05-12-2011, 06:03 AM   #89
hlmiii
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 1M '10 M5 '05 M3 '12 CRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SerieStud View Post
Let the 10-day count down to you buying me a tank of gas begin ...can't wait! I'll PM you my paypal info on May 13th!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveHard View Post
7 days left..... boy that "EPA" test and monroney sticker sure is taking a lonnnnnnnnggg time..
Quote:
paid $4.37 yesterday... I should have taken the bet too...
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange flash View Post
What does it feel like to see that the first delivery went to California when your car has been here for FIVE weeks. Mine has been here for four and it's not scheduled for delivery until Wednesday.When are you getting yours?
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange flash View Post
Your SA should become a writer! His BS would indicate that his genre should be fiction. You are to be applauded for not having an emotional breakdown while being the victim of his unrelenting falsehoods. You have also shown great restraint in not kicking his prevaricating glutes.

I've always believed that actual facts speak for themselves, that people can figure our on their own when they've been wrong and unnecessarily snotty, and that understatement is the best revenge.

If anyone wants further details please feel free to post or PM.

Quote:
less than 3 days left !!! considering the amount of deliveries posted, i wonder if hlmiii is sandbagging and waiting for the 11th hour posting of his car in his driveway !!!
Thus.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 06:23 AM   #90
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

lol there is absolutely nothing wrong with being wrong...you thought you'd get the car April 8th and you were wrong, yet you managed to get it before May 14th and you earned yourself a tank of gas, pal! I am going to need a full picture of the car in a more obvious setting...for all I know that background is some random hotel/motel across the road from the dealer Once the terms have been met, please PM me your Paypal info!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 06:55 AM   #91
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlmiii View Post
A vessel loaded with the first 1M's pulled into Brunswick, GA, last night at 11:30.

Release onto delivery trucks on April 2.
Delivery into dealership cities 3 - 5 days later.

Vehicles into customer hands about two days later.
I'm good.
LOL

The car was delivered a full 32 days later than you estimated and 48 hours shy of 1SerieStud's estimate but I guess you were right and we were all wrong?

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 07:06 AM   #92
hlmiii
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

1SerieStud - check PM.

KingOfJericho - still grinding away, eh? Yeah, what initially cmae from BMW NA turned out to be wrong. What was put out here repeatedly over several weeks through posts was even more wrong, if not somewhat derisive. Deal with the fact that the bet was lost. Simple.

Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 07:27 AM   #93
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
I have no vested interest in the bet - I was simply stating the facts. I'm happy that you finally got your car and disappointed in the amount of misinformation (read: "lies") that was strewn about by your dealer. You should never have been told that the car would have been at your dealer within a week when the model had not yet been certified by the EPA. I'm continually amazed at the line of bullshit that dealers put out when they should be the people in the know, not a few dozen people on a car forum. I know that they have a motivation to give you the best case scenario in the hopes that it will pan out but in the reality of life, it more often than not ends up being much closer to the worst case.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 08:00 AM   #94
orange flash
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 135

Congratulations!! When I picked up my car Monday I didn't post out of deference to your situation.I was lucky,my dealership didn't know anything about the car and didn't guess as yours did.I have the fully loaded VO also. Wasn't the wait worth it! We both know what a beast this beautiful orange car is . I'm going to go to work now but will take a detour and take a little drive on Ocean Drive on South Beach. Don't you love the thumbs up and double take you get when gearheads realize it's a 1m?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 08:45 AM   #95
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep

I checked my PM's but I don't see anything from you...are you sure you PMed me?

I don't think King was arguing whether I lost the bet or not...I lost it clean and clear, however, he was trying to make a point that my estimate was much closer than the lies they fed you. In the end, I'm a good sport and I have no problem buying a fellow enthusiast a tank of gas, mainly for a car that's an identical twin to the one headed my way
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 09:06 AM   #96
hlmiii
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Orange -
Ha. So right.

Top Ten Reasons The 1M Is A Keeper
10 - it doesn't look like anything that's ever been put on the asphalt by a mainstream automaker.
9 - it's fat and is in a bad mood.
8 - because of 1 and 2, above, BMW had to mix Valencia Orange.
7 - the exhaust is worth the premium (all by itself).
6 - the clutch, shifter, and gearbox are like no other BMW. The combination is short, quick, tight without restriction, and smooth. Gears slide into place. Again - worthy alone of the admission ticket.
5 - the ride is grounded, firm, tight and ... smooth. WTF? A track-targeted car that rides better than its street sibling? Yes.
4 - having the "M" plastered on virtually every underside part - including the inner wheel wells - is cool. So much for the "it's not an M" stuff; BMW obviously thinks that it is. lol
3 - the Alcantara extends onto the panels in the rear seat area.
2 - the steering response is damn-near perfect. BMW finally gets this dead right.
1 - the 1M proves that BMW can produce a contemporary product that is arguably better than the E30. We can move on.

Last edited by hlmiii; 05-12-2011 at 09:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 09:08 AM   #97
hlmiii
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

1SerieStud
You're right. It vanished. I'll try to recreate.

Thx. We need to come up with a charity for the $$$. You pick the organization. I'll match your contribution.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 09:31 AM   #98
DriveHard
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: X1 and R58 JCW

hlmii....

First...CONGRATS on the Delivery of your 1M... I truely am Jealous of you and the car...

I hold absolutly no negativity toward you and what transpired in this thread... Its a beautiful car, an i was lucky to get my hands on (albiet not mine) a BSM that a customer took delivery of just yesterday... we all oogled at it, checked it out, heard the exhaust, and even discovered that the car got the same mobility kit that the M3 has... didnt even realize too look and never put the non-rft and mobility kit together in my head..

as far as the "snooty-ness" it wasnt.. Im a regular guy just like you with a pretty cool job that allows me acces to alot / everything BMW that you could imagine.

