BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Carwow - BMW X7 vs Range Rover see which is the best luxury SUV

08-18-2019, 07:41 PM   #45
Saabfan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 50i

One other factor in this debate: the lease product (for us, at least) was MUCH better (read: chaper) on the X7 versus the Range Rover. The overall cost of ownership/month on our 2019 X7 is much less compared to our 2018 Range Rover (even when you account for the approximate $10,000 delta in MSRP of our RR over our X7), and our 2020 760i, which MSRP’d significantly higher than the RR, is still less in terms of cost of ownership/month. The RR collected dust after we acquired the X7 and 760i. It just felt tired and dated. The cameras often didn’t turn on. Suspension issues (where the vehicle was stuck at highest setting). But I will tell you this, it almost always received front row parking at valets and turned the most heads. It is a stunning vehicle in my humble opinion.

Our X7 has had its own issues. We had to return our first to the dealer in what essentially became a “lemon”. Our second had a faulty LED corona around one of the front headlights which went dead and required multiple trips to the dealer to figure out the problem (it’s still dimmer than the other three but not noticeable enough for me to bother taking it back in).

All that said, this truly is a matter of what works for the individual and what makes him/her happy. I still don’t think the typical X7 buyer cross shops the RRS, but I could see them cross shopping the RR.

Respectfully submitted.
Appreciate 1
LSM1118.00
      08-18-2019, 07:41 PM   #46
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
There is no point in arguing with anyone over why they picked Vehicle A over Vehicle B. There are statistics and ownership experience. Statistics say one thing but if a person's ownership differs then what the stats say, they may still choose it.

We all know how troublesome German cars can be but yet we still pick them. I have had pretty crap luck with Mercedes and will likely not go back to them unless BMW decides to give me serious issues which I have yet to experience. I also have a MINI which we all know can be worse than BMW's especially with the R56 chassis but I have yet to experience any issues that couldn't be fixed with a I Level update and would consider a new MINI if I decide to replace my current one.

Range Rovers on the other hand, for the amount of them sold and the frequency of how many I see come on a flat bed (almost everyday, I work beside a Land Rover/Jaguar dealership), I would never consider them on that alone.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2019, 07:59 PM   #47
Ken750iX7
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 750i X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
There is no point in arguing with anyone over why they picked Vehicle A over Vehicle B. There are statistics and ownership experience. Statistics say one thing but if a person's ownership differs then what the stats say, they may still choose it.
Agreed.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 07:29 AM   #48
rad doc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M AW loaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelrain View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I have just bought a Range Rover sport HST after test driving the X7 50i
I was totally unimpressed by the x7 for the price. The interior in the Range Rover is better, it drives better, all around a much better experience. This is coming from someone who owns an M3,M4 and an X5.
The RRS competes with the X5... odd cross shopping X7 vs RRS.

We have a RRS very comfortable, tech is slow and sluggish, not sporty at all but again very comfortable
Well the Range Rover and Range Rover sport is about the same size as the X7 and bigger than the x5 I know as I drove my x5 to check all those vehicles out
Might be weird to compare but other than a 3rd row seat o don't see it being in a different class
Ahh, no they're not. The X5 is actually bigger than the RRS with a longer wheelbase and length

The X7 is much larger than RRS in both wheelbase and length, they dont compete with each other

I have a RRS and we love it. That said has short comings l.

X5 is much more sporty it's much faster and it's tech is 5 generations ahead. If I only had an suv and not a sporty car also my choice would be X5 all day and if I needed a larger car I prefer X7 over full size RR

The RRS is more comfortable, looks more upscale/expensive and although the interior tech looks amazing (3 digital screens) it's slow and non intuitive

Anyway diff strokes for diff folks enjoy your RRS
The x5 is not much faster than the rrs. Actually the sport in v8 supercharged is faster than the top trim x5 (excluding svr vs x5m). The interior quality of the rrs in autobiography trim destroys the bmw. RR tech does lag but is good enough for most and honestly who cares.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 08:03 AM   #49
LSM
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 Porsche 911 GTS Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad doc View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I was totally unimpressed by the x7 for the price. The interior in the Range Rover is better, it drives better, all around a much better experience. This is coming from someone who owns an M3,M4 and an X5.

