BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum order is sitting in Quality Check

10-26-2023, 07:52 PM   #67
imaus
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWFanBoi View Post
Just got off the phone with Genius and they said the car was at VPC yesterday and loaded onto a trailer. Delivery should be expected either tonight or tomorrow. Hopefully, PDI Friday so that we can pick-up on Saturday!
Any updates?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2023, 09:50 PM   #68
BMWFanBoi
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaus View Post
Any updates?
Still At Port status! The most I have checked in one day lol (3 times). I thought the third time would be the charm.

Any updates on your end?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2023, 09:52 PM   #69
imaus
Rep

Quote:
Still At Port status! The most I have checked in one day lol (3 times). I thought the third time would be the charm.

Any updates on your end?
I am sorry. Mine was picked up yesterday and is scheduled to be at the dealership on Saturday all being well.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2023, 09:58 PM   #70
BMWFanBoi
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I am sorry. Mine was picked up yesterday and is scheduled to be at the dealership on Saturday all being well.
No apologies needed! At least one Texan can enjoy a new BMW on the streets of The Lone Star State hopefully Saturday afternoon or evening!

That is exciting news, hopefully it can be delivered early Saturday, PDI’d and then released.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2023, 10:01 PM   #71
imaus
Rep

Quote:
No apologies needed! At least one Texan can enjoy a new BMW on the streets of The Lone Star State hopefully Saturday afternoon or evening!

That is exciting news, hopefully it can be delivered early Saturday, PDI’d and then released.
Thanks! Realistically I am resigned to it being early next week which is fine. Once yours is released it shouldn’t take longer than 2-3 days to get to Houston. Keep us updated!
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2023, 11:05 PM   #72
imaus
Rep

Quote:

Sorry, I haven’t had time to update but got a call from my advisor letting me know the car was delivered very early on Friday so I went yesterday to pick it up. There was some paint issues (minor) from delivery so that will be addressed tomorrow. My detailer is picking up the car for PPF direct from the dealership after so should have it all to myself later this week. Any updates on yours?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2023, 11:28 PM   #73
BMWFanBoi
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Sorry, I haven’t had time to update but got a call from my advisor letting me know the car was delivered very early on Friday so I went yesterday to pick it up. There was some paint issues (minor) from delivery so that will be addressed tomorrow. My detailer is picking up the car for PPF direct from the dealership after so should have it all to myself later this week. Any updates on yours?
Hey, my CA called me Friday around 7:45pm and said that the car was picked up and “In Transit” status. The vehicle should already be here according to my calculations as long as there were no traffic/weather delays. He said I can come by Monday 10/30 to inspect the vehicle. I am OCD so I will take my time to inspect the exterior and interior. Since, it is my wife’s vehicle she will do paperwork on Tuesday 10/31 (Halloween) and go Trick-o-Treating at BMW herself .

I was planning on having the detailer pick-up directly from dealer as well. However, my wife won’t be finished with paperwork until Tuesday night 7-8pm. I will drive it home behind my wife and will be taking it to the detailer Thursday. Going to drive on local roads and avoid highway!!!

At least it was only minor paint issues and nothing major. Should be easily addressed with your dealer.

Few questions:

1. During your inspection of the vehicle, were you able to test power seats, lights, windows etc?

2. What brand of PPF did you go with? Any ceramic coating? If so, what brand? Lastly, window tint and what brand?

I know, most people reading this will think what about trick-o-treating for the kids. Have that taken care of since we have help around the house. I think the kids are more excited for the vehicle and rather us bring it home lol.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2023, 07:16 AM   #74
Orient330iNYC
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Hey, my CA called me Friday around 7:45pm and said that the car was picked up and “In Transit” status. The vehicle should already be here according to my calculations as long as there were no traffic/weather delays. He said I can come by Monday 10/30 to inspect the vehicle. I am OCD so I will take my time to inspect the exterior and interior. Since, it is my wife’s vehicle she will do paperwork on Tuesday 10/31 (Halloween) and go Trick-o-Treating at BMW herself .

I was planning on having the detailer pick-up directly from dealer as well. However, my wife won’t be finished with paperwork until Tuesday night 7-8pm. I will drive it home behind my wife and will be taking it to the detailer Thursday. Going to drive on local roads and avoid highway!!!

At least it was only minor paint issues and nothing major. Should be easily addressed with your dealer.

Few questions:

1. During your inspection of the vehicle, were you able to test power seats, lights, windows etc?

2. What brand of PPF did you go with? Any ceramic coating? If so, what brand? Lastly, window tint and what brand?

I know, most people reading this will think what about trick-o-treating for the kids. Have that taken care of since we have help around the house. I think the kids are more excited for the vehicle and rather us bring it home lol.
1) yep, try to go in the daytime to check the car. take pics of all panels and interior while on the dealer lot in case you miss something- evidence an issue was present before u drove off the lot. you might not see something at the time, but the picture will capture it.

