02-25-2024, 05:47 PM   #287
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocomCA View Post
How much did you pay?

Also is it 72 months from the inservice date aka 24 extra months/2 years from the factory warranty or 7 years from date of purchase?
In Service date.
      02-25-2024, 10:37 PM   #288
TahoeDust
Private
Rep
Drives: Nissan Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocomCA View Post
How much did you pay?

Also is it 72 months from the inservice date aka 24 extra months/2 years from the factory warranty or 7 years from date of purchase?
I am shooting you a PM.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2024, 07:23 AM   #289
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

just a reminder to anyone waiting on a response from Christinen@bmwofcamarillo.com

if you have not heard back just shoot me a PM so I can follow up for you and get you dialed in with her. Hope everyone had a great weekend

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 2
FSociety3812.50
      03-06-2024, 11:28 AM   #290
bmwchicago
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 40i Sport

For those looking for a 3rd party warranty, sharing my experience and decision. After researching available options for my 2020 X7 with 35k miles, I decided to purchase the Fidelity Warranty Services through Steingold Volvo Cars that I found on these forums. My car was out of warranty due to a 12/19 in-service date so the BMW plans were not an option.

I have not made any claims yet, this is based on terms, pricing, etc at that I considered during purchasing. I will update once I make a claim.

Benefits I found:
1. Platinum exclusion policy items are wear/tear and doesn't exclude seals/gaskets and other items typically excluded in other plans like Endurance.

2. Pricing, way cheaper than 3rd party warranties from dealer and better or competitive with direct to consumer. I paid $4900 for 48 months, 48k miles of Platinum exclusion coverage.

3. Customer Service, while I haven't used them for a warranty claim yet, I did call their number to see how quickly they answered and the type of support I got. The calls were answered quickly and the agent was helpful and able to answer my questions on OEM parts and dealer participation.

4. Self-service and immediate pricing via their website. By entering my VIN, I was quickly able to see exact pricing for warranties, wheel & tire coverage etc and have never been contacted by them even though I did this 20+ times while shopping for cars!

5. I called Steingold Volvo to confirm it is legit and talked to Michael their Director of Marketing. He confirmed that their dealer uses this warranty for all their Volvos and that he is offering this direct to consumers via his account. Michael has been very responsive to emails and phone calls even after I purchased it and said if I ever want to cancel, to just call him and he will take care of it for me.

Use code FP100 to get $100 off any plan.

If you found this useful and are interested, they have a referral program. Here is my link.
https://share.factoryprotect.com/6Df7Wz

If you prefer to not use, here is the direct link factoryprotect.ratessys.com

Last edited by bmwchicago; 03-07-2024 at 09:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2024, 06:55 PM   #291
ivinioX7
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7-M

Garage List
2020 BMW X7 40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwchicago View Post
For those looking for a 3rd party warranty, sharing my experience and decision. After researching available options for my 2020 X7 with 35k miles, I decided to purchase the Fidelity Warranty Services through Steingold Volvo Cars that I found on these forums.

I have not made any claims yet, this is based on terms, pricing, etc at that I considered during purchasing. I will update once I make a claim.

Benefits I found:
1. Platinum exclusion policy items are wear/tear and doesn't exclude seals/gaskets and other items typically excluded in other plans like Endurance.

2. Pricing, way cheaper than 3rd party warranties from dealer and better or competitive with direct to consumer. I paid $4900 for 48 months, 48k miles of Platinum exclusion coverage.

3. Customer Service, while I haven't used them for a warranty claim yet, I did call their number to see how quickly they answered and the type of support I got. The calls were answered quickly and the agent was helpful and able to answer my questions on OEM parts and dealer participation.

4. Self-service and immediate pricing via their website. By entering my VIN, I was quickly able to see exact pricing for warranties, wheel & tire coverage etc and have never been contacted by them even though I did this 20+ times while shopping for cars!

