes now Im earning money and was going to buy M5 few months ago but ended up buying an all-optioned 335. I'm 26 btw. For those giving negative comments, give this kid a break.
I think hard work leading to large rewards is one of the primary drivers of our economy. I've founded three start-up businesses, and in every case I'd prefer to hire people for whom the risk / reward quotient really means something. It's not true in every case, but kids who've been given whatever they want at 16 years old are highly unlikely to be driven to succeed on their own terms. Sure, I'll give this kid a break in the sense that I won't judge him for accepting a great car from his parents, but my point is that his parents aren't doing him any favours.

Teenagers, no matter what anyone says, are almost never mature enough to learn the value of things if every whim is indulged. Fine, perhaps these same teenagers will never need to work for a living, but as a consequence they're unlikely to develop much respect for themselves or from others. And without wanting to get all Oprah-esque, they may have a blast in their teens and early 20s, but it's doubtful they'll ever feel fulfilled or truly successful in the long term.
      01-19-2008, 07:36 PM   #112
e92OMG
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: soon to be 08 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92drivver View Post
Something the OP should consider is new Ms have long waiting lists and typically go for a premium for the first couple years. If he cancels his soon-to-be delivered 335 he may be on a waiting list for over a year before his dealer can get him an M3. And he may be paying more than MSRP meaning there could be more than the 6k difference he figured based on M3 MSRP figures.
your exactly right i went to the dealer today and was surprised to hear my dealer say a year and a half though my father convinced me to wait. Also it will be over what my idea of the price was gonna be with options but no matter what i said my father would not go for the 335i haha i dont know why . So i will be out of a amazing car over the summer but i will driving my brothers old eclipse till then its no 335i or m3 but from what some of you guys are saying id figure it will just make me appreciate my future car to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calleballe View Post
This tread is silly. Please close this down.

If your parents gets you a car, great. BUT until you can buy your own things, don't judge any other options. Besides, If you have not driven a Manual, get a VW GTI as your first and learn to use it.
I wish i could close this thread down lol dident know it would get this big and i was orignaly get an r32 I WAS EXTATIC because it was in my budget for my first car but then when my father drove a 335i he was like you can do so much better. I was sad though cuz i love hatchbacks .

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y View Post
uhhh.......a M3 is a 3 series.

and so are the 315, 318, 320, 325, 328, 330, 335, etc...........
he is right no offense to all those that disagree i see your point lol but isnt it a better version 3 series thats jsut what M is right?? m6 looks like modded 6 series with a bigger engine m5 is the same sooo ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90fanatic View Post
A kid that's 16 years old don't need a M3 now as 335 (Forced induction) does the job already and you can always mod it easily compared to the M3 (Natural Aspired). If he chose the M3 now, what'd he go with when he's 20 or 24 or 26....etc...?? Same reason why I didn't get the M5. What'll be my next car? I'm only 26 and if I got a M5, I know I won't be happy with lesser cars later. Take it step by step, you'll enjoy it either way.
I thought the same thing but i cant just pass it up. It will make me angry everytime i see a car that i could have had and im stuck with lets say the old car i was gonna get r32 example: i was gonna get an r32 at that time i wanted a 135i or a r32 base price was the same and the r32 had no options had less horse power but it was amazing but then i thought what if i pull up next to 135i and look at it with regret that i could have had somthing that was beyond the level of an r32 for the same price. frustrates me why setttle for a worst car for the same price.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2008, 11:24 PM   #113
e90fanatic
Absolute0
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Has a Roundel

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92OMG View Post
your exactly right i went to the dealer today and was surprised to hear my dealer say a year and a half though my father convinced me to wait. Also it will be over what my idea of the price was gonna be with options but no matter what i said my father would not go for the 335i haha i dont know why . So i will be out of a amazing car over the summer but i will driving my brothers old eclipse till then its no 335i or m3 but from what some of you guys are saying id figure it will just make me appreciate my future car to be.

I wish i could close this thread down lol dident know it would get this big and i was orignaly get an r32 I WAS EXTATIC because it was in my budget for my first car but then when my father drove a 335i he was like you can do so much better. I was sad though cuz i love hatchbacks .

he is right no offense to all those that disagree i see your point lol but isnt it a better version 3 series thats jsut what M is right?? m6 looks like modded 6 series with a bigger engine m5 is the same sooo ya.

