BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Oops - Maserati Coupe

01-15-2006, 02:01 AM   #1
aem
Why pay more for nothing?
Australia
Rep
Drives: .

Oops - Maserati Coupe

Just want to share with those who know about Maseratis.

Today i 'picked up' a Maserati Coupe out of the carpark for a customer (woot) and thinking it should be a nice little drive, but it wasn't to be. What happened as i pull the tiny reverse lever control into reverse (down) was the whole unit got detached (pulled out). I was like WTF as i frantically tried to put it back in and luckily i managed to do so. I was abit scared when it happened but then realise nothing seems broken as i was able to successfully put it in reverse the second time (after putting back in the unit) and the car drove, but then the second time round as i tried to reverse the car again, it wouldnt go into reverse (R). All the electrics seems ok and the gear shifter was operatable just not the reverse lever putting it into reverse....there's more to the story but i won't bored you.

Anyway the section i'm referring to is this whole oval patch in between the two window winder buttons...when i go to pull the lever down to put the car in reverse, the whole patch came off

Much to my amazement there were no wires that i can remember that hangs from the patch as i would assume there would be, and this is what i want to know, does anyone know if the unit is actually wireless?

Ps. How can a car (make that a $AU200K Maserati) have such defect?

Last edited by aem; 01-15-2006 at 02:22 AM..
Appreciate 0