2) PPF: xpel. tint, xpel XR prime right now the best in terms of heat rejection. XR Prime plus isnt really worth the upcharge.
Past: 2019 G01 M40i ZDA/2VF/ZPP/ZPX/688/3AC
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2023, 12:16 PM   #75
BMWFanBoi
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orient330iNYC View Post
1) yep, try to go in the daytime to check the car. take pics of all panels and interior while on the dealer lot in case you miss something- evidence an issue was present before u drove off the lot. you might not see something at the time, but the picture will capture it.

2) PPF: xpel. tint, xpel XR prime right now the best in terms of heat rejection. XR Prime plus isnt really worth the upcharge.
1) Yeah, I wish I had time during the day since the lighting will help tremendously. However, with me being at my office the whole day doesn’t help. My CA is great and he said he would bring the car into their showroom where they keep sold vehicles, so I could get a better look with lighting. Thanks for the advice in terms of pics, was definitely going to take pics of any issues! Hopefully, there will none, fingers crossed!

2) The dealer I am working with uses XPEL PPF and I am planning on just the high impact areas. Tint will be XPEL Prime, my dealer said it isn’t worth the upgrade to Plus. I am planning on doing the front windshield 70%, but not the panoramic roof.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2023, 12:54 PM   #76
Orient330iNYC
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
1) Yeah, I wish I had time during the day since the lighting will help tremendously. However, with me being at my office the whole day doesn’t help. My CA is great and he said he would bring the car into their showroom where they keep sold vehicles, so I could get a better look with lighting. Thanks for the advice in terms of pics, was definitely going to take pics of any issues! Hopefully, there will none, fingers crossed!

2) The dealer I am working with uses XPEL PPF and I am planning on just the high impact areas. Tint will be XPEL Prime, my dealer said it isn’t worth the upgrade to Plus. I am planning on doing the front windshield 70%, but not the panoramic roof.
you should absolutely do the pano and rear glass in 70% cuts the heat down alot.

I'm in NYC, i have Air80 on my windshield, xpel prime 70% on the pano and all the back glass, and xpel prime 30% on the front. the amount it reduces heat in the summer time even this far north is very noticeable.
xpel prime 70 takes the rear glass from IRR of 93% to 99%
the pano does not have alot of IR Rejection, its just smoked glass. the side rear acoustic glass blocks about 93%
Appreciate 1
      10-30-2023, 01:05 PM   #77
BMWFanBoi
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orient330iNYC View Post
you should absolutely do the pano and rear glass in 70% cuts the heat down alot.

I'm in NYC, i have Air80 on my windshield, xpel prime 70% on the pano and all the back glass, and xpel prime 30% on the front. the amount it reduces heat in the summer time even this far north is very noticeable.
I am debating the pano since there are the LED mood lighting. Not sure if doing a tint will affect how they will function in the future. Can you explain what Air80 is? My dealer said they can do XPEL tint 70% for front windshield. No mention of Air80. For the front passenger and driver I am doing 20% and the rest of the windows I am looking at 15%.

Still debating on the tint percentages since I am looking to add a front and rear dash cam. Specifically, the Nextbase 622 GW dash cam.

I am planning on starting a new thread in regards to dash cam recommendations. Haven’t gotten to it yet.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2023, 01:17 PM   #78
Orient330iNYC
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I am debating the pano since there are the LED mood lighting. Not sure if doing a tint will affect how they will function in the future. Can you explain what Air80 is? My dealer said they can do XPEL tint 70% for front windshield. No mention of Air80. For the front passenger and driver I am doing 20% and the rest of the windows I am looking at 15%.

Still debating on the tint percentages since I am looking to add a front and rear dash cam. Specifically, the Nextbase 622 GW dash cam.

I am planning on starting a new thread in regards to dash cam recommendations. Haven’t gotten to it yet.
air 80 is a windshield specific film from llumar. i wanted as little tint on the windshield as possible. 80% vlt so its a little lighter than prime 70

70% on the pano will basically be invisible and should not impact the skylounge. the leds are on the side, they merely reflect off of ceramic spots on the glass. i beleive some other users have tinted the skylounge, and 70% didnt have any impact.

factory glass in the rear is about 18% vlt. if you put 15% film, you'll have an effective vlt of ~3%. i dont think the rear view dashcam will be able to see much through that, expecially at night.

70% on the windshield shouldnt impact the dashcam.
this is my A139 pro (starvis 2 sensor) at night through Air80 at night during rain.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0