We have a RRS very comfortable, tech is slow and sluggish, not sporty at all but again very comfortable
Well the Range Rover and Range Rover sport is about the same size as the X7 and bigger than the x5 I know as I drove my x5 to check all those vehicles out
Might be weird to compare but other than a 3rd row seat o don't see it being in a different class
Ahh, no they're not. The X5 is actually bigger than the RRS with a longer wheelbase and length

The X7 is much larger than RRS in both wheelbase and length, they dont compete with each other

X5 is much more sporty it's much faster and it's tech is 5 generations ahead. If I only had an suv and not a sporty car also my choice would be X5 all day and if I needed a larger car I prefer X7 over full size RR

The RRS is more comfortable, looks more upscale/expensive and although the interior tech looks amazing (3 digital screens) it's slow and non intuitive

The x5 is not much faster than the rrs. Actually the sport in v8 supercharged is faster than the top trim x5 (excluding svr vs x5m). The interior quality of the rrs in autobiography trim destroys the bmw. RR tech does lag but is good enough for most and honestly who cares.
The X5 M50i is sub 4 sec the X5 4.0 is 4.7 both faster than all but the RRS SVR.

The V8 SC is nowhere near as fast as the V8 BMW. It feels more akin to the X5 4.0 in speed and dynamically it's miles away.

I cross shopped the RRS V8 Dynamic before opting for the 6 cyl due to the V8 dynamic still not being sporty nor fast.

I have the HSE 6 cyl it's nowhere near as fast as current gen X5 4.0

Autobiography is over 100k it better be nice inside

Tech who cares? I care it's so slow and non intuitive. It shuts down and is slow to start up. it's brutal and has no place in a vehicle costing this much
      08-19-2019, 09:34 AM   #50
rad doc
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The X5 M50i is sub 4 sec the X5 4.0 is 4.7 both faster than their respective comparable RR

The V8 SC is nowhere near as fast as the V8 BMW. It feels more akin to the X5 4.0 in speed and dynamically it's miles away

I cross shopped the RRS V8 Dynamic before opting for the 6 cyl due to it still not being sporty nor fast.

I have the HSE 6 cyl it's nowhere near as fast as current gen X5 4.0

Autobiography is over 100k it better be nice inside

Tech who cares? I care it's so slow and non intuitive. It shuts down and is slow to start up. it's brutal and has no place in a vehicle costing this much
Ah, you are correct on performance numbers. Was looking at 50d. Yes the rrs in autobiography is pricey but so is the 50i fully equipped. The finishes are significantly nicer on the rr. Each their own on tech. Never had issues with our rr. Bluetooth is good enough for me. I have other cars with all the advanced tech and dont use it anyways. Just drive.
Appreciate 1
LSM1118.00
      08-19-2019, 11:44 AM   #51
LittleJoe
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 EQS 580 SUV

Anyone else find this thread pointless? Wish it would die already!
Appreciate 1
LSM1118.00
      08-19-2019, 12:53 PM   #52
gatordent2007
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 x7 M50i

Garage List
2016 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe View Post
It would if the butthurt Range Rover fanboys would just go away with their terrible arguments lol
Appreciate 1
LSM1118.00
      08-19-2019, 03:55 PM   #53
rad doc
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatordent2007 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe View Post
It would if the butthurt Range Rover fanboys would just go away with their terrible arguments lol
Why cant people discuss merits of each vehicle and why the chose one model or the other without being labeled "fan boys" and "butt hurt"? It's pretty idiotic after all we are on a bmw forum so assume we are generally bmw enthusiasts. And if you find this thread pointless, perhaps there is somewhere else you could go. I for one enjoy learning about the two perspectives from owners and potential owners.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 05:16 PM   #54
gatordent2007
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Why cant people discuss merits of each vehicle and why the chose one model or the other without being labeled "fan boys" and "butt hurt"? It's pretty idiotic after all we are on a bmw forum so assume we are generally bmw enthusiasts. And if you find this thread pointless, perhaps there is somewhere else you could go. I for one enjoy learning about the two perspectives from owners and potential owners.
What’s idiotic is a Range Rover owner on a bmw forum using bad arguments to prove why their personal choice of owning a rr is better than someone else’s personal choice of choosing a bmw. Fanboys are people who can’t consider choices others make as potentially reasonable just because it’s not the choice they made. This is the stance several “butthurt fanboys” have made since the review thought the x7 was the better vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 06:22 PM   #55
rad doc
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
What's idiotic is a Range Rover owner on a bmw forum using bad arguments to prove why their personal choice of owning a rr is better than someone else's personal choice of choosing a bmw. Fanboys are people who can't consider choices others make as potentially reasonable just because it's not the choice they made. This is the stance several "butthurt fanboys" have made since the review thought the x7 was the better vehicle.
I would assume most of the rr owners commenting also discuss various bmws. And did anyone say purchasing an x7 over rr was unreasonable? Didn't read that. Don't take comments as a defense of why someone purchased just simply preferences that lead to a purchase decision. Whats the point of dialogue if everyone agrees?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 08:28 PM   #56
balmain
Rep

