forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum [CODING] G07 E-Sys Cheat Codes

12-10-2019, 09:03 AM   #177
zmm12345
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x7 and 330i

Does anyone know if this instruction video will work on the x7 to code back on adaptive headlights?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 04:26 AM   #178
rgrovr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aas5 View Post
Guys, so can you play from different sources in the back on the two RES screens or does it only allow one source? If it’s only one source, do you have to display the same at the same time (e.g. one would show Nav and the other fire stick?)
Yes, the two RES screens can show different content. You can have a Blu-Ray in watching a movie and a Firestick via HDMI connector and watch them on seperate screens. Or Navi and Firestick, or Music and a Blu-Ray movie etc..
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 08:14 AM   #179
aas5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrovr View Post
Yes, the two RES screens can show different content. You can have a Blu-Ray in watching a movie and a Firestick via HDMI connector and watch them on seperate screens. Or Navi and Firestick, or Music and a Blu-Ray movie etc..
Thanks!
Sold: 2020 X7 M50 White Mineral with Ivory & Blue, 2017 X6M Long Beach Blue with Mugello Red, 2014 X6M Monte Carlo Blue with Mugello Red, 2011 X6 5.0 Black on Black, 2008 E350 4Matic Silver, 2006 Infiniti M45 Diamond Graphite
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 11:33 AM   #180
jmciver
///M SubDriver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3, 2020 X7 40i

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Is there a way to code/change the resolution for CarPlay? When my M3 went in for service, my dealer gave me a G05 X5 loaner for a few days (just missed an X7 loaner by 30 min ) so I took the opportunity to really play with ID7. With the BMW GUI, the screen looked great - very crisp and clear. However CarPlay, Waze in particular, did not. The resolution looked off and was not crisp.

I have seen resolution settings in ID5/6 before. But I was not bold enough to hook up my E-Sys laptop to the loaner .

X3 XDrive 30i - 2019 G01 Mineral White (wife's) / 128i 6MT - 2009 E82 Jet Black (son's)
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2019, 02:53 PM   #181
bimmerg07
Rep
Drives: BMW G07

Quote:
Originally Posted by vet23 View Post
And where to download the latest E-Sys and launcher Pro for working with G05 now?
I sent PM.
Appreciate 1
vet231.50
      12-27-2019, 03:30 PM   #182
M6BMWDriver
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F12 Singapore Gray M6 Conv

Is there a way to code the Ground Clearance / self-Leveling to show in the iDrive

Also where can i see the cose for ground clearance in the HU on esys

I’m trying to figure out a way where i can lower the car via key fob or even lower it when i get out of the car automatically
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 12:41 PM   #183
natzky
Registered
Rep
Drives: X7

Has anybody been able to do antidazzle on the X7 thru esys?
Also on coding foglights to be always on thru esys?
Appreciate 2
Heimdall136.50
r33_RGSport12805.00
      04-02-2020, 01:36 PM   #184
Heimdall
The Centurion
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M40i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokinawa View Post
That's in BDC if I remember. I thing I got an error when trying it. Probably requires other settings.
Yeah, one thing I learned when I started coding my F80 is that typically, several parameters are interdependent on other parameters across multiple modules in order to turn on a new feature. Typically, one parameter is tied to a display (i.e. showing you a new option in an iDrive menu or a dash light, etc) and another parameter is actually necessary to "turn on" the feature.

A good example of this is turning on rear fogs in the F3x/F8x (and I am sure the X7 has rear fogs hidden in there too....).
I've been trying to activate the rear fog lights for some time now.
The issues are assuming they are located in the bumper and not the tail lights assembly
1) there are hardware limitations as in the US these units are merely reflectors without the actual bulbs.
2) the physical switch is missing from the lights switch unit left to the steering wheel. The place is actually blank and missing the button.

Waiting for someone to crack that to copy
      04-02-2020, 09:47 PM   #185
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by natzky View Post
Has anybody been able to do antidazzle on the X7 thru esys?
Also on coding foglights to be always on thru esys?
I've been coding a few of Forum members Anti-Dazzle and more.

Fog light wise, you can't code to have it to be on all the time.
I have been looking at the lines, couldn't find it or get it to work.

PM me your email address if you are interested in doing coding session and I'll send over the details.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 07:45 AM   #186
jmciver
///M SubDriver
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimdall View Post
The issues are assuming they are located in the bumper and not the tail lights assembly
1) there are hardware limitations as in the US these units are merely reflectors without the actual bulbs.
2) the physical switch is missing from the lights switch unit left to the steering wheel. The place is actually blank and missing the button.

