BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum XB7 vs. GLS 63

10-24-2020, 04:00 PM   #45
malba2366
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3, X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
Good points, but I was just answering his question about legroom. I honestly don't find much of that too big of a deal but everyone has different preferences. I'm just glad my children are grown and we don't need to deal with a third row and carpool anymore
When I put the seats in the positions I felt comfortable in the GLS and X7 third row both felt about the same to me. The GLS has significantly more cargo room behind the third row though. It is hard to go by the published numbers because there is no fixed method determining legroom. At least one manufacturer publishes the maximum legroom possible in each row (ie. seat in that row all the way back and seat in front all the way up), which is obviously impossible when all the rows are in use.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 04:33 PM   #46
LittleJoe
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 EQS 580 SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBMW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsobol View Post
Quote:
What exterior and interior colors did you order?

If I decide to order a XB7 I'll wait until [COLOR="DarkGreen"]ALPINA Green[/COLOR] is available (rumor is March). The B7 looks great in ALPINA Green IMO.

New Individual colors are also rumored to be coming next spring for any X7 build.
I love this color. There are some cars that look great in green, I think you are right, X7 will look fantastic in this color.
Alpina Green looks good with the chrome and bright rims, but man, that Alpina Blue with the purple tinge to it, mmm...
I hear you. ALPINA Blue is not off the table, just leaning toward ALPINA Green at this point. Plenty of time to decide.
For sure. I have to order mine as soon as possible. I need a vehicle ASAP and clearly the wait times are huge. So I figure the faster I get the order in, the faster I'll get it. I cannot decide on whether I want the white/navy interior or just the solid white with the headliner to match, so it's all whited out. I'm a little concerned that the navy might clash with the Alpina Blue exterior?
Actually I think the navy blue/ivory leather would look very good with ALPINA Blue. Alpina has shown several XB7's with that interior so they like it. I have the navy blue/ivory interior now and my wife and I love it. The blue side bolsters help with transfer of dye from blue jeans. But either one would look great.

What trim are you going to go with?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 04:39 PM   #47
SteelBMW
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsobol View Post
Quote:

If I decide to order a XB7 I'll wait until [COLOR="DarkGreen"]ALPINA Green[/COLOR] is available (rumor is March). The B7 looks great in ALPINA Green IMO.

New Individual colors are also rumored to be coming next spring for any X7 build.
I love this color. There are some cars that look great in green, I think you are right, X7 will look fantastic in this color.
Alpina Green looks good with the chrome and bright rims, but man, that Alpina Blue with the purple tinge to it, mmm...
I hear you. ALPINA Blue is not off the table, just leaning toward ALPINA Green at this point. Plenty of time to decide.
For sure. I have to order mine as soon as possible. I need a vehicle ASAP and clearly the wait times are huge. So I figure the faster I get the order in, the faster I'll get it. I cannot decide on whether I want the white/navy interior or just the solid white with the headliner to match, so it's all whited out. I'm a little concerned that the navy might clash with the Alpina Blue exterior?
Actually I think the navy blue/ivory leather would look very good with ALPINA Blue. Alpina has shown several XB7's with that interior so they like it. I have the navy blue/ivory interior now and my wife and I love it. The blue side bolsters help with transfer of dye from blue jeans. But either one would look great.

What trim are you going to go with?
I've never had white, or even partially white, leather seats in a car before. So, I've been a bit concerned with that. The dealership tells me there is some coating you need to use on it, and buy the insurance so if it fades or has issues they come clean/replace at no additional cost. Is that fact? The blue jeans/dye bleed you mentioned is concerning.

The navy/white is cool. But I bet the solid white would look nice with the white headliner. From what I think I know; the only headliner color options are the standard black, the white if you get white seats, and the navy if you get the navy/white seats - is that right?

I don't know about the trim. I actually don't love them. I thought the Myrtle Red one pops and looks cool with white, but it might be too many colors if I go with the navy/white seats.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 04:44 PM   #48
LittleJoe
Major
Rep

Quote:
From what I think I know, the only headliner color options are the standard black, the white if you get white seats, and the navy if you get the navy/white seats - is that right?
Correct, you get a dark blue headliners with navy/ivory seats.

Quote:
I don't know about the trim. I actually don't love them. I thought the Myrtle Red one pops and looks cool with white, but it might be too many colors if I go with the navy/white seats.
I agree, the Myrtle wood would look very good with the Ivory seating. I would do the Ivory searing (with captains chairs) if I go with ALPINA Green.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 04:50 PM   #49
SteelBMW
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
From what I think I know, the only headliner color options are the standard black, the white if you get white seats, and the navy if you get the navy/white seats - is that right?
Correct, you get a dark blue headliners with navy/ivory seats.

Quote:
I agree, the Myrtle wood would look very good with the Ivory seating. I would do the Ivory searing (with captains chairs) if I go with ALPINA Green.
See I agree with that. The ivory with Myrtle would be pretty sexual, lol. But I feel like I'm missing an opportunity with the navy/white. But all white might be more fun and different for me for a change.

