BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) Berger says Webber tried to take out Rivals

10-27-2010, 09:44 AM   #23
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookerM3 View Post
Just consider for one moment, you are leading the championship with 3 races
to go and you made what might be decisive mistake that could cost you the
championship. (and this might be your last shot at ever doing so) You might
at least consider taking out a rival.
Not at the risk of my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the///Mthree View Post
This may be true BUT Nico never expected Mark to come back across the track, generally at this level of racing guys are smart enough to lock the brakes after they crash because they know it makes their path more predictable for other drivers.
Watch the video, he doesn't make his turn until after webbers moving, though he might just be turning for the next corner. Really he was screwed either way, in the wet you can't make an effective avoidance maneuver without likely spinning yourself.
      10-27-2010, 10:27 AM   #24
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Similar to what BookerM3 mentioned earlier. What I'm about to say could probably be taken into a whole new discussion. So I'll try to keep it stated plainly as to not derail my own thread.

Would you risk your life to become WDC in Formula 1?

Because that is what is at stake for Webber. This could possibly be his only shot at it, and I'm sure he has already decided for himself whether he would risk his life trying to do it or not. Based on his interviews, and his willingness to do whatever it takes to win (putting himself before his teammate, being a bit selfish, etc. all stated in BBC interviews during pre-race shows) I would say he has already decided that he would risk his life to win.
      10-27-2010, 12:22 PM   #25
JB135MDCT
I'm just a cook
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
Similar to what BookerM3 mentioned earlier. What I'm about to say could probably be taken into a whole new discussion. So I'll try to keep it stated plainly as to not derail my own thread.

Would you risk your life to become WDC in Formula 1?

Because that is what is at stake for Webber. This could possibly be his only shot at it, and I'm sure he has already decided for himself whether he would risk his life trying to do it or not. Based on his interviews, and his willingness to do whatever it takes to win (putting himself before his teammate, being a bit selfish, etc. all stated in BBC interviews during pre-race shows) I would say he has already decided that he would risk his life to win.
YES. All F1 drivers do in every race.

Who is selfish? Weber should be #1 driver to gaurantee victory, instead Redbull owner favors boyfriend Vetel. What if team orders directed Weber to crash out, now thats a whole different story. If so, it is Red Bull that should be scrutinized. Weber attacks need to stop.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2010, 12:25 PM   #26
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Sounds like something I would do in F1-2010 game...
More like what I actually do in F1 2010. FUCK Hamilton
      10-27-2010, 12:52 PM   #27
Serious
1M advocate
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 S4. 2011 M3. 2012 S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookerM3 View Post
It may not be a popular opinion, but I kind of agree with Berger.

When I watched the race the first thing I thought when Webber rolled across
the track was that it was intentional. With as much experience as Weber has
to forget to lock up and roll across the track seems unlikely. This was why
Nico choose to pass the incident on the side that he did.

I'd love to see the brake data out of Webber's car.
actually watching it again... it appears he cranks in a bit of steering after the crash to drive it across the track right into the path of rosberg... whether or not it was intentional to hit another car or just get the car turned around so he can limp to the pits is the controversy, but it's pretty peculiar ill admit that.

10-27-2010, 04:26 PM   #28
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB135MDCT View Post
Who is selfish? Weber should be #1 driver to gaurantee victory, instead Redbull owner favors boyfriend Vetel. What if team orders directed Weber to crash out, now thats a whole different story. If so, it is Red Bull that should be scrutinized. Weber attacks need to stop.
Calm down.

There was nothing critical of Webber in my post. I clearly stated that the few lines that you consider to be a Webber attack are from an interview between Jake Humphrey and Mark Webber during a Pre-Race show. Webber himself admits that if it comes down to it, he would be a bit selfish within the team in order to win. I would encourage you to reread my post fully.

If anything, its not Webber that this forum needs to lighten up on. Most people love Webber.
      10-27-2010, 08:58 PM   #29
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

Being a former racer and having similar offs....I can say that things happen very quickly. i can totally see things spinning our of control and before you come to your senses. To think that Webber actually purposely rolled back is ridiculous. We all know Gerhard Berger has a grudge against the RBR organization and this is just his way of starting shit.
      10-28-2010, 10:28 AM   #30
JB135MDCT
I'm just a cook
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
Calm down.

There was nothing critical of Webber in my post. I clearly stated that the few lines that you consider to be a Webber attack are from an interview between Jake Humphrey and Mark Webber during a Pre-Race show. Webber himself admits that if it comes down to it, he would be a bit selfish within the team in order to win. I would encourage you to reread my post fully.

