BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Picked up my first X7

04-21-2024, 04:17 PM   #1
mattsrs
Captain
Rep
Drives: X7

Picked up my first X7

Picked up my 2025 X7 40i this past weekend and love it so far. Took about 24 days from order to delivery. Here the specs:

- Skyscraper grey, Tartufo extended leather, Fineline open pore wood trim
- Packages: Executive, M Sport, M Sport Pro, DAP, Park assist, DHP, climate comfort
- Options: B&W, leather dash, spare tire, trailer hitch

Prior to this, I have had 5 series, 7 series (23 760), X5 G05 (pre and LCI) and I am so far impressed by the X7. Way quieter and better ride than my 24 X5. I also like it better than my 760. I prefer the more "traditional" interior of the X7 than too much tech and pizzazz in your face in the current 7 series (not to mention SUV driving position is more fun for me).

DHP for me was a must mostly because of rear wheel steering given how big this car is but I assume it impacts handling/ride too and this car has been great over the past couple days in that department.

First time getting this color and it is growing on me. Wanted something a bit lighter that is not white.

Also first time getting the B&W. Always skimped on this in my past bimmer orders as I thought its too much money but now that I have it, I think it is well worth the money. Way more detail and clarity can be heard through the B&W system that is lost on the HK.

One comment on the leather dash option, IMHO not worth it. I had the base dashboard on my 24 X5 and now leather dash on X7. I can barely tell the difference that would justify the $ difference.
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
      04-21-2024, 06:03 PM   #2
hohlraum
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 40i

Garage List
Congrats on the new ride.
Appreciate 1
mattsrs619.50
      04-21-2024, 06:34 PM   #3
Sat Pat
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2025 X7 40i

Congratulations, car looks great inside out! Enjoy the ride! Do you have any plans for ceramic coating/PPF/tint?

I'm curious to know whether you are satisfied with the AC. It's not even summer yet and I'm already concerned that the AC isn't strong enough, especially for how loud the fans are.

Also wondering if you notice any excessive wind noise around the mirrors at highway speeds. My Q5 has massive mirrors, bigger than the X7's, but I don't recall them being this loud.

I don't know if tires, esp. run-flats have a break-in period, but I think I also hear a faint rumble when coasting at highway speeds. Could just be my OCD, but I'm going to set up a service appointment to have all these three things looked into.
Appreciate 1
mattsrs619.50
      04-21-2024, 06:58 PM   #4
mattsrs
Captain
Rep
Drives: X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sat Pat View Post
Congratulations, car looks great inside out! Enjoy the ride! Do you have any plans for ceramic coating/PPF/tint?

I'm curious to know whether you are satisfied with the AC. It's not even summer yet and I'm already concerned that the AC isn't strong enough, especially for how loud the fans are.

Also wondering if you notice any excessive wind noise around the mirrors at highway speeds. My Q5 has massive mirrors, bigger than the X7's, but I don't recall them being this loud.

I don't know if tires, esp. run-flats have a break-in period, but I think I also hear a faint rumble when coasting at highway speeds. Could just be my OCD, but I'm going to set up a service appointment to have all these three things looked into.
Thanks man! I will Ceramic coat it in the next few weeks. Asked the dealer not to even touch it/detail it to avoid any microscratch from their detailers lol just washed it myself when I took it home. Regarding ppf, I have done so much research back when I got my Cayenne and the ROI is not there. Ceramic would be great to get it shine better and make it easier to wash. I also plan to tint the front windows.

I turned on AC on a day that was around 75 degrees out and it was fine. Make sure you move the sliders in settings all the way to the left on driver and passenger climate settings as it make a big difference but regardless, the design of center vents are so so bad on the LCI that there is no way you can adjust it high enough to get enough air blowing to your head.

Regarding wind noise, I drove it on highway for around 100 miles but it was raining a lot which may be why I didn't notice any unusual road/wind noise. I am not a fan of BMW mirror design in general as most of the time they cause wind noise being mounted on the window and not the body. Even my 760 had some wind noise that the dealer said "it is normal". Let me know what the dealer tells you about this when you take it in.

What brand are your tires? In general, I hate runflats and usually replace them with non-RFs but this time I am trying to convince myself to drive the OEM Bridgestones as long as possible and then waste $ lol

Last edited by mattsrs; 04-21-2024 at 07:06 PM..
Appreciate 2
      04-21-2024, 07:53 PM   #5
Tyriondo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X7 40d M Sport

Garage List
Congratulations, enjoy the ride!
Appreciate 2
      04-21-2024, 07:55 PM   #6
ledphut
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Garage List
2022 Alpina CB7  [3.50]
Welcome to the club! Enjoy in good health.
Appreciate 1
mattsrs619.50
      Yesterday, 09:36 PM   #7
patrikr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 760i, 2020 Model X LR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsrs View Post
Picked up my 2025 X7 40i this past weekend and love it so far. Took about 24 days from order to delivery. Here the specs:

- Skyscraper grey, Tartufo extended leather, Fineline open pore wood trim
- Packages: Executive, M Sport, M Sport Pro, DAP, Park assist, DHP, climate comfort
- Options: B&W, leather dash, spare tire, trailer hitch

Prior to this, I have had 5 series, 7 series (23 760), X5 G05 (pre and LCI) and I am so far impressed by the X7. Way quieter and better ride than my 24 X5. I also like it better than my 760. I prefer the more "traditional" interior of the X7 than too much tech and pizzazz in your face in the current 7 series (not to mention SUV driving position is more fun for me).

DHP for me was a must mostly because of rear wheel steering given how big this car is but I assume it impacts handling/ride too and this car has been great over the past couple days in that department.

First time getting this color and it is growing on me. Wanted something a bit lighter that is not white.

Also first time getting the B&W. Always skimped on this in my past bimmer orders as I thought its too much money but now that I have it, I think it is well worth the money. Way more detail and clarity can be heard through the B&W system that is lost on the HK.

One comment on the leather dash option, IMHO not worth it. I had the base dashboard on my 24 X5 and now leather dash on X7. I can barely tell the difference that would justify the $ difference.
And I thought I changed cars often, remember you from our chats on the 7 series forum. Great looking ride, can’t go wrong with the X7. It’s been on my shortlist for a while but ended up trading the 760 for a XM instead
Appreciate 0