Quote:
What’s idiotic is a Range Rover owner on a bmw forum using bad arguments to prove why their personal choice of owning a rr is better than someone else’s personal choice of choosing a bmw. Fanboys are people who can’t consider choices others make as potentially reasonable just because it’s not the choice they made. This is the stance several “butthurt fanboys” have made since the review thought the x7 was the better vehicle.
You sound small minded, a loyal fanboy or just poor. People who purchase new Range Rovers are quite wealthy and generally have more than one vehicle. Many Range Rover owners have both, and there are a few here so far who do have both. Are they to chose which brand has their loyalty and stick with the forum of that make?

My parents being in that category. I have a lowly M4, but I have had experience with high end vehicles vehicles parents have a 2019 Range Rover (full size) Autiobiography, a 2015 MB G63, 2017 Porsche 9114s and the newest - 2020 750i (which replaced an 17 MB S550) .

I have driven them all, and sorry but the 7-Series is my least favorite even though it makes the rest seem quite old from a tech standpoint. It's packed with amazing, newest tech (because it is the newest), it handles better than them all (with exception of the Porsche obviously). With that said, it feels pedestrian. I have never driven the X7 but I'm sure it offers a similar experience. Cruising in town, sitting up high in a new Range Rover is just feels more glamorous and special than the BMW; the leather feels higher quality, better ambiance, and the Meridian sound system is the best I have ever heard in any vehicle with the exception of the Naim in the Bentley. Better than the Bowers & Wilkins in the 750i. People in the $100k price range are more drawn to that experience...which is why the elderly and more expensive Range Rover outsells the brand new state of the art 7 Series 2:1.

The car reviewer stated his opinion and others are allowed to state their own option.

Last edited by balmain; 08-19-2019 at 09:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 09:24 PM   #57
gatordent2007
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by balmain View Post
You sound small minded, a loyal fanboy or just poor. People who purchase new Range Rovers are quite wealthy and generally have more than one vehicle. Many Range Rover owners have both, and there are a few here so far who do have both. Are they to chose which brand has their loyalty and stick with the forum of that make?

My parents being in that category. I have a lowly M4, but I have had experience with high end vehicles vehicles parents have a 2019 Range Rover (full size) Autiobiography, a 2015 MB G63, 2017 Porsche 9114s and the newest - 2020 750i (which replaced an 17 MB S550) .

I have driven them all, and sorry but the 7-Series is my least favorite even though it makes the rest seem quite old from a tech standpoint. It's packed with amazing, newest tech (because it is the newest), it handles better than them all (with exception of the Porsche obviously). With that said, it feels pedestrian. I have never driven the X7 but I'm sure it offers a similar experience. Cruising in town, sitting up high in a new Range Rover is just feels more glamorous and special than the BMW; the leather feels higher quality, better ambiance, and the Meridian sound system is the best I have ever heard in any vehicle with the exception of the Naim in the Bentley. Better than the Bowers & Wilkins in the 750i. People in the $100k price range are more drawn to that experience...which is why the elderly and more expensive Range Rover outsells the brand new state of the art 7 Series 2:1.

The car reviewer stated his opinion and others are allowed to state their own option.
It’s funny bc you were the main butthurt fan boy I referred to bc your arguments are retarded. You provide no insight other than throwing out things about money like you have in this post. I’ve said numerous times throughout this thread that I personally like range rovers, just never bought one due to concerns and my particular needs. You provide nothing objective in your arguments. Time to go back to mommy and daddy’s basement 😂😂😂
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 10:02 PM   #58
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by balmain View Post
People who purchase new Range Rovers are quite wealthy and generally have more than one vehicle.
Your reply is not more "glamorous" either...
Wealthy does not mean knowledgeable.

