forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Mobile check deposit

06-04-2020, 05:02 PM   #45
Mingwan
Major
Rep
Drives: X1 Individual custom paint

Love the feature. Very convenient. Especially the mobile cash deposit feature.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2020, 05:59 PM   #46
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
The club I DJ at pays me with a paper check. I always deposit it via mobile app. Literally the only reason I physically go to a bank is when I want to get rolls of quarters for my condo's communal laundry equipment.
      06-05-2020, 09:59 AM   #47
Mardio
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
Been banking with Schwab for years so no local bank, only electronic deposits, the pay ATM fees worldwide so I can use any ATM in the world for free. I spend about 40% of my time in SE Asia so it is extremely helpful to just be able to use the ATM for local cash and not worry about it costing anything. I get no money changed before I go. They also give me free checks and I think some minuscule amount of interest (zero fees). Think the local bank branch is dying. I have no interest in spending time in line, hanging out at the bank or having coffee with random bank employees and don't believe I have been in a bank in years.

I have a mortgage on our house with a local bank but recently wanted to take out a HELOC to purchase an investment property and got a better rate with a random local company, my relationship didn't matter. If I owned a business I might feel differently.
Interesting. Can you also pay vendors electronically? Like phone bill, home utilities, etc...?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 11:57 AM   #48
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
You must not have kids that have been home for four months:
1) good excuse to go somewhere
2) drive thru bank
3) cool little canister that flies through a translucent tube
4) lollipop
Which bank offers lollipops?!?

Ummm... asking for a friend. Definitely not considering changing banks.
Appreciate 1
P111541.50
      06-05-2020, 01:20 PM   #49
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardio View Post
Interesting. Can you also pay vendors electronically? Like phone bill, home utilities, etc...?
Sure, it's a regular bank (FDIC insured) but without physical locations. Because of no physical locations and because Charles Schwab they seem to have electronics things figured out pretty well. Biggest issue might be if you receive cash payments frequently that you want to put in the bank I think it would be hassle. My mother has a rental house and this is what stops her from doing it.

Thing I like the most is every ATM in the world is free to me, I remember when I would go out of my way to get to my local banks ATM's.
      06-07-2020, 11:45 AM   #50
AlpineWhite_SJ
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP, 2020 F97 X3MC

Quote:
Sure, it's a regular bank (FDIC insured) but without physical locations. Because of no physical locations and because Charles Schwab they seem to have electronics things figured out pretty well. Biggest issue might be if you receive cash payments frequently that you want to put in the bank I think it would be hassle. My mother has a rental house and this is what stops her from doing it.

Thing I like the most is every ATM in the world is free to me, I remember when I would go out of my way to get to my local banks ATM's.
Cash deposits are really the only downside. We've had Schwab for banking for 10 or so years and the no-ATM fee, no international withdrawal/exchange fee, and mobile deposit are great.
Appreciate 1
David701567.00
      06-17-2020, 07:45 AM   #51
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineWhite_SJ View Post
Quote:

Cash deposits are really the only downside. We've had Schwab for banking for 10 or so years and the no-ATM fee, no international withdrawal/exchange fee, and mobile deposit are great.
I have no ATM fee as well. Just wish ATMs accepted coins.
Appreciate 0