BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) 2010 Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

11-14-2010, 09:52 AM   #111
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Turbo Festiva

Glad this Alonso bastard didnt win. I always hated him and now even more. What did Petrov do exactly? Nothing he drove in a clean manner. I'm sad for Webber he was clearly the RB second driver he deserved the championship BTW. Happy for Vettel too. I've always liked him he seems like a very good guy down to earth etc.....not like an other german driver that didn't finish the race today(Michael) who IMO has to go.

Looking back at the youtube link right above Vitaly should have hit Alonso car or just park on the grass get out and slap the guy.
This Alonso guy rubs me the wrong way, just like Michael.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.

Last edited by mtla4; 11-14-2010 at 09:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 09:54 AM   #112
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
@ VP move a bit over to FA and the Spainard had to dodge a bit....

Vitaly was like...WTF?
      11-14-2010, 09:55 AM   #113
Javi335
Troll but nice
Spain
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by abisson View Post
Video
No finger, he does that typicall "ma che cosa fai!!!" italian gesture

There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 10:00 AM   #114
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi335 View Post
No finger, he does that typicall "ma che cosa fai!!!" italian gesture

According to Russel Peters, this means "Do you want to eat?"...
Attached Images

11-14-2010, 10:01 AM   #115
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
What a great race, no one could predict it would end like this. FA and Webber must have destroyed their tires for them to pit so soon with out a proper gap. Either way it was a huge mistake. Vettel on the other hand was flawless, well deserved championship. Both McLarens had a good race, classic Jensen race by making his tires last. Too bad for LH but we all knew his chances were minimal. Great end to a great seaon!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 10:04 AM   #116
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
One thing I found pretty funny, was how many Renault guys were in the redbull garage partying with them
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 10:07 AM   #117
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
One thing I found pretty funny, was how many Renault guys were in the redbull garage partying with them
There was a lot, but those were engine supplier staffs I believe. I think Renault always sent a different crew for RBR given their use of Renault Engine.
They don't get paid by RBR but Renault. Thus they are wearing Renault uniform instead.
      11-14-2010, 10:07 AM   #118
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Turbo Festiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
Renault supplies the engine for RedBull. These guys had Renault white shirt(motorist) while the team sports yellow shirts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 10:08 AM   #119
Javi335
Troll but nice
Spain
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
"Do you want to eat?"...
... something poisoned"?

There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 10:09 AM   #120
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi335 View Post
... something poisoned"?

Don't mess with Russian mafia tho...
      11-14-2010, 10:30 AM   #121
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtla4 View Post
Renault supplies the engine for RedBull. These guys had Renault white shirt(motorist) while the team sports yellow shirts.

Good point. I didn't notice the different colored shirts, makes sense. I always figured they would still wear RBR shirts
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 10:46 AM   #122
Zoli007
Professional lurker
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, 2016 MCB M3 sold =(

Great race for Vettel, though he was not my favorite to win, he truly deserved it. If you consider he lost out on 75 sure points throughout the year and should have clinched it a few races ago.

Im also very glad to see the world champion do it with a WIN, not squeek into the last race in barely enough position way down the grid to win the championship. Vettel won it in true champion fashion by dominating the whole race weekend, trully well deserved.

Now the boring offseason comes, here's hoping to a nice season next year as well. Beware, Schumi World Champ 2011!!!!
      11-14-2010, 11:18 AM   #123
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Alonso is a bitch. I absolutely despise grown men who act like catty women. Be a fucking man.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 12:36 PM   #124
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
the irony of two renaults holding up alonso was priceless!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 01:16 PM   #125
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Kudos to Vettel and Red Bull. The best team and best driver won. The way it should be. No bullshit team orders, no taking advantage of a loophole in the regs. Just an excellent car design and a superb driver. Well done.

