BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Recommended Rear Seat Covers for Kids?

10-04-2020, 09:10 AM   #1
heybunger
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Garage List
Recommended Rear Seat Covers for Kids?

Looking for something to cover my rear bench seats while my kids are young and messy - thin enough to catch dirt and crumbs but not so thick that I can't safely put car seats over it.

Bonus if you also have recommendations for storage covers that cover the back of the front seats to protect from toddler feet.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 12:47 PM   #2
yxc145
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

I was hoping someone would provide some suggestions. I have been searching for awhile, too. Mainly to protect the 2nd row bench seat. I don't think there is anything out there that fits well and still allow separate folding/moving. Someone in China may try to come up with some thing as I type.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 01:02 PM   #3
heybunger
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by yxc145 View Post
I was hoping someone would provide some suggestions. I have been searching for awhile, too. Mainly to protect the 2nd row bench seat. I don't think there is anything out there that fits well and still allow separate folding/moving. Someone in China may try to come up with some thing as I type.
I ended up ordering this one - will post a review once I have it installed.
https://www.weathertech.com/bmw/2019...mId=2112606606

I'm still searching for a seat back cover/organizer that doesn't interfere with the accessory port on the back of the driver/passenger seats.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 01:28 PM   #4
yxc145
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybunger View Post

I'm still searching for a seat back cover/organizer that doesn't interfere with the accessory port on the back of the driver/passenger seats.
I saw this, but isn't it one piece? Can you move/fold only right or left seat with it on?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 03:25 PM   #5
yxc145
Captain
United_States
Rep

found this. Looks to be perfect fit and also 2 separate pieces for the 40/60 folding seats. But it is pretty expensive....

https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/pro...OLORID=BK|DPLY
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2020, 02:25 PM   #6
heybunger
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by yxc145 View Post
Quote:

I saw this, but isn't it one piece? Can you move/fold only right or left seat with it on?
Finally got my X7 and tried the weather tech cover on. It seems fine for pets but a definite NO GO for anyone with child seats. It is all one piece, and although it has Velcro openings along the crease where the seat meets the back, it doesn't extend far enough to the edges to allow using the standard child seat hooks, as it completely covers the hook closest to the door. So it's going back today.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2020, 12:45 PM   #7
yxc145
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Finally got my X7 and tried the weather tech cover on. It seems fine for pets but a definite NO GO for anyone with child seats. It is all one piece, and although it has Velcro openings along the crease where the seat meets the back, it doesn't extend far enough to the edges to allow using the standard child seat hooks, as it completely covers the hook closest to the door. So it's going back today.
Thanks for the update
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2020, 09:56 PM   #8
Kbky2408
Rep
Drives: Audi Q7

My wife and I have a set in our Q7 and X7 for our kiddos (19 month and 3 yr old). They’ve worked great and the seats don’t slide around.

https://www.buybuybaby.com/store/pro...ian/1041088852
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 07:09 PM   #9
kdesign7
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 40i

I have this one and love it. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The munchkin one in the post before mine made dents in my old car. They might not for them but it did for me. So I changed to the one I linked.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 08:02 AM   #10
heybunger
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Alright, I think I've finally found one that actually fits, allows the armrest to be lowered, and seems to be good quality. I tried and returned at least 5 others, including the gray version on this one that just didn't look right with the beige and black interior. The others I returned didn't have side flaps, weren't tall enough to cover my toddlers forward-facing car seat, didn't have the middle zippers for armrest, didn't have proper access to the child seat latch hooks, or were paper thin.

One issue with any seat cover that's going to be annoying for those who frequently move or lower the 2nd row seats, is that they slide forward/back independently and it takes a circus act to prevent one side from pulling the cover too far on just one side. Not a huge deal but something to keep in mind.

YESYEES Waterproof Dog Car Seat Covers Pet Seat Cover Nonslip Bench Seat Cover Compatible for Middle Seat Belt and Armrest Fits Most Cars, Trucks and SUVs https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07SX2NG...UTF8&psc=1
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
ren60.00