F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > LED Fogs + 50w Brake LEDs
GetBMWParts

01-17-2016, 12:41 PM   #155
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinf79
Quote:
Originally Posted by 963mw View Post
Hahah it's per bulb. I guess you pay extra $ for warranty.
So just so that I'm clear... I only need to swap out bulbs # 1 & 2 (per the manual)?

Attachment 1348614
Yupp if you plan on changing the rear fog lights + brake lights.
      01-17-2016, 07:45 PM   #156
Jhero
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: W40 LBB M2 DCT

Quote:
That's odd. On European cars, rear fog lights coding is NSL. Did you code that or another module? I believe that's the module to code, not BFD. Lemme know if that does the trick.
That was exactly it. NSL coded to not check cold, warm, and have led on. Now everything is perfect. Thank you
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2016, 10:07 AM   #157
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhero
Quote:
That's odd. On European cars, rear fog lights coding is NSL. Did you code that or another module? I believe that's the module to code, not BFD. Lemme know if that does the trick.
That was exactly it. NSL coded to not check cold, warm, and have led on. Now everything is perfect. Thank you
Anytime man. Enjoy!
      02-23-2016, 03:11 PM   #158
DJ Rocc
Major
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i Gran Coupe (2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabreigns View Post
Yes they do have some glare but I don't drive with them on until I get to a countryside. The do come on when I turn as I have adaptive headlamps. I think I was expecting a huge improvement but I think I was wrong. LED in reflector lamps are not the best combination unless they come stock and the optics have been done right. Honestly there is no way of measuring the lumen output of what is claimed on the box of 3000 lumen.
I didn't need a resistor or Canbus for these leds though. Which is great! Only coding to enable LEDs. I am still going to see how it does over the week. If I am not happy guess I will go back to stock halogen as nothing can be done except go to OEM LCI LED fog lamps.
Any long term report on these Gabreigns? Did you stick with them? I have on order the 8th Generation 7000Lumen, wanted to get your opinion.
My Ride! : 2015 428i GC (F36) - MSport, Alpine, Black Leather, MBrakes, Adaptive, Sport Seats, Hex. Alum w/Piano, HK Sound, 400m's, Comfort Acc. When I知 not Driving: https://youtube.com/shorts/ViKD_Hj5htE?feature=share
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 03:27 PM   #159
Gabreigns
Major
Rep
Drives: F3x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Rocc
Quote:
Yes they do have some glare but I don't drive with them on until I get to a countryside. The do come on when I turn as I have adaptive headlamps. I think I was expecting a huge improvement but I think I was wrong. LED in reflector lamps are not the best combination unless they come stock and the optics have been done right. Honestly there is no way of measuring the lumen output of what is claimed on the box of 3000 lumen.
I didn't need a resistor or Canbus for these leds though. Which is great! Only coding to enable LEDs. I am still going to see how it does over the week. If I am not happy guess I will go back to stock halogen as nothing can be done except go to OEM LCI LED fog lamps.
Any long term report on these Gabreigns? Did you stick with them? I have on order the 8th Generation 7000Lumen, wanted to get your opinion.
Honestly and this is strictly my opinion. They were bright but not focused. I decided to buy OEM led fog light housing instead and have been happy with the change.
Appreciate 2
      02-23-2016, 03:31 PM   #160
Gabreigns
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabreigns
Quote:
Quote:
Honestly and this is strictly my opinion. They were bright but not focused. I decided to buy OEM led fog light housing instead and have been happy with the change.
LCI Led fog light beam pattern. Notice how focused they look?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      02-23-2016, 05:26 PM   #161
DJ Rocc
Major
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Ok cool they look great, glad that you are happy! I need a wide dispersement so i can see the potholes. Hopefully they will be OK for me?
My Ride! : 2015 428i GC (F36) - MSport, Alpine, Black Leather, MBrakes, Adaptive, Sport Seats, Hex. Alum w/Piano, HK Sound, 400m's, Comfort Acc. When I知 not Driving: https://youtube.com/shorts/ViKD_Hj5htE?feature=share
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 05:28 PM   #162
DJ Rocc
Major
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Was it difficult to install the LCI Housing?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 05:28 PM   #163
Gabreigns
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Ok cool they look great, glad that you are happy! I need a wide dispersement so i can see the potholes. Hopefully they will be OK for me?
I certainly think so at the slight risk of glare to others. The photo is what they might end up
Looking like.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      02-23-2016, 05:35 PM   #164
Gabreigns
Major
Rep