And no, Range Rover does not drive better than a bimmer in any way.
I will take an X3/X4/X6 anytime and have some money left too, not to mention a better engineering, better driving dynamics (a dresser has no {aero} dynamics) and a better package as a whole. Not to mention reliability.

Sound system relies on many things, including the number of speakers, amplifier's class, materials and arrangement of speakers.
For the money, E84 X1 Harman Kardon system with two subwoofers under front seats blows out of the water even the new Evoque's system.
That 10 years old X1 with less HP makes 0-60 in 6.4 while the new Evoque needs 6.9.
BMW comes with double anticorrosive warranty... And so on...

There are people out there that want to see value for the money and Range Rover doesn't come even close.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 06:19 AM   #59
48Laws
Banned
Rep
Drives: '15 F80, '18 991.2 GTS

Reliability aside (we don’t know the parameters for JD Power ratings) Range Rover exudes class. It’s just a handsome vehicle. The prestige and road presence far outweighs anything BMW can do. This cannot be denied. The luxury suv market is small, too. If money is flowing, not too many will choose a bmw over a Range at first glance.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 06:26 AM   #60
BMWBear
Ultimate Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws View Post
Reliability aside (we don’t know the parameters for JD Power ratings) Range Rover exudes class. It’s just a handsome vehicle. The prestige and road presence far outweighs anything BMW can do. This cannot be denied. The luxury suv market is small, too. If money is flowing, not too many will choose a bmw over a Range at first glance.
I don’t agree but I do think this thread needs to die.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 06:42 AM   #61
Missduvy
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I did. We’ve been buying $100+ cars for a decade or more. Currently have four. We’ve never, ever considered a RR. I’ve never thought it was an attractive car, and I don’t count people who drive them as more “prestigious.” Opinions shouldn’t be stated as if they’re facts.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 09:21 AM   #62
48Laws
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missduvy View Post
I did. We’ve been buying $100+ cars for a decade or more. Currently have four. We’ve never, ever considered a RR. I’ve never thought it was an attractive car, and I don’t count people who drive them as more “prestigious.” Opinions shouldn’t be stated as if they’re facts.
Well, you’d be in the minority. The link that was provided showing how RR is one of the top selling $100k vehicles only strengthens my point. As enthusiast of the car community, we can all agree which brands lean closer to prestige than others. Aston Martin, for example, is universally accepted as being at the pinnacle of class and prestige. Same goes for Range Rovers. I mean, it’s the vehicle of choice by the Royal Family, if that matters. I see the X7 as an expensive alternative to the RR but certainly it cannot compete as far as road presence and is not even remotely revered as such. BMW has always been in a weird space of trying to be luxurious yet, sport based..while not committing to either. Once people really get their money up, BMW Loses its traction because one tends to branch out to vehicles that REALLY exude elegance, class and status. That’s why most M drivers typically move UP to Porsche and the like.

Last edited by 48Laws; 08-20-2019 at 09:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 10:18 AM   #63
Missduvy
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Well, you’d be in the minority. The link that was provided showing how RR is one of the top selling $100k vehicles only strengthens my point. As enthusiast of the car community, we can all agree which brands lean closer to prestige than others. Aston Martin, for example, is universally accepted as being at the pinnacle of class and prestige. Same goes for Range Rovers. I mean, it’s the vehicle of choice by the Royal Family, if that matters. I see the X7 as an expensive alternative to the RR but certainly it cannot compete as far as road presence and is not even remotely revered as such. BMW has always been in a weird space of trying to be luxurious yet, sport based..while not committing to either. Once people really get their money up, BMW Loses its traction because one tends to branch out to vehicles that REALLY exude elegance, class and status. That’s why most M drivers typically move UP to Porsche and the like.
Again, all of these points are based on your own personal opinion. There are so many points here with which I disagree that I don’t even know where to begin. But I shall try.

A) Another link has been provided here that showed the X7 has outsold the RR in the first quarter of this year. No other stats matter, because that’s the first quarter it was ever even sold.

