BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Travel and Comfort System Attachment Lineup With Pictures

05-13-2021, 05:45 PM   #23
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyzzz View Post
Thank you for your detail introduction!
So to install the folding table on an X7, do I have to have a base carrier in between the passenger headrest columns, or can it just attach to that hole in the seatback?
You don't have to have the base carrier, but if you don't, and use the seatback port, you'll likely find the table is too low, even at its highest settings.
And road trip journal to Denali and the Arctic Circle here in this thread!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2021, 09:38 AM   #24
Patgilm
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GT-R, X7 M50i, M340

I’m looking to get one of these attachments for my kids. Wild Blue, since you seem to have all of these, which do you recommend for using the iPad, the actual iPad holder or the table coupled with the attachment under the headrest?
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2021, 02:47 PM   #25
Phasers
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 X7 40i, 2024 X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patgilm View Post
I’m looking to get one of these attachments for my kids. Wild Blue, since you seem to have all of these, which do you recommend for using the iPad, the actual iPad holder or the table coupled with the attachment under the headrest?
I'm not Wild Blue, but I am leaning towards getting this one myself: https://www.getbmwparts.com/oem-part...se-51952408224
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2021, 05:05 PM   #26
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patgilm View Post
Qualified answer--if it were me, I'd get the tablet holder, as it would keep it up out of the person's lap, giving them more space, and put the screen up closer to eye level.

But having that space open in front of you does mean the screen is slightly further and higher. That's great for viewing, but if the viewer is the kind of person that does a lot of tapping and interacting with the screen, they may find it easier to have the screen in their lap on the table attachment. And then of course the table could also be used for other activities too. If you do go this route, as I pointed out, just make sure you also get the base carrier, so the table can be higher as needed.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2021, 08:34 AM   #27
Patgilm
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GT-R, X7 M50i, M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
Qualified answer--if it were me, I'd get the tablet holder, as it would keep it up out of the person's lap, giving them more space, and put the screen up closer to eye level.

But having that space open in front of you does mean the screen is slightly further and higher. That's great for viewing, but if the viewer is the kind of person that does a lot of tapping and interacting with the screen, they may find it easier to have the screen in their lap on the table attachment. And then of course the table could also be used for other activities too. If you do go this route, as I pointed out, just make sure you also get the base carrier, so the table can be higher as needed.
Exactly the info I was looking for, thank you.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2021, 10:24 AM   #28
Nath4n
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X7_M50d(2020), X5_30d(2015)

I almost regret having the rear entertaining system.
Appreciate 1
Wild Blue3683.50
      08-26-2021, 12:59 PM   #29
jeepnut80
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 G07 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialBlue View Post
Love your threads. Keep going

Is it true that safety case is optional for Ipad?
I use the tablet/ipad attachment along with a generic Amazon iPad case and it works perfectly. The generic case was $20 vs. the $50 BMW case. The iPad fits snug and secure in the holder with this case. we also have tempered glass on the iPad screen with this case that we purchased separately.

Here is a link to the case I use for both of my kids with the attachment.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08PQGN33F...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Here is a link to the glass I have on both iPads

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
21 G07 40i Blck Sap Met/Blck Vernasca/Fineline Blck Wood/M Sp Trim/Cold Weath/Park Asst/Lux Seat/Prem Pkg 2/Glass Ctrls/754M 21 wheel/Ext Shadow Trim/Alcantara Headliner/Cap Chair/M Sp Brake Black Cal
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2021, 02:39 PM   #30
superpanjy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Great post. Thanks for sharing
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 05:12 AM   #31
alix london
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Garage List
2021 bmx x5 45e  [0.00]
issues without safety case

Quote:
I think BMW would say "no", but it works without it for many of us.
so my kids ipads are sliding out of the holder. they are in 3rdy party silicon cases.. but refuse to stay in during twisty alpine roads - they just slide either into side window or out into middle of car... lazy bmw design its easy to make a universal grip - instead they want you to buy a multipart system 1 for every different size ipad you own..
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 03:26 PM   #32
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alix london View Post
so my kids ipads are sliding out of the holder. they are in 3rdy party silicon cases.. but refuse to stay in during twisty alpine roads - they just slide either into side window or out into middle of car... lazy bmw design its easy to make a universal grip - instead they want you to buy a multipart system 1 for every different size ipad you own..
That's a shame. I would have assumed the iPad holder would have enough grip on the silicon cases. It does seem to have enough grip on the Otterbox Defender case we have on my daughter's iPad. That case is made out of silicon/rubber.

