BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Just ordered! M50i

10-13-2020, 10:40 PM   #1
Saejin
Captain
Rep
Drives: None

Just ordered! M50i

I typically hang out in the X3 (G01) forum, but I'm movin on up...still keeping the X3 though...it's the M40i and I love it.

Had a Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription and dropped it off today as part of the deal...M50i is ordered and should be here in in the next 6-8 weeks...probably sooner. Build options at the end of the post.

So if anyone else is thinking of upgrading their XC90 I say don't hesitate and pull the trigger. It's night and day difference. We thought the XC90 was luxury, but then we stepped into the X7. When we bought the XC90 the X7 wasn't out yet and to be honest I wanted a fully loaded X7 M50i if I were to get one...but as I've read here looks like the 2021 MY lost a few options...one of which is the night vision which would have been nice since we're going to use this as a cross-country hauler. We typically put 15-20k miles on a car in a given year.

We loved our XC90 and I would call it simple luxury SUV. It's got a timeless design and great safety features, but lacks in a few areas. The second and third rows don't even have USB ports. The single screen to control everything looks elegant, but gets annoying to use every time you need to change something...give me back my buttons. Seats are amazing, but X7 blows them out of the water now. If you don't get the air suspension the ride is rough when the roads are not perfect. Interior ambient lighting is blah. And it feels cramped to be honest...or maybe the COVID 15 I gained is getting in the way.

And my main gripe...2.0l supercharged turbocharged engine pushing 316hp moving 4400lbs plus passengers and stuff. It works great around town, but get it on the highway moving at 80mph, loaded with 5-6 passengers and everyones stuff...it's working hard to keep things moving and you can hear the whining it makes.

Love everything about the X7 except for the price of course. And the fact you can't get Night Vision now. Massage seats are unbelievable. The engine in this is wicked fast and sounds amazing. I could go on and on and on, but everyone here already knows.

Here's the build...basically every option except for B&W system.
Arctic Grey / 22" M V-Spoke Cerium 755M wheels / Tartufo / Poplar
Cold Weather / Driving Assistance Pro / DHP / Executive / Luxury Seating / Black Calipers / Extended Shadow Line / Leather Dash / Captains Chairs / Trailer Hitch / Space Saver Spare

Was going back and forth on interior color and leather. Wife liked Cognac, but you can't get that in Merino. She also like Coffee, but you couldn't option the Captains Chairs with that color. So we ended up with Tartufo. Arctic Grey was her only choice, but I tried hard to get Carbon Black.
We drove a 40i first, but then an X5 M50i as the dealer didn't have the X7 version. Was a no brainer after I pulled out of the dealership on the test drive.

We don't have small kids, matter of fact one kid is out of the house and the other is close behind. So, why an X7...I say why not. Great road trip vehicle, we're not into the RV life yet, and the motor speaks for itself.

And I saved the best for last, but not a fan. The dealer had an allocation for the Dark Shadow Edition and it was offered to me. So if you're in the market for that let me know...they are trying to sell it, but said they may end up trading it out of state.

I'll post pics when it arrives...hopefully sooner than later. Now off to SwedeSpeed to say goodbye to everyone.
Appreciate 2
GOLFFRR10815.50
LittleJoe1064.00
      10-14-2020, 09:33 AM   #2
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

congrats, looking forward to seeing it!

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 09:45 AM   #3
Farooqshaik
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 50i Pure Excellence '19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saejin View Post
I typically hang out in the X3 (G01) forum, but I'm movin on up...still keeping the X3 though...it's the M40i and I love it.

Had a Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription and dropped it off today as part of the deal...M50i is ordered and should be here in in the next 6-8 weeks...probably sooner. Build options at the end of the post.

So if anyone else is thinking of upgrading their XC90 I say don't hesitate and pull the trigger. It's night and day difference. We thought the XC90 was luxury, but then we stepped into the X7. When we bought the XC90 the X7 wasn't out yet and to be honest I wanted a fully loaded X7 M50i if I were to get one...but as I've read here looks like the 2021 MY lost a few options...one of which is the night vision which would have been nice since we're going to use this as a cross-country hauler. We typically put 15-20k miles on a car in a given year.

We loved our XC90 and I would call it simple luxury SUV. It's got a timeless design and great safety features, but lacks in a few areas. The second and third rows don't even have USB ports. The single screen to control everything looks elegant, but gets annoying to use every time you need to change something...give me back my buttons. Seats are amazing, but X7 blows them out of the water now. If you don't get the air suspension the ride is rough when the roads are not perfect. Interior ambient lighting is blah. And it feels cramped to be honest...or maybe the COVID 15 I gained is getting in the way.

