BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-06-2018, 01:28 PM   #23
ARam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by djarvik View Post
Can you do the same for me if I provide numbers?
I'm interested in seeing your quote... Want to make sure i'm not being rob by Wide World BMW.

Last edited by ARam; 09-06-2018 at 01:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2018, 01:46 PM   #24
gsanto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5, 2011 550; 2004 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARam View Post
All of these comments are like Rocket Science talk to me... Everyone should stop acting like everyone is an expert. My question is simple.

For the all-new 2019 BMW X5 for 36month and $73k+ MSRP car for $800 a month to drive off the lot with $7k good deal(not a single dollar more)? If everyone is an expert on lease breakdown. I think they can break the math and just said... NO is not a good deal, or YES is a good deal.
Assuming you put about 5-5.5k of the 7k down as cap cost reduction and residual is 59% and the mf is .00166...then to get to $817 a month you must have gotten at least 4k off of MSRP. Put simply, yes, this seems like a good deal.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2018, 01:51 PM   #25
ARam
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsanto View Post
Assuming you put about 5-5.5k of the 7k down as cap cost reduction and residual is 59% and the mf is .00166...then to get to $817 a month you must have gotten at least 4k off of MSRP. Put simply, yes, this seems like a good deal.
Thanks! Someone once told me the rule of thumb on lease # is 1% out of the MSRP... So if is, $73,400 then my lease should be 1% off it and it would $734 a month.. Not sure if is true...
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2018, 02:15 PM   #26
gsanto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5, 2011 550; 2004 X5

Quote:
Thanks! Someone once told me the rule of thumb on lease # is 1% out of the MSRP... So if is, $73,400 then my lease should be 1% off it and it would $734 a month.. Not sure if is true...
That would be closer to reality if you were buying a 2018 and getting 5-6k discount off of MSRP with incentives. Not so for a brand new model.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2018, 02:45 PM   #27
ARam
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
That would be closer to reality if you were buying a 2018 and getting 5-6k discount off of MSRP with incentives. Not so for a brand new model.
Thanks! All this info is good. I want to believe this is a good deal. But want to know before i approach the seller about something lower.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2018, 03:06 PM   #28
AEC
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive 40i M Sport

I know this is probably something you don’t want to hear, but I’ll say it anyway.

Since you’ve leased in the past and will likely lease in the future, I think it would be worth it for you to take a little time to learn about leasing. It’s not nearly as complex as you are making it out to be. Most of what you need to learn is what the terms mean (residual value, cap cost, money factor, etc.). The math itself is very simple.

There’s no way you will know if you got a good deal or not if you only look at the monthly payment.
Appreciate 2
maze446156.50
Kief4440.00
      09-06-2018, 05:43 PM   #29
ARam
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEC View Post
I know this is probably something you don't want to hear, but I'll say it anyway.

Since you've leased in the past and will likely lease in the future, I think it would be worth it for you to take a little time to learn about leasing. It's not nearly as complex as you are making it out to be. Most of what you need to learn is what the terms mean (residual value, cap cost, money factor, etc.). The math itself is very simple.

There's no way you will know if you got a good deal or not if you only look at the monthly payment.
Been leasing since 2000! Thanks for your recommendation, but i have tried this whole lease math stuff and lease calculator and it doesn't work for me. And i don't think i will see myself in the lease sale practice business any day, for the same reason. My initial post is to find out if it's a good lease or not. And this is turning into a lease 101 learning section. And people trying to teach me rather than to give me their input on the subject.

My goal is to get a simple "Yes" or "No" answer. And why? And perhaps a little math breakdown from the expert here. BTW - What is your input on the subject?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2018, 06:29 PM   #30
maze446
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i

Quote:
Quote:
I know this is probably something you don't want to hear, but I'll say it anyway.

Since you've leased in the past and will likely lease in the future, I think it would be worth it for you to take a little time to learn about leasing. It's not nearly as complex as you are making it out to be. Most of what you need to learn is what the terms mean (residual value, cap cost, money factor, etc.). The math itself is very simple.

There's no way you will know if you got a good deal or not if you only look at the monthly payment.
Been leasing since 2000! Thanks for your recommendation, but i have tried this whole lease math stuff and lease calculator and it doesn't work for me. And i don't think i will see myself in the lease sale practice business any day, for the same reason. My initial post is to find out if it's a good lease or not. And this is turning into a lease 101 learning section. And people trying to teach me rather than to give me their input on the subject.

My goal is to get a simple "Yes" or "No" answer. And why? And perhaps a little math breakdown from the expert here. BTW - What is your input on the subject?
Quote:
Quote:

Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, you feed him for life. It's really simple. There are only three things to care about with a lease: (i) money factor, (ii) residual and (iii) negotiated vehicle price. You are at the mercy of BMWFS on the first two from month to month so the only way you control that is with timing (i.e., sign a lease in a month when the money factor is the lowest and the residual is the highest). The third is like any negotiation on the price of a car. All things being equal, the person who negotiates the lowest price gets the best deal.