B) The British Royal Family drives Range Rovers and Aston Martins because they are British cars. If there were a German royal family, they likely wouldn’t drive those brands.

C) Aston Martin is not “universally accepted as being at the pinnacle of class and prestige.” You personally, and even your friends, might think that, but that doesn’t mean everyone else does. Are you really saying that it is more prestigious than a Rolls Royce? I’m pretty well versed in “prestigious cars”; I’ve ridden in both multiple times, and there is a clear difference. I’m not here to say that my opinion is fact — just that yours isn’t a clear cut definition of what everyone else thinks.

D) Most M drivers don’t move UP to Porsche. We have both, and while they’re both incredible vehicles, our M5 is faster than the 911. Hell, it’s even faster than our Ferrari off the line (certainly not the quarter mile, but I digress). The M5 and the 911s cost around the same thing (115-125ish), so one is not necessarily a step up from the other. They’re completely different kinds of cars.

E) I have four good friends who drive new Range Rovers. I have ridden in their cars. They are nowhere near as nice — inside or out — as my X7. Not saying all X7’s are that nice, but you can certainly spec one to be.

Finally, may I suggest that you join a Range Rover forum? I’m certain that they’d be more receptive to your analysis. You can’t be surprised that those in this group find your opinions a bit polarizing. We researched this car, spent a ton of money on it, and are invested enough to come here during our free time to talk about it.
Appreciate 1
      08-20-2019, 10:40 AM   #64
48Laws
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Again, all of these points are based on your own personal opinion. There are so many points here with which I disagree that I don’t even know where to begin. But I shall try.
As you proceed to inject your opinion absent of facts.

Quote:
A) Another link has been provided here that showed the X7 has outsold the RR in the first quarter of this year. No other stats matter, because that’s the first quarter it was ever even sold.
Relying on one quarter stats for your argument is like relying on 4 reviews to claim a product is good or not.

Quote:

B) The British Royal Family drives Range Rovers and Aston Martins because they are British cars. If there were a German royal family, they likely wouldn’t drive those brands.
My message escaped you. The point is, is that these brands, regardless of Provenance, are associated with prestige, power abs wealth. That’s universally understood. BMW is not nor has it ever been.

Quote:
C) Aston Martin is not “universally accepted as being at the pinnacle of class and prestige.” You personally, and even your friends, might think that, but that doesn’t mean everyone else does. Are you really saying that it is more prestigious than a Rolls Royce? I’m pretty well versed in “prestigious cars”; I’ve ridden in both multiple times, and there is a clear difference. I’m not here to say that my opinion is fact — just that yours isn’t a clear cut definition of what everyone else thinks.
You’re seriously in denial if you believe the aforementioned brands aren’t universally accepted as being at the pinnacle of prestige. One flaw in your argument is assuming that me highlighting Aston Martin is also meminimizing rolls Royce. That’s a self created fallacy as you injected that comparison while i agree that Rolls Royce, Aston Martin and RR are all in the same group of prestige while BMW isn’t even close.

Quote:
D) Most M drivers don’t move UP to Porsche. We have both, and while they’re both incredible vehicles, our M5 is faster than the 911. Hell, it’s even faster than our Ferrari off the line (certainly not the quarter mile, but I digress). The M5 and the 911s cost around the same thing (115-125ish), so one is not necessarily a step up from the other. They’re completely different kinds of cars.
Again, faster must mean better to you. To adults like me, it doesn’t. Most M drivers, typically shop UP to Porches etc and if they are fortunate to own both, the M is a daily while the P-car is the special vehicle. The M cannot remotely compare to the engineering of a Porsche. The entire owner experience is light years ahead of an M.

