BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Timeframe

04-20-2019, 12:09 AM   #89
DorianGray_
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 50i

Well I picked her up finally! After getting her home, setting up BMW assist, somehow accidentally summoning the police, I took some photos here and there. It's been a whirlwind. Can't wait to play with the settings in more detail.
Attached Images

Last edited by DorianGray_; 04-20-2019 at 12:14 AM..
Appreciate 1
Wild Blue3676.50
      04-20-2019, 12:23 AM   #90
Missduvy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianGray_ View Post
Well I picked her up finally! After getting her home, setting up BMW assist, somehow accidentally summoning the police, I took some photos here and there. It's been a whirlwind. Can't wait to play with the settings in more detail.
Gorgeous!! You’re making me wish I’d gotten the upgraded stereo now. Love that roof too. Congrats!!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2019, 05:34 AM   #91
LittleJoe
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 EQS 580 SUV

Congrats on a great looking X7.

I would love to hear your B&W sound system. I've heard the B&W 803 D3 Diamond home speakers ($22,000) and they were the best, most accurate sounding speakers I've ever listen to. Please give us your thoughts on the B&W sound system.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2019, 07:48 AM   #92
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

I'd like to hear thoughts on the B&W system as well. I'm a pseudo-audiophile, and am tempted by the B&W system. But I always keep in mind how much a car is NOT an ideal listening environment, whether in-motion or not. Whether it'd be personally worth it to me, to spend $3,400 more, for something that is on the losing side to begin with.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2019, 08:53 AM   #93
Missduvy
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
I'd like to hear thoughts on the B&W system as well. I'm a pseudo-audiophile, and am tempted by the B&W system. But I always keep in mind how much a car is NOT an ideal listening environment, whether in-motion or not. Whether it'd be personally worth it to me, to spend $3,400 more, for something that is on the losing side to begin with.
My husband has it on his M5, and it really is amazing. I decided to not get it on this one; half the time I’ll be in it, I’ll have two kids in the back, so for the amount of time I can actually turn it up and enjoy my own tunes, we decided to save the money. But I’m sure it sounds great! And those speakers just LOOK cool.
Appreciate 1
Wild Blue3676.50
      04-22-2019, 03:07 PM   #94
xueju1121
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW iX M60

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
Just joined the waiting line LOL. Mine was order last Friday (April 19th). Let's see how long I have to endure. Mine is a fully loaded 50i except laser light due to delay from BMW.
Appreciate 1
Wild Blue3676.50
      04-22-2019, 03:12 PM   #95
Missduvy
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
I placed my order on 3/28, and since 4/16, the online status tracker has said “Today is the day: Your BMW has entered the production queue.” I called the 800 number today, and the automated response said “Your car is in transit”!! While excited, I thought it strange that it skipped all the other steps on the tracker. When I got a real person on the line, he said that’s wrong: it’s still in production and is set to be complete on 4/30. So don’t take the online tracker OR the automated line at its word.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 04:38 PM   #96
DorianGray_
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 50i

Quote:
So after a few days with the B&W system, I can say that it sounds AMAZING. I always end up finding one song that causes some crackle at the top end of the speaker range on almost every system I've ever had, including the last one in my GLS 550. So far (knock on wood), this one has hit everything out of the park. Even at high volume, it's crystal clear. If you care about sound, and don't mind LED-lit speakers (which I love and they can be controlled separately from the LED-lit trim btw), I recommend it. If you have never been unhappy with the standard radio system, you may not care.
Appreciate 1
Wild Blue3676.50
      04-22-2019, 05:19 PM   #97
LittleJoe
Major
Rep

Quote:
So after a few days with the B&W system, I can say that it sounds AMAZING. I always end up finding one song that causes some crackle at the top end of the speaker range on almost every system I've ever had, including the last one in my GLS 550. So far (knock on wood), this one has hit everything out of the park. Even at high volume, it's crystal clear. If you care about sound, and don't mind LED-lit speakers (which I love and they can be controlled separately from the LED-lit trim btw), I recommend it. If you have never been unhappy with the standard radio system, you may not care.
Thanks for the review.

Our X7 was one the first batch BMW pushed out to dealers and did not include the B&W system but if we order another in two or three years, it will most definitely include a B&W system.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 10:35 PM   #98
Dominicanjb
Registered
Rep
Drives: X7

Quote:
Just a few days away!
My apologies guys for not keeping y'all up to day. It's been busy here on my end.

Vehicle arrived at the dealership on April 17th and picked it up on April 19th. Here are some pics.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 10:36 PM   #99
Missduvy
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominicanjb View Post
My apologies guys for not keeping y'all up to day. It's been busy here on my end.

