glad to hear the RC units are working out well. happy with mine thus far
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2020, 06:19 PM   #68
OtisX7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X7 50i

Got my RC RS installed finally. This one worked and linked up by Bluetooth. Holy holy it’s fast, especially in race mode. Put the car in sport mode, hit the gear shift to the left, and throw the RC in race mode, and it’s a rocket ship. Throttle response is crazy and the thing just takes off and roars. Terrified my passengers on a straightaway.

So far pleased with it.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2020, 08:36 PM   #69
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

I'm still waiting to see what's available for the 40i. Last time I checked there wasn't an option for the straight six on the X7.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 01:51 AM   #70
TaytoX7
Private
Rep
Drives: X7 Xdrive40i M Sport

It is already availabke for the 40i. The racechip gts black gives +73hp and +85Nm

https://www.racechip.co.uk/shop/bmw/...0kw-500nm.html
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 09:04 AM   #71
OtisX7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Only hitch so far — everything seems to be working but the little orange check engine light on my dash is on. Previously I was able to connect an OBDII reader and seemingly delete the codes and reset the check engine light. For some reason this one won’t let me delete or reset it. It’s P12A8, P12A9, and P112F ($07e8) and when I read the codes it says “Manufacturer control”.

I understand the check engine light can be normal and may even reset itself after a couple hundred miles?

Is there a way I can delete it? Weird that it’s not letting me....

Thanks all.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12801.50
      02-23-2020, 10:20 AM   #72
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtisX7 View Post
Only hitch so far — everything seems to be working but the little orange check engine light on my dash is on. Previously I was able to connect an OBDII reader and seemingly delete the codes and reset the check engine light. For some reason this one won’t let me delete or reset it. It’s P12A8, P12A9, and P112F ($07e8) and when I read the codes it says “Manufacturer control”.

I understand the check engine light can be normal and may even reset itself after a couple hundred miles?

Thanks all.
Working on this.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 10:21 AM   #73
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch57 View Post
I'm still waiting to see what's available for the 40i. Last time I checked there wasn't an option for the straight six on the X7.
Already available since mid last year.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 10:23 AM   #74
OtisX7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Ben is on the case, which is great!

He informs me these are the following codes:

P12A8 says Boost Pressure to low
P12A9 says Boost Pressure to high
P112F says MAP Sensor pressure too high

I am going to send him some pics to have a look at my install, maybe I've screwed something up... eek...
      02-23-2020, 10:30 AM   #75
G80POWER
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60i

Quote:

Thanks all.
I would not try and reset the light and make it go away. You should take the Racechip out and take it to BMW as there may be something else going on such as a bad sensor. I had a similar issue in my F90 M5 and they had to replace a boost sensor and something else and then everything was back to normal and check engine light eventually went away. My Racechip GTS has been working great so far on my X7 and I keep it set to Map 7 all the time. Definitely can tell a difference but it is not as night and day as it was on the M5. It is only adding around 50HP given the M50i X7s are already tuned pretty aggressive and being such a heavy vehicle 50HP is not a huge difference. Definitely faster in the midrange acceleration and a good bang for the buck upgrade that I am glad that I did.

OtisX7, I know you have also said that it is taking you a long time to install or uninstall. I have found if you remove the black sections of the air intake it gives you some more room to get your hands down to the connections. See the two pics circled in red. I can now take it in and out in about 5-10 minutes or less.
Attached Images

Last edited by G80POWER; 02-23-2020 at 10:41 AM.. Reason: Pics added
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12801.50
      02-23-2020, 12:02 PM   #76
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

R33

I wish I lived in SoCal and could just drop off my bmw at rg33 shop and have him do it all.
Appreciate 2
r33_RGSport12801.50
Wild Blue3676.50
      02-23-2020, 02:28 PM   #77
OtisX7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F90POWER View Post
I would not try and reset the light and make it go away. You should take the Racechip out and take it to BMW as there may be something else going on such as a bad sensor. I had a similar issue in my F90 M5 and they had to replace a boost sensor and something else and then everything was back to normal and check engine light eventually went away. My Racechip GTS has been working great so far on my X7 and I keep it set to Map 7 all the time. Definitely can tell a difference but it is not as night and day as it was on the M5. It is only adding around 50HP given the M50i X7s are already tuned pretty aggressive and being such a heavy vehicle 50HP is not a huge difference. Definitely faster in the midrange acceleration and a good bang for the buck upgrade that I am glad that I did.

OtisX7, I know you have also said that it is taking you a long time to install or uninstall. I have found if you remove the black sections of the air intake it gives you some more room to get your hands down to the connections. See the two pics circled in red. I can now take it in and out in about 5-10 minutes or less.
Thanks for the tip on the air intake. Probably I should have done that.

Honestly despite the awesome help from Ben here — I agree I wish I could just drop my vehicle with him and have him take care of it, he’s so helpful — I’m going to try and return this and seek a refund. It’s just been too much headache with the 3 or 4 installs and removals and still not having it work properly, and all these check engine lights just increase my concern this is going to do something bad to my still relatively new $100k vehicle (which is already really fast and, to the point above, the tune isn’t going to make an enormous difference on this heavy vehicle). Just don’t have any confidence that the guys in Germany I’ve been dealing with are really doing a very good job with this product (I would have a high degree of confidence in Ben however!)

