BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum "Stabilizer bar failed" after programming

04-09-2021, 01:32 PM   #1
Greg-BimmerX7
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW x7

"Stabilizer bar failed" after programming

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
As I mentioned in another thread of mine, I have been having issues with my steering wheel squeaking. First they replaced the steering column... it happened again. Second time they find that it is the EPS (Electronic power steering) system. The got the part and replaced it.

Now they tell me that my Stabilizer bar failed after programming and it also needs to be replaced. Is this a thing? Can someone give me some insight about this? Thank god its only 2500 miles and under warranty but my patience is going to thin out soon.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 04:25 PM   #2
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg-BimmerX7 View Post
As I mentioned in another thread of mine, I have been having issues with my steering wheel squeaking. First they replaced the steering column... it happened again. Second time they find that it is the EPS (Electronic power steering) system. The got the part and replaced it.

Now they tell me that my Stabilizer bar failed after programming and it also needs to be replaced. Is this a thing? Can someone give me some insight about this? Thank god its only 2500 miles and under warranty but my patience is going to thin out soon.
Assuming you have DHP and there's an issue with the active roll stabilization? But if they're replacing the EPS unit - it shouldn't require decoupling ARS.

There are two types of EPS on X7, with (variable rack geometry) and without (conventional) IAS. Error could be from IAS and performing a wheel alignment. There are carrier plates on the rear axle slip angle control (HSR) that shouldn't be undone.

Appreciate 1
      04-09-2021, 08:12 PM   #3
Jakerx
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 Comp

Just my opinion:

Cars are super f-ing complicated these days. As complications increase, so will difficulties with technology. As long as it eventually gets fixed and the dealership provides a loaner or some compensation, no big deal.

Don’t even ask me what happens when a new F-35 gets delivered from the factory.
Appreciate 0