5. I called Steingold Volvo to confirm it is legit and talked to Michael their Director of Marketing. He confirmed that their dealer uses this warranty for all their Volvos and that he is offering this direct to consumers via his account. Michael has been very responsive to [...]
I’ll presume that you’re an employee selling their plan, but regardless, the warranty rates for the BMW X7 are far from being considered economical.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      03-06-2024, 10:26 PM   #292
AvGeek
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 24' X7 M60i; 22' TRX

Couldn't have sounded more like an ad than it did.
Appreciate 2
FSociety3812.50
      03-06-2024, 11:17 PM   #293
TahoeDust
Private
Rep

The more I see and read the more I think the BMW platinum service agreement is the best option if available. It seems competitively priced with the 3rd parties.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2024, 06:06 AM   #294
bai2020
Registered
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivinioX7 View Post
I’ll presume that you’re an employee selling their plan, but regardless, the warranty rates for the BMW X7 are far from being considered economical.
Honestly, for your 2020 X7, this quote you show for an additional 7-years and 72,000 miles from today with no deductible doesn't sound too bad. That'll take you to 2031 or 72,000 miles from today. Not sure of your current mileage, but I would imagine over that time for a 10-year old vehicle you'll likely have a few significant repairs.

We just bought a 2024 X7. If we purchased a 10-year/125,000 warranty with a $250 deductible, it would be closer to $5,500.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2024, 08:47 AM   #295
Archie007
Private
Rep
Drives: None yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bai2020 View Post
Honestly, for your 2020 X7, this quote you show for an additional 7-years and 72,000 miles from today with no deductible doesn't sound too bad. That'll take you to 2031 or 72,000 miles from today. Not sure of your current mileage, but I would imagine over that time for a 10-year old vehicle you'll likely have a few significant repairs.

We just bought a 2024 X7. If we purchased a 10-year/125,000 warranty with a $250 deductible, it would be closer to $5,500.
I've done way too many hours of research on this for my 2020 M50.

I started on endurance and fidelity. I think fidelity is definitely better than endurance, but ultimately decided to go with something offered through a BMW dealership. From all the service departments i spoke with, i felt like if you buy a package through an actual dealership that sells it, they'll be more likely to work with them when it comes to labor rates etc. It's also nice to have someone to hold accountable and would care about reviews/reputation.

I also polled a lot of the indy BMW mechanics locally to see who they liked dealing with. For the most part, they said they're all hit or miss but Zurich kept coming up a lot and Axiom also came up a few times as well.

Zurich's exclusions really are mostly wear and tear and they've been around for a long time with an A+ BBB rating. The only thing they dont cover is leaks or fogged lamps that are a result of condensation and rattles/squeaks. Issue with them is they only go up to 5 years for my car (32k miles 2020 M50). Was able to negotiate 5800 for 5years and 60k miles additional miles. No deductible if you bring it to that dealership. 100 if you go elsewhere.

I ended up going with Axiom (signing this weekend) b/c they offer the extra year. Got the 6 year 60k from them for 6800 same deal on the deductible. Unfortunately, they exclude internal LED lights and saftey restraint systems, including airbags, and speakers. Hoping the extra year of coverage is worth taking that risk.