On the bright side, I’ve uninstalled it once again and all the check engine lights have gone away. So at least it hasn’t caused any damage!

Thanks again all.
Appreciate 3
r33_RGSport12801.50
torment26.00
      02-24-2020, 09:03 AM   #78
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Honestly despite the awesome help from Ben here — I agree I wish I could just drop my vehicle with him and have him take care of it, he’s so helpful — I’m going to try and return this and seek a refund. It’s just been too much headache with the 3 or 4 installs and removals and still not having it work properly, and all these check engine lights just increase my concern this is going to do something bad to my still relatively new $100k vehicle (which is already really fast and, to the point above, the tune isn’t going to make an enormous difference on this heavy vehicle). Just don’t have any confidence that the guys in Germany I’ve been dealing with are really doing a very good job with this product (I would have a high degree of confidence in Ben however!)

On the bright side, I’ve uninstalled it once again and all the check engine lights have gone away. So at least it hasn’t caused any damage!

Thanks again all.
Man, sorry to hear all the trouble that you are having.
I wish I could help you from the very beginning.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 10:30 PM   #79
G80POWER
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60i

Quote:

Thanks again all.
I would not be surprised if the check engine lights you keep having are not necessarily related to the RaceChip and just taking it out or retuning may not fix that problem. I had a bad boost sensor and some other sensor on my M5 and had the RaceChip out for over two months and my check engine light kept coming on and off intermittently and it ended up not being related to RaceChip.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12801.50
      02-26-2020, 03:03 AM   #80
OtisX7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I would not be surprised if the check engine lights you keep having are not necessarily related to the RaceChip and just taking it out or retuning may not fix that problem. I had a bad boost sensor and some other sensor on my M5 and had the RaceChip out for over two months and my check engine light kept coming on and off intermittently and it ended up not being related to RaceChip.
Never had an issue with the check engine light before the RC. Since uninstalling it this weekend, also no issues. Pretty sure that’s what’s causing it.

The company in Germany is initially rejecting my request for a refund, stating that I’m past the 30 day warranty period. Of course they aren’t accounting for the fact that they initially shipped me a defective unit from Germany that I had to install, troubleshoot, discuss with them, exchange for a working unit, and then reinstall this past weekend, only to find the new issue and contact them within a day of doing so. I’ll be pretty ticked if they refuse it after this ordeal.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12801.50
      02-26-2020, 09:23 AM   #81
torment
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7

Quote:
Never had an issue with the check engine light before the RC. Since uninstalling it this weekend, also no issues. Pretty sure that’s what’s causing it.

The company in Germany is initially rejecting my request for a refund, stating that I’m past the 30 day warranty period. Of course they aren’t accounting for the fact that they initially shipped me a defective unit from Germany that I had to install, troubleshoot, discuss with them, exchange for a working unit, and then reinstall this past weekend, only to find the new issue and contact them within a day of doing so. I’ll be pretty ticked if they refuse it after this ordeal.
call your CC company and fix it the easy way
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 09:30 AM   #82
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Contact the US office. They will take care of you.
Support@racechip.us

Tell them that I sent you.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 09:40 AM   #83
subzero05
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335

Quote:

you can also try the US office as well. No issues with my RC unit
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 06:05 AM   #84
OtisX7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Support@racechip.us

Thanks, I’ve done that. Haven’t heard back yet. Germany is refusing my refund so far because they say I am four days out of warranty. That’s some killer customer service, particularly when it began with them sending me a defective unit that didn’t work at all, and then the second unit they sent me threw a check engine light and a bunch of fairly terrifying trouble codes.
Appreciate 1
torment26.00
      02-28-2020, 08:45 AM   #85
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Support@racechip.us

Thanks, I’ve done that. Haven’t heard back yet. Germany is refusing my refund so far because they say I am four days out of warranty. That’s some killer customer service, particularly when it began with them sending me a defective unit that didn’t work at all, and then the second unit they sent me threw a check engine light and a bunch of fairly terrifying trouble codes.
Let me talk to the US rep.
If you didn't hear back by Monday, I'll take care of you.
Appreciate 1
      03-03-2020, 05:23 PM   #86
AKittrell
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X7; 2018 Panamera 4S

I have two RC GTS black installed on different vehicles. One extremely disappointing it that was unbeknownst to me is I can not toggle in between the two and whichever chip was the last installed is the only one my app will recognize! I contacted corporate and they did state that is being worked on and should be included in the next app update.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12801.50
      03-03-2020, 08:06 PM   #87
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKittrell View Post
I have two RC GTS black installed on different vehicles. One extremely disappointing it that was unbeknownst to me is I can not toggle in between the two and whichever chip was the last installed is the only one my app will recognize! I contacted corporate and they did state that is being worked on and should be included in the next app update.
That's something new. I don't even know about that, lol.

I have RaceChip in my wife's X2, but without App.
So I never encountered that issue.
Appreciate 1
      03-03-2020, 09:10 PM   #88
AKittrell
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X7; 2018 Panamera 4S

Quote:
That's something new. I don't even know about that, lol.

I have RaceChip in my wife's X2, but without App.
So I never encountered that issue.

Customer service in Stuggart, GE said they are working diligently on this issue and it will be resolved with the next app update.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12801.50