BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition Rich Piana passed away

08-25-2017, 10:43 AM   #1
The Chaddening
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bicycle - reducing carbon

Rich Piana passed away

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/mo...icle-1.3441836

I don't keep up much with bodybuilding anymore but most people have at least heard of Rich Piana. Can't say I'm shocked that he died early as he is such a huge proponent for steroids and his diet sounded... abnormal. Guy would eat a pint of Ben and Jerrys every night.

Anyways, RIP.
Appreciate 1
      08-25-2017, 11:44 AM   #2
Questofthetune
Captain
Rep
Drives: 13 GT50014 AW M235i(sold)

Garage List
2014 BMW 235i  [0.00]
He was someone who tried anything and evrething to get even just a bit more of a pump. I respect his pioneer spirit though I wouldn't hit PED's like he did. It's a sad day.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2017, 01:17 PM   #3
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

News that will surprise absolutely nobody who knows that name.
Appreciate 2
P111541.50
MSups693.50
      08-31-2017, 08:49 PM   #4
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep
Drives: slut whisperer

Yeah, nobody who knew him should be surprised by his passing. Sad. Steroids is not an excuse to eat like shit...that shit still goes into your system, and is still processed and filtered. What's interesting is his most recent diet started three weeks preceding his death. Ate only carbs, no protein. Many speculated it's cause his doctor told him his kidneys are fucked/running some tests.

Would be great to have his body donated to perform medical research in steroid usage.
Appreciate 1
kprocivic807.50
      09-01-2017, 12:50 PM   #5
The Chaddening
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoosh View Post
Yeah, nobody who knew him should be surprised by his passing. Sad. Steroids is not an excuse to eat like shit...that shit still goes into your system, and is still processed and filtered. What's interesting is his most recent diet started three weeks preceding his death. Ate only carbs, no protein. Many speculated it's cause his doctor told him his kidneys are fucked/running some tests.

Would be great to have his body donated to perform medical research in steroid usage.
That's really interesting he started a diet with no protein, I think you're right..kidneys were screwed.

TBH the guy looked like a freak, arms bigger than most people's legs. Can only imagine what his organs looked like after such an extreme regiment of steroids.
Appreciate 1
smoosh2211.50
      11-15-2017, 01:12 PM   #6
The Chaddening
Major General
Rep

Now it's coming out that this guy was railing PWO powder straight to the dome before his workouts.

Just wow.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 01:23 PM   #7
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldPump View Post
Now it's coming out that this guy was railing PWO powder straight to the dome before his workouts.

Just wow.
That's the norm these days. But overall not good for Mr. Piana given his current situation.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 01:34 PM   #8
The Chaddening
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
That's the norm these days. But overall not good for Mr. Piana given his current situation.
You have seen people snorting PWO? When I was a trainer I used to take a scoop between clients and swish it with water in my mouth and I thought that was crazy. Can't imagine why someone would think snorting PWO would be a good idea.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 01:40 PM   #9
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
You have seen people snorting PWO? When I was a trainer I used to take a scoop between clients and swish it with water in my mouth and I thought that was crazy. Can't imagine why someone would think snorting PWO would be a good idea.
I thought you meant taking it dry. Gotta get hip on my drug lingo.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 05:29 PM   #10
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
I thought you meant taking it dry. Gotta get hip on my drug lingo.
railing, like a pair of straight lines, next to each other. When looking down into the surface upon which said lines are drawn out, it appears like a railroad track.

So a FRIEND tells me . . .
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 06:37 PM   #11
Mr Carrots
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Quote:
That's really interesting he started a diet with no protein, I think you're right..kidneys were screwed.

TBH the guy looked like a freak, arms bigger than most people's legs. Can only imagine what his organs looked like after such an extreme regiment of steroids.
His arms looked a bit small before he started mainlining PMMA. The oil and polymers probably choked up his kidneys over the years.

Dude was pretty tall and had poor attachments, so even 19" arms didn't look that huge on him. If hed stopped at adding just an inch it might have looked ok but he went full retard like a chick getting her lips plumped

Clearly mentally ill, I remember seeing him in golds once shooting a "training" video, his blond gf carried in the fake dumbbells and plates for him to use, she was wearing high heels and carrying a "100lb" dumbbell in each hand, it was hilarious.
Appreciate 1
      11-15-2017, 06:43 PM   #12
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
railing, like a pair of straight lines, next to each other. When looking down into the surface upon which said lines are drawn out, it appears like a railroad track.

