BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Jag F-Type

03-28-2015, 09:08 PM   #1
Overpar56
Proud AARP member in good standing
Rep
Drives: Me nuts

Jag F-Type

Would you spend $82k on this level of build quality? And this wasn't unique to just this car. Two other F-Types had similar issues. These are brand new and this one was sold. Someone wasn't looking very close at how the fit and finish come together.

Passinger side.
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/album...ictureid=56733

driver's Side:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/album...ictureid=56732

2012 135i DCT, Lemans Blue/black leather, PPK1, PE, Stoptech Sport rotors and Sport pads, unhealthy crackles and burbles and an aging demonic driver.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2015, 09:43 PM   #2
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Wrong forum man.
      03-28-2015, 09:53 PM   #3
Overpar56
Proud AARP member in good standing
Rep
Drives: Me nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
Wrong forum man.
Just making an observation of how bad other car companies send out crap and expect people to buy it. From what I observed, Tata hasn't upped the Jag brand that much as compared to even domestic brands.

Hey, if you don't like the post, no worries. Move on.

2012 135i DCT, Lemans Blue/black leather, PPK1, PE, Stoptech Sport rotors and Sport pads, unhealthy crackles and burbles and an aging demonic driver.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2015, 10:58 PM   #4
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

What does this have to do with the 1 series? Nothing.
      03-29-2015, 01:33 AM   #5
PopsnBurbles
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135is :) 192/586

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overpar56 View Post
Just making an observation of how bad other car companies send out crap and expect people to buy it. From what I observed, Tata hasn't upped the Jag brand that much as compared to even domestic brands.

Hey, if you don't like the post, no worries. Move on.
It's not a matter of liking your post or not. It's about being posted in the wrong section because it has nothing to do with the 1 series.

Now, about the F-Type. That's only one car out of how many they build (I know, it's not much but still). People make mistakes, QC teams/robots can make mistakes too. If I do end up buying a car like that, I'll bring it up to have it fixed/I get compensated or swap it out for a different car. I've seen brand new GT-R's with stuff falling off worse than that. I've seen the same for exotic cars like Lambo's and Ferrari's. The same goes for BMWs too...heck my old E90 had a busted center grill (mesh on bumper) and the hood is a bit off. Even my 1er has a major unremoveable stain on the dead pedal/foot rest.
Appreciate 1
      03-29-2015, 05:48 AM   #6
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Now that this thread is in the right spot:

All companies have issues like this, especially on new (year 1) cars. A lot of times it's just an adjustment thing that wasn't done right at the factory.

Nothing to lose any sleep over.
      03-29-2015, 10:27 AM   #7
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopsnBurbles View Post
It's not a matter of liking your post or not. It's about being posted in the wrong section because it has nothing to do with the 1 series.

Now, about the F-Type. That's only one car out of how many they build (I know, it's not much but still). People make mistakes, QC teams/robots can make mistakes too. If I do end up buying a car like that, I'll bring it up to have it fixed/I get compensated or swap it out for a different car. I've seen brand new GT-R's with stuff falling off worse than that. I've seen the same for exotic cars like Lambo's and Ferrari's. The same goes for BMWs too...heck my old E90 had a busted center grill (mesh on bumper) and the hood is a bit off. Even my 1er has a major unremoveable stain on the dead pedal/foot rest.

+1

All manufacturers will have x number of crap builds, if they are lucky they spot them.

As an aside, the investment by Jaguar is immense at moment, new engine plant, new college, new innovation centre, investment in to main factories.

There are not many companies out there inwardly investing as much or coming out with some really good models.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 01:58 PM   #8
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

First year car problems. It's why people encourage you NOT to buy the first model year of a particular car.
      03-29-2015, 03:23 PM   #9
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overpar56 View Post
Would you spend $82k on this level of build quality? And this wasn't unique to just this car. Two other F-Types had similar issues. These are brand new and this one was sold. Someone wasn't looking very close at how the fit and finish come together.

Passinger side.
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/album...ictureid=56733

driver's Side:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/album...ictureid=56732
You didn't see Tesla or Ferrari. Much worse relative to the price.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 11:52 AM   #10
edisapimp
Civil Rights Activist
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 Sedan, E88 Vert

Year F of the F

E88 Crimson Red Vert MSport 6MT - Listing your mods in your signature is lame.
BMS DCI/MHD E30 Flash!!/AA Sport FMIC/VRSF CP w Tial BOV/VRSF 3" DPs/550i clutch w SPEC SMFW/Apex EC-7s/Whiteline RSFB/E92 M3 FCAs/Bilstein B12 Pro Kit/VRSF inlets
Appreciate 0