In case anyone is interested, this is the main exclusion paragraph from the Axiom policy:
BATTERY AND BATTERY CABLE/HARNESS, MOBILE CONNECTOR, WALL CONNECTOR, ANY FUTURE CONNECTORS, AND ANY RELATED CHARGING ADAPTERS, INTERIOR LED LIGHTING, STANDARD TRANSMISSION CLUTCH ASSEMBLY, FRICTION CLUTCH DISC AND PRESSURE PLATE, SAFETY RESTRAINT SYSTEMS (INCLUDING AIR BAGS), GLASS, LENSES, SEALED BEAMS, LIGHT BULBS, FUSES, CIRCUIT BREAKERS, CELLULAR PHONES, GAME CENTERS, SPEAKERS, REMOTE CONTROL CONSOLES, RADAR DETECTION DEVICES, BRAKE ROTORS AND DRUMS, ALL EXHAUST COMPONENTS, AND THE FOLLOWING EMISSION COMPONENTS: HOSES, LINES, CATALYTIC CONVERTER/FILTERING, EMISSION VAPOR SENSORS; WEATHER STRIPS, TRIM, MOLDINGS, BRIGHT METAL CHROME, UPHOLSTERY AND CARPET, PAINT, OUTSIDE ORNAMENTATION, BUMPERS, BODY SHEET METAL AND PANELS, FRAME AND STRUCTURAL BODY PARTS, VINYL AND CONVERTIBLE TOPS, TIRES, AND/OR WHEELS/RIMS. EXTERNAL NUTS, BOLTS, AND FASTENERS ARE NOT COVERED UNLESS SPECIFICALLY LISTED IN THE SCHEDULE OF COVERAGES (EXCEPT WHERE REQUIRED IN CONJUNCTION WITH A COVERED REPAIR).

Last edited by Archie007; 03-07-2024 at 08:59 AM..
Appreciate 2
      03-07-2024, 09:18 AM   #296
bmwchicago
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivinioX7 View Post
Agree. I didn't say it was economical. All extended warranties are expensive. It is more a question of how they compare to one another and what you get for it. Warranty pricing is based on your VIN and miles so the terms and pricing will vary. For my car, a 72mo/72k/$0 was $8,700 for the 2020 with 35k miles.

I'm not an employee of any warranty company. I just purchased a 2020 X7 and am sharing what I decided to do from an extended warranty perspective. I spent a lot of time researching the forums and the companies and thought sharing what went into my decision may be appreciated by others.

After I purchased Fidelity, they started a referral program ($20/referral) so I included it if people found my post useful.

I tried to avoid comments like this by being very clear that one of the links is referral and even posted the direct link.

Last edited by bmwchicago; 03-07-2024 at 09:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2024, 09:23 AM   #297
bmwchicago
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvGeek View Post
Couldn't have sounded more like an ad than it did.
See my response to the other comment like yours.

Whenever you buy something and share why you bought it, it may sound like an ad but I am just trying to share with others in the forum what I purchased and why. If you find it helpful, great. If you don't, move on.
Appreciate 2
Tinbad144.00
      03-07-2024, 09:28 AM   #298
bmwchicago
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDust View Post
The more I see and read the more I think the BMW platinum service agreement is the best option if available. It seems competitively priced with the 3rd parties.
The BMW Platinum service agreement should definitely be looked at if your car qualifies.

My car did not as it was past the 4 year mark (in-service date was 12/2019) even though it had only 35k miles. I updated my original post to be clear that I was out of new car warranty as that is an important detail.

However, the pricing on BMW plans I've seen is way more. This is for 4 years of coverage from when I purchased the warranty vs the BMW plans that are based on in-service date and include the 4 year new car warranty. This would be like a 96 month plan I believe (4 additional years after the 4-year new car).
Appreciate 1
      03-07-2024, 09:45 AM   #299
bmwchicago
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie007 View Post
I've done way too many hours of research on this for my 2020 M50.

I started on endurance and fidelity. I think fidelity is definitely better than endurance, but ultimately decided to go with something offered through a BMW dealership. From all the service departments i spoke with, i felt like if you buy a package through an actual dealership that sells it, they'll be more likely to work with them when it comes to labor rates etc. It's also nice to have someone to hold accountable and would care about reviews/reputation.

I also polled a lot of the indy BMW mechanics locally to see who they liked dealing with. For the most part, they said they're all hit or miss but Zurich kept coming up a lot and Axiom also came up a few times as well.
Good info, thanks for sharing. My BMW dealer doesn't offer Zurich so it wasn't an option for me.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2024, 07:14 PM   #300
TahoeDust
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwchicago View Post
The BMW Platinum service agreement should definitely be looked at if your car qualifies.

My car did not as it was past the 4 year mark (in-service date was 12/2019) even though it had only 35k miles. I updated my original post to be clear that I was out of new car warranty as that is an important detail.

