BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum X7 four bulb headlights are very annoying

02-27-2020, 10:34 AM   #45
MAPINE
Rep
Drives: X7

Because he thought my brights were on. We live in the middle of nowhere and we were both stopped at an intersection facing each other.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 11:03 AM   #46
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

Right, which you then demonstrated they are not on. So he pulled you over for his assumption turning out to be wrong? I don't get it.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 07:39 AM   #47
pellet8
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
Right, which you then demonstrated they are not on. So he pulled you over for his assumption turning out to be wrong? I don't get it.
What’s so difficult to get? He got pulled over. He then demonstrated that the high beam was not on. The cop said sorry for the bother. They moved on.

Annoyance like this is definitely not what I planned for when I bought my X7. I hope it won’t happen to me or to anybody.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 08:31 AM   #48
nclee
Rep
Drives: BMW X7, Lexus RX 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by pellet8 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young04 View Post
Our X7's lights aren't that bright. The LEDs on my JL Wrangler are brighter. I occasionally get flashed in both. I've gotten tired of flashing back.
The auto-highbeam function, whatever it is called, reduces the flashes. I have it on all the time now.
My experience is the opposite! I occasionally get flashed (especially by trucks on the highway) when using auto-dim, but hardly ever when dimming manually or when not using high-beams at all. I live in Europe and have the laser lights.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 11:30 AM   #49
iconoclast
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
What’s so difficult to get? He got pulled over. He then demonstrated that the high beam was not on. The cop said sorry for the bother. They moved on.
i believe your time line is incorrect. he got pulled over after flashing him back, after demonstrating the high beams were not on. so it appears it was just a power move on the officer's part nothing more.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 04:06 PM   #50
pellet8
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nclee View Post
My experience is the opposite! I occasionally get flashed (especially by trucks on the highway) when using auto-dim, but hardly ever when dimming manually or when not using high-beams at all. I live in Europe and have the laser lights.
What is this laser light thing that everyone is talking about? Is it not available in the US?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 04:08 PM   #51
iconoclast
No_Country
Rep

laser headlights. they're available but limited to half their ability.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 08:02 PM   #52
jcarlilesiu
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 50i

Quote:
Only if I can return it, I would do it....
Because other people think you have your high beams on?

Really?
Appreciate 1
iconoclast7257.50
      02-28-2020, 08:07 PM   #53
jcarlilesiu
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paultattoo View Post
Ya but they cheaper out in the cornering lights... only available on the 50
I dont have cornering lights on my 50i
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 08:10 PM   #54
jcarlilesiu
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAPINE View Post
Funny enough I got pulled over today because I flashed the car back and it was a cop. I’d love to know what your service advisor tells you because this is getting old.
What were you stopped for? Making the cop feel dumb?
Appreciate 1
iconoclast7257.50
      03-03-2020, 02:48 PM   #55
pellet8
Rep

Quote:
Sorry to hear. If the issue isn’t resolved, incident like this will keep occurring. Will update next week.
Just came out of the dealership. They adjusted the low beam to aim lower. Nothing they can do on the brightness. Will see if this helps.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 05:08 PM   #56
FishOuttaWater
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 X7 40i/'20 F-350/21 Jeep

I want dimmer headlights.... Said no one ever. Your issue has to be the aim. We live on a dark 2 lane road with an oak tree canopy and I rarely ever get flashed. Hopefully the adjustment will alleviate the issue you are having. Good luck.
Appreciate 1
iconoclast7257.50
      03-03-2020, 05:26 PM   #57
iconoclast
No_Country
Rep

Same here. Love the lights, never had an issue with any LED headlights including these.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 07:09 PM   #58
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
Same here. Love the lights, never had an issue with any LED headlights including these.
Yep! No problem here either. Love the head lights on my X7.
Appreciate 1
iconoclast7257.50
      03-04-2020, 05:07 AM   #59
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by F90POWER View Post
I haven’t had it happen yet and I also have the Euro light anti dazzle codes which has brights on almost all the time
This has been much ruminated about here, but I don't feel ever nailed down definitively. You're on an M5, yes? Not an X7? Don't think I've heard of someone anti-dazzle coding the X7 laser lights yet, for full performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvnrg1981 View Post
So let them flash, I'm glad I can see the road at night. Also I coded Anti-dazzle back on..and it amazing.
Same...you're also on an M5, yes?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2020, 09:39 AM   #60
swissguy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch57 View Post
Yep! No problem here either. Love the head lights on my X7.
Me too. The best lights I have ever had on a car!!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2020, 02:58 PM   #61
MB21
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M5.0i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Previous discussion:

New headlights too bright... at first? https://g07.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1671700

Personally, I wouldn't obsess over it and just flash back. And no you can't remove the inner projection units - it's a single harness connecting your headlights. Don't modify just for random drivers on the road.

If you really want a two LED headlamp vehicle - get a X5 with standard LED.

Only if I can return it, I would do it....
This is absolute nonsense sorry. Apparently you must have your light set wrong, go to dealer and check alignment reference, perhaps calibration is off.

I do get flash at time to time and technically always from those who have headlights like a candle light,

I am sure there will be plenty of those who will exchange X5 for X7 perhaps you should post
This way you get simpler lights as you wish.
Appreciate 1
iconoclast7257.50
      03-24-2020, 03:21 PM   #62
iconoclast
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Just came out of the dealership. They adjusted the low beam to aim lower. Nothing they can do on the brightness. Will see if this helps.
Please post photos of beam pattern after adjustment/calibration.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 07:46 AM   #63
nosnoop
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 5 Series

Quote:
First time I heard about complaints about headlights being too bright.

BMW has one of the best headlights design.
You can clearly see from your headlight illumination on the wall that the cut off is very sharp, and there should be no glare to oncoming driver. Maybe there aren't that many BMWs in your area? As almost all new BMWs with upgraded headlights have 4 headlights on (so do Mercedes, Audi....)

Get someone who can do coding to re-activate the anti-dazzle function. You will not drive another car without one.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 10:04 AM   #64
swissguy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB21 View Post
This is absolute nonsense sorry. Apparently you must have your light set wrong, go to dealer and check alignment reference, perhaps calibration is off.

I do get flash at time to time and technically always from those who have headlights like a candle light,

I am sure there will be plenty of those who will exchange X5 for X7 perhaps you should post
I agree with this being nonsense. The X7 headlight system is a 4 headlight system whether on low beam or on high beam. On high beam it just adds additional light to the already "on" low beams. On low beam people see 4 headlights and "think" that you have your high beams on because they have been conditioned over the years that when you see 4 headlights, the high beams are on. When/if people "flash" you just flash them back and move on. As info, the VW Atlas has a similar type system where there are 4 headlights on on both low and high beam. Thank goodness we are still not saddled with sealed beam systems!!! If you are still unhappy with the car after this explanation then just go and purchase a different car.....
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 07:59 PM   #65
MB21
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M5.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB21 View Post

I agree with this being nonsense. The X7 headlight system is a 4 headlight system whether on low beam or on high beam. On high beam it just adds additional light to the already "on" low beams. On low beam people see 4 headlights and "think" that you have your high beams on because they have been conditioned over the years that when you see 4 headlights, the high beams are on. When/if people "flash" you just flash them back and move on. As info, the VW Atlas has a similar type system where there are 4 headlights on on both low and high beam. Thank goodness we are still not saddled with sealed beam systems!!! If you are still unhappy with the car after this explanation then just go and purchase a different car.....
Here is an image of the light functions, as you can see low beams and high beams come from top or bottom of the light lense
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-12-2020, 06:35 PM   #66
vink
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5C, 2020 BMW X7 M50i

I'm kind of annoyed, not with oncoming traffic flashing but cars using high beams on me after I overtake them on freeways. It has become a big nuisance. Cars are on right lanes are using parking lights to indicate that I'm using high beams when I'm behind them. I don't remember this to be so noticeable in the beginning but now pretty much everyone including trucks are using high beams on me when I cross them. I'll get the headlights checked to see if the dealer can adjust/lower the angle of the beam or if there's any misalignment.
Appreciate 0