Any comment on the taking care of white seats issue? I don't want to panic about that.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 05:24 PM   #50
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
See I agree with that. The ivory with Myrtle would be pretty sexual, lol. But I feel like I'm missing an opportunity with the navy/white. But all white might be more fun and different for me for a change.

Any comment on the taking care of white seats issue? I don't want to panic about that.

I had merino Ivory on my last g05 X5. I took two separate 2200 mile road trips to Disney with 2 kids 8yr and 10yr. This is a perfect storm but when I traded my X5 in July, it was so perfect, the dealer drove it right into the showroom. Key with ivory is you must spot clean as soon as you see a mark. Don’t let stains or clothing dye transfer sit a long time. Dye transfer can be a nightmare depending on your passengers. My daughter was never to wear sparkly glitter dark blue jeans on any road trips. No spray tans ever or tinted sunblock with shorts or skirts. Forbid anyone to drink anything that isn’t a clear liquid.

I have owned ivory leather my last two vehicles and it’s not as bad as some think. Sonax leather or Lexol leather cleaner will remove 98% of the smudges and stains.
It’s kinda like caring for carbon black so it’s more of a detailing lifestyle. FYI..I have Tartufo now and it takes 1/2 the attention to keep it showroom clean over ivory. There is so much more leather in the X7 over the X5 and didn’t want to deal with that amount of ivory Merino in the X7.

Last edited by MystroX5; 10-24-2020 at 05:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 05:41 PM   #51
SteelBMW
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
Quote:

I had merino Ivory on my last g05 X5. I took two separate 2200 mile road trips to Disney with 2 kids 8yr and 10yr. This is a perfect storm but when I traded my X5 in July, it was so perfect, the dealer drove it right into the showroom. Key with ivory is you must spot clean as soon as you see a mark. Don't let stains or clothing dye transfer sit a long time. Dye transfer can be a nightmare depending on your passengers. My daughter was never to wear sparkly glitter dark blue jeans on any road trips. No spray tans ever or tinted sunblock with shorts or skirts. Forbid anyone to drink anything that isn't a clear liquid.

I have owned ivory leather my last two vehicles and it's not as bad as some think. Sonax leather or Lexol leather cleaner will remove 98% of the smudges and stains.
It's kinda like caring for carbon black so it's more of a detailing lifestyle. FYI..I have Tartufo now and it takes 1/2 the attention to keep it showroom clean over ivory. There is so much more leather in the X7 over the X5 and didn't want to deal with that amount of ivory Merino in the X7.

Thank you for sharing. I can't decide if you make it sound like it's not a big deal, or if you just scared me away from it - LOL. I'm...confused...

They said there is a package you can buy so if leather can't be cleaned they replace it to factory standards for "free" so that sounds pretty good? Plus I can just keep the cleaners you mentioned in the car. I'm not the type to want to mess with stuff that much though, honestly.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 05:43 PM   #52
MystroX5
Major General
Rep

FYI, for those extra tall and looking for a recliner 2nd row, check out the Maybach 600 GLS.

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 05:51 PM   #53
SteelBMW
Private
Rep

Quote:
FYI, for those extra tall and looking for a recliner 2nd row, check out the Maybach 600 GLS.

I'm not loving it to be honest.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 05:54 PM   #54
MystroX5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Thank you for sharing. I can't decide if you make it sound like it's not a big deal, or if you just scared me away from it - LOL. I'm...confused...

They said there is a package you can buy so if leather can't be cleaned they replace it to factory standards for "free" so that sounds pretty good? Plus I can just keep the cleaners you mentioned in the car. I'm not the type to want to mess with stuff that much though, honestly.
I am a detailing professional so it’s in my blood to take care of anything I own. If you are ocd but don’t want to fuss with spot cleaning all the time, get a lighter color brown light Tartufo. My vehicle regulations are much more relaxed for my passengers now. I don’t like dark interiors so Tartufo gives me that rich glow without showing anything but real visible dirt. Ivory shows shades of light smudges which can be maddening for some. If it’s a slightly dirty, it shows dramatically. It also makes spot cleaning easy because you will easy see every little spot or mark.
My X5 was carbon black and ivory white which is the toughest combo for every kind of detailing imaginable. My halo Luxury/trip vehicle is my current fully loaded X7 M50i and I absolutely was NOT going to have it in ivory white. It has too much leather in it.

Last edited by MystroX5; 10-24-2020 at 06:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 06:02 PM   #55
MystroX5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Notice how many options are still not included like rear entertainment at that insane price point. How the heck do you buy at this price point and not go fully loaded and MB knows it and milks even more $$$ out of you. The design is just average IMO. I am not a MB fan but if I was, I would get a fully loaded GLS 63 AMG and call it a MB win. I never found the Maybach design good looking or that exclusive as a Rolls. The driving dynamics are all in BMW and where my heart/money is at.

