BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) Race 4 Haiti

01-27-2010, 01:27 PM   #1
A1 RDL
www.ryandalziel.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 JB E92 M3

Race 4 Haiti

Hey guys,

Many of you know that I am a member of the forum and driver in the Grand Am Rolex Series.
I am driving the 24hours of Daytona with Action Express racing in the #9 Daytona Prototype then completing the season in newly formed StarWorks Motorsports #8 BMW-Riley.

Myself and Starworks today announced an incredible project.

Please read below or the attached doc for more information and thanks in advance for your supports.

Dalziel and Starworks Launch www.race4haiti.com

Orlando, Florida (January 27, 2010) – As Starworks Motorsport makes its debut competing in the ‘Rolex 24 at Daytona’ this weekend, Saturday 30th – Sunday 31st January, the team, along with Scotland’s Ryan Dalziel, will actively be encouraging race fans to donate to Dunamis Medical Missions in the wake of the Haiti earthquake.

Peter Baron, Starworks Motorsport Team Principal, has created the website – www.race4haiti.com, where online donations can be made with all funds raised going directly to Dunamis Medical Missions – a group of American doctors and nurses already active in Haiti before the devastating earthquakes but now with an even greater need to bring medical supplies and help to the region.

Events in Haiti hit home to both Starworks Motorsport, who are based in Florida – noted for its substantial Haitian community, and the team’s driver, Lanarkshire’s Ryan Dalziel (27), now based in Orlando, Florida – whose wife Jessica has a connection through her parents, both of whom are on the Board of Directors of Dunamis Medical Missions.

"I think what happened in Haiti has touched people worldwide,” commented Dalziel. “My wife and her family have dedicated so much of their lives to helping the people of Haiti that I really wanted to use my position to help Dunamis Medical Missions raise some much needed funding. I know they will put the money to great use in supplying medical aid to the injured."

“Dunamis Medical Missions has been serving the people of Haiti since 1995,” stated Dr. Martin Schnell, co-founder of the charity alongside his wife Marilyn. “The group was in Haiti during the earthquake. I personally worked with ‘Doctors Without Borders’ in the aftermath and I am preparing to take a series of medical teams back in early February. Our immediate goal for the next 1-2 years is disaster relief through health care and feeding programs as well as supporting sister organizations in re-building.”

Dalziel, who will race for Starworks Motorsport from Round 2 of the Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series onwards, will sport decals promoting www.race4haiti.com on his helmet as he competes this weekend in a one-off drive for Action Express Racing at the endurance classic at the Daytona International Speedway in Florida.

Similarly, Starworks Motorsport’s #7 BMW-Riley Daytona Prototype, being driven in the ‘Rolex 24 at Daytona’ by Bill Lester, Dion Von Moltke, Ian James and Mike Forest, will also sport decals to raise awareness of Dunamis Medical Missions fund-raising efforts.

Dunamis Medical Missions is a 501-C-3 non-profit corporation (Tax ID: 58-2187204).

www.race4haiti.com

ENDS – www.ryandalziel.com
Attached Files
File Type: doc RDPR 270110 - Haiti Appeal.doc (148.0 KB, 1224 views)
Appreciate 0