And my main gripe...2.0l supercharged turbocharged engine pushing 316hp moving 4400lbs plus passengers and stuff. It works great around town, but get it on the highway moving at 80mph, loaded with 5-6 passengers and everyones stuff...it's working hard to keep things moving and you can hear the whining it makes.

Love everything about the X7 except for the price of course. And the fact you can't get Night Vision now. Massage seats are unbelievable. The engine in this is wicked fast and sounds amazing. I could go on and on and on, but everyone here already knows.

Cold Weather / Driving Assistance Pro / DHP / Executive / Luxury Seating / Black Calipers / Extended Shadow Line / Leather Dash / Captains Chairs / Trailer Hitch / Space Saver Spare

Was going back and forth on interior color and leather. Wife liked Cognac, but you can't get that in Merino. She also like Coffee, but you couldn't option the Captains Chairs with that color. So we ended up with Tartufo. Arctic Grey was her only choice, but I tried hard to get Carbon Black.
We drove a 40i first, but then an X5 M50i as the dealer didn't have the X7 version. Was a no brainer after I pulled out of the dealership on the test drive.

We don't have small kids, matter of fact one kid is out of the house and the other is close behind. So, why an X7...I say why not. Great road trip vehicle, we're not into the RV life yet, and the motor speaks for itself.

And I saved the best for last, but not a fan. The dealer had an allocation for the Dark Shadow Edition and it was offered to me. So if you're in the market for that let me know...they are trying to sell it, but said they may end up trading it out of state.

I'll post pics when it arrives...hopefully sooner than later. Now off to SwedeSpeed to say goodbye to everyone.
Good Choice which you will never regret. Congratulations
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 09:49 AM   #4
HoratiuBMWX7
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Congatulations on your new ride !
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 01:33 PM   #5
jsmonet
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 x7 m50i

why did you skip the sound system? Just curious. It's actually quite nice, but if you're not really concerned with listening to it, it's easy to skip the option.

SOLID choice checking all the other boxes, though.
      10-14-2020, 05:23 PM   #6
Saejin
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmonet View Post
why did you skip the sound system? Just curious. It's actually quite nice, but if you're not really concerned with listening to it, it's easy to skip the option.

SOLID choice checking all the other boxes, though.
It's $3400 and I'm not a huge audiophile to be honest. The H&K should be fine. Plus my wife didn't like the color/feel of the speaker grilles although I find them and the lighting pretty nice.

She said if I wanted it no problem, but I can just hear the complains now...haha

Dealer is still searching for an allocation they can grab to submit my order.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 11:06 PM   #7
Wanderer73
Major
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i

Yes, no comparison. I had an XC90 Inscription; nice car, but rather boring compared to my M50i.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 11:43 PM   #8
Haris
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 BMW M4

Garage List
Congrats! Just placed my order as well this week for M50i. It will be replacing my Audi Q7. Can't wait!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2020, 01:25 AM   #9
Malmskov
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 50I, BMW X3 M40I

Congrats on your new ride. We have an X3 M40I and X7 50I both great!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2020, 03:07 AM   #10
V8EBR
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M50i, BMW X3 M40i

Seems like a trend - we've got a X3 M40i as well (great car)!

I also came from an XC90 (T8, in my case). I personally find the X7 to be in a completely different league in terms of ride, comfort, as well as passenger space, combined with an overall air of everything just being of a higher quality.

That said, my T8 did use a LOT less petrol, albeit without the rather nice V8 noise of the X7!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2020, 08:10 AM   #11
vinlo
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3

Quote:

Just placed an order for almost the exact same spec! Did the dealer give you any kind of a timeframe for the build considering it has the extended Tartufo Merino leather? I was told the interior choice could extend the build. Would love to get mine by December for a smooth lease transition from our current car.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2020, 10:24 AM   #12
malba2366
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3, X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinlo View Post
Just placed an order for almost the exact same spec! Did the dealer give you any kind of a timeframe for the build considering it has the extended Tartufo Merino leather? I was told the interior choice could extend the build. Would love to get mine by December for a smooth lease transition from our current car.
I ordered an 40i also with tartufo...I ordered 10/5 and production is scheduled for Nov 2 week. I think the big factor is when your dealers allocation is for. You should ask the dealer for a production number, and then track it through the BMW site. If they don't have a production number that means that there is no allocation for that vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2020, 12:17 PM   #13
Haris
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by malba2366 View Post
I ordered an 40i also with tartufo...I ordered 10/5 and production is scheduled for Nov 2 week. I think the big factor is when your dealers allocation is for. You should ask the dealer for a production number, and then track it through the BMW site. If they don't have a production number that means that there is no allocation for that vehicle.
+1. It's all about dealer allocation. I also placed my M50i order with Tartufo on Monday. Dealer did not mention anything about delay. X7 went into production yesterday. Hoping it won't run into delays in production.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2020, 05:34 PM   #14
Saejin
Captain
Rep

Yep, same here. No talk of a delay, only issue was trying to find an allocation from another dealer so they can start the order process faster. They gave me a projection of December which is what most other dealers have been saying.