Last edited by MystroX5; 10-24-2020 at 06:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 06:04 PM   #56
SteelBMW
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Notice how many options are still not included like rear entertainment at that insane price point.
Right?? Crazy. Maybe a couple cars down the road but that's not for me now I am going to have to obsess over the full white leather now. I'm freaking out about it. Can't decide if it'll be a big mistake or not. Also live in south Florida and it's hot and sweaty all the time.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 06:10 PM   #57
MystroX5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Right?? Crazy. Maybe a couple cars down the road but that's not for me now I am going to have to obsess over the full white leather now. I'm freaking out about it. Can't decide if it'll be a big mistake or not. Also live in south Florida and it's hot and sweaty all the time.
What color exterior are you thinking??
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 06:13 PM   #58
SteelBMW
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
What color exterior are you thinking??
Alpine Blue I think. Although I thought it had more of a purple tinge to it, but I've been watching some B7 videos and it can look pretty basic blue to me. But I still think it'll be the best of the offerings for the winter order allocation.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 06:26 PM   #59
MystroX5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Alpine Blue I think. Although I thought it had more of a purple tinge to it, but I've been watching some B7 videos and it can look pretty basic blue to me. But I still think it'll be the best of the offerings for the winter order allocation.
In south Florida you will cook with a black interior. We are down in Florida every winter and white with white interior is the States vehicle color. With the ALPINA blue you could go another interior color than white.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 07:26 PM   #60
SteelBMW
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
In south Florida you will cook with a black interior. We are down in Florida every winter and white with white interior is the States vehicle color. With the ALPINA blue you could go another interior color than white.
For sure, I've had the black interiors before and it is certainly hot as a mother. That's why I like the idea of white. But I'm just nervous about me sweating in the seat and ruining it, or having to police people (that seems like it would be really annoying and they're going to think I'm being a total elitist with a nice vehicle and all my rules).

But, It would either be a brown like coffee or white or white/navy. If there were no staining/cracking type issues at all I would go all white just to have something different for a change.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 08:07 PM   #61
LittleJoe
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
For sure, I've had the black interiors before and it is certainly hot as a mother. That's why I like the idea of white. But I'm just nervous about me sweating in the seat and ruining it, or having to police people (that seems like it would be really annoying and they're going to think I'm being a total elitist with a nice vehicle and all my rules).

But, It would either be a brown like coffee or white or white/navy. If there were no staining/cracking type issues at all I would go all white just to have something different for a change.
ALPINA Blue with Ivory and Myrtle Wood trim would be beautiful IMO and perfect for Florida .

😎
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 08:08 PM   #62
SteelBMW
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ALPINA Blue with Ivory and Myrtle Wood trim would be beautiful IMO and perfect for Florida .

😎
No doubt, that's what I'm thinking too! Just concerned about the white leather looking trashy.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 08:10 PM   #63
Caruser1
Rep
Drives: Various

Quote:

If I decide to order a XB7 I'll wait until ALPINA Green is available (rumor is March). The B7 looks great in ALPINA Green IMO.

LittleJoe to answer your q: I went with tanzanite blue II. I like that dark blue color, works for me. and the navy/blue interior. I like those 2 together and that interior comes with the navy headliner and navy leather. Enough white to lighten it up, and with the big sunroof, should hopefully work well. We will see.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 08:54 PM   #64
LittleJoe
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caruser1 View Post
Quote:

LittleJoe to answer your q: I went with tanzanite blue II. I like that dark blue color, works for me. and the navy/blue interior. I like those 2 together and that interior comes with the navy headliner and navy leather. Enough white to lighten it up, and with the big sunroof, should hopefully work well. We will see.
I've seen several X7 M50i's with that combo and they go together quite well. Good choice.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 10:14 PM   #65
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:

Very cool functionality, although I'm still not into Mercedes design. This is what BMW is going after with the X8. (XM) I just wish BMW would offer a package like this Maybach does to the GLS, where you eliminate the X7 third row, and put in the ultra-luxury 2nd row. Very cool wine glass holders and other design.

And... "air suspension automatically lowers when you go to get in it".

Geez... we've been begging for this with the X7!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 10:20 PM   #66
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
I am a detailing professional so it’s in my blood to take care of anything I own. If you are ocd but don’t want to fuss with spot cleaning all the time, get a lighter color brown light Tartufo. My vehicle regulations are much more relaxed for my passengers now. I don’t like dark interiors so Tartufo gives me that rich glow without showing anything but real visible dirt. Ivory shows shades of light smudges which can be maddening for some. If it’s a slightly dirty, it shows dramatically. It also makes spot cleaning easy because you will easy see every little spot or mark.
My X5 was carbon black and ivory white which is the toughest combo for every kind of detailing imaginable. My halo Luxury/trip vehicle is my current fully loaded X7 M50i and I absolutely was NOT going to have it in ivory white. It has too much leather in it.
I'm not sure about the color combo but I have Coffee Vernasca in my X7 and it's perfect for hiding all but the most obvious dirt stains. After several months of daily use the seats still look clean. Eventually, you can start to see some of the blue jeans transfer but it cleans up well with the standard BMW leather treatment products. Plus, even in Florida, the dark brown should be far less prone to cooking in the sun like black does.
Appreciate 1
MystroX56289.50