However, the pricing on BMW plans I've seen is way more. This is for 4 years of coverage from when I purchased the warranty vs the BMW plans that are based on in-service date and include the 4 year new car warranty. This would be like a 96 month plan I believe (4 additional years after the 4-year new car).
That is a good point about the BMW service agreement being based on in service date. Fortunately we were able to buy a plan that should line up with our miles per year. It was bought last Nov. as a '22 with ~12k miles. It will see around 20k miles a year. We were really buying more miles of coverage than months. Got the 72m/100k Platinum for $5650. Basically got another 50k miles of "bumper to bumper" warranty for that price.
Appreciate 1
      03-07-2024, 07:17 PM   #301
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Basically got another 50k miles of "bumper to bumper" warranty for that price.
That Platinum does not provide Bumper to Bumper coverage.
      03-07-2024, 07:23 PM   #302
TahoeDust
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
That Platinum does not provide Bumper to Bumper coverage.
Hence the quotes.

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2024, 07:38 PM   #303
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Hence the quotes.
Just wanted to make sure people weren't misled since many people believe it is an extension of the new vehicle warranty. Heck, I have seen a couple folks say they bought it just because the laser lights are so expensive to replace. Can only imagine their face when I told them they weren't covered.
      03-07-2024, 07:56 PM   #304
TahoeDust
Private
Rep

Quote:
Just wanted to make sure people weren't misled since many people believe it is an extension of the new vehicle warranty. Heck, I have seen a couple folks say they bought it just because the laser lights are so expensive to replace. Can only imagine their face when I told them they weren't covered.
Haha...that would be rough. I wonder if the 3rd party warranties would cover that monster bill.

What is your opinion on 3rd party vs BMW Extended Service Contract? I feel like the BMW Platinum is generally as comprehensive if not better than most and like that it provides new OEM parts.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2024, 08:03 PM   #305
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Haha...that would be rough. I wonder if the 3rd party warranties would cover that monster bill.

What is your opinion on 3rd party vs BMW Extended Service Contract? I feel like the BMW Platinum is generally as comprehensive if not better than most and like that it provides new OEM parts.
I always recommend to skip them as they rarely make financial sense to get. Where they do provide value to some is the feeling that they don't have to pay should something that is covered break. If someone is set on getting one then I always recommend getting the BMW Platinum and not 3rd party.
jphcbpa316.00
      03-08-2024, 06:33 AM   #306
Archie007
Private
Rep
Drives: None yet

Quote:
Here are the T&C from the BMW Vehicle Service Contract so you can check them over. As you may have experienced, Extended Warranties rarely make financial sense but there is some value to them for some folks who like the peace of mind that if something covered brakes it won't cost them anything but time.

https://addedprotection.widen.net/s/.../bmwvsc-d2c_tc
I don't think any policy, including BMW, would cover the headlamps, though. Unless I'm missing something?

As far as I can see, the only real difference between the BMW Platinum Plan and the Axiom one I listed are safety restaurant systems, and cellular phones, game centers, speakers, remote control consoles, radar detection devices.

BMW seems to also exclude all led lights, including headlamps

BMW Electrical Components Exclusions: Batteries, lights, laser lighting, fuses, bulbs (including incandescent, xenon, and LEDs).
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2024, 07:39 AM   #307
bmwchicago
Rep

I haven't come across a 1st or 3rd party warranty that covers lighting in general. Typically you will see sealed beams and light bulbs on the exclusion list.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2024, 07:48 AM   #308
bmwchicago
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie007 View Post
I don't think any policy, including BMW, would cover the headlamps, though. Unless I'm missing something?

As far as I can see, the only real difference between the BMW Platinum Plan and the Axiom one I listed are safety restaurant systems, and cellular phones, game centers, speakers, remote control consoles, radar detection devices.
I have the B&W sound system so wanted a plan that covered speakers. Fidelity Platinum covers all audio/security gear factory installed.

Here is the exclusions list.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0