Quote:
E) I have four good friends who drive new Range Rovers. I have ridden in their cars. They are nowhere near as nice — inside or out — as my X7. Not saying all X7’s are that nice, but you can certainly spec one to be.
I expect you to say that. You’re also talking about BMW that has aggressive programs to get people who can’t afford their cars into one. You don’t see that with RE because they don’t need that market.
Quote:
Finally, may I suggest that you join a Range Rover forum? I’m certain that they’d be more receptive to your analysis. You can’t be surprised that those in this group find your opinions a bit polarizing. We researched this car, spent a ton of money on it, and are invested enough to come here during our free time to talk about it.
Bro, I’ve been on this forum years before you. I’ve Drive some of the most desirable cars yet i am not as deluded as you are and I’m certainly not so biased that i will shun objective opinions such as you. That X7 will look dated in 12 months while a RR Defender has increased in value and still
Has prestige.
Appreciate 1
      08-20-2019, 11:27 AM   #65
balmain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
Your reply is not more "glamorous" either...
Wealthy does not mean knowledgeable.
But it means I have first hand experience driving these cars while reading car reviews is the closest to the driver's seat of these vehicles you get. I've driven Bentleys, Rolls, Range Rover, top end AMG, M, Lamborghini, Ferrari, McLarens extensively while you watch Carwow Youtube videos. Womp womp.

Quote:
And no, Range Rover does not drive better than a bimmer in any way.
I will take an X3/X4/X6 anytime and have some money left too, not to mention a better engineering, better driving dynamics (a dresser has no {aero} dynamics) and a better package as a whole. Not to mention reliability.
I'm sure the X7 may be better in sprinted cornering, but no one drives these big boats like that. I've only driven/ridden in these vehicles within NYC and the Hamptons and Range Rover feels better to me in these environments. If I lived in the mountains of Colorado, maybe I would feel different but I don't. But then again, if I lived in such an environment I would say it's a tossup since the Range Rover obviously drives far better off road.

Quote:
Sound system relies on many things, including the number of speakers, amplifier's class, materials and arrangement of speakers.
For the money, E84 X1 Harman Kardon system with two subwoofers under front seats blows out of the water even the new Evoque's system.
I don't care why the Range Rover's audio system blows away the premium audio in the BMW. The Range Rover's sound system is far better and is the best system in any car with the exception of Bentley's newest Naim. Period.

Quote:
That 10 years old X1 with less HP makes 0-60 in 6.4 while the new Evoque needs 6.9.
BMW comes with double anticorrosive warranty... And so on...

There are people out there that want to see value for the money and Range Rover doesn't come even close.
LOL. Evoque, X1, X2, and the rest of that economy segment belong in the trash in my opinion. Why would I even think of these economy vehicles? What do they have to do with this thread?

Last edited by balmain; 08-20-2019 at 11:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 11:44 AM   #66
balmain
Rep

Quote:

A)
The base price for an X7 is $73,000 and the average list price for optioned ones on the market is $88,000 according to Truecar. There are no Range Rovers priced at $88,000 since it starts at $91k. The average price for a new Range Rover is $115,000 (I excluded the outrageously priced top trim Range Rover SVAutiobigraphy ones since they are $200k and skew results). X7 is brand new state of the art, in a different segment (3 row) and price category and (MB GLS, Escalade category) and should be selling in much bigger volumes than Range Rover but they don't.

Any new vehicle debuts with a with huge sales spike, but how it sales throughout the rest of the year will paint the accurate story. The X7 is at its peak hike and only 100 more units than the old, more expensive Range Rover last month. Not exactly a rousing success. Again, Range Rovers are more expensive and the lease rates are different (very high with the Range Rover, reasonable with the X7). And judging by how the X7 has fallen off of a cliff sales wise (40% decline in one month), while the Range Rover remains steady, the far more expensive and elderly Range Rover will probably overtake it again ..next month. Not exactly an amazing showing for the so-called best SUV in the world.

B) It's not only the British Royal family, Range Rover is the top selling car in the $100k+ price point. Period. It is currently the 'it' car among the upper classes. The Range Rover exudes elegance and style in a way the X7 will never. They are the best, which is why they're the top selling $100k vehicle in both the United States and Europe. The market can't be wrong. If it's so underwhelming like some of you guys are saying, no one would be buying them. People who can afford cars like this aren't stupid.

C) Yes, they're nicer. Highly dependent on the year. I have driven and ridden in a 2019 Range Rover Autobiography and it's a nicer environment than the X7. The interior style is cleaner while retaining very posh materials.

D) Finally, may I suggest that you join a Range Rover forum? I’m certain that they’d be more receptive to your analysis. You can’t be surprised that those in this group find your opinions a bit polarizing. We researched this car, spent a ton of money on it, and are invested enough to come here during our free time to talk about it.

What do you do when you have both vehicles?

Last edited by balmain; 08-20-2019 at 12:21 PM..
Appreciate 0