I thought the same thing but i cant just pass it up. It will make me angry everytime i see a car that i could have had and im stuck with lets say the old car i was gonna get r32 example: i was gonna get an r32 at that time i wanted a 135i or a r32 base price was the same and the r32 had no options had less horse power but it was amazing but then i thought what if i pull up next to 135i and look at it with regret that i could have had somthing that was beyond the level of an r32 for the same price. frustrates me why setttle for a worst car for the same price.
not sure what kinda dealer you spoke to but 335 is not the same price range as M3 for sure. As for wanting a better car...good luck...it'll never end
      01-19-2008, 11:50 PM   #114
brtnrdr1x
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: by u w/ the finger ;)

do the 335...either way u go...u should kind of drive stick LMAO...I'm young myself Im turning 19 and I'm picking up my 335xi sedan in a month, fuly loaded basically, premium, sport, nav, heated seats ECT...don't jump to the m3 if you don't drive stick trust me haha, I learned stick 2 years ago and I have tried a lot of cars out, evo's, sti's, 350z's, g35, 335...and ell u the truth turbo'd cars feel a lot smoooother, than s big straight engine, and plus if it's only a basic m3 your not gona like it as much as the 335.

MODS: 5% tint / JUN-TW roof spoiler / 8000K Oracle xenon(lows) / 3000K JDM Luminics fogs / Smoked tails / Full LED interior;puddles;back-ups
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2008, 11:54 PM   #115
ScheerSpeed
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 Estoril M-Sport 335i

M3!!!!

just think, you have the //M!! its much beter than just any other 3 series.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2008, 08:46 PM   #116
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92OMG View Post
ehm dont insult my parents just because i asked about a car YES im in my right mind to come in here and ask you guys for your opinion not get flammed because i want a car if you had a choice at my age what would you guys do??? If you had a choice between a honda accord or a 3 series or an M3 what would you do at the age of 16??? really you would chose the honda?? i disagree if your mature enouph to handle a car and drive with a sense of maturity why dont you deserve a car? dont flame me because i want these cars. Dont insult my parents WHO allow me to have this car unlike my other siblings who own a eclipse as there first car for being stupid. they have had 5 children and have taken many in THEY dont raise any spoiled brat.

I respect you guys that are older then me and own bmw's thats why i ask for YOUR opinion! And to the guy that said " Dont know how to drive a stick you girlie prick" grow up and look back on your past DID you know how to drive a stick at the age of 16?? if you did more power to you but i dident learn to drive when i was 13.

Ive decided after studying a bit and learning im going ot get an AW M3 2008 and hopefully love it. My father convinced me ^.^. thank you guys who have given me great advice
This is a bunch of bullshat. My dad gave me a choice to drive a BMW or a Honda when we were looking at cars when I was 16. Deep down I wanted that 3 series, but you know what? I picked the Civic. Yeah, I dunno what you're talking about.

I don't feel the least bit of regret. That Civic was amazing in every way. Had a lot of fun driving and learning its limits (which were well within safe reach).
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2008, 12:14 PM   #117
adamr
Major
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3 RS

Garage List
get the M3 ... thing is if you get the 335i and alwys see an M3, you would be ...dman i should have gotten the M3, so save yourself the pain and just get the ///M

2007 Porsche 997 GT3 RS
|PCM with NAV and GSM|Roll Cage|PCCB|Xenons|Sports Chrono Plus|PASM|Leather Pack|Silver Seat-belts|
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2008, 12:16 PM   #118
Pimp Star
Captain
Rep
Drives: E39 M5

Debadged 335i and spend the $10-20 grand price difference on mods (PROcede, better tires, better/lighter rims, exhaust, suspension...). Just my 2 cents. But; you'll basically end up with a car that is equal to an M3, so, you could just get the ///M.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2008, 12:36 PM   #119
EDK99
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E85 M

Wonder if the OP is going to get the Honda now. Once again fast cars and teens don't go together. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110099
      01-28-2008, 02:01 PM   #120
FastLane
Live life in this lane....
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi

Fast cars and RESPONSIBLE teens go together. Now whether responsible and teen go together is another question.

If you wanna modifiy, go for the 335.

If you wanna stay stock, go for the M3.

If you wanna have the fastest car on the road (regardless of weather conditions), shell out the loot for a NISSAN GTR!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2008, 02:44 PM   #121
jasonn
JDM Slut
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e90 335i

Garage List
god the op is such a girl. just get a bike and get it over with.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2008, 02:55 PM   #122
AoshichanX
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black e90 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonn View Post
god the op is such a girl. just get a bike and get it over with.
+1
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2008, 03:03 PM   #123
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

you will be hard pressed to find a m3 at a dealer at msrp and be able to take delivery now. there is a long list you need to get on it. if you are getting m3 then then you will have to wait, if you want the 335i, you can have it now.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2008, 04:40 PM   #124
rcmcfe
Private
Rep
Drives: A car..duh

What a load...

Sounds like your dad is buying an M3 for himself, and maybe you'll get a chance to wash it on the weekends...
Appreciate 0