I usually dont comment in this Forum when someone makes an absolutly un-founded remark or supposed fact.. BUT every once and a while I do because I think it is better for all, over all.. In this case, it got a little off course and the internet humor kicked in.. we are all big bioys... I hope you are no longer offended.

I must agree with King of Jericho.... although you won 100%... we were off by hours...you were off by 20+ days... Life is relative...

remember that SA LIED TO YOU THE WHOLE WAY TO TRY TO MAKE YOU HAPPY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...HE DIDNT HAVE A CLUE. The certification was BS, epa was BS, instructions from BMW were TRUE and they proved it by releasing the cars to the transporters on the day they did ( 8th or 9th if i recall)

once again, Congrats and drive the balls off that car..

Now, I have to go upstairs and see if i could get out of my lease, and see if there is 1 car left in the allocation....LOL LOL

and p.s. i called the last minute delivery... i knew we lost 2 days ago when that BSM 1m was dropped off here..
      05-12-2011, 09:33 AM   #99
DriveHard
Colonel
Colombia
Rep

Quote:
1SerieStud
You're right. It vanished. I'll try to recreate.

Thx. We need to come up with a charity for the $$$. You pick the organization. I'll match your contribution.
Im in... post it up... 13 gallons at 4.25 ??? $55.00 ????? send it to the red cross.. there are enough natural disasters lately that they need it the most...
      05-12-2011, 10:04 AM   #100
hlmiii
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

DriveHard -

I was in the first third of your post, appreciating the manner of it.

And then: "SA LIED TO YOU THE WHOLE WAY TO TRY TO MAKE YOU HAPPY."
This is just nothing but hateful cr*p. It is near-slanderous, an accusation made by someone who has absolutely no knowledge of the facts, the statements made, the context, nor the human being(s) involved.

Notwithstanding my contribution to the Red Cross, I am finished.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 10:23 AM   #101
cracka
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Finally, a Texas 1M delivery report. I think I'm gonna . Congrats, hlmiii!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 10:30 AM   #102
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep

Fellas, as mentioned above, we are all humorous big boys. Let's keep this argument-free.

To the OP, I just sent you a reply asking you to choose the charity of choice, without having read the latest replies to this thread yet. Let's go with the red cross as suggested. I will be donating $55 to them!

Enjoy your amazing machine!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 10:53 AM   #103
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Orange -
Ha. So right.

Top Ten Reasons The 1M Is A Keeper
10 - it doesn't look like anything that's ever been put on the asphalt by a mainstream automaker.
9 - it's fat and is in a bad mood.
8 - because of 1 and 2, above, BMW had to mix Valencia Orange.
7 - the exhaust is worth the premium (all by itself).
6 - the clutch, shifter, and gearbox are like no other BMW. The combination is short, quick, tight without restriction, and smooth. Gears slide into place. Again - worthy alone of the admission ticket.
5 - the ride is grounded, firm, tight and ... smooth. WTF? A track-targeted car that rides better than its street sibling? Yes.
4 - having the "M" plastered on virtually every underside part - including the inner wheel wells - is cool. So much for the "it's not an M" stuff; BMW obviously thinks that it is. lol
3 - the Alcantara extends onto the panels in the rear seat area.
2 - the steering response is damn-near perfect. BMW finally gets this dead right.
1 - the 1M proves that BMW can produce a contemporary product that is arguably better than the E30. We can move on.
Tihe #1 reason is what has amazed me!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 12:08 PM   #104
DriveHard
Colonel
Colombia
Rep

Quote:
DriveHard -

I was in the first third of your post, appreciating the manner of it.

And then: "SA LIED TO YOU THE WHOLE WAY TO TRY TO MAKE YOU HAPPY."
This is just nothing but hateful cr*p. It is near-slanderous, an accusation made by someone who has absolutely no knowledge of the facts, the statements made, the context, nor the human being(s) involved.

Notwithstanding my contribution to the Red Cross, I am finished.
Near slanderous ???????

No knowledge of facts ?????

Hateful ??????

this was your post from 4/11/2011

And still docked ...

It's the EPA.
New model + new engine = new EPA certification process. Each car entering into the US market has to go through this: each car has to be individually certified. The prior 135 and engine aren't sufficient to qualify the 1M**
Geeeessshhh

This is the reason for the 10-day non-activity. The trucking company remains waiting to pick it up, subject only to clearance.
Grrrrrrr ...

**This should finally convince all the doubters that the 1M really is a different product from the 135 ...

(-jk-)

And, BTW, BMWNA is still saying repeatedly that there is no hold.

I responded that THEY LIED TO YOU and they did... you dont have to believe that, but they did...

here is my proof : 1M was issued EPA certification on 2/23/2010 <<<<<< thats right 2010 !!!!

I have attached the certificates for your review..

not only do i know what i am talking about, but I can prove it...

Hateful??? i already said i was jealous of you and you car.. and i said congrats...

even when you "won" you loose...
Attached Images
File Type: pdf cert1M.pdf (102.6 KB, 83 views)
File Type: pdf cert1M.2.pdf (39.9 KB, 119 views)
      05-12-2011, 02:07 PM   #105
torquedemon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M

Garage List
Its good to see healthy disagreement in a car forum specially taking into account the unpredictable nature of the bet that was placed between the two 1Addicts Members. Lets not lose that degree of civility and credibility by dragging this issue further. Both members are happy with the outcome so lets leave it at that.....

COngrats hlmiii for taking delivery of your beautiful VO...I look forward to hearing more about your initial impressions.....Drive safe!
Appreciate 0