Not at all. One of the forum members did a great job on a DIY that I followed. Fairly simple.
DIY - Led Fog (F32 to F30) Install Only!! http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1027300
Instead of taking the front wheels off I just turned the wheels all the way.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 05:36 PM   #165
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabreigns
Quote:
Quote:
I certainly think so at the slight risk of glare to others. The photo is what they might end up
Looking like.
That's the perfect way to describe it. The glare is minimal (as much as Halogen bulbs IMO unless you are standing at the car's 10 o'clock and are leveled as the fog light. That being said, the housing of the fog lights is not ideal, it spreads the light to the side rather than straight. A new generation has been released with an adjustable base, will most likely get it very soon and try it out. Probably the last step before retrofitting OEM LED fog lights.
      02-23-2016, 10:01 PM   #166
DJ Rocc
Major
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Not at all. One of the forum members did a great job on a DIY that I followed. Fairly simple.
DIY - Led Fog (F32 to F30) Install Only!! http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1027300
Instead of taking the front wheels off I just turned the wheels all the way.
Sounds great, good info to have!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 10:10 PM   #167
DJ Rocc
Major
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
That's the perfect way to describe it. The glare is minimal (as much as Halogen bulbs IMO unless you are standing at the car's 10 o'clock and are leveled as the fog light. That being said, the housing of the fog lights is not ideal, it spreads the light to the side rather than straight. A new generation has been released with an adjustable base, will most likely get it very soon and try it out. Probably the last step before retrofitting OEM LED fog lights.
Lol and most people wont be at the same level as the fog lighht.

I have these halogens in the fogs now, so the LED should match better and should be brighter?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2016, 04:39 AM   #168
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Rocc View Post
Lol and most people wont be at the same level as the fog lighht.

I have these halogens in the fogs now, so the LED should match better and should be brighter?
Yupp. I've tried the color halogens for a while and they were terrible. LEDs are much better, and depending on which generation you get, you control the pattern + glare properties of the light. Older generations tend to produce much much more noticeable glare.
      03-04-2016, 10:30 AM   #169
DJ Rocc
Major
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Yupp. I've tried the color halogens for a while and they were terrible. LEDs are much better, and depending on which generation you get, you control the pattern + glare properties of the light. Older generations tend to produce much much more noticeable glare.
Hey there installed the LED Fogs with your help of course Thank you! They are great, they are the JDM ASTAR 8th Generation Fogs.

Did the Minor Coding, but still getting every so slight flicker from them for about 5 minutes after shutdown. The JDM do have a Driver Attachment.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2016, 10:31 AM   #170
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Hey there installed the LED Fogs with your help of course Thank you! They are great, they are the JSM 8th Generation Fogs.

Did the Minor Coding, but still getting every so slight flicker from them for about 5 minutes after shutdown. The JSM do have a Driver Attachment.
Can you please post a picture of the lights? A google search didn't return a result of what lights you have.
      03-04-2016, 09:20 PM   #171
DJ Rocc
Major
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Can you please post a picture of the lights? A google search didn't return a result of what lights you have.
Sorry, I had corrected then to JDM Astar 8th Generation, inhad said JSM by mistake.

These are them: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...ilpage_o02_s00
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2016, 09:30 PM   #172
DJ Rocc
Major
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Advanced Fog Light Coding:

3061 NSW_L_UE_SPG_SCHUTZ -> Dimmed
3061 NSW_R_UE_SPG_SCHUTZ -> Dimmed

3062 MAPPING_ABBIEGEL_R_PWM_LEVEL_1 -> 100% : Adjusting voltage output for Front Right LED Fog light.
3063 MAPPING_NEBELSCHW_R_PWM_LEVEL_1 -> 100% : Adjusting voltage output for Front Right LED Fog light.