If anything, its not Webber that this forum needs to lighten up on. Most people love Webber.
Sorry, I was not directing this to you but to BBC, Berger, etc. Just venting.

Calm now. Weber will be champion.

Last edited by JB135MDCT; 10-28-2010 at 11:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 10:35 AM   #31
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANdaddy View Post
Being a former racer and having similar offs....I can say that things happen very quickly. i can totally see things spinning our of control and before you come to your senses. To think that Webber actually purposely rolled back is ridiculous. We all know Gerhard Berger has a grudge against the RBR organization and this is just his way of starting shit.
What series did you run in?

My dad said the same thing that you did about going off track. He ran in Trans AM and grand am back in the day.

Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 06:23 PM   #32
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
What series did you run in?

My dad said the same thing that you did about going off track. He ran in Trans AM and grand am back in the day.
NASA and BMW CCA. I also raced professionally in the AMA back in the day.
      10-30-2010, 12:54 PM   #33
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

No idea what MW was doing but one thing I DO know is that Gerhard Berger is a MASSIVE douchebag and anything he says is likely bullshit. Keep that in mind.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2010, 05:29 PM   #34
Javi335
Troll but nice
Spain
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

bullshit. Webber is a gentleman out and in of the tracks
There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2010, 03:33 PM   #35
MontegoblueE92
Captain
Rep
Drives: It Like He Stole It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi335 View Post
bullshit. Webber is a gentleman out and in of the tracks
I'm gonna have to call bullshit on that. Webber is one of the most needlessly over-aggressive drivers when it comes to people passing him. From someone who is head of the GPDA I think he is terrible. He's had plenty of issues this year but even in years passed he's pulled moves that should have been penalized and somehow he gets away with it. Look at Brazil '09, he pulled a double move on Kimi and broke his wing and went on to win. I'm a fan of F1 in general and try to support everyone even though I'm an Alonso fan at heart, but I absolutely cannot stand Mark Webber and I will be extremely disappointed if he wins the crown this year as I feel he is the most undeserving of the WDC candidates. Hell, he couldn't even win a race until he was given the best car by a mile. I'm sorry, but he sucks.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2010, 08:59 AM   #36
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontegoblueE92 View Post
I'm gonna have to call bullshit on that. Webber is one of the most needlessly over-aggressive drivers when it comes to people passing him. From someone who is head of the GPDA I think he is terrible. He's had plenty of issues this year but even in years passed he's pulled moves that should have been penalized and somehow he gets away with it. Look at Brazil '09, he pulled a double move on Kimi and broke his wing and went on to win. I'm a fan of F1 in general and try to support everyone even though I'm an Alonso fan at heart, but I absolutely cannot stand Mark Webber and I will be extremely disappointed if he wins the crown this year as I feel he is the most undeserving of the WDC candidates. Hell, he couldn't even win a race until he was given the best car by a mile. I'm sorry, but he sucks.
He learned that from DC....a car wrecker...
      11-01-2010, 11:36 AM   #37
JB135MDCT
I'm just a cook
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontegoblueE92 View Post
I will not argue with someone who favors Alonso "The Cheater".

Last edited by JB135MDCT; 11-01-2010 at 10:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2010, 08:29 PM   #38
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2006 MINI Cooper S GP  [0.00]
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
2008 E82  [0.00]
An F1 driver crashing on purpose ... NEVER!!!!

11-01-2010, 11:22 PM   #39
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
An F1 driver crashing on purpose ... NEVER!!!!

Neh...as Nelson piquet jr ... He could've crash everywhere
      11-01-2010, 11:48 PM   #40
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB135MDCT View Post
I will not argue with someone who favors Alonso "The Cheater".
If you think Alonso is the only "cheater" out there, you need to open your eyes.... or at least take a peek at the history of motor racing in general.
      11-02-2010, 11:52 AM   #41
JB135MDCT
I'm just a cook
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
If you think Alonso is the only "cheater" out there, you need to open your eyes.... or at least take a peek at the history of motor racing in general.
Who said he is the only one?

Regards to F1 drivers, he is at the top my list. He is also Flavio's boy. Where's Flavio?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 01:18 PM   #42
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
If you think Alonso is the only "cheater" out there, you need to open your eyes....
He's the Tiger Woods of cheaters . Well, it's a toss up between him and Schumi... if you include his 'history' before his comeback. Both of them are WAY higher than the next one.
Appreciate 0