BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Headlights on LCI

10-21-2022, 10:38 AM   #89
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X7;X5;S-Class;Navigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Pină View Post
Can you type "anti dazzle BMW" into YouTube or not really?
Al Pină
Al Pină: You can easily see that many people are starting to get annoyed by your consistent approach of “coaching” people when they ask questions with answers like (go read the manual!), (this has been answered before!), (can’t you type it into YouTube!)….

Dude just leave people alone. Some folks prefer to ask (what seems to you) simple questions. If you don’t want to answer them, leave them alone and do not offend them. Be nice to people. U don’t need to act like you are the smartest in the room and others are stupid for the questions they ask!

Last edited by BMW5and7; 10-22-2022 at 10:56 AM..
Appreciate 7
      10-21-2022, 10:43 AM   #90
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X7;X5;S-Class;Navigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by guywithcat View Post
Al Pina -- I looked around, you seem to pick fights with people all over the place. And people seem to scold you for it. I suspect you have this issue all over your life. Please just leave me alone.
I second that after seeing it happening repeatedly!.

Last edited by BMW5and7; 10-21-2022 at 10:50 AM..
Appreciate 3
      10-21-2022, 10:50 AM   #91
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

My order in BMW Garage shows manual rear shades on my order but I'm pretty sure they should be electric. Is this wrong?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2022, 11:14 AM   #92
Bigrahizzle
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 x7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW5and7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by guywithcat View Post
Al Pina -- I looked around, you seem to pick fights with people all over the place. And people seem to scold you for it. I suspect you have this issue all over your life. Please just leave me alone.
I second that after seeing it happening repeatedly!.
These kind of people have a horrible life so they go online to boss people around
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2022, 12:22 PM   #93
coolerbythelake
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X7 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1984tx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by makers46 View Post
Has anyone raised this issue with BMW service ?
So I didn't raise the issue with BMW Service but my 2023 X7 picked up a giant nail and I took it in for the tire to be replaced, and they said there was a recall for the headlights and a software update. I got the car back this afternoon and was pleasantly surprised to see that iDrive 8 is now running firmware version 07/2022.59 (if I remember correctly) AND whatever they did ENABLED the anti-dazzle feature of the headlights and it was selectively turning on/off different beams of lights while driving on the highway in the middle of San Antonio with plenty of traffic around me.

The low beam pattern still funny but clearly BMW is doing some updates to the headlights via new software, albeit slowly.

BMW announced a new OTA update on Oct 11th but my car hadn't received it yet and got it while being serviced.
I'm having my winter tires put on the first week in November. Out of curiosity I just called to see if there's a software update the dealer has available for me and if it enables anti-dazzle. The service advisor couldn't tell me over the phone what was available; he said the tech needs my car there physically to scan it. He did say he hadn't heard of BMW enabling anti-dazzle.

Are you able to take a video of your anti-dazzle feature in action? To be clear, I'm not implying I don't believe you, I just am used to showing up at my servicing dealer and having to school them on what I want/need. I'd love to be able to whip out a video.
Appreciate 1
BMW5and71061.50
      10-22-2022, 01:23 PM   #94
Sh0xT3R
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 M60i

I'm really curious to hear if BMW is enabling anti-dazzle in the US and if the US version of the LCI has the same hardware as the EU spec. I was under the impression that, even if you enable anti-dazzle in the US, the effects are subpar because the US version doesn't have all the necessary hardware.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2022, 06:57 PM   #95
gsobol
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0xT3R View Post
I'm really curious to hear if BMW is enabling anti-dazzle in the US and if the US version of the LCI has the same hardware as the EU spec. I was under the impression that, even if you enable anti-dazzle in the US, the effects are subpar because the US version doesn't have all the necessary hardware.
That might have been the case in pre-LCI model, especially with Laser headlights. This may no longer be the case with LCI model, as Lasers are no longer offered, and only Active LEDs are used. But we won't know for sure until someone examines both region's headlights.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2022, 07:45 AM   #96
danbone7
Private
Rep
Drives: X7

I think it's safe to say the anti-dazzle has not been enabled given only one person is claiming such. There would be many more data points if true.
Appreciate 1
      10-24-2022, 10:19 AM   #97
Bigrahizzle
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbone7 View Post
I think it's safe to say the anti-dazzle has not been enabled given only one person is claiming such. There would be many more data points if true.
I agree maybe just stirring the pot
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2022, 10:20 AM   #98
Bigrahizzle
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
So I didn't raise the issue with BMW Service but my 2023 X7 picked up a giant nail and I took it in for the tire to be replaced, and they said there was a recall for the headlights and a software update. I got the car back this afternoon and was pleasantly surprised to see that iDrive 8 is now running firmware version 07/2022.59 (if I remember correctly) AND whatever they did ENABLED the anti-dazzle feature of the headlights and it was selectively turning on/off different beams of lights while driving on the highway in the middle of San Antonio with plenty of traffic around me.

The low beam pattern still funny but clearly BMW is doing some updates to the headlights via new software, albeit slowly.

BMW announced a new OTA update on Oct 11th but my car hadn't received it yet and got it while being serviced.
Can you confirm this with a video?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2022, 10:35 AM   #99
Ace6180G07
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X7 M50i / 2024 X5 40i

So I am not sure if this is anti dazzle and I have only driven my 23 X7 at night two times now. But I when the high beams come on the light starts inthe middle and then fans out to the edges.

In other words it’s turning on the LED matrix in the middle first and then the others towards the left and the right next.

My car spent 37 days in QC and I just picked it up Thursday of last week. It was never in stop sale.

Is that anti dazzle? I haven’t really paid much attention to tunneling around cars etc.