Vehicle arrived at the dealership on April 17th and picked it up on April 19th. Here are some pics.
You have my exact exterior. Thanks for sharing pics. Looks amazing!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 11:50 PM   #100
NorCal916
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X740i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal916 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
This is my first time ordering a BMW, was excited to see the online tracking tool however since showing active and getting the "todays the day note" on April 4th, nothing has changed at all. I called the 1-800# and was given the same answer except they added that scheduled for completion on 4/18. Is this typical to not move through the different statuses? We are excited to get our new X7 40i but this tracking system has been a let down.
So far my experience has been that sometimes the automated phone system, website, and customer service personnel all say the same thing, and sometimes they all have something different. Clearly the phone system and website are on separate databases, and the humans decode them both (or something entirely different) to get better insight.
My order jumped to "Entering Assembly Line" today.. according to Genie though it's still scheduled to be completed tomorrow. Getting excited!

My order is as follows:
X7 40i
M Sport Package
Arctic Grey
Black extended Merino Leather
755M Wheels
Premium Package
Driver Assist Package
Luxury seat package
Cold weather Package
Parking assist Package
Harmon Kardon sound
Night Vision package
Sky lounge
Captains chairs
Trailer Hitch

I can't wait!
So mine jumped through a bunch of remaining stages in the past few days.. now says "At the Port" "Bon Voyage". I am in California, but figured it would be sent via rail... is it actually going on a ship through the Panama Canal???
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2019, 08:31 AM   #101
LittleJoe
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominicanjb View Post

Beautiful X7 - "King of the World"
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2019, 09:24 AM   #102
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:
(sigh) I know you're right. And that's exactly the kind of info I'm looking for. It's just that glowing reviews like that make me spend more of my money.

(and I've never had lit speakers before, but think they'd look pretty cool with the other accent and skylight lighting)
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2019, 11:56 AM   #103
houstontx
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

ordered 17th April

Hi,

Ordered April 17th, production beings today April 23rd and VIN number is already available.

When can I expect to be at dealership?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2019, 12:40 PM   #104
hockeyrob
Rep

Quote:
So mine jumped through a bunch of remaining stages in the past few days.. now says "At the Port" "Bon Voyage". I am in California, but figured it would be sent via rail... is it actually going on a ship through the Panama Canal???
I was told "at the port" means it is on the train from S.C. to Oxnard. After loading on the train, the dealer told me the arrival date in Oxnard was showing as 14 days later (April 27 for me) and then it could take a couple or so days for to get unloaded, inspected, and picked up for a car carrier to take it to a dealer.
Appreciate 1
      04-23-2019, 12:59 PM   #105
Missduvy
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstontx View Post
Hi,

Ordered April 17th, production beings today April 23rd and VIN number is already available.

When can I expect to be at dealership?
My production began on the 16th. It’s set to be completed on 4/30, and i was told on the automated 800 number that I should expect it at the dealership “around late May.” Sounds like you’re about a week behind me.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2019, 01:41 PM   #106
NorCal916
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyrob View Post
Quote:
I was told "at the port" means it is on the train from S.C. to Oxnard. After loading on the train, the dealer told me the arrival date in Oxnard was showing as 14 days later (April 27 for me) and then it could take a couple or so days for to get unloaded, inspected, and picked up for a car carrier to take it to a dealer.
That sounds closer to what I was expecting, thanks. I'm in Northern California, wonder of it will still go through Oxnard or a destination further north.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2019, 03:54 PM   #107
hockeyrob
Rep

Quote:
That sounds closer to what I was expecting, thanks. I'm in Northern California, wonder of it will still go through Oxnard or a destination further north.
I'm up in Seattle and mine is coming through Oxnard. My impression is that everything on the west coast runs through the vehicle distribution center in Oxnard before being trucked around the coast to individual dealers.
Appreciate 1
      04-25-2019, 02:28 PM   #108
Missduvy
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
I’m going mad. For TEN days, the tracker has said “today is the day your car has entered the production queue.” It can’t ENTER production on 10 separate days. I’ve called, and a live human being tells me the same thing. It used to be scheduled to be complete on 4/30, and today it’s been moved up to 4/29...even though it supposedly just started production “today.” Has anyone else experienced the same step of the tracker being stuck for this long??
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2019, 03:51 PM   #109
NorCal916
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missduvy View Post
I'm going mad. For TEN days, the tracker has said "today is the day your car has entered the production queue." It can't ENTER production on 10 separate days. I've called, and a live human being tells me the same thing. It used to be scheduled to be complete on 4/30, and today it's been moved up to 4/29...even though it supposedly just started production "today." Has anyone else experienced the same step of the tracker being stuck for this long??
I experienced the same frustration... scroll up and you can read my experience.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2019, 08:38 PM   #110
toddwalton
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 - 2024 G26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missduvy View Post
I’m going mad. For TEN days, the tracker has said “today is the day your car has entered the production queue.” It can’t ENTER production on 10 separate days. I’ve called, and a live human being tells me the same thing. It used to be scheduled to be complete on 4/30, and today it’s been moved up to 4/29...even though it supposedly just started production “today.” Has anyone else experienced the same step of the tracker being stuck for this long??
The tracker is garbage. After two weeks it still said I had just entered production and my car was at my dealer!

My timeline:

4/8 = production began.

4/19 = at dealer ready for pickup.

As for all the other steps in the middle, I would never know as the website never updated.

Call the 800 number, they know everything. My guess? You’ll be posting pictures of you and your car on Thursday.
Appreciate 0