BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum X7 Coding Options Now Available

05-03-2019, 09:02 PM   #1
jokinawa
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 40i

X7 Coding Options Now Available

Looks like both MyCarly and BimmerCode have some X7 coding available.

BimmerCode: https://www.bimmercode.app/cars/g07/
Carly: http://support.mycarly.com/knowledge...t-is-possible/
      05-04-2019, 09:02 AM   #2
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokinawa View Post

Thanks,just looked at the BimmerCode App and they have now updated the app.They must have just updated it sometime this week because last week there was nothing listed for the X7.I am going to try to code some stuff this weekend.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 09:08 AM   #3
jokinawa
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket View Post
Quote:

Thanks,just looked at the BimmerCode App and they have now updated the app.They must have just updated it sometime this week because last week there was nothing listed for the X7.I am going to try to code some stuff this weekend.
Please report back. Thank you.
      05-04-2019, 06:10 PM   #4
SW19
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Please report back. Thank you.

I tried it this afternoon.When you connect to the App with the UniCarScan adapter the X7 doesn’t show up on the list of codable BMW models.I did connect the car to the App by selecting the G30 5 series and it gave me the option of coding the ASS and the seat belt indicator.I didn’t code anything because i was worried about messing something up with the car.I am going to send the App developer a message asking why it doesn’t show up when you connect the car to the App.I had no problem coding my wife’s MY18 G30 5 series last weekend.

Last edited by SW19; 05-04-2019 at 06:55 PM..
Appreciate 1
jokinawa293.00
      05-04-2019, 06:56 PM   #5
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:

Outstanding. I'm a little skeptical, particularly of the Carly, as it says for the X7 you can use coding to raise and lower the spoiler. But if the other stuff is true, they're listing some neat features.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 11:47 AM   #6
jokinawa
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
Quote:

Outstanding. I'm a little skeptical, particularly of the Carly, as it says for the X7 you can use coding to raise and lower the spoiler. But if the other stuff is true, they're listing some neat features.
I followed up on that and received the following response when asking if they tested this on a real vehicle. It's not too reassuring.

——
Hi,

1) Here you can get a detailed view of your vehicle model and the available functions: http://support.mycarly.com/knowledge...with-my-model/
2) For your BMW, here is a list of all theoretically possible codings (if the relevant parts are installed in your vehicle): http://support.mycarly.com/knowledge...t-is-possible/

Due to the different ECUs and software that may be installed in your car, we recommend to try the free Lite version of our app first.
For this you need our adapter, which you can send back if you are not happy with it.
The Lite version shows you exactly which functions would be available for your vehicle model in the Full version.
We have done this to give you complete transparency about our app functions.
This is very important to us.
——
      05-06-2019, 01:53 PM   #7
sliu070
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 2019 G07

Video in motion is not on the new iDrive 7 systems?
      05-06-2019, 02:27 PM   #8
SW19
Colonel
Rep

The App developer got back to me and said coding works for the X7 but the way the App works right now is that you have to select the G30 5 series and you are able to code the car.

I just finished coding the X7 using the G30 5 series and it works.I coded the the ASS to remember the last user setting,so when you turn it off it stays off the next time you start the car.I also turned off the seat belt chime for the front driver and passenger seats.The only other option it gives you to code right now are some alarm settings which don’t seem necessary.All of the other G30 features that you are able to code in the 5 series say not codable next to them when you connect the X7 to the App.

So for anyone who wants to code the X7 you can do it.Just get the UniCarScan adapter and buy the Bimmercode App.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 02:38 PM   #9
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:
The App developer got back to me and said coding works for the X7 but the way the App works right now is that you have to select the G30 5 series and you are able to code the car.

I just finished coding the X7 using the G30 5 series and it works.I coded the the ASS to remember the last user setting,so when you turn it off it stays off the next time you start the car.I also turned off the seat belt chime for the front driver and passenger seats.The only other option it gives you to code right now are some alarm settings which don’t seem necessary.All of the other G30 features that you are able to code in the 5 series say not codable next to them when you connect the X7 to the App.

So for anyone who wants to code the X7 you can do it.Just get the UniCarScan adapter and buy the Bimmercode App.
Pretty limited at this point. But that's probably still worth it, just to stop ASS.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 03:11 PM   #10
LittleJoe
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 EQS 580 SUV

Has any X7 owners tried MyCarly to verify what can and cannot yet be changed? If so, list what you can actually change. I was considering buying Carly for our X7 but wanted to be certain it's worth it at this point.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 05:04 PM   #11
SW19
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
Pretty limited at this point. But that's probably still worth it, just to stop ASS.
Yep,its definitely worth it to get rid of the ASS and everything that you can code for the G30 will eventually be available for the X7.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 05:32 PM   #12
LittleJoe
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 EQS 580 SUV

Quote:
Yep,its definitely worth it to get rid of the ASS and everything that you can code for the G30 will eventually be available for the X7.
So are you saying they haven't yet added any programmable options for the X7 specifically? A friend has Carly for BMW and plugged it into my X7 about 10 days ago and while the X7 was listed there was only one option that could be reprogrammed and it wasn't ASS. It may be too soon to buy Carly if they haven't yet incorporated all possible X7 commands.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 06:01 PM   #13
SW19
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe View Post
So are you saying they haven't yet added any programmable options for the X7 specifically? A friend has Carly for BMW and plugged it into my X7 about 10 days ago and while the X7 was listed there was only one option that could be reprogrammed and it wasn't ASS. It may be too soon to buy Carly if they haven't yet incorporated all possible X7 commands.
They have added the programmable options in BimmerCode for the X7 but you have to select the G30 in the App to get to them.They will be updating the App in the future for the X7,so that it has its own listing in the App but for now you have to select the G30 and then you are able to code those three features.I don’t know anything about Carly.BimmerCode is much more popular on the forum for coding with an App.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 06:22 PM   #14
jokinawa
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe View Post
They have added the programmable options in BimmerCode for the X7 but you have to select the G30 in the App to get to them.They will be updating the App in the future for the X7,so that it has its own listing in the App but for now you have to select the G30 and then you are able to code those three features.I don't know anything about Carly.BimmerCode is much more popular on the forum for coding with an App.
Yeah. BimmerCode is much open to 3rd party adapters and looks much more professional IMHO.
      02-11-2020, 06:48 PM   #15
juice619
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 M Comp

jokinawa
Are there any updated G07 coding list for Esys. Also, has anyone else checked available ECU with Bimmercode?
Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 07:12 PM   #16
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

I use BimmerCode, but I think rg33 can remotely code a lot better.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12805.00
      02-12-2020, 01:17 PM   #17
juice619
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 M Comp

Has anyone in here coded the (ADV) Assisted Driving View feature on a 2019 equipped with AU and AR? If so, will you please share lines needed to enable such feature. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 05:53 PM   #18
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdbimmercoding View Post
Has anyone in here coded the (ADV) Assisted Driving View feature on a 2019 equipped with AU and AR? If so, will you please share lines needed to enable such feature. Thanks.
I have and it doesn't work without the package. bimmercode just allows you to "see" it, but once I try to use it, it disengages everytime.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 06:53 PM   #19
lukehhhhh
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i | 2017 i3 BEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
I have and it doesn't work without the package. bimmercode just allows you to "see" it, but once I try to use it, it disengages everytime.
You need to go into iDrive display settings to enable the view for it to be displayed when engaged.
Appreciate 1