BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Apple Car Play gone, all apps gone, other glitches

10-24-2020, 11:25 AM   #1
Karrint
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 4.8is

Had the car for a week now and all tech has been working great until yesterday. Got in the car and Apple Car Play is no longer there (I even have it set to one of my memory buttons—pushed that button and it said "function currently not available." I asked personal assistant to open Apple clay play and was told my vehicle is not equipped with that function. It's like it just disappeared. Went to apps so I could pull up connected drive and all of the apps in my car are gone. Phone still connects to car as a phone and I can play music from my phone's library. Phone still works to start the car, but no longer to unlock the doors. I have rebooted both the Idrive and my phone. Anyone have any thoughts? Really don't want to take it to the dealer, but perhaps I need to.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 12:03 PM   #2
CruiseControl
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 40iM

See if this helps...

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=24264982
Appreciate 1
      10-24-2020, 10:47 PM   #3
Karrint
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 4.8is

Consensus is software updates (to 14.1) likely caused the issue. My vehicle also was no longer connected through the BMW app—I had to call in and reset everything. BMW "genius" helped me over the phone get CarPlay back up and reinstall all apps. Hoping this doesn't happen every time there's an update.
Appreciate 1
      10-25-2020, 06:12 PM   #4
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrint View Post
Consensus is software updates (to 14.1) likely caused the issue. My vehicle also was no longer connected through the BMW app—I had to call in and reset everything. BMW "genius" helped me over the phone get CarPlay back up and reinstall all apps. Hoping this doesn't happen every time there's an update.
yes it happens every update. however this last time, I just deleted the iPhone in the bmw idrive and then reconnected it.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 06:31 PM   #5
bsalam2
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 540, X5, X7

Recently updated my iPhone software to 14.0.1 and remote 3D no longer works. It looks as if it's working but then all I get is the 3D car in the middle of nowhere
Appreciate 0