So a FRIEND tells me . . .
Now that's a friend.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 07:25 PM   #13
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

I didn't knew Piana died already from Aug. 7 ? WOW !
At least he was honest about using tons of steroids. The rest of the Pro BB's are hypocrite liars !

May he RIP...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2017, 05:01 AM   #14
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

I met Rich at the Arnold Festival in Columbus Ohio 6 years ago before he became mainstream. Just some huge mothereffer just standing their with his hat backwards all tatted up and i remember telling my wife "Babe, check that dude out!" he looked like a character from that movie "SMALL SOLDIERS." I told her to ask if i can take a picture of him with her. He introduced himself and he said "sure, no problem!" I've been a fan since than and been going to Arnold Fest every year stopping by his booth for support. really really nice guy as he was very friendly and always asked your name as he shook your hand. if you watch him at any of the events he's always engaged with his fans and never says no to a photo and an autograph. really stand up guy. Sad to hear how it all came to an end. RIP

~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 1
      11-18-2017, 06:45 AM   #15
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Carrots View Post
His arms looked a bit small before he started mainlining PMMA. The oil and polymers probably choked up his kidneys over the years.

Dude was pretty tall and had poor attachments, so even 19" arms didn't look that huge on him. If hed stopped at adding just an inch it might have looked ok but he went full retard like a chick getting her lips plumped

Clearly mentally ill, I remember seeing him in golds once shooting a "training" video, his blond gf carried in the fake dumbbells and plates for him to use, she was wearing high heels and carrying a "100lb" dumbbell in each hand, it was hilarious.
Hahah was he training with that poser and king of fake weights, Brad Castleberry?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2017, 07:04 AM   #16
The Chaddening
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Hahah was he training with that poser and king of fake weights, Brad Castleberry?
Lol that dude is hilarious, claiming hes stronger than Eddie Hall. LMAO
Appreciate 1
Delta03117475.50
      11-18-2017, 07:30 AM   #17
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Lol that dude is hilarious, claiming hes stronger than Eddie Hall. LMAO
Yup and every time he is called out and asked to come to a power lifting or strongman lift he conveniently goes ghost.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2017, 10:56 AM   #18
Mr Carrots
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Here's the vid, I think I'm rolling my eyes in the background as I had no idea who Piano was back in 2012

Fake dumbbells (golds only has steel ones over 150) See the "steel" plates he put on outside the regular golds black plates? Lmao, those are the same fake weights his buddy Chuck Basher / Kali muscle uses for his 225lb curl vid

Last edited by Mr Carrots; 11-18-2017 at 11:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2017, 12:08 PM   #19
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
I met Rich at the Arnold Festival in Columbus Ohio 6 years ago before he became mainstream. Just some huge mothereffer just standing their with his hat backwards all tatted up and i remember telling my wife "Babe, check that dude out!" he looked like a character from that movie "SMALL SOLDIERS." I told her to ask if i can take a picture of him with her. He introduced himself and he said "sure, no problem!" I've been a fan since than and been going to Arnold Fest every year stopping by his booth for support. really really nice guy as he was very friendly and always asked your name as he shook your hand. if you watch him at any of the events he's always engaged with his fans and never says no to a photo and an autograph. really stand up guy. Sad to hear how it all came to an end. RIP

Very nice pictures ! Thanks for sharing

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2017, 12:41 PM   #20
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

All those fake weight guys remind me the poser who claim to be SEALS. Always running their mouths about how big and bad they are and all the "top secret" ops they been on. Till of course they cross and real SEAL and then they quickly stfu and walk away.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2017, 08:53 AM   #21
The Chaddening
Major General
Rep

Quote:
All those fake weight guys remind me the poser who claim to be SEALS. Always running their mouths about how big and bad they are and all the "top secret" ops they been on. Till of course they cross and real SEAL and then they quickly stfu and walk away.
Kinda like Dan Bilzarian or whatever his name is.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2017, 09:50 PM   #22
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

Quote:
Yup and every time he is called out and asked to come to a power lifting or strongman lift he conveniently goes ghost.
Castle berry is smart. I remember seeing him on social media when he barely had any followers. He started to gain in popularity and then found that personality sells. He has been becoming "cockier" ever since because it fuels the fire that brings his name places.

Pretty intelligent marketing in my opinion. A lot of people still admire him and fake weight or not, he is putting up impressive numbers with the real weights.

Quote:

Are you a seal? Purely curious
Appreciate 0