3062 MAPPING_ABBIEGEL_L_PWM_LEVEL_1 -> 100% : Adjusting voltage output for Front Left LED Fog light.
3063 MAPPING_NEBELSCHW_L_PWM_LEVEL_1 -> 100% : Adjusting voltage output for Front Left LED Fog light.

Will any of the codes above adjust the brightnesss of an LED bulb? What do these codes do?: 3061 NSW_L_UE_SPG_SCHUTZ -> Dimmed
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2016, 01:30 AM   #173
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Advanced Fog Light Coding:

3061 NSW_L_UE_SPG_SCHUTZ -> Dimmed

3062 MAPPING_ABBIEGEL_R_PWM_LEVEL_1 -> 100% : Adjusting voltage output for Front Right LED Fog light.
3063 MAPPING_NEBELSCHW_R_PWM_LEVEL_1 -> 100% : Adjusting voltage output for Front Right LED Fog light.

3062 MAPPING_ABBIEGEL_L_PWM_LEVEL_1 -> 100% : Adjusting voltage output for Front Left LED Fog light.
3063 MAPPING_NEBELSCHW_L_PWM_LEVEL_1 -> 100% : Adjusting voltage output for Front Left LED Fog light.

Will any of the codes above adjust the brightnesss of an LED bulb? What do these codes do?: 3061 NSW_L_UE_SPG_SCHUTZ -> Dimmed
Usually you don't need to dive into such coding. I'd suggest buying CanBus wires from your sellers and they should fix up your problem. That's usually the fix to any LED flickering issue.

Edit: Just realized you said they flicker about 5 minutes after shutdown. I think that's somewhat normal, if you want try out the coding, it might solve it, it might not. But the reason they flicker I believe, is the car starts shutting off terminals 5 minutes after turning off, so one of the "pulses" the car sends, sets it off. You could solve it with the CanBus wires, as it has resistors in it which would prevent such flickering.

On another note, how's the beam pattern? I know this generation allows you to adjust the base of the light to your liking.

Last edited by 963mw; 03-05-2016 at 05:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2016, 08:22 AM   #174
DJ Rocc
Major
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Usually you don't need to dive into such coding. I'd suggest buying CanBus wires from your sellers and they should fix up your problem. That's usually the fix to any LED flickering issue.

Edit: Just realized you said they flicker about 5 minutes after shutdown. I think that's somewhat normal, if you want try out the coding, it might solve it, it might not. But the reason they flicker I believe, is the car starts shutting off terminals 5 minutes after turning off, so one of the "pulses" the car sends, sets it off. You could solve it with the CanBus wires, as it has resistors in it which would prevent such flickering.

On another note, how's the beam pattern? I know this generation allows you to adjust the base of the light to your liking.
Hey thanks for your help, could you point me in the right direction to correct canbus wires/load resistors? Thought the LED Driver would have taken care of everything.

The beam pattern is very good, with the bulb positioned where the led's are shining directly left and right seems to work best. Yes the adjustability is a nice feature in these, and they are VERY bright! Thats why I was wondering if dimming them a little would be possible or not, lol.
Appreciate 1
      03-05-2016, 12:04 PM   #175
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Hey thanks for your help, could you point me in the right direction to correct canbus wires/load resistors? Thought the LED Driver would have taken care of everything.

The beam pattern is very good, with the bulb positioned where the led's are shining directly left and right seems to work best. Yes the adjustability is a nice feature in these, and they are VERY bright! Thats why I was wondering if dimming them a little would be possible or not, lol.
Any resistors would do, but I just get all of my items from HorizonLED, specially their CanBus cables. They have consistently been amazing to work with with solid products. Looks like I need to upgrade my lights and try these out.
      03-05-2016, 01:05 PM   #176
DJ Rocc
Major
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Any resistors would do, but I just get all of my items from HorizonLED, specially their CanBus cables. They have consistently been amazing to work with with solid products. Looks like I need to upgrade my lights and try these out.
Ok cool. It doesnt really bother me too much so probably will jist leave it. it is just a slight flickering at shutdown for exactly 3 minutes, then turns off, so not that bad.
Appreciate 0