God forbid you provide some basic information to save me the time of reverse engineering in Excel what those three figures likely were in an effort to be helpful to you. Also, perhaps the explanations might be helpful to others that aren't familiar with leasing.
Appreciate 1
Kief4440.00
      09-06-2018, 08:30 PM   #31
ARam
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by maze446 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, you feed him for life. It's really simple. There are only three things to care about with a lease: (i) money factor, (ii) residual and (iii) negotiated vehicle price. You are at the mercy of BMWFS on the first two from month to month so the only way you control that is with timing (i.e., sign a lease in a month when the money factor is the lowest and the residual is the highest). The third is like any negotiation on the price of a car. All things being equal, the person who negotiates the lowest price gets the best deal.

God forbid you provide some basic information to save me the time of reverse engineering in Excel what those three figures likely were in an effort to be helpful to you. Also, perhaps the explanations might be helpful to others that aren't familiar with leasing.
I understand your philosophy!

And with respect to you and others, I could have written a separate post tittle "How to break down a lease program payment".

The problem is that everyone here is trying to prove to be an expert on the subject and can barely answer my question. With the simple information i provided, anyone who is an expert on the subject can say Yes or No because of THIS and THAT....

I was just hopeful, to start a message thread to give others real input on what lease monthly payments go for or what he/she can expect on a 2019 BMW X5.

Again, i'm not trying to disrespect anyone and i'm here to just get input and see others members' offers being presented to them.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2018, 08:36 PM   #32
ARam
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
All of these comments are like Rocket Science talk to me... Everyone should stop acting like everyone is an expert. My question is simple.

For the all-new 2019 BMW X5 for 36month and $73k+ MSRP car for $800 a month to drive off the lot with $7k good deal(not a single dollar more)? If everyone is an expert on lease breakdown. I think they can break the math and just said... NO is not a good deal, or YES is a good deal.
Yupe! I texted my seller and he stated the following below.

Seller replied "$68,990 selling price from $74,620"

So seems like the selling price is below by $5,630. And MF is at 0.00166. Just be mindful, the 7K is all (first month, taxes, inceptions fees and down) for closing the deal and driving off when taking delivery.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      09-07-2018, 07:53 AM   #33
djarvik
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 35D M-sport

Aram - PM me the dealer and contact info if you dont mind sounds like a good deal.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2018, 05:27 PM   #34
chuckgem
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 2015

Is this deal on 2018 or 2019?

Appreciate 0
      09-07-2018, 05:48 PM   #35
ARam
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckgem View Post
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2018, 01:07 AM   #36
Eric500
um...
Rep
Drives: LC500

My 2 cents with the 1% rule. It doesn't apply as well in states like Texas where you are taxed on the full value of the car vs just the lease payments themselves. Unless the 1% rule is payment without taxes included. If so, carry on
      09-08-2018, 07:08 AM   #37
MikeElmendorf
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5/2024 i5 M60

Aram - Who is your salesman? That does seem like a good deal!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2018, 07:10 AM   #38
ARam
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf View Post
Aram - Who is your salesman? That does seem like a good deal!
Sales man is from Wide World BMW! Will send you his info.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2018, 07:13 AM   #39
ARam
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Tsang View Post
My 2 cents with the 1% rule. It doesn't apply as well in states like Texas where you are taxed on the full value of the car vs just the lease payments themselves. Unless the 1% rule is payment without taxes included. If so, carry on
Thanks for this info.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 09:25 PM   #40
wrdnk
Rep
Drives: N/A

That seems like a great deal. I received a quote from a dealer and it was ridiculous. I used to own 650 until last March (not sure if I am considered a some type of loyal member), but ARAM! could you share with me the dealer info? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2018, 10:30 AM   #41
ARam
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrdnk View Post
That seems like a great deal. I received a quote from a dealer and it was ridiculous. I used to own 650 until last March (not sure if I am considered a some type of loyal member), but ARAM! could you share with me the dealer info? Thanks!
Will PM the dealer details....
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2018, 12:14 PM   #42
wrdnk
Rep
Drives: N/A

Thanks.

By the way, I am also in Upper West Side
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2018, 12:55 PM   #43
denniss
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Will PM the dealer details....
if you dont mind, can you get the details as well ?

Thanx
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2018, 01:21 PM   #44
ARam
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrdnk View Post
Thanks.

By the way, I am also in Upper West Side
Lol! By any chance have you come across a blue X5M with the plate "BEASTM"? If so, that is me. Lol
Appreciate 0