BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) 2010 Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

11-14-2010, 03:44 PM   #133
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List

Btw..wat's up with Lotus's rear wing? it just fell off for no reason...
      11-14-2010, 03:52 PM   #134
Javi335
Troll but nice
Spain
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtla4 View Post
Glad this Alonso bastard didnt win. .
I know it hurts when a hiper modern, cool, open minded, gentle, cosmopolitan, rich and society sofisticated country cant offer a shit to the moto sports. And then comes a spaniard from a 225.000 population city to win and dispute F1 championships.
There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 04:36 PM   #135
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Attached Images

11-14-2010, 05:56 PM   #136
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Congratulations to Vettel for being the 2010 Formula 1 World Driver's Champion!

This win was definitely well deserved. Though, I must say the race was not as interesting as I had hoped it would be. Renault really threw a wrench in all of the fighting by holding up all the contenders in two different sections of the race.

I am pleased with Hamilton's 2nd place finish, but if Kubica had let him take the fight to Vettel earlier it would have been an immense race to watch. If I had to make a choice though for my 2nd favorite to win, I'm glad it was Vettel.

The podium was also very suiting I thought. Great charisma up there during the Rose Water. I'll try to make a .gif later of 2 different scenes that made me smile and laugh. Hamilton and Button really made it a night to remember for Vettel up there.

Well done.
      11-14-2010, 06:27 PM   #137
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Not much to add that hasn't been said.
Great finally to the season.

so sorry FA, .....karma's bitch ain't it
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 06:44 PM   #138
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
The podium was also very suiting I thought. Great charisma up there during the Rose Water. I'll try to make a .gif later of 2 different scenes that made me smile and laugh. Hamilton and Button really made it a night to remember for Vettel up there.

Well done.
Both Hamilton and Button both have been great sport and welcome the new world champion on the podium. I'm more happy to see them on the podium than Alonso or Webber, coz both them seems to be a sore loser.

I really like the part where Hamilton or Button drink the citris drink with Vettel at the same time. Kinda cute and funny...
      11-14-2010, 07:36 PM   #139
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Attached Images

11-14-2010, 07:36 PM   #140
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Turbo Festiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi335 View Post
I know it hurts when a hiper modern, cool, open minded, gentle, cosmopolitan, rich and society sofisticated country cant offer a shit to the moto sports. And then comes a spaniard from a 225.000 population city to win and dispute F1 championships.
What? Who talked about Alonso origins here? All we're saying is that the guy is a bitch always has been a bitch and always will be. Hes a primadonna. That Alonso and Schumacher are two guys that I cant take they just rub me the wrong way. Look at that Vettel guy he seems like an easy going guy. Have you seen Hamilton and Button there on the podium just enjoying the moment and be happy for the guy. The other prick there gave the finger to a guy that was ahead of him on the same lap. There is nothing else to be said. It's pretty rare that I use those terms in a public forum but really I've got no respect for that guy not because of his talent but his attitude kills me just like Sidney Crosby does(An other cry baby).

On an other note I always hated Ferrari biggest cry babies in the paddock...they always used shady tacticals, blame other people.....they blamed Glock when Massa lost his championship in 2008...now Petrov and I will not even start to go back to the Schumacher days. It's refreshing to see guys like Rosberg, Vettel, Hamilton, Webber, Button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.

Last edited by mtla4; 11-14-2010 at 07:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 07:50 PM   #141
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Quote:
You're not making any friends with stupid comments like that man. If you feel that way, what the hell are you doing on this site? Say all you want about a driver, or a member, but don't collectively insult our country . Ignored (and hopefully banned).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtla4 View Post
What? Who talked about Alonso origins here? All we're saying is that the guy is a bitch always has been a bitch and always will be. Hes a primadonna. That Alonso and Schumacher are two guys that I cant take they just rub me the wrong way.
Guess this guy doens't know each country has plenty of a-holes, and FA happens to be one of his. But insulting our country for that? What a freaking tool.
Oh, and even though I agree with you on those 2, and I'm of Spanish descent, I'd put Schumacher above Alonso; he never asked or expected drivers to move over for him. Nor did he ever throw a finger at them for not doing so. Alonso is on a league of his own.

Last edited by JCtx; 11-14-2010 at 07:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 08:30 PM   #142
SonnyJack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3/'18 F83 M4

Quote:
Over the top again Javi.

No one cares that Alonso is a Spaniard, but those who do not like him (myself included), feel that way because of the manner in which he carries himself. He pisses and moans when his teammate won't let him by, and he pisses and moans when his former team won't let him pass. These guys are RACING CAR DRIVERS! It ain't meant to be easy.

BTW, I absolutely love that it was Renault he couldn't pass.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 08:32 PM   #143
SonnyJack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3/'18 F83 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post

Btw..wat's up with Lotus's rear wing? it just fell off for no reason...
At least they don't go fast enough for it to make a diff.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 10:40 PM   #144
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep

Here is a quick one I just made. I'll make it bigger soon.