I hope Tartufo looks great. We weren't able to get a very good look at it except for some quick peeks into an X5d that was sold but on hold at the dealer. It looked nice thought and is merino. Wife really wanted cognac.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2020, 05:39 PM   #15
malba2366
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Yep, same here. No talk of a delay, only issue was trying to find an allocation from another dealer so they can start the order process faster. They gave me a projection of December which is what most other dealers have been saying.

I hope Tartufo looks great. We weren't able to get a very good look at it except for some quick peeks into an X5d that was sold but on hold at the dealer. It looked nice thought and is merino. Wife really wanted cognac.
You will be happy. The colors are pretty close, but the merino leather is way nicer feeling than the vernasca leather.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2020, 05:40 PM   #16
Saejin
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer73 View Post
Yes, no comparison. I had an XC90 Inscription; nice car, but rather boring compared to my M50i.
Did you use the same username on SweedeSpeed? Thought we may have been on some of the same threads.
Agree, XC90 was boring, but didn't realize it until a few months after buying it. Thought the minimalistic interior would be great, but I missed the ease of using all the buttons which I have in my X3. Ambient lighting is plain as well. The engine is best suited for the XC60...the XC90 is too heavy.
From a cost perspective it's a great deal for what you get.

Anyway, saw you were in Colorado and wanted to reach out to you to see what dealer you work with and what pricing they were offering. Winslow was giving me a hard time, but we finally came to a deal that worked for us. Didn't get the 10% off before incentives we wanted, but I think that pricing was more for the 40is and inventory vehicles.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2020, 05:46 PM   #17
Saejin
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8EBR View Post
Seems like a trend - we've got a X3 M40i as well (great car)!

I also came from an XC90 (T8, in my case). I personally find the X7 to be in a completely different league in terms of ride, comfort, as well as passenger space, combined with an overall air of everything just being of a higher quality.

That said, my T8 did use a LOT less petrol, albeit without the rather nice V8 noise of the X7!
Yep, love my X3 M40i. Love it so much I've only got 5000 miles on it since buying it last May...haha. Actually I work from home (pre-COVID) so don't have a commute and tend to drive my Jeep in the winter, so the X3 hangs out until Spring.

We primarily drove the XC90 on road trips so racked up the miles on it...21,000 in about 18 months. We're planning the same for the X7.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2020, 06:01 PM   #18
Wanderer73
Major
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i

Quote:
Quote:
Did you use the same username on SweedeSpeed? Thought we may have been on some of the same threads.
Agree, XC90 was boring, but didn't realize it until a few months after buying it. Thought the minimalistic interior would be great, but I missed the ease of using all the buttons which I have in my X3. Ambient lighting is plain as well. The engine is best suited for the XC60...the XC90 is too heavy.
From a cost perspective it's a great deal for what you get.

Anyway, saw you were in Colorado and wanted to reach out to you to see what dealer you work with and what pricing they were offering. Winslow was giving me a hard time, but we finally came to a deal that worked for us. Didn't get the 10% off before incentives we wanted, but I think that pricing was more for the 40is and inventory vehicles.
DM me if you're still in a position to work with another CA. I've got a guy that is very aggressive on pricing with orders and will ship the car to you, or you can do a PC delivery. He's got an excellent reputation, and many of us have done business with him over the years. He'll do way better than any dealer in CO.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2020, 06:43 PM   #19
Saejin
Captain
Rep

Quote:
DM me if you're still in a position to work with another CA. I've got a guy that is very aggressive on pricing with orders and will ship the car to you, or you can do a PC delivery. He's got an excellent reputation, and many of us have done business with him over the years. He'll do way better than any dealer in CO.

DM sent.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2020, 09:18 AM   #20
vinlo
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by malba2366 View Post
What I am being told is the dealer does have an allocation but it had to be modified and if that happened it would wind back the clock on the production? Is that true?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2020, 09:36 AM   #21
Haris
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
What I am being told is the dealer does have an allocation but it had to be modified and if that happened it would wind back the clock on the production? Is that true?
Not true. Modifying does not impact position in queue/build week. My dealer customized one of his allocation for me on Monday morning. Car went into production the same day few hours later.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2020, 10:02 AM   #22
malba2366
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Only way that would happen is if some option you chose is causing delay. If you have the production number then you can call BMW genius and get the production week. If you don't have a production number then the dealer either does not have an allocation, or is not giving you one of their current allocation slots.
Appreciate 0