So a few thoughts here based on my previous experience with this mod on my F80 M3...

1) I just took a look at the X7 tail lights. Unlike the tail lights on my F80 M3, I can't see inside them to see if there are actually rear fog light bulbs present. On the M3 tail lights, the rear fogs are integrated LED bulbs so one would think it is the same on the X7. Maybe one of our Euro forum members can help to verify by posting a pic with the rear fogs turned on....

2) The US spec light switch module does not have a rear fog button. But just like on the F80/F30 light switch module, it appears to have a "blank" where the button would be. However, just like on the F80/F30 light switch module, it could be possible to modify the blank to become a functioning button as seen in this thread here:

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1023817

If modifying the US spec switch module is not possible, then you will need to get a Euro light switch module with the rear fog button as seen here (or maybe you may want one for aesthetics reasons):

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=61_5884

3) Next comes the coding. Assuming BMW did not change the basic coding methodology for this functionality, you will need to code at least two modules: one for the rear lights and one for the light switch (see the thread link above, towards the bottom). A third module my need to be coded, the gauge cluster module, due to the digital dash implementation in the G-series cars - not sure about that one though.

With any luck, the US switch mod will work and coding will be easy such that using Bimmercode in Expert Mode (or just incorporated into Bimercode) will make this one an easy mod, just like on the F80/F30.

X3 XDrive 30i - 2019 G01 Mineral White (wife's) / 128i 6MT - 2009 E82 Jet Black (son's)
Appreciate 1
Heimdall136.50
      04-03-2020, 10:06 AM   #187
MB21
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M5.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokinawa View Post
Hi All,

I finally got my E-Sys setup and did some coding. I have started to develop cheat codes for speeding things up in E-Sys.

I have made a pull request to the main packetpilot repository here: https://github.com/packetpilot/bmw-f/pull/106

Here is a current list of coding options that I have found.

Tested:
  1. DISABLE Speedometer Correction
  2. DISABLE Legal Disclaimers (Camera, Night Vision)
  3. SET Startup Mode (Adaptive, Eco Pro, Eco Pro Individual, Sport, Sport Individual, Comfort [DEFAULT])
  4. ENABLE Auto Start/Stop Memory
  5. DISABLE Legal Disclaimer Time
  6. ENABLE Tire Temp and Pressure Display
  7. DISABLE Volume Pop-up display

Plan on testing:
  1. SET Startup Emblem (bmw_m, rolls_royce)
  2. SET Sound Signal Set (bmw [default], bmw_i, mini, rolls royce)
  3. Video in motion (VIM): DISABLE Speedlock Max and Min
  4. VIM: Disable Video Speedlock Condition

Note: VIM requires entering a physical button combination. I will verify this and add it to the post.

Other things I noticed:
  • Drive Recorder is enabled in my dealer coding, hopefully early adopters will have it available in the update.
  • There is an X7 M60i logo in my coding. Attached.
  • Still trying to get the Alpina display to work.

Other items I want to investigate when I have time:
  • 3rd row AC when seats are down
  • Ability to lower the vehicle after parking/locking vehicle

Video of animation and Night Vision legal disclaimer disabled.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s6ttemvqmp...aimer.MOV?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b8fp0g2tvx...ation.mov?dl=0
Hi I see you have proper tire settings in my system it is suggesting over inflation and then wants me as well, do you know how to correct this?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2020, 01:31 PM   #188
Heimdall
The Centurion
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimdall View Post

So a few thoughts here based on my previous experience with this mod on my F80 M3...

1) I just took a look at the X7 tail lights. Unlike the tail lights on my F80 M3, I can't see inside them to see if there are actually rear fog light bulbs present. On the M3 tail lights, the rear fogs are integrated LED bulbs so one would think it is the same on the X7. Maybe one of our Euro forum members can help to verify by posting a pic with the rear fogs turned on....

2) The US spec light switch module does not have a rear fog button. But just like on the F80/F30 light switch module, it appears to have a "blank" where the button would be. However, just like on the F80/F30 light switch module, it could be possible to modify the blank to become a functioning button as seen in this thread here:

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1023817

If modifying the US spec switch module is not possible, then you will need to get a Euro light switch module with the rear fog button as seen here (or maybe you may want one for aesthetics reasons):

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=CW21-EUR-12-2019-G07-BMW-X7_40iX&diagId=61_5884

3) Next comes the coding. Assuming BMW did not change the basic coding methodology for this functionality, you will need to code at least two modules: one for the rear lights and one for the light switch (see the thread link above, towards the bottom). A third module my need to be coded, the gauge cluster module, due to the digital dash implementation in the G-series cars - not sure about that one though.