Either way I think it’s pretty bright and it’s plenty for driving at night.

I did not have the laser light option in my 2020 X5 that I just traded in. So this appears to be an upgrade from the old lights I had anyways. I don’t know if laser lights did the same thing or not either.

And yes I notice the dark pattern of the lights. But it doesn’t bother me. Only really noticeable when you’re going downhill.

Maybe mine came out of QC with AD enabled?

Last edited by Ace6180G07; 10-24-2022 at 10:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2022, 01:03 PM   #100
Bigrahizzle
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace6180G07 View Post
So I am not sure if this is anti dazzle and I have only driven my 23 X7 at night two times now. But I when the high beams come on the light starts inthe middle and then fans out to the edges.

In other words it’s turning on the LED matrix in the middle first and then the others towards the left and the right next.

My car spent 37 days in QC and I just picked it up Thursday of last week. It was never in stop sale.

Is that anti dazzle? I haven’t really paid much attention to tunneling around cars etc.

I did not have the laser light option in my 2020 X5 that I just traded in. So this appears to be an upgrade from the old lights I had anyways. I don’t know if laser lights did the same thing or not either.

And yes I notice the dark pattern of the lights. But it doesn’t bother me. Only really noticeable when you’re going downhill.

Mine does the same thing. Anti Dazzle will blanket the car in front of oncoming cars. It will light up the area around it but not the driver
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2022, 02:32 PM   #101
Orient330iNYC
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:

anti dazzle coupled with auto high beam will have the high beams coming on and activating around oncoming cars and cars in front of you.
i had it coded on my X3, you could see the light pattern changing as you encountered other cars on the road.

aside from that, the biggest telltale is that highbeams wont turn off completely when encountering other cars, parts of the beam will turn off, but the high beams themselves will stay on.
Past: 2019 G01 M40i ZDA/2VF/ZPP/ZPX/688/3AC
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2022, 03:51 PM   #102
Ace6180G07
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orient330iNYC View Post
anti dazzle coupled with auto high beam will have the high beams coming on and activating around oncoming cars and cars in front of you.
i had it coded on my X3, you could see the light pattern changing as you encountered other cars on the road.

aside from that, the biggest telltale is that highbeams wont turn off completely when encountering other cars, parts of the beam will turn off, but the high beams themselves will stay on.
I will have to look at it more at night. Now that I know what to look for.

Either way they are way brighter than the ones I had in my 2020 X5. However I did not have the laser light option so I guess that’s better than I had so it’s fine with me.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2022, 04:59 PM   #103
Orient330iNYC
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
I will have to look at it more at night. Now that I know what to look for.

Either way they are way brighter than the ones I had in my 2020 X5. However I did not have the laser light option so I guess that’s better than I had so it’s fine with me.

that video is what you should see if NGHB has been enabled
Past: 2019 G01 M40i ZDA/2VF/ZPP/ZPX/688/3AC
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2022, 06:44 PM   #104
Ace6180G07
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orient330iNYC View Post

that video is what you should see if NGHB has been enabled
Excellent! Will take a look. Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2022, 05:45 PM   #105
K1984tx
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 X7 x40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrahizzle View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Since I am being called out for possibly stirring the pot, I'll take a video of it so y'all can see. I'll try and get one tonight. While the particular stretch of road where I notice it activates the most, and is most visible for viewers, isn't on any planned routes I had for tonight, I know of a few other roads where it kicks on every time I drive them at night.

I hadn't opened the Bimmerpost app in a bit so sorry it took me so long to read this.
Appreciate 1
      10-26-2022, 05:47 PM   #106
Bigrahizzle
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Since I am being called out for possibly stirring the pot, I'll take a video of it so y'all can see. I'll try and get one tonight. While the particular stretch of road where I notice it activates the most, and is most visible for viewers, isn't on any planned routes I had for tonight, I know of a few other roads where it kicks on every time I drive them at night.

I hadn't opened the Bimmerpost app in a bit so sorry it took me so long to read this.
Thanks I appreciate you taking the time to make a video
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2022, 05:58 PM   #107
K1984tx
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not a problem at all. Living in the city it's not as easy to find nice stretches of road where it's as clear as it is in some of the videos online where you can clearly notice it deactivating one side while lighting up trees on the other, but there is a raised highway area where you can see the different high beam LEDs on the wall adapting to traffic around me. Hopefully I can get a good video of it.
Appreciate 1
      10-26-2022, 06:03 PM   #108
Bigrahizzle
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not a problem at all. Living in the city it's not as easy to find nice stretches of road where it's as clear as it is in some of the videos online where you can clearly notice it deactivating one side while lighting up trees on the other, but there is a raised highway area where you can see the different high beam LEDs on the wall adapting to traffic around me. Hopefully I can get a good video of it.
Hopefully you can grab a nice shot of it
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2022, 08:56 PM   #109
K1984tx
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So I have a video of it doing it's antI-dazzle thing on the Highway in Texas with cars around me but I don't know how to upload a video. The app let's me attach pictures but not video.

Help?

Also my iDrive is running SW 07/2022.57 I cut that out of the video bc the image was all wobbly as I was tapping through the screen to get to that info.
Appreciate 1
      10-26-2022, 08:57 PM   #110
Bigrahizzle
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So I have a video of it doing it's antI-dazzle thing on the Highway in Texas with cars around me but I don't know how to upload a video. I let's me attach pictures but not video. Help?

Also my iDrive is running SW 07/2022.57 I cut that out of the video bc the image was all wobbly as I was tapping through the screen to get to that info.
Niiice, can you upload it to YouTube?
Appreciate 1