Alonso is a seriously poor sportsman. Very disappointed in his actions after the race. Not the mark of a champion.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 02:17 PM   #126
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Attached Images

11-14-2010, 02:33 PM   #127
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
I almost forgot...a big Congratulations to Christian Horner. At first i doubted his management skill and damage control after the Turkish incident and Silverstone drama.
Then many media suggested he should favor one driver after Korea. However, he stick with what he said, no team orders, just let them race.
a big bow and respect to CH!!!
      11-14-2010, 02:54 PM   #128
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
This is a great day for Red Bull and Vettel, for Austria and Germany, and -- most importantly IMO -- for fair sportsmanship.
ABSOLUTELY. If there's a case against team orders, THIS WAS IT. Had Horner given SV the order to let MW by in Brazil, he'd have cheated SV and himself (or RBR, rather) out of the WDC. I have the biggest respect for Horner now . Glad the cheater lost. And SV earned the title big time, after having more mechanical DNFs than anybody else (and all in P1, I believe).

As far as Petrov, he was fighting for his F1 career, with no contract for 2011 before the last race, so he'd have been nuts to let the cheater thru. He did absolutely nothing wrong. If FA gave him the finger, what a freaking a-hole and sore loser .

What a race . Wasn't expecting SV to win with FA in 3rd after the crucial first few turns, to be honest, but the kid earned it. He matured a lot in the last few races. He was even smilng after losing his engine in Korea. You have to be mentally pretty tough not to let something like that make you lose your cool. Well deserved IMO.

Hey, does he get a special bonus or something for winning? He must be making pretty good money already, but definitely should get better after being a champion, I'd assume, right? What a privilege doing what you love, traveling all over the freaking world, and making millions in the process. I'd gladly do it for $200K a year . Have a good one folks.

Last edited by JCtx; 11-14-2010 at 03:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 02:57 PM   #129
SonnyJack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3/'18 F83 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by abisson View Post
Fuck Alonso. Petrov did what he had to do.
And he did it very well indeed! Alonso was just off the pace for whatever reason and for him to expect anyone but Massa to just move over for him is completely insane.

He needs to step it up a bit next year because it sure sounded like the team was getting impatient and had no idea why he couldn't get past Petrov.

Great podium by the way, 2008, 2009 & 2010 champions all together.

Congrats to Vettel!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 03:06 PM   #130
SonnyJack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3/'18 F83 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
Alonso is a bitch. I absolutely despise grown men who act like catty women. Be a fucking man.
Definitely a diva reaction. It's not like Petrov was lapped traffic. You want to get by him than just pass him!! With that attitude I hope he never wins another championship.

A big FU to FA!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 03:34 PM   #131
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
ABSOLUTELY. If there's a case against team orders, THIS WAS IT. Had Horner given SV the order to let MW by in Brazil, he'd have cheated SV and himself (or RBR, rather) of the WDC. I have the biggest respect for Horner now . Glad the cheater lost. And SV earned the title big time, after having more mechanical DNFs than anybody else (and all in P1, I believe).

As far as Petrov, he was fighting for his F1 career, with no contract for 2011 before the last race, so he'd have been nuts to let the cheater thru. He did absolutely nothing wrong. If FA gave him the finger, what a freaking a-hole and sore loser .

What a race . Wasn't expecting SV to win with FA in 3rd after the crucial first few turns, to be honest, but the kid earned it. He matured a lot in the last few races. He was even smilng after losing his engine in Korea. You have to be mentally pretty tough not to let something like that make you lose your cool. Well deserved IMO.

Hey, does he get a special bonus or something for winning? He must be making pretty good money already, but definitely should get better after being a champion, I'd assume, right? What a privilege doing what you love, traveling all over the freaking world, and making millions in the process. I'd gladly do it for $200K a year . Have a good one folks.
SV just won the championship by 4 points. if RBR placed team order in Brazil, they will pretty much handed the championship to FA...
      11-14-2010, 03:37 PM   #132
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
SV just won the championship by 4 points. if RBR placed team order in Brazil, they will pretty much handed the championship to FA...
Indeed. That was exactly my point. Remember how much flack Horner caught with the cheater crowd for not giving those orders? He'd be kicking himself in the a$$ silly now. That kind of crap doesn't belong on ANY sport. Hey man, thanks again for all your contributions to this forum . Have a great day.
Appreciate 0