11-14-2010, 10:57 PM   #145
raisemyrent
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 428i xD GC

man if Flavio had been around still, he would've turned down Petrov's engine or told him that the f-duct broke...
speaking of which, did any one notice that the Ferrari couldn't come close to the Renault on the straights, but the McLaren could? Renault got it right, McLaren invented it, and I guess Ferrari had one that just kinda worked... when compared to cars without it.

Vettel won and he deserved it, by the way. I cheer for Alonso too but mainly for Schumacher, and I was very glad to see Schumi shrug off his potentially super dangerous incident and have a laugh about it with Liuzzi, and ALSO be one of the first to publicly congratulate Vettel. Somehow, endorsement by the 7 time world champion means a thing or two in my books. This applies to the ultra sportsman like gesture by Hamilton and Button on the podium; funny how it worked out the the past 2 world champs were there to welcome him.

WHO can actually wait till the new season?! Let's just say there will be a lot of F1 2010 on my PS3 between now and then!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 11:07 PM   #146
Mahmood07
Captain
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 + F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
Here is a quick one I just made. I'll make it bigger soon.

Haha!! it was funny when there was not enough fizz in the 'champagne', it just slowly poured out of the bottle
///M3 Mods: | Eisenmann Race Exhaust | Primary Cats Delete (TTP) | ESS Tune | 19" Advan RS | Eibach Springs | MS Air Filter | BMW Perf. Spoiler | BMW Perf. Splitters | Euro LCI Tail lights | Angel iBright v.3.0 | 20% Tint | Matte black Kidney Grills | CF Side Gills | Painted Reflectors | Black M3 emblem
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 11:19 PM   #147
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep

Heres a bigger one.

11-14-2010, 11:28 PM   #148
Chenry135
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: former 2008 135i/ 2006 STI

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Alonso still have to pass two other cars after Petrov to win the title? I just think getting mad at Petrov was pointless, because he clearly didnt have the pace to pass the others anyway??? But what do I know, I'm not from Spain, which apparently makes me stupid...
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 11:47 PM   #149
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontegoblueE92 View Post
I seriously doubt that. The McLarens are much faster in the first two sectors. I'd be willing to bet Hamilton passes Vettel at the end of the long straight. The Red Bulls don't have an advantage at this track because the sector where they pull away from everyone has no overtaking spots. So once Hamilton gets the run on the way down the straights it's gonna be over.
How does your foot taste?? lol. I'm only playin w/ you so don't get mad

Anyway, great race. Congrats to SV!! Love that he won the title with an race win! I do feel bad for MW but he just did not have the pace for some reason. Too bad b/c I doubt he will be so close again.

As I said in another thread...SV went out a did what he needed to do...dominated the weekend. He did not bother with any other scenarios or hopes that some other driver would do this or that too help his chances. He focused on only what he could control. Well done.

Loved all the camaraderie between rivals after the race.
      11-15-2010, 12:57 AM   #150
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenry135 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Alonso still have to pass two other cars after Petrov to win the title? I just think getting mad at Petrov was pointless, because he clearly didnt have the pace to pass the others anyway??? But what do I know, I'm not from Spain, which apparently makes me stupid...
The problem is, Renault is fast on Sector 2 but not Sectors 1 and 3. However, Alonso will have to overtake VP at Sector 2, which is where the Renault is the strongest.

Based on what the SPEED commentators said, if, and only if, Fernando passed Vitaly, he will immediately challenge Rosberg and overtake him very soon, which is not as fast as the Ferrari on the straight (i have not check the numbers and stats, do NOT quote me).

FA overall pace should be somewhere close to Button/Rosberg/Kubica. However, he lost 40 laps worth of pace. Let's say he's 0.5 sec faster than VP per lap. That's 20 secs lost just sitting behind Petrov. Which might even more when the race progresses and fuel load is lighter, thus making a faster lap.

Let's say, he's now +43.7 secs behind Vettel, if he did not got stuck behind Petrov, the 20 secs lost deduction. Which is about +23.7 secs behind Vettel. That'll bring him right behind Jenson Button, situate on P4, and win the championship by 2 points instead. (he got 6 points now, which was a possible 12 points, and vettel won by 4 points)....
      11-15-2010, 07:34 AM   #151
MontegoblueE92
Captain
Rep
Drives: It Like He Stole It

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANdaddy View Post
How does your foot taste?? lol. I'm only playin w/ you so don't get mad
Was I wrong other than predicting Hamilton would pass at the end of the straight? Red Bull was down on time through the first two sectors the entire race. They made everything and more up in the last sector.

That's the reason Alonso couldn't make the pass. The Renault was fastest in the second sector, so there was no spot to pass even though the Ferrari was much faster over an entire lap.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2010, 09:18 AM   #152
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Btw...I heard Sir Richard Branson lost his bet with Lotus boss Tony Fernandes. He's going to work on one of his Air Asia flight as a flight attendant...

http://blogs.espnf1.com/The_Pits/arc..._to_clean_toil
      11-15-2010, 09:19 AM   #153
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Attached Images

11-15-2010, 11:16 AM   #154
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
I've been trying to figure out how to articulate my feelings as I found myself constantly defending SV on here but I can only say that I am simply ecstatic. That is all!

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0