BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum How long for production of special order?

02-27-2020, 02:51 PM   #507
thenew3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7, 2016 X3, 2021 MME

I'm getting conflicting information on when my car is scheduled for production.

Dealer: April
Web Site: No production estimate
Genius automated system: No estimate
Genius human: March (not sure what date, just says month is March).

Which do you guys think has the most accurate information?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 06:18 PM   #508
Crimsonboz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenew3 View Post

BMW G updated me more accurately
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 07:08 PM   #509
thenew3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonboz View Post
BMW G updated me more accurately
Thanks, hope the G folks are correct. The earlier the better as I'm out of a vehicle right now due to stupid MB incompetence.

Hopefully it'll get built in March and delivered shortly after.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 10:56 PM   #510
thenew3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Wow that was quick. Went from Order received to scheduled for production in 4 days.

From your experiences, how long did it stay in scheduled for production before it went to the next dot "Production begins" ?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 11:20 PM   #511
Wanderer73
Major
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i

Quote:

What is your production week?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 08:57 AM   #512
thenew3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer73 View Post
No idea, Dealer just says April, while Genius says March. Neither would give me a date or week.

Online status as of last night shows it's scheduled for production but doesn't tell me what the schedule is. Automated genius system still says order confirmed.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 09:12 AM   #513
Wanderer73
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
No idea, Dealer just says April, while Genius says March. Neither would give me a date or week.

Online status as of last night shows it's scheduled for production but doesn't tell me what the schedule is. Automated genius system still says order confirmed.
CA at your dealership should be able to give you your production week (which is its completion week). I was given mine along with my production number (week 10 ... it's finishing this weekend).
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 09:28 AM   #514
TaytoX7
Private
Rep
Drives: X7 Xdrive40i M Sport

I have to wait on my X7 to cross the atlantic. It finished production on 30th of January and I haven't heard anything since, although my dealer says the original date of 23rd of March will still happen. The not knowing is a killer.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 09:34 AM   #515
Wanderer73
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaytoX7 View Post
I have to wait on my X7 to cross the atlantic. It finished production on 30th of January and I haven't heard anything since, although my dealer says the original date of 23rd of March will still happen. The not knowing is a killer.
I feel for you! I've only been waiting a few weeks and it's killing me
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 10:30 AM   #516
thenew3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
CA at your dealership should be able to give you your production week (which is its completion week). I was given mine along with my production number (week 10 ... it's finishing this weekend).
Unfortunately every time I ask, the answer is the same. "Scheduled for April production, no specific week. But will likely get moved up to March now that it is set as Priority 1"

From the genius guys they say it's scheduled for March production but can't give me a date or week.

Online now shows it's scheduled for production but no date

Automated genius still says ordered received with no production schedule.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 10:37 AM   #517
Wanderer73
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Unfortunately every time I ask, the answer is the same. "Scheduled for April production, no specific week. But will likely get moved up to March now that it is set as Priority 1"

From the genius guys they say it's scheduled for March production but can't give me a date or week.

Online now shows it's scheduled for production but no date

Automated genius still says ordered received with no production schedule.
It sounds like you're monitoring on mygarage.bmwusa.com and through the automated system, so I'm assuming you have a production number?

From my experience, if you have a production number, you should be able to get your production week.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 11:20 AM   #518
Paultattoo
Paul Tattoo
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X7

I remember this time so well. Checking the website every few hours. Calling the genius hotline way to often. Don't worry buddy, the day will come.

Here's a little tip so your joy may last a bit longer.

Mine was on the first dot the day I ordered. It sat there for two months. Then one day it moved to the third dot. I was so excited. But it sat on the third dot for a few weeks.

Then all of a sudden it moved to the forth dot late at night. Before I even got a chance to enjoy it, I woke up in the morning and I was on the sixth dot and by the end of the day it was just about over and in quality control. The X7 was done and shipped within three days after moving off of the third dot. It all happened so fast I hardly had time to enjoy the payoff after such a long wait.

It will come when it comes and the people at the hotline know very little more than what is on the website, but they do seem to know a tiny little bit more.

The website usually lags far behind where the car actually is. While mine was waiting carrier assignment the dealer called to tell me it was there. But when the dot moves past the third dot, it's quick and then you know they are actually building it and that does not take long at all.

Received on 12/28/2023: 2024 X7 XDrive 40i Obsidian Black, Coffee Vernasca Leather, M SPORT, EXECUTIVE, DYNAMIC, ASSISTANCE PRO PKG, LUX SEATING, COLD WEATHER, PARK ASSIST, Ambient Air, Shadowline Trim,
Harman Kardon, Trailer Hitch.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 11:33 AM   #519
thenew3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paultattoo View Post
I remember this time so well. Checking the website every few hours. Calling the genius hotline way to often. Don't worry buddy, the day will come.

Mine was on the first dot the day I ordered. It sat there for two months. Then one day it moved to the third dot. I was so excited. But it sat on the third dot for a few weeks.

Then all of a sudden it moved to the forth dot late at night. Before I even got a chance to enjoy it, I woke up in the morning and I was on the sixth dot and by the end of the day it was just about over and in quality control. The X7 was done and shipped within three days after moving off of the third dot. It all happened so fast I hardly had time to enjoy the payoff after such a long wait.

It will come when it comes and the people at the hotline know very little more than what is on the website, but they do seem to know a tiny little bit more.

