BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum anyone else had to replace their thrust arm bushings

04-05-2024, 10:12 AM   #23
Madsen203
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunjabiM3 View Post
That is crazy that BMW one did not cover it but my non BMW extended warranty did over it. Just have to pay a $50 deductible.
What warranty? Always good to hear from folks who have had to use 3rd party warranties and were successful getting coverage.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 05:17 PM   #24
ledphut
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Garage List
2022 Alpina CB7  [3.50]
So I took my XB7 in for a cracked windshield and while talking with my SA I mentioned a clicking noise coming from the front end when parked and turning the steering wheel side to side.

Turns out the entire steering rack and ball joints needed replacing! While performing that job they also discovered that both thrust bushings were blown out so they swaped those out as well.

Total cost for both jobs would’ve been close to $15K, but thankfully it was all covered under the factory warranty!

I still ended up shelling out $3800 for the windshield, but I expect full reimbursement from the insurance company (NatGen).

We definitely need to keep an account open specifically for big repairs as I plan to keep this one long term.
Appreciate 0