BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Center Cap - MSW type 48

06-22-2021, 07:39 PM   #1
AdmirG07
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 2021 x7

Center Cap - MSW type 48

I know it's too early to think winter but here I'm. I ordered 21" set up via Tirerack of MSW Type 48 wheels. With some Blizzaks, that are on sale btw!

I'm now looking to change out the center caps, the tire rack rep told me they are 69mm, I can only find 68mm. Am I safe to order 68 or do they actually have 69? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2021, 09:45 AM   #2
swissguy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirG07 View Post
I know it's too early to think winter but here I'm. I ordered 21" set up via Tirerack of MSW Type 48 wheels. With some Blizzaks, that are on sale btw!

I'm now looking to change out the center caps, the tire rack rep told me they are 69mm, I can only find 68mm. Am I safe to order 68 or do they actually have 69? Thanks!
I could not find the BMW caps for my MSW type 48 wheels so I got stick on caps which stick on over the MSW caps. I went through last winter with no issues. You can't tell they are stickons
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2021, 11:05 AM   #3
AdmirG07
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 2021 x7

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirG07 View Post

I could not find the BMW caps for my MSW type 48 wheels so I got stick on caps which stick on over the MSW caps. I went through last winter with no issues. You can't tell they are stickons
What size did you try? Any reason why it couldn't fit?

Picture of current set up?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2021, 03:03 PM   #4
BMWBear
Ultimate Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
I did the same thing because there were no OEM centercaps that fit my Vossen wheels. Bought them from Amazon and added some 3M emblem tape. You can hardly tell they're not OEM even if you're up close.

Appreciate 0
      06-24-2021, 12:06 PM   #5
djbonsu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 05' L322 Range Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYEIL View Post
I did the same thing because there were no OEM centercaps that fit my Vossen wheels. Bought them from Amazon and added some 3M emblem tape. You can hardly tell they're not OEM even if you're up close.

Im thinking I will do the same with my winter setup. What size did you order? Any link?
2020 X7 xDrive40i Mineral White//Ivory White Full Merino//Piano Black Trim//Cold Weather//Driving Assistance//Luxury Seating// Executive//Style 755-22" Y-Spoke Wheels//Space Saver Spare//Leather Dash//Ambient Air//Harmon Kardon//Extended Shadowline//Alcantara Headliner//
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2021, 01:08 PM   #6
BMWBear
Ultimate Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbonsu View Post
Im thinking I will do the same with my winter setup. What size did you order? Any link?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Appreciate 1
djbonsu113.00
      12-05-2022, 10:27 AM   #7
PinkNinja400Guy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 X7 M50

Quote:
swissguy do you have a link to the stick on caps that you bought for your MSW wheels?
Appreciate 0