The website usually lags far behind where the car actually is. While mine was waiting carrier assignment the dealer called to tell me it was there. But when the dot moves past the third dot, it's quick and then you know they are actually building it and that does not take long at all.

Thanks.

My issue is I don't have a car to use right now (due to multiple mess ups by Mercedes USA) so the sooner the X7 arrives the better.
(Uber costs adds up, and sharing a vehicle with the wife doesn't always work)

I ordered on Sunday 2/23, on Monday 2/24 the SA gave me the production # and I was able to add it to the bmw site. On afternoon of 27th I called BMW Genius and they guy told me he sees it in his system as March but doesn't show a day or week.
In the evening of the 27th, the online site changed from first dot to 2nd dot.
Checking with the SA, same answer as before, it's April production slot but will likely get moved up to March since it's priority 1.

I just don't want to go through games again like I had to with MB. Had been trying to get a GLS since March 2019. My two orders kept getting delayed and delayed for no reason and I cancelled them on the 24th of February after MB still can't tell me when they can get the car to me.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 01:18 PM   #520
Wanderer73
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks.

My issue is I don't have a car to use right now (due to multiple mess ups by Mercedes USA) so the sooner the X7 arrives the better.

I ordered on Sunday 2/23, on Monday 2/24 the SA gave me the production # and I was able to add it to the bmw site. On afternoon of 27th I called BMW Genius and they guy told me he sees it in his system as March but doesn't show a day or week.
Checking with the SA, same answer as before, it's April production slot but will likely get moved up to March since it's priority 1.

I just don't want to go through games again like I had to with MB. Had been trying to get a GLS since March 2019. My two orders kept getting delayed and delayed for no reason and I cancelled them on the 24th of February after MB still can't tell me when they can get the car to me.
I just pinged a reputable CA and he confirmed that if you have a legit production number, your CA can and should provide you with a production week. I'd push again so you at least have a better time frame.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 01:24 PM   #521
jmciver
///M SubDriver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3, 2020 X7 40i

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks.

Based on what I know about how the ordering process works, your CA is not being as forthcoming as they possibly could - probably some CYA in case there are delays. If you have a production order number, your dealer has an allocation. With an allocation, you have a production week which is the estimated week your vehicle will be done with production. Also, if the CA wants, they could get you the current build status code, which is the true status of your build.

For those that are curious, below is the list of order status codes I pulled from another thread:

0 Order deleted by NA
17 Order not Specified
37 Order is at BMW NA
87 Production Week Assigned
97 Order sent to AG
100 Order deleted by AG
101 Error in data transmitted
102 Special Order (no Prod Week)
105 Order out of Prod. Period
111 Order Accepted at AG
112 Order scheduled for Production
**** Up to this point you can still make changes to the car such as options, colors, etc. However, once the car goes to status 150, you cannot make any changes since the car is now in production!
150 Production Started
151 Body Shop Started
152 Paint Shop Started
153 Assembly Started
155 Production Completed
160 Released to Distribution
168 AG Stock
170 Waiting Workshop
172 Planned for Workshop
174 Workshop Entry
176 Workshop Complete
180 Waiting for Export Dispatch
181 Waiting for Domestic Dispatch
182 Schedule for Carrier
190 In transit to port of exit
191 Returned to BMW AG
193 Arrived at Port of Exit
194 Selected for Shipment
195 Shipped from Port of Exit
196 Shipment Arrival at destination port?

X3 XDrive 30i - 2019 G01 Mineral White (wife's) / 128i 6MT - 2009 E82 Jet Black (son's)
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 07:06 PM   #522
760Lifan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 4xe Summit R & Trailhawk

Quote:
I remember this time so well.
Ha, me, too!
Gone: 2020 X7 M50i, Mineral White, Ivory White Full Merino, Piano Black Trim, Cold Weather, Dynamic Handling, Driving Assistance, Luxury Seating, Executive, 22" Y-Spoke Orbit Grey Wheels Style 758i, Space Saver Spare, Trailer Hitch, Leather Dash, Ambient Air, Bowers & Wilkins, Rear Entertainment, Night Vision, Extended Shadowline, Alcantara Headliner in Upholstery Color.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 07:08 PM   #523
760Lifan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 4xe Summit R & Trailhawk

Folks, call Genius @ 1-844-443-6487 and have your production-# ready. Talk to a real person. That info will be as up to date as it gets.
Gone: 2020 X7 M50i, Mineral White, Ivory White Full Merino, Piano Black Trim, Cold Weather, Dynamic Handling, Driving Assistance, Luxury Seating, Executive, 22" Y-Spoke Orbit Grey Wheels Style 758i, Space Saver Spare, Trailer Hitch, Leather Dash, Ambient Air, Bowers & Wilkins, Rear Entertainment, Night Vision, Extended Shadowline, Alcantara Headliner in Upholstery Color.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 09:32 PM   #524
TaytoX7
Private
Rep

Unfortunately that is only available in the USA.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 02:06 AM   #525
Wanderer73
Major
Rep

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 03:41 AM   #526
TaytoX7
Private
Rep

Wanderer73, is that carbon black?
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 06:54 AM   #527
Wanderer73
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaytoX7 View Post
Wanderer73, is that carbon black?
Yes.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 07:01 AM   #528
TaytoX7
Private
Rep

I went with black sapphire. I think you will beat me. Mine completed 30th of jan but due 23rd of march.
Appreciate 0