BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Moonroof screen control button not working

10-20-2020, 03:43 PM   #1
Karrint
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 4.8is

Moonroof screen control button not working

The front seat control to open and close the screen on the moonroof does not appear to be working (circled on photo). The one in the rear seat does work. The regular solid cover is working from all controls, as is the open/close for the roof itself. Is this something that can be fixed through settings or is this something the vehicle needs to be taken in for?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 04:35 PM   #2
jcarlilesiu
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 50i

That is not the correct button for the sunshade over the main sunroof (larger one). That is the close button for the small third row skylight.

To close the sunshade for the main roof, you need to close the moonroof and then slide the "open/close" button in the top of your picture towards the front of the car to close the sunshade
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 04:46 PM   #3
Karrint
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
That is not the correct button for the sunshade over the main sunroof (larger one). That is the close button for the small third row skylight.

To close the sunshade for the main roof, you need to close the moonroof and then slide the "open/close" button in the top of your picture towards the front of the car to close the sunshade
Thanks. My mistake. For some reason I was thinking there was both a solid cover as well as the more translucent screen. It looks like there is only the translucent screen.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 08:34 PM   #4
ducatiti
Captain
Rep
Drives: X7

While we are around the same area, are you hearing creaking noises when going over rough patches on the road? I can replicate the sound when pressing around the area you encircled
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 08:46 PM   #5
Karrint
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatiti View Post
While we are around the same area, are you hearing creaking noises when going over rough patches on the road? I can replicate the sound when pressing around the area you encircled
I am not, no. I just went out to the garage and pushed around on all the trim in that area and didn't hear much from doing that either.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 11:09 PM   #6
ducatiti
Captain
Rep
Drives: X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrint View Post
I am not, no. I just went out to the garage and pushed around on all the trim in that area and didn't hear much from doing that either.
Thanks for your quick reply Karrint. Please check out this thread:

xhttps://g07.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1763977

Mine is similar but not that loud though.
Appreciate 0