I wonder if you could do some sort of jerry-rigging on it, like scuff up the middle edges of the case, where it's held by the holder, to give it more friction. Or file the holder grip portion, to give it pointy teeth, also for more friction.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2022, 03:29 PM   #33
Hadgor
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 40i 2023

Has anyone tried to fit an iPad Pro 12.9 in the BMW tablet holder? Will it fit???
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2022, 02:09 PM   #34
Belnir
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 F10 M5 - sapphire black

I have a better system in the works. Will be showing it in the next week or two and ill be selling the parts as a kit
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2023, 06:48 AM   #35
workstation
Rep
Drives: (coming soon)

I am also curious if a iPad Pro 12.9" fits in the holder.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2023, 07:10 PM   #36
XB7
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 G63 & 24 XB7

Garage List
2024 XB7  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belnir View Post
I have a better system in the works. Will be showing it in the next week or two and ill be selling the parts as a kit
Did I miss this?
Appreciate 1
      02-16-2023, 05:27 PM   #37
chicagox7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Q7, 07 RDX, 23 X7 40i-soon

Quote:
There's a couple threads with questions about one or two of these attachments. People were requesting system pics, so thought I'd do a comprehensive thread with pictures of all current Travel and Comfort System attachments.

To make sure everyone's in the know, the little slotted box next to the USB-C port on the back of all front X7 seats (except overseas markets, where the Travel & Comfort system either needs to be added, or isn't possible with M Multifunction seats) is for the Travel and Comfort system.

BMW currently makes four T&C attachments, and a headrest base piece where an attachment could be added to the back of any headrest with sufficient room.

Things common to the whole system: All of the T&C system pieces have very thick, sturdy construction, and generally good design. High quality construction and materials. They can take some pressure and abuse, to alleviate concern about it taking a good hit from something, as someone gets in and out of the car, or loads cargo, and then potentially breaking the attachment, or even the T&C port itself. The attachments click in securely. I found they're not that easy to take back out, though. You have to firmly pinch two release buttons on the attachment right up against the port, and then give a good pull to pull them out. But even though I have medium-sized hands, it's awkward to get the hand in, push the buttons HARD, and then pull enough. When the piece does come out, it usually flies out with [...]
Wild Blue- great write up, thank you. We’re thinking of getting the BMW seat protector/organizer for the back of our front seats (we have little ones who’s feet love to kick the seat). Do you think the table would work with the seat protector installed (recognize we’d need to buy the base and connect it under the headrest). It’s hard to tell how much clearance there ‘really’ is behind the attachment and the table in the pics. Thanks for any thoughts/insights.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2023, 08:33 AM   #38
chicagox7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Q7, 07 RDX, 23 X7 40i-soon

Wild Blue this was a very helpful post for us when we researched the TCC options and peoples experience. It helped us in our decision to buy the tables and the headrest attachment for our longer car trips. Curious if you use the metal clips that came with the headset attachment? I can see thier usefulness to make it a stronger connection, just not sure if it’s really needed. The hesitation stems from the likelihood of loosing the ‘unlocking’ clip thing.

Also, for others with little ones thinking about this, we have the bmw back seat ‘kick’ protectors with all the pockets and storage. When attached at the headrest, the table blocks the top pockets, but the rest remain accessible. We’ve not tried this with the stabilizer bar properly positioned yet, though suspect that won’t cause any issues.

Thanks again for the detailed review. It’s still helping folks years after the original post!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2023, 03:11 PM   #39
IvanLambert
Registered
Rep
Drives: Toyota

Hey there! Thanks for sharing this comprehensive thread with pictures of all the current Travel and Comfort System attachments. It's great to have a visual reference for these features. For those interested, you can also find helpful travel information and schedules on the DB Fahrplan website dbfahrplan.com/de/. Wishing everyone happy travels with their Travel and Comfort System! Enjoy the convenience and comfort it brings on your journeys. Safe travels! 🚗✨

Last edited by IvanLambert; 06-29-2023 at 03:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2023, 09:11 AM   #40
dudical26
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaTe View Post
Universal tablet holder with regular iPad on left and iPad mini on right. Both iPads in otterbox cases.
It looks like the ipad mini has to be held the long way in the holder, rather than on the sides?
Does this block the charge port and speakers?
Appreciate 0