With any luck, the US switch mod will work and coding will be easy such that using Bimmercode in Expert Mode (or just incorporated into Bimercode) will make this one an easy mod, just like on the F80/F30.
Your reply is amazing and professionally detailed.
I've read through almost all the rear fog lights threads for F80/F30.
The main difference here is those rear fogs are imbedded in the tail lights of these vehicles.

As for the X7 I'm not sure but inclined to believe that such are additional hardware units. As in the attached picture.

Hence if this is true then comes the challenge of powering such as there wouldn't be any wires there since they've installed dummy reflectors with not wires.

If not and I hope So then the coding and the physical switch work around should do it.
Attached Images

04-04-2020, 04:09 PM   #189
jmciver
///M SubDriver
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Looks like you might be right. I took a look at the Euro parts catalog at RealOEM and this is what I found....

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=63_2002

That is unfortunate too as I like quick mods like this, at least it was quick and easy on my F80. It does not appear that the Euro rear fogs/reflectors are that expensive - they can be had for ~$40 each side or so (and the X7 shares them with the X5). With any luck, the wiring harness could be there on non-Euro spec X7's. But if not, wiring for tail light mods is typically not too difficult...

Wiring diagram (scroll to the right).....

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/g...hts/1VncqTRc02

The wiring diagram even gives a hint of what the coding parameters might be: NSL_R (right) and NSL_L (left) inside the Body Domain Controller....

Appreciate 1
Heimdall136.50
      04-04-2020, 05:02 PM   #190
Heimdall
The Centurion
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Looks like you might be right. I took a look at the Euro parts catalog at RealOEM and this is what I found....

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=CW21-EUR-12-2019-G07-BMW-X7_40iX&diagId=63_2002

That is unfortunate too as I like quick mods like this, at least it was quick and easy on my F80. It does not appear that the Euro rear fogs/reflectors are that expensive - they can be had for ~$40 each side or so (and the X7 shares them with the X5). With any luck, the wiring harness could be there on non-Euro spec X7's. But if not, wiring for tail light mods is typically not too difficult...

Wiring diagram (scroll to the right).....

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/g07-x7-xdrive40i-sav/wiring-functional-info/body/lighting/fog-lights/1VncqTRc02

The wiring diagram even gives a hint of what the coding parameters might be: NSL_R (right) and NSL_L (left) inside the Body Domain Controller....
I agree ☝️
I don't see it as a difficult modification
Yet a bit of a lengthy one as the bumper shell has to come out for installing those lights.

I might do it in a later stage as I'll do the "J" type EU invisible tow hitch at the same time.

If you do go ahead for this please keep me posted. Id love to do it but don't want to double the work of bumper removal and reinstall.
      06-23-2020, 12:50 PM   #191
Mmilani
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Traffic Jam Assist on all roads

I have e-sys setup and ready to code. I want to code traffic jam assist on all roads and increase the speed.

Can anyone provide some instructions? I have never used esys. but it is all setup and ready.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 03:17 PM   #192
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmilani View Post
I have e-sys setup and ready to code. I want to code traffic jam assist on all roads and increase the speed.

Can anyone provide some instructions? I have never used esys. but it is all setup and ready.
Can't be done on x5/x7 and even if it could, e-sys alone isn't enough. You'd need a launcher like esysx

But like I said, the codes that worked on earlier models don't work on the newer ones, so if that's all you want to code, forget about it.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 11:03 PM   #193
coco135
Rep
Drives: 2009 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
Can't be done on x5/x7 and even if it could, e-sys alone isn't enough. You'd need a launcher like esysx

But like I said, the codes that worked on earlier models don't work on the newer ones, so if that's all you want to code, forget about it.
You sure know how to depress people.
I had hopes and then you came...

Appreciate 0
      06-24-2020, 04:39 AM   #194
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco135 View Post

Depress people, seriously?

I just saved you hours of research, and didn't I fix your camera switch issue?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2020, 09:07 PM   #195
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

@jamodeo I think you need to contact r33_RGSport for coding.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2020, 10:37 PM   #196
Mmilani
Enlisted Member
Rep

Camera Switch?

Quote:
Quote:

How did you fix the camera switch issue?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 04:03 PM   #197
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmilani View Post
Quote:
Quote:

How did you fix the camera switch issue?
Coding fix for North American cars with Auto Camera switch issue https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1693207
Appreciate 1
Mmilani11.50
      06-25-2020, 09:32 PM   #198
Mmilani
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thank you so so much. This was driving me crazy.

I was looking for an answer about this all over the forums.

Thank you.
Appreciate 1
ifr1196.50